Michael Prysner; true communist hero

| December 24, 2009 | 136 Comments

If you google his name, you’ll find hundreds of websites that call Mike Prysner a “true war hero“. Why? Well, because he opposes the war against terror, of course. The Left likes to see buffoons who wear their uniform at their protests. Prysner is more than willing to fill the boots for them. But, Prysner has other aspirations, too.

See, he’s already tried to use his anti-war and veteran credentials to run for political office in Florida in the “Party for Socialism and Liberation”.

prysner

He’s already joined and then left the IVAW because they weren’t radical enough for him. He co-formed March Forward, a veteran contingent of the Maoist ANSWER. Here’s a slickerized version of his testimony at Winter Soldier that he’s been sending out to the Leftists around the internet;

Prysner claims that he tried to be proud of his service, but that he’s ashamed. That’s funny, because I can hardly find a picture of him in which he’s not wearing some remnant of his uniform.

prysner-ivaw

So what did this witness to war crimes and racism do in northern Iraq that made him such a hard-bitten anti-American? He was a ground surveillance radar guy. Here’s his records;

prysner-foia

prysner-assign

He served as a Imagery Ground Station (IGS) Operator and a Common Ground Station (CGS) Operator with the 10th Mountain Division. It seems to me that if he saw all of the bad things he described during his tour, and he’s wracked with such guilt, he’d report it. Even though, in my experience, he probably didn’t see much at all, since his job was to stare at screens. But, ya know, Iraq was a different war and maybe he did actually work outside the wire – but there’s no Combat Action Badge in his records which tells me he didn’t see much at all.

The only way he can become a hero is to be called one by people who have really, really low standards for heroes.

Just to show what type of Communism Socialism that Mike is supporting.

Category: Iraq Veterans Against the War, March Forward, Phony soldiers, Usual Suspects

Sites That Link to this Post

1. First-Prysner’s not a Stalinist, he’s a Maoist. DIFFERENT butchery and atrocities involved.

Second, communism is not love. It is nothing but cruelty, ignorance, and the tyranny of the least common denominator. Ask anyone who’s actually had to suffer under it, not the college kids who are busy hating their dads and thinking they’re sooooo edgy.

2. OldTrooper says:

Wow, AS, we actually are on the same side on this one!!! Who woulda thunk it?

3. Did AS just rip up on fellow IVAW member Michael “I love Castro” Prysner???

I need to sit down and take deep breaths. hehehe j/k

4. Jonn Lilyea says:

Yes, folks who have lived under communism tend to dislike it. What’s up with that?

5. Jacobite says:

#99 “Gandhi so eloquently put it (and I agree 100%) “There are many causes for which I am willing to die, but none for which I am willing to kill.” That is the ONLY path to a civilized and decent world.”

Susan, do you agree with ALL Gandhi said, or just what pleases you? Here’s some more from Gandhi………

“I WOULD risk violence a thousand times rather than risk the emasculation of a whole race.

I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence… I would rather have India resort to arms in order to defend her honour than that she should, in a cowardly manner, become or remain a helpless witness to her own dishonor.”

“My nonviolence does admit of people, who cannot or will not be nonviolent, holding and making effective use of arms.”

“I have been repeating over and over again that he who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honour by non-violently facing death may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden. He has no business to be the head of a family. He must either hide himself, or must rest content to live for ever in helplessness and be prepared to crawl like a worm at the bidding of a bully.”

“Though violence is not lawful, when it is offered in self-defense or for the defense of the defenseless, it is an act of bravery far better than cowardly submission. The latter befits neither man nor woman. Under violence, there are many stages and varieties of bravery. Every man must judge this for himself. No other person can or has the right.”

Source: The Mind of Mahatma Gandhi

While Gandhi was very committed to nonviolence, he was also a realist and knew full well that the human race as a whole would not then, and never will, embrace nonviolence as a worldwide philosophy. Humans are not built that way, we are creatures of nature, (or God for some), not creatures of philosophy.

6. Jim R. says:

Came across this site because some joker (a friend of a friend) thought it would be cool to post this video on my Facebook wall.

I must say, I am quite impressed with the responses TO (emphasis added) the obvious cool aid drinkers.

As someone who served in the 10th Mountain (1-22IN Somalia & Haiti), I can tell you, what this guy is doing sickens me.

I retired before the second go around in the sandbox; however, I have plenty of brothers who have served there, and some who are still there and what Prysner is doing is dishonoring the memories of the ones who didn’t (and continue) to not come home.

It sickens me to see him wearing that uniform like he earned it!

I’d love to have a little chat with this so-called “war hero” or better yet, introduce him to some real heroes, like my bro who received the Silver Star in Somalia for his actions during Gothic Serpent.

Thanks to all of you who have served, if it weren’t for us, Mr. Prysner and the rest of his rabble wouldn’t be able to spout their vitriol.

7. Ken says:

I wonder how many of you guys who are criticizing him actually went to combat, or were in Iraq. Its very easy talking about war sitting comfortably on your butt at home. He actually put his life on the line for his friends and this country to protect it I would trust the word of someone who was there over some one who wasn’t.

8. Scott says:

“I wonder how many of you guys who are criticizing him actually went to combat, or were in Iraq. Its very easy talking about war sitting comfortably on your butt at home”

Most of us are combat vets, fuckstick; try learning a little about the blog before you show your ass. I served in combat in Iraq. Prysner didn’t. So by your logic you can go ahead and take my word over his when I tell you he’s full of shit.

9. Anonymous says:

bunch of ignorant rednecks here lol

10. jack says:

Thank god for people like michael prysner. People that are willing to work & try to change are very flawed & outdated political system that makes the rich richer & keeps the poor.. poor. Michael prysner does not preach communism. If that’s what you get from his message you’re either quite uneducated or educated & trying to spin the truth for your own political reasons… like the guy who wrote this column.

Jesus, they’re all ate up with the dumbass and don’t even know it.

12. Athena says:

Uhm, Jack, Prysner has many antecedents who ended up shot or in the gulag for being so “willing to work & try to change”. Fighting for someTHING isn’t enough-It’s what you fight FOR that matters, and he’s clearly delusional to believe that ANSWER has the answer to that one.

13. liftstation says:

This guy is a disgrace to the country and the uniform. In fact, he’s not worth our time. I guess we are suppose to all hold hands around the campfire singing, “Kum-Ba-Yah” while the folks that want every man woman and child in the west dead kill us off. He has no solutions, in fact, he is a great example of the bleeding heart problem. All we need to do is look back at Nam and see how guys like this and the liberal media actually cost us the war. Let me assure you all that if this country was united in our noble effort to free the world of tyrants,extremists, dictators, radicals, and power hungry killers, idiot baffoons like this butt wipe counterfeit rat could not exist.

14. RaisedEyebrow says:

With very much respect to those who serve in our Military as I had several friend & family member veterans, I am compelled to share my 2 cents based not only on their input but my personal experience in this clusterfuck called a free country.

Wow! Lots of emotions running wild in here about people who disagree with our life long teachings (from grade school to TV propaganda) of how free we are supposed to be and what a great system we have.
    Some things that I’m a bit confused about for example,
    We are only as equal as our bank accounts.
    We only have the rights we can afford. If you are poor (which ever growing #’s of people are) you have practically no way to fight any entity that is dry fucking you as they not only have the over abundance of money but the lawyers to make damn sure you stay well fucked. Free speech as long as you don’t say anything bad about the power trippin, disconnected, no clue what it is to be a regular citizen, silver spooned, well groomed, lying fuck-ups we are supposed to call leaders.
    Our corporate government consistently takes ever more from those of us who have ever less. They have basically given full powers to Wall Street to make it where soon with or without a job ya won’t be able to afford to live in a roofed building without moving in others to share the overload falsely inflated expenses. Where one person can rarely generate enough money to keep a home and are forced to send the kids to someone they don’t know all day every day because both mom & dad have to be gone all the time thus fucking the kids up. Unless of course you are an exec in corporate management.
    We went to Iraq for oil that didn’t do a thing for us here in the states. We are now in Afghanistan because? $1 trillion in untapped minerals found. We probably aren’t even fighting anyone over but rather digging their resources as our own.
    What does Libya have again? Oh, that’s right OIL!
    We are building a great vacation spot for the Elitists & for the UAE at yours and my expense but we will damned sure never afford going for a visit. Well, unless of course it is to blow them up too. We are without question the most War loving country in history. I don’t believe we have gone even 10 years without one somewhere and don’t tell me some are just military actions, it is still war with other humans.
    Seems Everyone wants to call it some kind of ism or another. Why don’t we come up with a new term like maybe Humanism. Where ALL PEOPLE have not only the right but also ability to better themselves without all of the ignorant pitfalls, setups & scams. Where people are able to give a damn about their neighbors instead of figuring out how to fuckem over. Where lying is a Crime rather than expected.
    Lastly, every single Veteran I spoke or speak to says EXACTLY the Same Thing… “What We Have Now IS NOT What I was Fighting For”
    I’ve seen and heard the pain in these mens faces, hearts & minds but do YOU Believe Your Beloved Leaders Give a Fuck about THEM OR YOU? Rather than pass such quick judgment on others who see things differently, please at least take some time to really think about it all.
    And No, I don’t want to live in a communist, pure socialist country either but this place sure as hell isn’t the great Bullshit they had me believing in school too OK.
    Yea,I don’t know just a thought. I’m sure it will rev somebody up in here… Sheesh!

15. Rio Guzman says:

Check this website. It will give you some perspective. http://www.ae911truth.org

16. Jonn Lilyea says:

Yeah, thanks, Rio. We haven’t been bombarded with enough baseless blather over the last ten years. We can always use “perspective” from cranks and walking, breathing dildos.

17. Jeremy says:

While I dont agree with the majority of what Prysner has to say, I believe that some of the corporate and political relationships are shady at best.

The middle class is disappearing. It is not the governments job to make sure they proliferate; however it is the governments job to keep unethical corporations on the level.

I am proud to be an American. I thank those of you who served for your courage and sense of duty. Hopefully, those of us who didnt serve in the military are attempting to serve in other ways to improve this country.

Socialism is not inherently bad as you well know, but some of the social policies in the USA are. That being said, our compassion for our fellow countrymen has always been one of the values that I believe make this a great country.

To sum up, I dont have the answers but some things could definitely be changed for the better.

It saddens me when it seems that there is no middle ground for dialogue left in politics.

Keep up the good fight soldiers. Keep looking for a way to improve the USA without punishing ambition liberals.

Let us all continue striving for freedom. Maybe not the proper forum, just wanted to vent a bit. Thanks.

18. Amused2death says:

Thank you, RaisedEyebrow, for such a passionate and heart-felt expression of this world as we know it to be. No doubt you will receive such enlightend responses from this crowd such as “You suck” and “you are a communist fuckstick (as one of these brilliant individuals likes to call everyone who disagrees with his point of view, no doubt having oral cravings for such a thing as a fuck-stick) or maybe the constant whine from the old soldier boy “When you have life experience you can talk blah blah blah” but just consider the source of such insults, and be at peace. Jesus loves even them……

19. Amused2death says:

And thank you Jeremy for an intelligent and well written plea for sanity and constructive conversation. Those who get it will, and those who don’t may never, but it was a great effort.

20. Doc Bailey says:

good lord there are so many trolls with their heads up their 4th point of contact!

21. John D. Fiat says:

I’m a vet and I agree with Prysner’s infamous speech completely. I don’t endorse socialism, but he says nothing about that in that speech. Sure, I don’t like the fact that he endorses it, but it’s certainly better than being hopelessly trapped in the false Left/Right Paradigm like most I see here. That’s the one the elite wants you to keep buying into anyway. So no, I don’t like the banner that says Socialism, but the one that says “Occupation Is A Crime” is dead fucking on. And just like good music breaks genres and stereotypes so does logical politics. I suppose you knuckleheads also want a another (AskeNAZI) war, only now, with Iran, right? And all because they are (supposedly)close to making a nuclear weapon, and therefore a threat to Israel. Even if they are, so what! Israel has 300+ nukes, but unlike Iran, they’ve attacked us before. Iran, however, hasn’t led a military offensive against any other nation in over 200 years (before they were even called Iran)

So if you guys really stand with your fellow vets, then you should back up those attacked on the USS Liberty (by Israel) in getting a real investigation done. They deserve it! We need to investigate and convict of all Israeli war criminals involved in both the USS Liberty and 911 attacks. We also need to cut off all foreign aid to IsraHell for good. But if you’d rather keep acting like a bunch of brainwashed pussies that believe everything the warmongers tell you on your favorite TV programs (which they also own & control), I can’t help you.

The Mossad did 911! And that’s not according to me, that’s according to Dr. Alan Sabrosky, the former director (and grad) of the Army War College. So that’s at least two major attacks against the U.S. and we’re listening to them and actually considering taking another war on their behalf. (Fuck you, not this vet!) And let us not forget that our annual 6 billion to Israel has funded thousands of acts of terrorism (mostly false-flag) against hundreds of nations around the world (including us). They also commit more espionage against us than any other nation (even Russia). Remember the White House telecoms scandal? They were listening to Clinton’s sex scandal in order to obtain some more blackmail material. Some friend & ally, huh?

Wake up, people!

22. teddy996 says:

I can’t wait for Alex Jones to broadcast “white night” on his radio show.

Oh, sweet root beer drinking baby Jesus on a tricycle.

Why do all the Ronulans show up HERE??? Seriously, Fiat–go back to you Oathkeepers circle jerk.

24. Anonymous says:

Reading is good and all but at times it better that you go outside and Live your Life

25. SuperAutomaton says:

Stop using the label Communist for anything that stands up against American neo-colonialist, war-mongering, terrorist state.

It’s really sad that even the “educated class” is too blind to see that these labels do not reflect the actually situation, but are merely used as a smear.

War is the means by which the poor subsidize the rich with their taxes and lives. It has been that way since the beginning of our countries history. The US is not a noble country and everywhere it goes it leaves destruction, misery and poverty in it’s wake.

Go ahead, call me a Communist. That term has lost it’s meaning. Jerks!

26. Jonn Lilyea says:

Um, dickweed in #130; He made a New Year’s resolution to be a better Communist. What else should I call him? Obviously, the term hasn’t lost it’s meaning in Prysner’s mind.

27. Old Trooper says:

#130: If you live here; get the fuck out if you want to wet your diaper about everything that isn’t rainbows and skittle farting unicorns. If you don’t live here; stay the fuck out, we neither need or want you here. In case you haven’t noticed, and judging by the boiler plate pablum you’re spewing you haven’t, but those places you say we destroy and cause misery and poverty in our wake are doing better than when we got there. So take your utopian bullshit and shove it straight up your ass. How many of these places have you been around the world? All you’re doing is quoting what you read in your WCW pamphlet (that’s obvious from your class warfare comparison) and what your limp wristed professor told you in class. When you’re all grown up and have actually seen this American caused misery and poverty, come talk to us.

For what it’s worth: the CAB did in fact exist when Prysner got out. It was approved on 2 May 2005. The FOIA info shows Prysner left the Army on 14 June of that year.

Oh, and WOTN: have to disagree. Other than MOS and unit of assignment requirements, per AR 600-8-22 the CAB criteria are essentially the same as CIB or CMB criteria. All three require the recipient have been personally engaged by the enemy or personally engaged the enemy by fire – which is the same as saying been in actual combat.

Not disputing that the infantry’s job is toughest, but the CIB and CMB still recognize that fact. The CAB merely recognizes the fact that those in other MOSs/units get shot at (and shoot back) too.

SuperAutomaton: I agree – with your screen name, not your drivel above. You’re nothing more than an automaton here; you’re repeating tired, bogus Progressive/Marxist/Communist/Socialist/(insert other other idiotic leftist movement name here) “talking points”. Try thinking for yourself rather than acting like a parrot.

Oh, and you are also most cordially invited to go fornicate yourself.

30. The idea that Ron Paul favors socialized medicine–he is a physician, btw–is absurd. But perhaps someone put some stuff on the Internet in his name. One can never tell these days.

31. Mike Monroe says:

I tend to agree with this guy, altho it seems he is exaggerating his record. Too many armchair generals have no idea of the emotional impact these kind of wars have on those who have to fight them. As far as I’m concerned, he has every right to speak up and to be a socialist if that’s what he wants to do.

32. Dude says:

Dude… Prysner ROCKS!!!! YEAH!!!!!! WOOOOOOOT!!!!!!

33. Freedom says:

Just like to say the the yanks and the brits, and i am brit myself, like to play real double standards…the yanks and brits are the forerunners in talking about human rights etc but they are definitely not up there in acting it out and so that argument goes straight out the window..the problem in this blog is i dnt think people like yourselves understand the magnitude of the problems..ahh well enjoy ur propaganda fools!!

Freedom: you’re entitled to your opinion. I’m entitled to mine.

My opinion is that you should GFY.

35. Anonymous says:

@130 the cmb also requires that medical aid be given, getting shot at isnt enough. There is no essentially the same.

36. Anonymous says: