White Glove/Iron Mike

| March 23, 2012 | 19 Comments

You know that I’ll use any excuse to mention that I know Eve Chase, but this time, I’m a little hesitant. Here she is starring in the latest offering from our buddies, the Ranger Up guys in a video about the unlikely love that grows between an inspector at the Central Issue Facility and a grunt trying to turn in his issue;

“Coming to a bin by the register at a Kroger’s near you” just about sums it up.

Category: Who knows

1. Old Trooper says:

I liked it, but then again, I’m a freak.

2. H1 says:

And I remember when they just sold T-shirts….

3. BCousins says:

That is not how it happened when I cleared the Fort Bragg CIF in 1985…

4. Old Tanker says:

…never thought turning in my TA50 could be so romantic…

What the hell did I miss?

5. JohnLindley says:

I don’t remember any women under the age of 50 when I turned my TA50 in….maybe I was at the wrong duty station.

6. Right Rev Mr. Wolf says:

Thought all the CIF women were Asian???

7. Just A Grunt says:

Nothing strikes fear into the heart of grunt more then turning TA50. They can’t believe you actually used the stuff. And no, there weren’t any good looking wimmin at any of the dozen of CIF’s I ever visited. Just a bunch old retired guys who seemed to take delight in acting like soup Nazi’s while turning down your coveralls cause they had oil stains on them.

8. Oh my God! What’s the world coming to? Next they’ll have a love story for the supply sgt and the fucking cooks! God I’m so glad I retired before I witnessed something like this in person. I’m going to get PTSDPMS from this video.

9. Peerice says:

Liked the video a lot. Nice distraction from an otherwise busy day at work. Is Eve a professional actress? Couldn’t seem to find any info on GOOFLE.

• Jonn Lilyea says:

Peerice #9; Sorry I didn’t mention it, but Eve is the Executive Director of American Women Veterans, she’s still a Staff Sergeant in the Reserves and an all around nice person. Unless you get on her bad side, like I did the first time we met. But since she left IAVA, we’ve been fine.

10. Stacy0311 says:

Fort Knox used to have a car wash just down the road from CIF. Which is where I had to clean all the TA50 that sat in a duffle bag in my closet for 5 months at OBC. “You’re WP bag is dusty LT” “Well here’s 3 more, pick one that might be clean.”

11. streetsweeper says:

Eh? Jonn? Not meaning to steal yer thunder bro? Why does this remind me of TSO & Caro…..lmao!

12. ROS says:

I laughed, I cried, I did laundry after.

A masterpiece.

13. El Marco says:

CIF pogue: Here’s all your gear.

Me: WTF, this crap is old and looks likes#@!.

CIF pogue: No sweatydah….it’ll look brand new when you turn it in.

And NONE of them looked like THAT.

^%$#@!

14. Mr Wolf, non-Esquire says:

”Starring as… Steele Dickman..”

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?

And what, Pussy Galore was already taken or something? (Sorry Eve)

15. OldSoldier54 says:

Hmmmm. Those boys got WAY too much time on their hands.

16. Army Girl says:

All’s I gotta say is it’s FICTION. :)

I am not an actress… as you can tell by my extremely amateur acting skills here.

I hope you all voted. If we win, $2,500 goes to American Women Veterans and another $2,500 goes to Soldiers Angels.

Thanks for making me laugh, guys! Jonn, ya know I love all you crazy guys as long as I don’t read your blogs!

(hugs)

17. Old Tanker says:

I voted, I laughed, I cried, it changed my life…..but mostly I cried…

;-)