Up to no good

| December 12, 2012 | 54 Comments

Up to no good
So I’m going to the range this afternoon. I’m dressed in Multicam (in CONUS, Sergeant Major), I have my scary-looking assault rifles, one of which I modified to add a pistol grip and flash suppressor during the Clinton-era assault weapon ban, the other I bought at a gun show. All of my ammunition was bought on the internet and it’s high capacity ammunition, too, just like the magazines (that’s “clips” for you media guys). I have a Glock with a 27-round magazine with me, too. And I’m not wearing a PT belt or Eye-Pro. I plan on shooting targets that are the silhouette of people.

So, are there any anti-gun nuts or Sergeant Majors I haven’t pissed off? Just want to cover all of my bases.

Category: Guns

1. pete says:

give em time,,,they will be! lol

2. MAJMike says:

Works for me. Sounds like a good time will be had by all.

3. Lonnie says:

Hopefully you are not impersonating a CSM, because that would make you a candidate for an article on this web page.

4. JP says:

Are you driving to the range, Jonn? If so, be careful. Cars kill many people every year. Those people would still be alive if cars were illegal!

5. Jonn Lilyea says:

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I’m driving my gas-guzzling 4×4 Silverado that’ll flatten a Prius – that’s a whole new group that I can piss off. Thanks, JP.

6. 3-1 Cav Scout says:

Will you put your hands in your pockets as well? I’m on the verge of busting a nut.

7. Jonn Lilyea says:

3-1 Cav Scout, I wasn’t going to, but if you guys insist, I will. I’ll roll my sleeves up, too.

8. teddy996 says:

Pistol grip and flash suppressor? That’s practically a bazooka. Which is one step away from being an AK-47, the scariest and most illegalest deadly machine gun on the planet. But the glock? Is that a glock like Dirty Harry had?

9. Well, if you don’t have your own range you just have to make do, I guess.

BTW, my newest acquisition is a little Ruger LCP.

10. H1 says:

Roll them like the USMC.
    I never mastered the Z fold method.

11. PFM says:

Well, you’re gonna need to submit an up-to-date Risk Assessment, and rolling those sleeves up defeats the flame resistant properties of the uniform LOL!

12. Chip@NASA says:

Multicams better be heavy starched!!!!!

13. COB6 says:

I’m afraid we’re going to have to shut this operation down. The S3 NCOIC does not have a range request for this DTG. The ammo NCO did not submit the required DA Form 2110 for acquisition of small arms ammo in Q1FY13. The Safety DA Civ does not have a risk assessment signed by an O5. Furthermore that Silverado is clearly on the Bn DA Form 2407 report and can not leave the motorpool without an O6 waiver or approval for cannibalization.

And lastly, as you well know, all livefire training has been suspended until all personnel have complete required Cultural Sensitivity Training!

14. RM3(SS) says:

Is that all you’re taking with you? Not planning on doing much shooting I guess. :)

15. RickDeckard says:

Be sure to wear cover with a bill that you specifically folded to work better @ keeping the sun out of your eyes, but in doing have committed a dereliction of duty.

16. Quincy P says:

do you have neighbors? those weapons aren’t pointed in safe directions, troop.

17. pete says:

i’ll bet you have another truck to transport your ammo!

18. CBSenior says:

Hey your letting all the anti(s) in on the secrets. They always knew that you did not need those weapons to hunt. They know there is no way that shooting paper targets is any fun, you are just practicing to kill people.

19. Dang! Not one commenter has noted the size of the firearms? That hand cannon on the upper left is telling according to some.

20. CBSenior says:

@13 He also does not have an approved Power Point scheme of manuever, and proper documentation of on-line course completion of weapon safety.

I’ll take that one, and that one, and that one…!

22. SJ says:

No bayonet(s)?

23. Nik says:

That’s not a gun case. That’s a bag full of multi-calibered love right there.

24. Virtual Insanity says:

Ahhhh. Gunpowder Therapy. Nice.

25. Jonn Lilyea says:

Well, I spent so much time being as F-ed up as I wanted to be, I pissed away the day. So, I guess I’ll have to go to the range in the morning. I have an LCP (sorry-LCR), too, Zero, and TSO’s brother helped me get some .357 ammo (it’s hard to find around here), so it’s going in the morning, too. The big handgun is a .44 Mag Ruger Super Blackhawk with a red dot scope.

For the record, CBSenior, all of my firearms are for killing people. But only the people who are asking for it.

26. Jerry says:

“Shiny, Let’s be bad guys.”

27. Gallagher Fan says:

Jonn, why are you wearing Multicam to the range? Aren’t you little old to be playing Army Dress-up?

28. 15Tango20F says:

Was talking about the NFL shooting/Bob Costas/gun control thing last week over beers at the “think tank” ie: the bar. A buddy declares that in the US today, no one needs a high capacity magazine and they should be illegal.

Now this dude has never been in the military, never hunted, has never handled a firearm and considers himself an enlightened progressive. Despite that he is a huge gear-head and loves his gas guzzling high-speed muscle cars. I figure there’s hope for him yet, just have to make the counterpoint in a language he will understand.

I let him finish then presented …(the old speed limit argument)

You’re big into cars right? Modifying, racing etc. Well then lets talk about speed limits. The government at the state and local level write, pass into law and enforce the rules of the road. The highway is the road which has the maximum speed limit at which you can travel. For this argument we will say that the national average for highway travel is 75 mph. That means that 75 mph is the maximum speed you can legally travel anywhere, anytime, nation wide. Now by that reasoning, there is no reason why any vehicle should be able to faster than 75 mph and vehicles that are capable of speeds in excess of 75 mph should be illegal.

The little light of understanding turned on in my buddy’s eyes. He may not agree with high capacity magazines but at least now he gets it.

29. Jonn Lilyea says:

GF-Y, go talk to your Airsoft buddies about dress up and playing Army.

30. CBSenior says:

John we know that but it is a crime to say that out loud. (Hate Speech) Hollywood has it right, us Vetrans are looze cannons just waiting to take out a bus full of innocent Occupiers. DHS now has YOU on the watch list buddy.

31. SSG David Medzyk says:

…………. no PT belt?

32. Scouts Out says:

PT belts are the reason I didn’t re-up.

33. riflemusket says:

Nice collection of arms there. Is the hand howitzer a. Freedom Arms 454 Casull?

34. Jonn Lilyea says:

Nope, a Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 MAG. 10.5″ barrel.

35. Gallagher Fan says:

Just because you’re playing Army Dress-up with real guns doesn’t make it any less pathetic than the morons who shoot plastic pellets at each other.

36. 2-17 Air Cav says:

@35. It is kind of odd, especially in West Virginia. I usually wear a tux when I go out to put holes in things. Now and then, just a pair of gray slacks and a blue blazer. Camo is so weird.

37. Jonn Lilyea says:

Yeah, I’m the only one wearing camouflage every time I go to the range here. *eyeroll*

38. riflemusket58 says:

Now you need to add a nice 1911A1 and M1 Garand to your collection and your set

39. Jonn Lilyea says:

I have a 1911 (doesn’t everyone?) and I’m thinking about getting a Remington Model 700 LTR in .338 Lapua Mag. The zombies ain’t gonna shoot themselves.

40. riflemusket58 says:

I have two 1911′s, a Smith and Wesson and a Colt. If you like big bores, How about an Shiloh Sharps Rifle in 45-70 or 45-90? I’ve been eyeing one of those for a long time.. Anyway have a good time at the range.

41. Does that 4X4 Prius smashing Silverado have one of those “Fully Automatic” Transmissions? Full on killing machine there, Dude. I just don’t know why they haven’t banned the Fully Automatic Transmission vehicles.
    And, do you have some of that heat-seeking incendiary ammo?
    Looking at that portable weapons locker, and reading where some dude in Lansing Michigan said yesterday that People are gonna die now over RTW, makes one wonder if there is a correlation there, but then I remembered that the blog administrator is a racist bastard that voted against O’Bumbler. Good to go.

42. Scubasteve says:

Throw in a knife with a 3″ or longer blade and they’ll lock you up for life in some states.
    Love the Ruger Super ‘hawk. When she speaks, people listen.

43. streetsweeper says:

Frankie, that dude in Lansing also said (its on the video tape of him saying somebody had a gun on them) “I’ve killed lots of m’fers with guns”. But, I suspect he was running off at mouth cause of his 1st Amendment right to do so…

44. Setnaffa says:

John L., did you remember to mention you were going to eat red meat and sing “Rally ‘Round The Flag” or “Marchin’ Through Georgia” while shooting? The PC crowd on the Left seem to hate stuff like that…

45. hogdogs says:

There are just too many PC issues on the stove right now for my ADHD brain to focus on them all fairly… So I opt to “SHOTGUN” the whole concept… Sort’a like the ol’ “Nuke The Gay Whales” T-shirt of the early ’80s…

I cannot fathom my miserable life in the peninsula of Florida “Little New England”…

Here in the TRUE Southern Florida area (the panhandle) my Mossberg, when in Snake Charmer mode wears a PGO (pistol grip only) with a belly full of bird shot and rides on the dash once I am out of the city limits… I wonder how many who walked by my truck with windows rolled down in front of the convenience were appalled??? Or Considered boosting it??? Or thought they ought to inform me of the errors of my carry method???
    Brent aka:hogdogs

46. MCPO BREAKING NEWS says:

BREAKING NEWS:

Local Veteran Caught with Guns

A veteran was caught going to the range this afternoon. Dressed in Multicam the Sergeant Major said, “I have my scary-looking assault rifles, one of which I modified to add a pistol grip and flash suppressor during the Clinton-era assault weapon ban, the other I bought at a gun show”.

Apprarently, all of my ammunition has been bought legally on the internet and it’s high capacity ammunition, too, just like the magazines.

In addition, he was caught with a Glock with a 27-round magazine. Although the veteran was not caught with body armor or any protective equipment he was heard sarcastically as saying, “and I’m not wearing a PT belt or Eye-Pro”. The veteran was quoted as saying, “I plan on shooting targets that are the silhouette of people”.

In addtion, the veteran quipped, “So, are there any anti-gun nuts or Sergeant Majors I haven’t pissed off? Just want to cover all of my bases”.

FILM AT 11:00 PM

I just want to say that it’s very considerate of you to give your guns their own car seat and blankie.

Oh, and GF-Y? Unlike Airsoft, there’s an actual point to practicing with REAL weapons.

Ya see, when some tweeker breaks into my house at 2 am one dark and stormy, I don’t care how menacing that little Airsoft POS looks, those little plastic pellets ain’t putting him down.

However, a double-tap of 185-grain P+, center mass, and all you gotta do is call for the meatwagon (for them) and start mopping up the mess.

49. Scouts Out says:

GFY is a dick, but he got me thinking about the Multicam. A salty old bastard like Jonn belongs in a pair of old ass BDUs or maybe even Chocolate Chips. Anything else just doesn’t seem right.

50. ArmyJ says:

Looks like a bag of AK-47′s to me.