Karzai: US & NATO cause Afghan non-security

| December 6, 2012 | 10 Comments

Jerry920 sends us a link to another NBC News article in which Afghan president Hamid Karzai blames the US and NATO for AFghan’s security problems;

…Karzai sharply criticized the United States in an exclusive interview with NBC News on Thursday, blaming American and NATO forces for some of the growing insecurity in his country.

“Part of the insecurity is coming to us from the structures that NATO and America created in Afghanistan,” Karzai said during a one-on-one interview at the presidential palace. However, he also acknowledged that much of the country’s violence was caused by insurgent groups.

The Taliban are regaining land and power lost after they were toppled by U.S.-backed forces in 2001.

Yeah, well, you know we can fix that for you, Ham. How insecure are you going to be when the last troop is on the last thing smokin’ out of Afghanistan?

Karzai…also told NBC News that he had sent a letter to President Barack Obama saying that Afghanistan would not sign any new security agreements with the United States until hundreds of prisoners held in U.S. custody were transferred to Afghan authorities.

That sounds like a good plan, Ham. You stick with that. Of course, the fact that the Afghan prison system has been responsible for the release of hundreds of terrorists who kill otherwise innocent Afghans in droves isn’t really relevant here, I suppose.

Bye, asshole ingrate.

Category: Terror War

Oh, Karzai is blaming us for his problems?

Fine by me.

When are we going to just pull the frak out? When? Pick your answer:

A – Never

B – When hell freezes over

C – When oil wells in the Middle East run dry

D – All of the above

2. Flagwaver says:

He thinks we caused the problem? If not for us, old Hammy would still be a wanted man living in Northern Ashcanistan trying not to get killed while fighting the government there…

Can anyone give me an honest explanation as to why this assclown is still drawing breath?

4. Devtun says:

He’s a dirty politician and doing what a dirty pol does…play both sides of the fence. Doesn’t want to give the impression that he’s aligned to closely to the infidel NATO coalition, yet he needs them for his own safety and personal financial well being. Army MG Pete Fuller a few years ago lambasted Karzai as a corrupt double dealing egomaniac and got fired for that unwelcome opinion…yep, Hamid is a turd, but both the Bush/Obama Admin were/are content to ride it out with him…for better or worse – probably the latter.

NHSparky: “because the alternatives suck worse” is what comes to mind for me.

6. LZ says:

I’ve gotta disagree with you here Hondo. I don’t know who the alternatives would be, but I’d be willing to go through a few resumes at this point if I was NATO.

LZ: the names currently topping the replacement list are Mullah Omar and Heyktmayar Gulbuddin, along with the leaders of a few groups allied with them. Plus there’s Ismail Khan, who I understand has gotten real chummy with the folks running Iran.

I think I’ll stand by my statement above.

8. rb325th says:

Riddle me this, what the F are we even accomplishing there at this point? Screw Kharzai and whatever other corrupt politician/warlord will take his place. What is there to be gained now by remaining there? What exactly is the strategy? What is its goals? Why are we still there fighting, losing more of our men and woman than we had the first 7 years of fighting?
    My nephew is scheduled to deploy in May to that shithole. I have been asking the questions longer than I knew about him going, but now… I know someone who lost their son to that meat grinder. I get the PGR notifications, I read the DoD notices.
    This bull shit has to end! 4 years of Obama as CiC and what is there to show for it? A “planned withdrawal”?!?! What a load of horse shit! every life lost, every damaged mind and body is for nothing more than Obamas War to win… wasn’t thatwhat they said they would do? This is winning??

Basically, rb. We should have told Karzai 10 years ago that if he didn’t play ball with us, he’d get the bat shoved up his ass. But that wasn’t PC.

Frankly, he needs to be told that. So does Pakistan.

10. rb325th says:

True that, but the current CiC hasn’t the balls to do it