Ask an Infantryman

| May 15, 2008

While Jonn is taking one for the team wallowing with the antiwar freak show, I’ll take a minute to answer an email from some troll who is totally down with the religion of peace gang. Though not a theologian, I’ll try to answer his question.

What fascists like you can’t answer is the obvious and selfless devotion to one’s faith in the true Prophet that he is willing to strap explosives on and lay down his own life in service to Allah. Answer that infidel!

Dear goat-humping, 7th century, savage:

Let’s see now…

No Jesus
No Christmas
No television
No cheerleaders
No Nude Women
No football
No tailgate parties
No pork BBQ
No hot dogs
No lobster
No shellfish, or even frozen fish sticks
No nachos
No Beer !!!!!!!!
Rags for clothes and towels for hats.
Constant wailing from the guy next-door because he’s sick and there are no doctors.
Constant wailing from the guy in the tower.
You can’t shave.
Your wives can’t shave.
You can’t shower to wash off the smell of donkey cooked over burning camel dung.
Your bride is picked by someone else.
She smells just like your donkey.
But your donkey has a better disposition.
Then they tell you that when you die it all gets better!

I mean, really, is there a mystery here?

Hope this helps.

Tags: ,

Category: Politics

Comments (30)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Rooney says:

    COB- Wow! Nice post!

    Do you expect to be taken seriously with these ignorant remarks?

    Jonn wrote: Rooney, you’re askin’ for it.

  2. Ziggy says:


    You have to make allowances.

    NOTHING is of any more value than anything else.

    Don’t you know that it’s all EQUIVALENT ?????

    WE must be equally respectful of ALL.

  3. 509th Bob says:

    I had seen a GREAT post on Ace of Spades about how to tell that you are a Taliban. It’s VERY funny. Find it, and you’ll have the answer to these “people.”

  4. Bob Bakian says:

    Wow, those are probably the most ignorant observations I have ever read. So why do these people really decide to blow themselves up? Prior to the US arriving in Iraq the occurrence of suicide bombers was non-existent, now they are virtually certain to happen nearly on a daily basis. Judging by your moniker, crotchety old bastard, I am guessing you are an older man so shouldn’t you be making more educated observations than “No NASCAR, no nude women, etc?” Take a look at the locations of where suicide bombing are most prevalent, the US is meddling in nearly if not all of those locations.

    Bob and Rooney; I guess it’s easier for you two to criticize COB than it is to criticize the guy who called COB a “facist” and an “infidel”. I applaud your obvious embrace of the death-culture of radical Islam – I just wish you’d go embrace one of them who happens to be wearing a suicide vest.

  5. Rooney says:

    Jonn- I like your blog and I’m not defending Islam or anything… but if you want to be taken seriously at all you should take down this obviously racist post. There is no defending this one Jonn- come on, your’re smarter than that.

    Jonn wrote: Sorry, but I’m not taking it down for two reasons. 1) It’s not racist – since when is criticizing a group of 12th century thugs considered “racism”? Choose your words more carefully. And 2) because this is my house. When you have a blog, you can do whatever you’d like. If you think I’m going to take down a post because two crackpots like you and Bob Bakian say I should, you don’t know me.

    If you don’t like the post, here’s a solution; Don’t read it. If you don’t like my blog, don’t read it. How much easier can I make it for you?

  6. Bob Bakian says:

    Nicely drawn conclusion Jonn. The facts speak for themselves and the fact that COB and people exactly like him would rather subscribe to what’s being fed to him from the tube is unfortunate. Our actions have consequences, and the blame for mis-interpreting why those consequences are occurring rests solely on the shoulders of each individual.

    Jonn wrote: That’s your standard argument, isn’t it? Everyone except you is ignorant. Well played. You’re laboring under the misapprehension that I care what you think.

  7. Bob Bakian says:

    No that is the conclusion you have drawn about me. Obviously you care a little about what I am saying otherwise you wouldn’t be responding to my posts. So to make sure I am clear on where you stand, you think the suicide bombings occur solely because the group of “12th century thugs” hate America? What about a group of 11th-13th century “thugs” that carried out the crusades, I suppose that is all forgiven because it wasn’t perpetrated but Islamo-fascists right?

    Jonn Lilyea; You’re right, I could probably care less what you say and every time you equivocate, it registers less and less on my GAS (give-a- sh**) meter. Personally, I don’t care why those thugs want to kill us all, I only care that they do. In fact that’s the only reason I have for wanting to kill them all – to make them stop trying to kill us all. But, hey, you’re the brainiac here, what do I know?

  8. Those 11th-13th century guys that did the Crusades are all dead aren’t they? I think the last one died filming the last Indiana Jones movie, the “You’ve chosen wisely” guy.

    And they wonder why we don’t debate them on our own blogs.

  9. Bob Bakian says:

    Kill them all huh, and what is your strategy, Jonn, to accomplish that feat? As you are an old military man I am curious to hear what you would do to “kill them all.” Instead of spewing funny acronyms and cliches lets hear how you would rid the world of Islamo-fascists. I imagine your response will be something along the lines of, “I don’t have time for this,” or “You are a waste of time,” but I am hoping you prove me wrong.

    Jonn wrote: They’re already doing it to themselves. Our guys set up clear fields of fire and the thugs run right into it. They complain that Israel “occupied” their land for 60 years, but they conveniently forget that they “occupied” Spain for 500 years. The only way to wipe the scourge of Islamic extremists from the earth is not to talk to them, or to ignore them. The only thing they understand is force and violence. It’s the same thing that brough Arafat to the negotiating table in 1991, it’s the only thing that made Qaddafi surrender his illegal weapons – until the peace movement picked up their bullhorns and gave all of the thugs of the world hope.

    I’m sorry to disappoint you that I didn’t scream out “Nuke ’em till they glow” or something similar. But the only way to be safe is let them kill themselves – all of them. Anyone with a different opinion is naive and foolish.

  10. 509th Bob says:

    Ignore them, Jonn, that’s what I’ve decided to do. I would have pointed that the Crusades were conducted to RE-capture Jerusalem from the INVADING Muslims, and that Syria and Lebanon were predominantly Christian-variant lands prior to the Muslims arrival, but that would only cause more responses. Sort of like my children, when they were 3, “Why? Why? Why?,” and never accepting an answer. The answer, of course, as you well know, is that Ron Paul is the Only Man Who Can Save America!

    Jonn wrote: Yeah, I don’t know how they figure any of this will convince us to vote for a man not even on the ticket.

  11. Rooney says:

    Seriously? How can you sit there with a good conscience and say COB’s remarks aren’t in the least bit bigoted?

    Demeaning someone’s religion/culture isn’t bigoted?

  12. Bob Bakian says:

    Great strategy Jonn, let them kill themselves and take American lives with them. If we were to make a Ron Paul move like bringing our troops home from overseas, do you honestly believe these “thugs” would get on an airplane (with their suicide vests of course) and fly over here to walk through NYC (with their suicide vests of course) and commit the atrocities here? If your strategy is to be successful then why not get of there so they can continue to blow themselves up and not hurt American forces?

  13. COB6 says:

    Okay folks, this has gotten far more attention than it needs.

    It is a damn joke!

    Was Jonn being bigoted against the US Air Force (where is own son is serving) in the military translation post?

    No, it was a damn joke!

    As one of the biggest NCAA football fans anywhere was I being bigoted when I joked:

    Florida State English professor asked what comes after a sentence. I Seminole linebacker answered immediately, “An appeal!”

    Simply a joke.

  14. Bob Bakian says:

    I love racist jokes! Keep ’em coming COB, they’re priceless!

  15. Rooney says:

    COB- No those examples aren’t racist. The one above that started this thread is. Try to backpedal all you want but you crossed the line. You know better than that.

  16. Ziggy says:

    FWIW, kinda, sorta seems to me that in this playground, JONN decides where the line is.

    Jonn wrote: Bingo! I think Rooney and his girlfriend Bob Bakian should go start their own blog and see who shows up to argue with them in concentric circles.

  17. Bob Bakian says:

    Sorry I blew holes in your strategy to “kill them all” but it’s entertaining to see your immature responses to points that question your logic.

  18. Rooney says:

    I have come to the conclusion that I can’t hold your flawed ideals against you. You have exactly the kind of mentality I wanted in my troops- that blind and unquestioning acceptance of the mission. If you were serving for me as one of my NCOs I would expect nothing less.

    But that is also why the military discourages discussing politics. It is very hard to separate the two competing ideals of conformity on one hand, and open-mindedness on the other.

  19. 509th Bob says:

    Ignore the trolls, COB6. Eventually they’ll go back to playing Halo3 or something.

  20. Ziggy says:

    By Christ, I do admire your patience, Jonn.

    You DO have a high tolerance for “smarm”.

  21. Why are you guys getting your panties in a wad over a joke? That is so damn PC dudes.

    Last time I looked, this blog wasn’t a college campus, it’s a hangout for veterans, active duty military and patriots and we’re not exactly the purveyors of political correctness. Would you have acted so offended if the joke had been about Christians?


    That would be horrible

    No football


    No Beer

    Take me out back and shoot me right now! 🙂

  22. Lloyd Genuine says:

    Political correctness is one thing, rochester, but this type of thinking is what dehumanizes foreign people, their culture, and allows for the type of reasoning that led to the U.S. invading another country on false pretenses to show them how to run a democracy. Your ignorant statements about another culture make you as guilty as you claim them to be about yours. Hypocrite.

  23. Lloyd Genuine Says:

    Your ignorant statements about another culture make you as guilty as you claim them to be about yours. Hypocrite.

    Man, you need to chill. You’re taking things way to ‘effin serious… you just earned the nickname of “buzzkill” due to your lack of a sense of humor and that stick you’re walking around up your behind.

  24. 509th Bob says:

    Rochester Veteran,

    Don’t worry about the weirdo-trolls. Once the Paulian-space-bots find what they they THINK might be home for deranged theories, they flock (like illegal aliens streaming across the border in an undefended break in the wire) to a site.

    Hello, Transnational-Progressive Queers (a.k.a., Tranzis, sort of like Tranzis, cross-dressed sexually-conflicted queers who think that Muslims have the right to anally-penetrate Christians), we ACTUALLY think that our “culture” is preferable to yours. Move your sorry asses to Britain, they are surrendering as fast as they can. Renounce your American citizenship with IRREVOCABLE clauses. Live Up to your self-announced Desires to be Muslim-Dhimmis.

    Otherwise, STFU, “Lloyd Genuine” (genuine of what, I don’t hesitate to ask?). By the way, WHO ARE YOU VOTING FOR in the next presidential election? Ron Paul? Obama? If you have any real convictions, speak now. Educate us about your “special” comprehensive understanding about Islam. Lay your “qualifications” down for everybody to examine. I strongly suspect that you cannot meet ANY of the challenges that I have laid in front of you.

    Unless you are one of the trolls who’ve been previously denounced for idiots on this site, put your REAL identity on the line. Otherwise, “I fart in your general direction,” and “Go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!”

  25. Lloyd Genuine says:

    509th, what challenges have you for me? The implied challenge you present is how to keep an intelligent conversation and exchange of ideas going amidst your name calling and ranting.

    My convictions are for the freedom of people to live their lives in the best way they see fit, absent from government or religious influence, if they choose. I assert that each individual is the best person to decide their own life’s path. I contend that other countries are free to govern in the way they see fit, and that it is the responsibility of my government to protect the rights of her citizens to be free, and little more.

    You are certainly free to believe that your culture is preferable to another, but you may not inhibit someone from participating in their own culture in any way, including through the use of force.

    Generalizing all Muslims is unfair. Some Muslims are evil, not all. I have not claimed any special comprehensive understanding of Islam, I do claim an intimate understanding of the nature of freedom and humanity.

    I’ll respond to your Monty Python quote with a quote from the great comedian Voltaire: I may not agree with what you say, but I would defend to the death your right to say it.

  26. Buzzkill,

    Here’s a bunak joke for you, just so you know we don’t just pick on Muslims:

    Why wasn’t Christ born in Lithuania?
    Because they couldn’t find three wisemen and a virgin.



    I’m from bunak ancestory and have no problems joking about it.

    Anybody else have a joke from your ethnic background, why don’t you post it so it all seems fair to Buzzkill and the PC squad! 🙂

  27. Some of you guys here know Pitbull, right? I know that Colonel Riley and concretebob know him. Jonn, did you get a chance to meet Pitbull? I met him at Eagles Muster. Here’s a bunak too! Here’s a link to a picture of us at Eagles Muster:

    Pitbull and RV

  28. concretebob says:

    Sorry I ‘m late to the party, but IMAO, every word posted by COB6 is the undeniable truth. They say all humor requires a kernal of truth. COB6 used an entire corn field.
    S/F Charlie.

  29. Ziggy says:

    IMHO, the only thing I would argue with is “Your wives can’t shave”.

    I belive that the wives ARE permitted to shave (just not the legs and pits).

  30. Ziggy says:

    i.e. Shaving their faces IS permitted. 🙂