IVAW to change name

| March 12, 2012

One of you wonderful people posted this to Facebook. I’m more than sure that it’s satire since it says so at the top of the page, but I consider it a compliment, nonetheless;

Thanks to Paul Szoldra, a Marine veteran who wrote that. I needed a chuckle or two this morning.

Category: Iraq Veterans Against the War

Shit, now I need another cup of coffee and a towel for my monitor…

“We can basically protest anything.” Kinda says it all.

These bozos need to get a life. Preferably one that involves something productive.

3. madconducor says:

That hurts. I’m gonna have to lay down a while. My sides are aching.

For clarity: the “bozos” I was referencing is IVAV, not the satirist.

The best satire is that which is so true it really stings. This IMO qualifies. (smile)

5. Doc Bailey says:

well obviously that stigma isn’t true. Just ask most of the founding members. They never went to Iraq either.

Hey John, maybe you should send them all McDonalds applications and a strong suggestion that now the war is over they should get jobs.

6. Blue Cyclone says:

Love the part about needing “to change our name or get actual jobs”. Anything to prevent actually becoming a productive member of society.
    Thanks for the laugh Jonn, I needed it this morning..

7. AW1 Tim says:

Well,

At least they aren’t pretending to be supporting the country anymore. That whole socialist part throws them into the enemy of the state camp, with all the benefits that will occur as a result. :)

8. PintoNag says:

I did fine until I got to the part about “There’s been this stigma, that if you haven’t been to Iraq…” That’s when I fell down laughing.

9. Beretverde says:

Change their name back to the American Communist Party.

10. Was this from “The Onion?” funny as hell!

11. Country Singer says:

A more appropriate name for them would be “Brotherhood United To Totally Promote Liberalism and Uphold Gasbags” aka BUTTPLUG.

12. Flagwaver says:

So, the WVaoNVAAWWSBBGCT1AFTFOSO are the new name for the old game? Why not just call themselves Occupy Wall Street, since that is what they are?

You can call it whatever you want, but shit, scat, poop, and turds all smell the same.

13. Just Plain Jason says:

That had me going for a minute. I am trying to read this on my phone at the VA, so I need a chuckle.

14. Jack says:

Change name or get a job.

Sure cant do the latter so lets just do the former.

15. Dave Thul says:

Can they shorten it to the ‘Knights Who Say Nee’?

They’ll just change it to, “The Knights Who Say Ecki Ecki Ecki Fa-KANG! Zoomgarwong” or “Until Recently Said Nee”.

17. OldSoldier54 says:

Well. I guess he told you, Jonn. What a bowl full of dingleberries…

18. malclave says:

I, for one, am looking forward to joining this re-imagined IVAW.

What do we want?
    We don’t know!
    When do we want it?
    Now!

19. UpNorth says:

Malclave, I think that’s been their chant from the first day of their existence.

20. Hart Viges says:

Sup Dudes,

Point of Clarification for Doc Bailey. All but one Founding Member of IVAW set foot on Iraqi Soil.
    Founders of IVAW

Michael Hoffman
    Mike was a Lance Corporal in the Marines who served with an Artillery Unit during the invasion of Iraq in March 2003. He currently lives outside of Philadelphia.

Kelly Dougherty
    Kelly Dougherty joined the Colorado Army National Guard as a Medic in 1996. After serving in the Balkans, Kelly served as a Military Police Sergeant in Iraq from February 2003 – February 2004.

Alex Ryabov
    Alex was born in Ukraine and, as a child, moved to NYC with his family where he currently resides. He served as a Corporal with the 1st Marine Division during the U.S. invasion of Iraq from March to May 2003. Alex is Vice Chair of the NYC chapter.

Isaiah Pallos
    Isaiah was a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps and served along side Michael Hoffman and Alex Rybov in the invasion of Iraq. He lives in Ohio with his wife and child.

Diana Morrison
    Diana served in the U.S. Army, Army Reserve, and California National Guard for over ten years. She served in Iraq as a military policewoman.

Tim Goodrich
    Tim’s unit deployed overseas to provide direct combat support for operations in Afghanistan and to participate in a bombing campaign in Iraq leading up to the official invasion in March 2003. After finishing his enlistment, Tim visited Iraq as part of a civilian fact-finding delegation in January of 2004.

Jimmy Massey
    Jimmy was a career Staff Sergeant and Recruiter in the Marine Corps for 11 years, and is a combat veteran of the Iraq War where he served with the 7th Marines during the 2003 invasion of Iraq. His experiences in Iraq led him to oppose the occupation.

Okay, Hart–how many of the current members (not founding) of IVAW have actually, you know, BEEN to Iraq?

And since we’re no longer there, your point is, exactly?

@21. Hart’s point is that, in the beginning, before the IVAW morphed into a magnet for every miscreant, misfit, and malcontent in that “and/or non-veterans against all wars” organization, there were a few actual Veterans there.

23. Hart Viges says:

To ansewer both of y’all not all of our members have been to Iraq. True. They have been to Afghanistan as well.
    Since y’all don’t use your real names I can’t tell if you have current experience at a IVAW event. I would have to bet no current experience with the organization. That would place you in iggnorence. We are all actual Veterans.
    If lies and being an asshole is what you do best then somebody failed in your raising.

@23. That “y’all” affect really has to go. On the other hand, your spelling of ignorance might signal that it is not something within your control. Thanks for playing!

@23.

Stick it, maggot.

IVAW are a bunch of posers and losers.

A pile of shit (like yourself) by any other name is still a pile of shit.

26. Twist says:

” We are all actual Veterans”

I call bullshit.

BoBo writes, “Since y’all don’t use your real names I can’t tell if you have current experience at a IVAW event. I would have to bet no current experience with the organization. That would place you in iggnorence.”

Bwahahahahahah. Be advised, unless you were president of the United States, you can have no valid opinion of that office. Unless you were a senator or representative, or, I guess, were on the staff of one, you likewise can have no valid opinion of Congress. It works for orgs outside of gov’t too. Crazy words come from crazy thinkers. By the way, what is IVAW going to change its name to, the Amalgamated Unicornists of America?

28. Anonymous says:

They’ve all been to Afghanistan? Hmm? For, like, a six day trip to Baskin Robbins? I’m-a-combat-veteran-no-matter-what-anyone-thunks kind of thing? Inside the wire but outside the truth? Hmm? Still living in delusion? LOL reality check.

“That would place you in iggnorence.”

Can’t. Stop. Laughing. Sides. Hurt.

But the next sentence was almost as funny: “We are all actual veterans.”

Thanks, Viges – you just made my day!

30. Nik says:

@27

2/17, since I, in fact, have never burgled a turd, and I’m guessing you haven’t either, we aren’t allowed to form an opinion of that unwashed mass of, actual turd-burglers.

31. Blanka says:

Pillaging poop – an honor and a privilege… Never underestimate the magnificent history and power that turds have had over the land of olfaction, for then ye shall smell foul defeat.

Hart: “But, but, mommy, they all laughed at me. They made fun of me, those bad, bad people at TAH.”

Mom: “And, son, what did you do to make them do that?”

Hart: “Nothing, Mom. Honest. I didn’t.”

Mom: “Here, have some milk and a cookie. And stay away from those bad people, okay?”

Mom: “Okay, Mommy. They’re all iggnorrent anyway.”

Does walking across the floor above some moon rocks displayed in a museum on the floor below count as having “set foot on the moon?”

34. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

1. Michael Hoffman
    2. Kelly Dougherty
    3. Alex Ryabov
    4. Isaiah Pallos
    5. Diana Morrison
    6. Tim Goodrich
    7. Jimmy Massey

What do they all have in common?

All non-career, junior, marginal performers (at best), and quite frankly non-impressive in terms of military accomplishments as compared to their peers.

The Seven Muskatools!

My cat was sound asleep in my lap until I read this farce. Then I laughed loud and hard and she launched herself off my lap.

January has been a rough month. Thanks for posting this piece, JL.

Does taking a day cruise on the Lexington at Pensacola make me part of an attack squadron?

@26. “I think the genius meant to say, “We are all veteran actuaries.”

37. Hart Viges says:

LOL can’t spell , message got through though LOL

38. Hart Viges says:

I post in a lot of places and I can truly say I haven’t felt this kind of love in a long time. 82nd Brothers Forever!! LOL

39. USMCE8Ret says:

This stuff is TRULY hysterical. I love it when older posts are revived and see the new comments.

40. I watch to see the posts about IVAW. I can count on comedy every time. That is about all that the IVAW has to offer, being the joke that the organization is.
    “We are all actual Veterans.” “Veterans” covers a lot of territory. I see that he didn’t precede it with “Combat”.

41. Hart Viges says:

Sup Southern Class. I’m a Combat Veteran and I’m not the only one. We can nit pick on all sorts of stuff to keep this going. I have a side bet with a few friends on which part of my latest stuff to be 1. Nit Picked 2. Name Calling 3. Use your imagination LOL

@41.

Get lost, maggot.

If you were a real combat vet, you would not associate with those turds.

Beat it.

43. rb325th says:

IVAW.. Idiot Veterans who forgot they enlisted for more than college money, and fakes, phonies, as well as assorted moonbats…. about covers it I think.

44. JP says:

Idiots
    Assholes
    Vaginas
    Wackjobs

It really is that simple.

45. JP says:

Oops. I meant:

Idiots
    Vaginas
    Assholes
    Wackjobs.

Fixed..just so you IVAW hippies have one less thing to cry about.

@23–I would have to bet no current experience with the organization.

Yup, and I don’t need to jump into a pile of shit to know it stinks, either.

I wonder if “Snake Eyes” Jordan is within their esteemed ranks…

Could give you a list of those groups with whom I have no current experience. There’s are reasons for it for most of the actual veterans I know – past behavior absent any evidence to indicate a change in behavior is a clue concerning reasonable expectation of future behavior. In addition, the stench of those with whom you associate does rub off so folks just naturally don;t want to have any current experience with you. Well, other than pointing and laughing.

It’s tough for some to grasp, but out here in the real world, that’s still how it works.

@30 & 31 — I have the feeling that this, too, shall pass.

50. Idiotic