Don Shipley confronts Ike Densmore, phony SEAL

| September 15, 2012 | 107 Comments

It looks like our own Not So Old Marine called this Ike Densmore guy out first on our discussion board last year when Densmore was trying to edit his name into a list of SEALs on Wikipedia. But, our buddy, Don Shipley sends this video of him confronting Densmore over the phone;

Here’s his Facebook page and his very own page at POW Network’s Fake Warriors.

Sites That Link to this Post

1. MCPO #2 says:

A salesman that lies… what are the odds?

Mustang–at least he corrected the “Accomodation” fuckup.

Problem with exposing some of these phony fuckers is all they do is learn from their mistakes and get a bit slicker. Not all of them do, but some.

2 PUC’s? Huh…guess that guy was on the USS Parche as well. NO Navy unit aside from them has received more than one (PARCHE got NINE, count ‘em, NINE PUC’s from 1979-2004.)

3. pipehitter08 says:

“That was special. And, out of curiosity, who are those guys around Mr. Shipley? Please tell me those are actual SEALS… perhaps Team One.”

The guys standing around Don are all students at his course (I’ve been there myself, and it’s VERY well done.)

However, the man behind him to the right is a real SEAL (who recently just retired from the Teams,) and he’s Don’s lead instructor.

4. billr says:

Ike-

You know me. You worked for me 3 years ago. You are a patholgical liar and need help. Get it! Having said that, in no way is your sick mind an excuse for your lies and despicable behavior. You lied to me about your supposed SEAL experience, your supposed education, your supposed medals, your supposed position at Stanford as Professor of Physics, your supposed involvement with “Project Thor”, your supposed work with the CIA, and the list goes on. Pathetic!

I will be any amount of money you like, give you 100 to 1 odds, and bet that you do not have cancer. This particular lie makes me sick. I took care of my father while he battled stage 4 cancer over the past 3 years, lived with me and my family for his last four months, and died having gone thorugh 3 major surgies, countless chemo sessions, and had his cancer spread from his lungs to his adreinal gland, and finally to his brain. By the way, my father actually served in both the US Army and Marines. He was offered a military funeral but denied it because he did not consider himself worthy. He did not want the same treatment as his friends and borther had, all of whom were KIA or seriously wounded in WW2 and in Korea.

You cannot fix this by continuing the lies. You make me sick.

5. 747loadtoad says:

I’m not nor ever was a Seal, but as an Air Force vet and current Federal Officer, I’m glad to see justice. Possible other flaws in case somebody out there still wants to hire this guy. This con-artist claims to have worked at McDonnell-Douglas from 1991-1998 and knows the F-4, F-16, F-18 and Delta III. The F-16 was made by General Dynamics, not McDonnell-Douglas. Also the Delta III was a Boeing design and the first launch was in 1998. If he worked at MD, how did he know about the Delta III during the developing stages? Rival aerospace companies typically don’t get along. The F-4 was made by MD but stopped production in 1991. The F-18 was made by MD. Boeing bought MD in August 1997, and did keep the MD name for a short time afterwards.

6. Dan Noyes says:

#54 billr

Could I please speak with you?

Dan Noyes
    ABC 7 News
    San Francisco

(415) 954-7485 desk
    dan.noyes@abc.com

7. Virtual Insanity says:

Oh, my goodness.

Popcorn! Over here! More popcorn!

There is a God!

9. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

I am going to get a 12 pak.

10. Mustang says:

Looks like Ike has made quite a few changes to his LinkedIn profile. Removed just about all references to the military.

Mustang: not before I saved a copy of the old one he didn’t. And I just sent a copy of his previous LinkedIn profile to Mr. Noyes. (smile)

The Interwebz can be a vengeful bitch if someone gets the screencaps first.

Anyone out there have a line on a full name and DOB for this tool? I’ll be happy to file a FOIA, but “Ike Densmore” probably isn’t enough info for a hit.

FOIA away to NPRC on one “Ike C. Densmore” with suspected service US Navy, approximate age 48, service commencing during or after 1981. Not terribly optimistic I’ll get a “hit”, but you never know until you try . . . .

15. pete k says:

Don Shipley is the absolute epitome of true, faithful and loyal service.

16. One of those on Ike Dumbsmore’s FB friends list replied to my alert to him with:
    “Hello Frankie, I have already unfriended the guy… Turns out, he was lying about a whole lot of other things, probably to a whole bunch of people. When I met him originally he told me that he was a Physics professor at Stanford University (lie) and that he had invented a machine that automatically pulls gold out of rivers…. smile The guy is completely off his rocker.”

Shitbag.

18. Roc C says:

Don keep up the great work, we know your plate is full, and we are working to keep you informed as we come across all posers…

19. dan noyes says:

Thought you might like to see the story I did on Densmore, with Don’s help:

Dan Noyes

Mr. Noyes: thank you, sir. Too often the media unwittingly “aids and abets” such assholes by taking bogus claims at face value and not doing basic fact-checking.

Here, however, you instead very publicly exposed this jerk as the lying ass he is.

Well done.

I agree w/ Hondo.

Great job.

Thank you, Mr. Noyes,

23. Scrappy says:

Thanks Don, keep exposing these clowns. I was never a SEAL, but am thankful for those who are and were, and cannot believe the audacity of some people to take claim of a title they have not earned. It takes a sheer lack of integrity and honesty to be one of these phonies, qualities that most who have served hold dear and live by. Happy hunting!

24. shelly fitzgerald says:

Ike Densmore was just identified as a body found on the beach, check out the article at kymkemp.com.

25. TOOFAR says:

Way to go guys, now he is dead. Too far.

26. Virtual Insanity says:

#78 you really think that this site is the reason a monumental fraud like Densmore is dead? I’d love to hear the logic train there.

27. Seal Fan says:

Can not believe anyone would try to lay his death on the fact that Don Shipley revealed this guy as a fake. Thank God Don does what he does. Can you imagine how many fakes would be out there stealing from the accomplishments of a chosen few???

28. Redacted1775 says:

The comments on the article linked in #77 are utterly retarded. There’s more than one implicating Shipley had something to do with his death, hell the article even suggests it. Guess that’s the going rate these days without waiting for things like an INVESTIGATION, autopsy, facts and/or FORENSIC EVIDENCE. Morons.

29. RandomNCO says:

Wow, that other site is full of huge morons.

RandomNCO, Redacted1775: that site appears to be in Humbolt Co, CA. Did you really expect sanity?

I read the linked blog entry and it’s a study in stupid. The blogger serves up suggestion after suggestion, implication after implication, that Densmore’s death is attributable to the enlightening examination and broadcast of his false claims. And, predictably, some of the blog’s commenters go exactly there. After what was clearly years and years of lying about many things, not just the military claims, was Densmore so overcome by shame that he decided to swan dive from a cliff? Did he have an alcohol or drug problem? Was he facing criminal charges? Was he smothering in debt? How about his relationships? Did he lose a loved one through death or break-up? Was there a history of suicide in his family? The list goes on and on and is limited only by one’s ability to consider the common suicide prompts. But the blogger wonders about none of these things and settles only on a solitary explanation. But that isn’t his only grievous error. If Densmore did commit suicide (and that is not at all certain, at least as yet), why is the responsibility for that act not placed at his feet but, instead, placed on the heads of others? Densmore was a 47 or 48-year-old man who may have made the rational but misguided and unfortunate choice to end his own life rather than confront his shortcomings and defects. That is no one’s fault but his. And to suggest otherwise is pure folly and wholly irresponsible.

32. RandomNCO says:

Hondo, good point.

I read HumBum’s link.

I am teh dumber for it. Oh, the stoopid. It burns.

And NO, nobody here, nor Senior Chief Shipley, is responsible for this man’s death. The only one responsible is the late Ike Densmore. While I am saddened that he felt this was the only option available to him, by no means did anyone suggest, or even think that this man should die as a result of his claims (SEAL or otherwise.)

This is the ultimate example of “play stupid games, win stupid prizes.”

34. Anonymous says:

The blog author at #77 link; http://lostcoastoutpost.com/2013/jan/22/centerville-beach-body-identified-man-outed-preten/ suggests that my telling his Facebook friends about what Densmore was not may be a part of his undoing? I expose and help to expose, I do not pretend to care about how these phony dopes treat themselves.

35. “Anonymous” above was me. Using a new computer that doesn’t have my info on all the sites that I read and comment at.

@88. Frank: When the police arrive at a fugitive’s house to arrest him and he offs himself, it’s the fault of the police. If they didn’t try to arrest him, he wouldn’t have killed himself. Shame on the police. And when another fellow, arrested and convicted of some crime, hangs himself in a jail or prison, it’s the fault of the police, prosecutor, jury or judge, and jailor. Shame on all of them. At least that’s the way that idiot blogger and some of his commenters would view these things–if they were consistent.

37. Seal Fan says:

Hondo;

While I totally understand your point about this blog and Humboldt County I really do want to make one point. While Humboldt does get a lot of bad press for its stoned out liberals, Humboldt County is full of a as a hell of a lot of good, strong ranchers and …just plain good red white and blue Americans. Unfortunately the media and blogs like the one quoted tend to get more publicity than the “real” people. Trust me. You would be fine here.

Also, this Densmore dude was from the San Francisco Bay area…over 5 hours away. No idea how or why he chose Humboldt

38. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

OK … I will take full and complete responsibility for his death. Send all complaints, issues, reasons, rumors, excuses to my new website: kissmyroyalirishass.com

END OF STORY.

BTW … my father, who was a true US Army Korean War Veteran, died of pancratic cancer. Pancratic cancer is in the lower half … he had his full mind till hours before his death.

Yo, MCPO: that domain name seems to be open. Might want to spend a few bucks and register it for future use! (smile)

Do it MCPO! That is money well spent. kissmyroyalirishass.com

I like it a lot!

Densmore “was found on the beach between the cliffs and the water line”.

That does not necessarily mean that he killed himself. It may mean that he was mugged and killed by someone else. It may also mean that he was on the clifftop and slipped and fell. Or he may have been pushed. And frankly, if you’re going to off yourself, falling off a cliff is a rather painful way to go, and does not necessarily mean you will succeed at self-murder.

42. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

President and CEO of: kissmyroyalirishass.com

Trivia question: Who said, “kiss my royal Irish ass”?

Ah, kiss my royal Irish arse.

I think it originally came from James Joyce’s “Ulysses”.

It is also attributed to Firefighter Mike Moran.

44. Veritas Omnia Vincit says:

Toxicology and pathology will likely reveal what happened to Mr. Densmore. Poor life choices often end poorly for those involved in making and living them.

It baffles me that so many men live such empty lives they feel the need to generate such lies, not everyone can be a SEAL any more than not everyone can be a world class athlete. There are reasons these things are limited to a select few. People who do the right thing every day without lying, who pay their taxes, who raise good kids, who work in an honest occupation no matter how trivial it might seem are the folks who make the world go around and who built this nation.

Steel workers, miners, manufacturing line employees made America powerful, not the SEALs, not world class athletes, not any celebrities. There is no shame in being an honest man or woman earning an honest living, too bad our society has lost its understanding of that simple fact. Mr. Densmore could have invested a few hours a week working with injured vets or volunteering in the building of homes for the wounded warriors. He would have been greatly appreciated and respected for those actions…instead he chose a different path that led to his ruination.

45. Blink says:

Irregardless of the man’s shortcomings, karma will bite those that had a hand in his death.

Hey Blink, so you have information that he was murdered? If so, please contact the police ASAP. They will be interested in talking with you. (I was tempted to refer to you as IrBlink but figured you would miss my point. So, I didn’t.)

47. O-4E says:

I think a phony Spetsnaz might be the culprit..based on a phony operation Densmore did in Russia in 1994 that reamains classified and destroyed in the 1973 fire to this day in which he and his phony team took out a phony rogue Russian General and his command post

That is my bet

Guys like this usually have ALOT of enemies.

Big and small.

Master Chief, if you’re going to use that designation

“kissmyroyalirishass.com”

as a domain name, you’d better hurry before some fan of Joyce beats you to it.