Scum steals more than valor

| October 4, 2012 | 18 Comments

The folks at SOFREP have exposed Graham Ware for creating a charity that is supposedly for SEALs called SupportTheSeals.org which is really nothing more than Ware’s personal piggy bank, apparently;

1. Ware claims that Support The Seals is a registered LLC in Arizona. (Source: the SupportTheSeals.org Twitter profile -@NavySEALsOrg)

FALSE. The State of Arizona shows a “pending” LLC application which basically just reserves the name until 1/20/13 (Source: Arizona Corporation Commission). The company itself doesn’t legally exist yet nor did it exist since Ware began his fundraising in 2009, which raises serious tax questions.

2. Ware claimed to be a non-profit organization in June, 2012 on his Facebook page “Navy SEAL Fund.org”.

FALSE. There’s no official business entity registered in Arizona called Navy SEAL Fund let alone one that’s a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation.

There is, however, an authentic 501(c)3 non-profit organization called Navy SEALs Fund which is owned and operated by a decorated retired Navy SEAL to help the families of SEALs who were killed in combat, or who were injured or permanently disabled in combat. Notice the similarity in names? The legitimate organization has an “s” after SEAL while the illegitimate one does not. This is known as typo-squatting or brand-jacking, and it’s a crime.

Apparently this thief has raised tens of thousands of dollars maliciously and, of course, he threatens lawsuits to anyone who confronts him. But you should read the whole thing at SOFREP since i don’t want to hijack his whole post.

Thanks to David for the heads up.

Category: Shitbags

1. 509thBob says:

I just forwarded the SOFREP link to the Fraud Section.

2. Old Tanker says:

What a fucking turd…maybe a few SEALs should pay this guy a visit….

3. GeorgeMT says:

It helps to think that there is a special place in Hell for people like this. I went to his FaceBook page and noticed only one friend of mine had liked it so I quickly sent that friend a link to the SOFREP story. I can’t wait to see how this one plays out.

Felcher.

5. I’m not a SEAL, and I don’t swim very good, but I’d suggest taking this numnuts and drop him off in the ocean– maybe about 500 miles out and see if he can swim back.

6. 15DAZNG says:

I need to give a personal friend of mine a call. I ll give you a hint to who he is, he is the author of Roughneck 9-1 and also is a current sitting Senator for the State of Arizona. I am very curious if Frank Antenori can do anything about this seeing that Frank was SF, spent 20 years doing so, and is very interested in veterans affairs. I ll follow with a SITREP once I speak with him.

Above the Best!

7. 15DAZNG says:

UPDATE: spoke with Sen. Antenori s office today, he has been made aware of the situation and will be calling me as soon as possible. More to follow.

8. I hit the facebook page, where he has a post, upset that the prez is using the SEALs. I left this comment:
    ” How dare the prez use the SEALs for his own gain. That is like someone using them to raise money under false pretenses, isn’t it?”

Second the comment from the other thread that suggests it be legal for SEALs (real ones) to give ball-taps to phonies or people using SEAL name to create a slush fund.

But there do have to be limits. No more than say, 500 ball-taps per poseur. From each legit SEAL.

10. 2-17 AirCav says:

@6. I think I have it. Can I have another hint?

11. Yat Yas 1833 says:

Fellas, I’ve e-mailed Sen. Antenori and my own Sen. Steve Pierce. I copy and pasted the thread to both and asked for their help with whatever they may be able to do. I’ll keep you posted on any response I get.

12. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

I have notified the Navy SEAL Foundation.

13. Nik says:

@9

Yah, but those would be 500 missed shots on this nutless wonder.

Throat punches in lieu of nut shots, then. Fair’s fair.

15. taktikb says:

Sick him.

16. Wingtips 235 says:

CNN flew out and met him and a real SEAL. Apparently there is more to this story than being revealed and in fact this guy is being slandered. Question I have, if he is taking hundreds of thousands of dollars why wouldnt he be in jail? Smells fishy gents. This oldfrog2 has it out for him for whatever reason but its not adding up.

17. Wingtips 235 says:

http://www.navysealsfundfraud.org responding to this. The emails are interesting…

18. usnavyaz says:

Hey, that’s right here in my backyard. I’m going to see what I can do about this. Good looking out fellow brethren!