THEY Ain’t All Jackwagons

| November 18, 2012 | 16 Comments

OWB sent me this. I am so used to THEM not getting “IT” I was surprised. Maybe you will be as well.

Category: Geezer Alert!

1. NosDef says:

Awesome.

2. JF Sucher says:

Holy cow! For so long now, I have seen and heard nothing but negativity. The chances of this guy being allowed to play, and in fact, welcomed to play, have to be minuscule in our current society of “Jackwagons”. Thank God for him AND his neighbors. My day has just gotten better.

JFS
    FaST Surgeon

3. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

ONE WORD:

Inspirational

END OF WORD

4. UpNorth says:

Awesome and Inspirational…

5. 2-17 Air Cav says:

It’s the first time I heard someone say “I would have served BUT…” and I 100% believe him. Funny thing is, he found a way to serve–at age 78. God bless him. Great story. Thanks, OWB.

6. Common Sense says:

Just wonderful!

I also want to give a shout out to the NFL. If you haven’t attended a game in person, you may not know that they do a lot to honor the military (since most of the activities aren’t on TV). In addition to regular activities like Broncos Country Hero and Salute to Service tributes that you see at every game (at least for the Broncos), they do a whole month of Salute to Service with the teams picking a single game for extra honors. Today is that special game for the Broncos, and the game my son gets to attend after he got home last week from tech school. Here’s some of the stuff they do:

We also have the honor of having a Denver Bronco – Ben Garland – who is currently serving with the COANG.

7. Toothless Dawg says:

Couldn’t see it … my screen blurred up

8. SSG Medzyk says:

I hate Taps. Nastiest 24 notes to struggle through in history. Almost every time I hear the National Anthem, I get teary eyed with pride.

But EVERY time I hear Taps, I start to blubber and the rain falls from the eyes. Doesn’t matter where or why it is being played, It just hits me like raw onions.

Wouldn’t change that for the world :)

TAPS is pretty special for a lot of reasons to all of us. My Dad’s funeral was at Christmas a few years ago, so finding and booking either a Barbershop group or some bagpipes became impossible. But, the local high school sent a trumpeter to play TAPS for us. I, of course, was a little beyond making sure that everyone knew to expect it so several among the assembled lost it when the trumpeter began to play from the back of the church.

10. WkAvngr211 says:

OUT F#$KING STANDING! That is one person who definitely gets it. Kudos to him, and also to his neighbors, for appreciating what it is. Made me teary eyed too.

11. Veritas Omnia Vincit says:

Respect and sincerity are abundant in our society. It is so often over shadowed by selfish debauchery and fraud it gets overlooked.

Thanks for a great post reminding us that many Americans, like this man and his neighbors are respectful, decent citizens trying to do the right thing every day.

12. Anonymous says:

I really need to give my house a good cleaning, it’s dusty as hell in here…

VOV Respect and sincerity don’t make spectacular news footage. The media wants riots and vandalism, not a quiet moment in the twilight while someone sounds a bugle.

14. PigmyPuncher says:

Outstanding! Thanks for sharing TAH!

15. Sig says:

Tacoma? Really? My mind is blown.

16. Jabatam says: