Vet charity closes because of phony

| January 26, 2012 | 25 Comments

49-year-old Lehn Joseph Bundrick abandon his charity, The Long Road Home in Oregon when his phony record came to light. Sounds like something that happened in Colorado a few year back with Rick Duncan/Strandlof, doesn’t it? Local TV News reports;

The charity helps veterans coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan.

This summer Bundrick led a ceremony in the town of Jefferson to honor Navy SEALs who died in Afghanistan.

Other veterans say he claimed to have known some of those SEALs because he was a Navy SEAL himself. They say Bundrick claimed to have won the Silver Star, Bronze Star and several Purple Hearts.

They say he faked a presidential citation for heroism before other veterans got suspicious and he took off.

“He was very convincing,” said Bill Stam, a member of The Long Trail Home. “He had a lot of people snowed. He’s good. I didn’t think I could ever be, especially in the military aspect of it, but when I’d ask him military questions, he had the correct answers.”

But it’s a victimless crime, right?

The Marion County Sheriff’s Office is still investigating but says so far it appears Bundrick hasn’t used the charity’s money for anything illegal since he was an officer of the organization.

So there’s nothing to charge him with except The Stolen Valor Act, but it’s Oregon and falls under the jurisdiction of the Ninth Circuit which has decided the Act is unconstitutional, so authorities won’t arrest him until the Supreme Court decides on Alvarez.

1. Cakmakli says:

I can’t believe that there are retards on that FB page that think he may be legit.

2. Flagwaver says:

I actually have seen this guy. I was at the Native American ceremony in Salem and saw this guy on stage. I spoke with this guy, but he knew all the buzz-words and didn’t set off any flags in my mind. Wow… Guess I should have done more homework.

3. cakmakli says:

My comment above was meant for the Phony in Las Vegas post. I need to stop posting with my phone. I can’t hardly see what I’m posting

4. UtahVet says:

Sad. He could have just been honest and done a lot of good for a lot of people. Instead he is causing nothing but harm. Again, sad.

5. AverageNCO says:

Just because they can’t prove he stole any money from this particular charity, doesn’t mean he isn’t dirty. Doug Sterner has shown over and over, that Stolen Valor is often only one con-game that these frauds play. I would bet this guy has a history of other fraud somewhere.

6. Debbie says:

This guy told soooo many stories. When I knew him, he told me he worked for Halibuton and was injured in Afghanistan. He always had drama around him, always had a story. Told of his stories of him being in the military and being severly injured. I have lots of stories I would share about what he told me. He even said he was hit by a car… had a lawsuit…when I asked to see the judgment he got against those who hit him.. after the police supposidly found them.. they were rich, etc, etc. he took off. He took his clothes and left everything else behind. He always changed his cell phone number when I knew him. Said when he lost his phone… they would never let him use his same number again. Does he think we are sooooo stupid… again, I have lots of stories on this habitual liar.

7. Debbie says:

If anyone knows where this liar is please post. Again, he lived with me in roseville for almost 9 months until I found out too much. He also claims to know Sonny Barger of the Hells Angels in Arizona. He would fake calls from Sonny, almost daily… when I would ask to speak to Sonny he never would let me stating he was difficult to understand.
    He always said he was in the Navy for 25 years but during that time… almways was on assignment with the marines doing covert operations. Many stories of how they did ambushes, etc on the enemies. Again, would fake calls to Haliburton, his employer, supposidly…. he never went to work because he said he was injured by a hit an run driver… again, beware. He even left his dog with me. He is very convincing… not mean at all… quite protective….got to be mentally ill. Who would lie about virtually everything….. when I would ask to see him hom, which he claimed he lived in Elk Grove…. he would always say he left his house keys at home… dont need a house key to drive by ones house. No where in the records does it indicate he lived in Elk Grove. Lehn is the biggest liar. He does have lots of convincing pics on his laptop of equipment and scenes in the war.

8. Jeanie says:

Hi Debbie, I wish you and I could talk. You must have gotten aquainted with Lehn after I did. He tried to live with me but I wouldn’t ever let him move in. He told me alot of things which I knew just couldn’t be true. He dropped a few names at times, and I was able to verify them to be true, and I think he served time in Sacremento in prison. Anyway it would be interesting if you and I could talk…

9. Debbie says:

Hi Jeanie,
    Yes we should talk. Lots of wild stories. My home number is: 916-780-0528. After he moved out, I looked up his jail record in Sacramento. Something I should have done in the beginning.
    Debbie

What a sack of shit.

11. Annette says:

I wouldn’t mind knowing where he is at. It would be great to get 18+ years of back child support. He left when the child was 2 months old and hasn’t been around since. The child’s college would be paid for if I was able to collect.

12. EdUSMCleg says:

Annette, I hope you find this scumbag then.

13. Liz says:

I agree Annette. I have two kids to collect child support on. I sure could use that now. He is a liar, thief, and con-artist BIG TIME….. He should be in jail for a long time!! Warning to everyone….. NEVER trust this guy EVER!!

14. Alex says:

Well he is/was in Dallas TX. He was renting a room in a house where I’m renting too. But he was found out for his lies and he got kicked out. Now he’s claiming to be a 30 year vet, EOD, Seals, working for the DOD. Selling raffle tickets for some Veteran fund raiser in Fort Worth. Lots of lies and BS!

15. Anonymous says:

Alex, do you have any information on where he is selling those raffle tickets? Or where he is in the Fort Worth area? (if he is still there) There are a lot of people trying to find this man, and if you have any information it would be very greatly appreciated.

16. Alex's Roomie says:

Way to go Alex…. Sad we had to go thru this… We are soooo gullable…. As of last night it seems Mr. Lehn is now missing in action. Disappeared on December 23rd, 2013 in Richardson, TX. His friends think something bad happened to him. My guess is he could be picked up by the Marshall’s office from Oregon but that is not confirmed yet. How this man goes by the name of Lehn and Bill at the exact same time between all his friends is beyond me… I did my best to convince the Richardson friends. I sure hope they take my warnings… I even showed printed news links from Oregon regarding Bill Sham. WAKE UP PEOPLE Lehn is sooo convincing and I FOR ONE BELIEVED IT ALL…. I feel soooo stupid now… Just a trusting person.. what can I say… Oh and as for “Anonymous” He sold the tickets in Waco, TX a couple of weeks ago.

17. jeanie says:

Funny how Lehn all of a sudden surfaced at this time, after I just mentioned to someone last week about those raffle tickets he use to sell. He had a lot of “stories” to tell when I knew him and I met someone since who knows a lot of the “same stories” . If he is found I would like to speak to him to inquire how this is possible.

18. jeanie says:

Funny that those raffle tickets have been brought up. I was just mentioning to someone last week about how Lehn sold raffle tickets. He told a lot of “stories” when I knew him. It is interesting that I met some one who knows all of the same “stories” and I would like to talk to Lehn and ask how that is possible.

Sounds like an All Point Logistics fundraiser.

20. anonymous says:

I do not know what an All Points Logistics Fundraiser is. To me it sounds like a liar and a loser, and a person trying to sell bogus raffle tickets just for the money….how sorry to have people like that among us, but unfortunately there is no shortage of them.