Lindsey Stone story on NBC

| November 21, 2012 | 56 Comments

You’re welcome, NBC. Steal my content anytime.

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Category: Shitbags

1. USMCE8Ret12 says:

NBC reported it first? That surprises me. As I’ve seen folks comment on this blog before: “Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.” I wouldn’t want to be Ms. Stone about right now.

2. USMCE8Ret12 says:

… and here’s the link from YOUTUBE from the local news reporting agency:

Never gonna die.

4. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

Oh … the Tradgety (?) … the Humanity …

Can we get a spell checker on this Blog please?

5. RM3(SS) says:

Tragedy. Anything else I can do for you while I’m up Master Chief?

6. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

Thanks RM3! Cadolic Skool spelling … 12 years!

7. Nik says:

@7

Better than Pubic Skoolin’.

8. Flagwaver says:

#7 MCPO, it’s not all Catholics… only the non Jesuit schools. :)

You’d think the nuns would have beaten his knuckles bloody for all the atrocious spelling, but I’m sure they had plenty of other reasons to do that first, right Master Chief?

Wow, little Lindsey must be thinking of the words of Fred Thompson:

“This business will get out of control! It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it!”

10. malclave says:

@6

Would have been funnier if you’d called him Master Chef…

11. Kilo says:

Firefox and Google Crome Master Chief! Automatic spell check.

12. Nik says:

@12

LOL. Funny you should say that and Chrome is misspelled.

13. malclave says:

@12

Crome?

malclave:

What is Crome?
    Simply put, Crome is an OBD1 Honda ROM Editor which lets you edit and add extra features to your stock ECU. This gives the ability for one to run a Honda B/D/H series engine with forced induction systems (ie. turbo, supercharger) or individual throttle bodies. Find out more by continuing to the product information page.

Not sure that’s what Kilo was referring to, though. (smile)

Is that anything like Crome’s Disease, where the patient keeps shitting little metal flakes?

16. Twist says:

Here you go.

17. RM3(SS) says:

That’s what I’m learning to love about this site. we start discussing one thing, and drift off course into something else entirely. Helm, mind your heading!

NHSparky: possibly – especially if they ate a really spicy plate of curry or Tex-Mex first. Then you’d arguably have Burning Crome. (smile)

Gibson’s Burning Chrome is a great story if you’ve never read it, by the way; 30 years old this year and eerily prophetic. It’s available from multiple locations free in text or PDF formats.

Was that the one in OMNI? I might still have it.

20. Stu says:

@18, ADHD, TBI runs rampant around he….oohh look a chicken!

21. Nik says:

@19

I’m a huge fan of Gibson, Mona Lisa Overdrive, Neuromancer, Virtual Light…all good stuff. Sterling is very good too. Then, of course, is the current Magnus Opum of cyberpunk, Snow Crash. Best pizza delivery scene ever. Been meaning to read Cryptonomicon, but haven’t gotten around to it.

NHSparky: yep. July 1982.

That story marks the first use of the term “cyberspace” as well as originates the phrase “the street finds its own uses for things”.

One day I’m gonna have to get around to reading Gibson’s Sprawl trilogy.

Robert Heinlein:
    Have Spacesuit – Will Travel
    Rolling Stones
    Door Into Summer
    Red Planet
    Glory Road

Anything by Patricia McKillip

Lord Dunsany’s short stories

Guy de Maupassant’s short stories

Katherine Kerr’s entire Westlands novels

Henry Bestons’ “The Outermost House”, among his other naturalist books

24. Nik says:

@25

If all that is true, it’s clear she doesn’t care about how she impacts other people. I took a quick glance at that page. Very self-serving of her to put up a “Hire Lindsey Stone” page and much as I suspected…she doesn’t think she did anything wrong. Her apology is a lie.

Here’s a little quote from her “hire lindsey stone” facebook page:

‘Well this has been fun guys, but all this hate and bitterness and anger is making me sleepy. You guys will have to drip-feed your vengeance into each other for a while. But I’ll be up bright and breezy in the AM to see how much anger can be posted onto a single FB page! Don’t disappoint me now!!’

Obviously, she’s enjoying the attention she’s getting, or she would not continue this crass behavior.

26. Twist says:

@29, That is the one. It is the 3rd or 4th one in the UK story I linked also.

27. 2-17 Air Cav says:

@22. Here’s how I read what you wrote: “I’m a huge fan of Who? what? Who? Who? What?…all good stuff. Who? is very good too. Then, of course, is the current Magnus Opum of what?, who? Best pizza delivery scene ever. Been meaning to read What?, but haven’t gotten around to it.”

Well, I like pizza.

28. Nik says:

@31

LOL. If you’re into Science Fiction at all, run-don’t walk-to your nearest bookstore and ask for “Snow Crash by Neil Stephenson”.

29. Twist says:

Don’t forget old reliable “Starship Troopers”. The book not the movie whos only redeaming quality is the shower scene.

30. kp32 says:

IVAW will probably recruit her, touting her as the misunderstood younger sister of the unknown soldier.

31. Support Lindsey says:

You all are pathetic. Yes, she did something stupid, but let it go. People do stupid things all the time but you dont see it getting on the news, and people starting hate pages on facebook.
    She was simply being the exact opposite of a sign. Its like when people pose next to statues or signs like this:

or this

let it go. its not that big a deal

32. Nik says:

Sorry SL. If you don’t see the difference between Ronald McDonald and Arlington Cemetery, you’re simply not worth talking to.

Goodbye.

#35.

Hey then, dumbass,

Tell your childish, entitled friend to not post garbage on Facebook.

Children you are.

How about you and Lindsey go join one of the services.

Immature kids.

34. Support Lindsey says:

Shes not my friend, I just can tell the difference between someone being malicious and someone being stupid. She was stupid, thats all. Dont ruin her life because she made a stupid decision. Its like you all are mad about your dtupid decisions in life, like joining the military

@38.

Joining the military was stupid?

Wow.

And what did you do exactly?

We gave something.

You appear to justify yourself on the moral high ground. Exactly what have you given?

Now think before you respond, child.

36. Jorge says:

She and her accomplice are fired. Good.

Better, yet. I have a suggestion…

Why don’t Lindsey and her “partner” volunteer at the Caisson and shovel shit, wash the horses, talk to them (at Parade Rest, because they outrank her) and then….

Take 10-12 sections for and on “Flags In” and Flags Out”. Just the two of them. No gloves, no coin assistance.

Discipline by virtue of pain and humiliation works wonders. (and this approach is light)

She strikes me as a Theory Y sort of child; maybe she should learn Theory X.

Shout to you, Ex-PH2.

38. RunPatRun says:

How long do we get to support her on unemployment benefits, looks like 99 weeks?

39. Mr. Blue says:

#38- People ruin their lives with stupid decisions all the time. Would you be just as quick to defend a man sexually harassing a female coworker? Would Lindsey be as worthy of your defense had she, “in jest”, been caught mocking the residence of LIFE by calling them “retards”? Would the internet counterattack from that be as disturbing to you?

Probably not, as neither the military, or those who died are Politically Correct.

Again SL, you being of the sub room temperature IQ crowd I will put it to you as simply as I can:

“Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.”

Now back to the fryolator hon.

41. “You’re terminated, fucker.” They both have been fired.

42. Sexual Harrasment Panda says:

“I don’t always talk to Lindsey Stone, But when I do I ask for supersize fries with my combo”

43. Yat Yas 1833 says:

@ 38-SL. With your last sentence you just proved yourself. There’s a saying popular with the troops, “All gave some, some gave all”. What have you given? Those of us that have served have earned things you can’t begin to fathom. Pride, honor, commitment. Sit down little girl, adults are talking here.

I’m having difficulty understanding the idea that if you do something incredibly stupid and get yourself in trouble over it, it’s somebody else’s fault.

45. Yat Yas 1833 says:

ex-PH2, it’s the parents. We were raised by old school Mexican parents that didn’t play games. Dad, a truck driver, used to tell us when we were out, “You embarrass me and I’ll embarrass you”. Mom, a custodian, would say, “Wait ’til we get home”. It was a different time, if one of your friend’s mom saw you doing something wrong not only would she let you have it but then she’d call mom to tell her what you were doing. Then you got it again when you got home and when dad got home you got it AGAIN!?! You didn’t do too much stupid stuff. Dad was “Sir” and mom was “Ma’am”. A different time.

My kids were shocked when their Anglo friends got in trouble, they were sent to their room. My kids got their buts busted! Now-a-days, when kids get in trouble, they get a “time-out”!? My grandkids get in trouble and they get a swat on the bottom.