Eagle tries to snatch child

| December 19, 2012 | 179 Comments

Obviously, we need some sort of government legislation that would prevent these raptors from trying to steal our children;

Category: Who knows

Sites That Link to this Post

1. If All You See… » Pirate's Cove | December 19, 2012
  1. Robert says:

Happened in Canada. Probably can’t be too careful, though. For the Children!!!!11!11

2. 2-17 Air Cav says:

“Oh, look at the pretty eagle. Oh how grand. Oh how majestic. Oh shit!”

3. rb325th says:

I say all Golden Eagles should be rounded up immediately! it’s for the children dammit!! Evil looking clowns and mall Santas as well, just how many children have been traumatized for life by them as well!

4. Scubasteve says:

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

Seriously though, I’m not sure what I’d have done in that situation. The eagle was pretty swift, and if it wasn’t for the kid’s weight (I’m assuming it was heavier than the eagle expected), what could you really do? Weapons aren’t advised or even realistic in this situation. You can’t jump or climb a tree in time, even if it roosted nearby. The thing would be miles away before you got out of the park.
    Crazy.

Ah! The zombie apocalypse has arrived!!! This is why you keep your children on a leash.

And now we have proof positive that the giant birds that tried to run off with a boy down in Texas or Missouri or wherever it was were not the product of an overactive imagination.

Really must put more sheep on picnic grounds and golf courses. Oh, wait — they’re already there. They are called liberals.

6. NSOM says:

That evil little resource consumer had it coming for intruding on the eagle’s natural habitat.

Kid’ll have a hell of a story to tell, and the parents will have a foolproof way of controlling him…”You eat your dinner right now, or else the eagles will come back and carry your skinny ass away!”

8. YAG YAS says:

Good job getting rooked by an obviously fake video, moron.

Well, since golden eagles have an enormouse wingspread and are quite capable of lifting six-month old lambs, which weigh about the same as a small child, how is it faked? Huh?

You want to go over that again, clownboy?

One of them came after my German Shepherd when I was out hiking with her up in Wisconsin 30 years ago. Almost got her, too.

So how was that video faked, again?

Yes jagoff, because NO animal has EVER tried to drag a baby off.

Dipshit.

11. YAG YAS says:

Keep jabbering away, you gullible dumbasses. We’ll see who’s right. It won’t be you.

Got proof of your claims, GAG YAS?

Thought not.

And yes – the use of “GAG” was deliberate – tool.

Oh, GAG YAS – in case you’re thinking about trying the “eagles never attack humans, and can’t do any damage” canard:

Sheesh. Took all of about 2 min to find that, plus several other cases of eagles attacking humans.

Once again – you have proven yourself a fool. No surprise there.

14. Hack Stone says:

I think the kids father is the Hamburglar. He sure dresses the part.

15. YAG YAS says:

Keep talking, stupid. I don’t know if you’ve ever eaten eagle, but I can tell you that you’ll be eating crow pretty soon.

We have coyotes in my area that are larger than German Shepherds.
    They sometimes get hit by cars and are left by the roadside for the waste management people to pick up. They are healthy, fit and well-fed.

They will kill and eat anything, including pets of any size and small children. The newspaper frequently reports close encounters with coyotes by residents and there is more than enough footage of the collared coyotes that the Chicago Streets and Sanitation department imported into the city to control rats.

They are also large, healthy, fit and well-fed.

Parents and pet owners are advised to keep an eye out when they are outside, because the coyotes in Lake, Will, DuPage, McHenry and Cook counties are not afraid of people, because they aren’t hunted around here, even though they should be.

So now when I go out hiking, I take along a one-foot inch-marked black and white ruler, which is a standard measure, plus plastic bags for collecting hair and scats, as well as my camera and some pepper spray and a big stick. \

There are recorded images or cougars on trails in McHenry county, Jo Daviess county, and then there was that cougar in Chicago that was shot in an alley by a bunch of scaredy-cops two years ago. Big healty male cougar, too. A couple of years before that, someone spotted a pair of cougars in his back yard looking for food, up near Zion.

See, when food resources become scarce in one place, the wildlife — especially predators — moves to another place where there is less competition and more food. Geese, for example, love to park their feathery butts on golf courses and chase off golfers. Ditto, redwing blackbirds. They will attack anyone coming near their nests.

So the sight of a golden eagle trying to snatch a free meal on a picnic ground — nothing new there. Obviously, the bird was hungry.

The beak of an adult golden eagle can break bone, as can its talons. That baby would have made nice, big lunch, especially since the bird was bigger than the kid.

17. Scubasteve says:

Rooked? You ain’t from around here are ya?

18. Nik says:

@12

Why go with GAG YAS? His name backwards is Say Gay.

19. YAG YAS says:

You’re not a deep thinker, are you Steve?

Oh, Gag USall, please post your picture so that I can print out.

Crows have incredible memories. I want to take your picture with me so that I can show it to any crows that I encounter — lots of them around here — and tell them that you want people to eat crows and that you’re not a nice person.

That way, not only will they remember you and your face, they will pass it on to their offspring and all the crows in the US will start looking for you.

You think ‘The Birds’ was just a movie? I’d keep an eye on those staging areas, where crows stage in large numbers — by the thousands. They never forget a face.

Hmmm. Looks like GAG YAS is coming to us from Scottsdale. Alex Popovich was from Scottsdale. And Todd Hamilton is nearby in Chandler. Maybe they know the Gagger here.

Or maybe this is just another persona belonging to one of those two. Wouldn’t surprise me.

Again, GAG YAS: put up or shut up. If you have proof the video above is fake, provide it. Otherwise, you’d be best advised to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool vice continuing to open it and repeatedly proving same.

And I’ll pass on crow, thanks. Have you ever seen what crows actually eat? I’ll pass.

22. Scubasteve says:

Deep enough for my pleasure, YAGger. You’re not much for answering the other questions though, are you?

23. USMCE8Ret says:

“Say Gay”…

That’s funny.

24. CUnextTuesday says:

Look in the slow motion section. there is a shadow for the eagle, but not the little boy.

Obviously faked

25. CAs6 says:

We should make stuff like this ill-eagle.

26. CUnextTuesday says:

I think……

27. YAG YAS says:

It’s a shame they didn’t dress the golden eagle in a miniature pair of Class As with a nice ribbon rack, CIB, and Fourragère. At least then maybe you’d be a little more skeptical. Oh who am I kidding? You morons would just put in a FOIA request on the eagle, call him a valor thief, and continue buying the rest of the story.

28. CUnextTuesday says:

OMG, we need to BAN birds before they attempt to kill another person!!!!

@24 – I took your little challenge and stopped at the frame where the eagle hits the kid. There is definitely a shadow for the kid, however small.

Just because Junior’s shadow isn’t as large as Mommy’s (in the stripes) or the eagle’s shadows, it doesn’t mean there is no shadow.

See, PH stands for Photographer’s Mate. PH2 is an E-5 rating/rank. 6 years in the Navy. Photo “A” school in 1967 which included still photo and MOPIC classes, 18 months professional training and working experience before I went into the Navy, 15 years as a pro photographer afterwards, still doing the same stuff 38 years after I left the Navy. Most recent images, handheld shots of the early morning moon conjunct Venus around 7AM CST.

My working experience in the Navy included printing still photographs, monitoring color chemistry and cutting film in the MOPIC division at the Naval Photographic Center, among other things.

Got that part? I think I do know my butt from a hole in the ground about photography.

There is a small but distinct shadow just behind the sitting child.

GAG YAS: and don’t bother to bring up the Global Montreal article about this. That only says the video might be a well-executed fake. It offers no conclusive proof one way or another.

Whether this video turns out ultimately to be true or a clever hoax, it’s eminently plausible. While not particularly common, eagles do attack humans with some regularity:

There has been at least one documented occurrence of an eagle attacking and carrying off a bear cub:

And there is scientific evidence that eagles hunted human ancestors. It’s also known that African crowned eagles occasionally attack and/or kill human children.

Now, GAG YAS – do us all a favor and STFU.

31. YAG YAS says:

Hondo, are you still upset over Balloon Boy, is that what this is about?

OK, now we’re down to the lame-ass twitting and sleeve yanking for attention.

Yeah, that’s really a rebuttal when you’re repeatedly proven wrong.

No, GAG YAS. I just don’t particularly like ignorant jerks. You’re acting like exactly that, so I thought I’d respond using the only form of communications you apparently know: insult and invective.

If you want to have a rational discussion, try acting like an adult vice an angry spoiled child using his mommie’s computer to go online without supervision.

GAG US, aren’t there big-piece jigsaw puzzles that need your attention, boy?

35. YAG YAS says:

A rational discussion about what? That animals sometimes attack humans? Where did I claim otherwise? You’re the retard going out of his way to post links refuting a claim I never made. Hey Hondo go on youtube and look up Shark Attack 3: Megalodon. Somewhere you’ll find a video of a man riding straight into a gigantic shark’s mouth on a jetski. Don’t worry though, it’s not real, even though we both know that people sometimes ride jetskis, and that people are sometimes attacked by sharks. In other news, Jaws and its sequels (especially Jaws-3D) were all fake too. Sorry if I’ve just pulled the tablecloth outvfrom under everything you thought real.

A rational argument bout anything, Gag-inducing one. We don’t engage in rational discourse with someone who’s acting like a an asshole and a jerk. You’re still doing that. And you don’t appear to realize that you’re doing so.

By the way – that’s not even a good example of a strawman argument, “fella”. It’s pretty pathetic, and gets you a big NO-GO. Try again.

And if that’s your best effort – you have my sympathy. You really are a fool.

Ex-PH2: I think those are beyond his capability. But maybe he has a coloring book or two. Perhaps his sitter won’t scold him when he colors outside the lines.

38. Country Singer says:

“Have you ever seen what crows actually eat?”

Bite your tongue!

Signed- A member of the Association of Old Crows.

Country Singer: I said “crows” – not “Old Crows”. (smile)

40. melle1228 says:

@ EX-pH2– Just wanted to say– I grew up in Elgin, IL :)

41. YAG YAS says:

Look in the mirror Hondo. I’m not the guy that just bought an internet hoax video hook, line, and sinker and then turned around and started writing lengthy posts and linking articles in response to a line of argument that wasn’t even being forward.

Hondo, should I post one of my special effects slides that I shot in the course of working at my first job in Chicago?

5 years of special effects. I can point on the seams in Star Wars IV, every one of them. I can tell you exactly, to the frame, where each one starts in all the SW movies, and how they’re done. I can also tell you which sharks in “Jaws” are the real sharks and which one is Bruce the Mechanical Shark, now residing at Universal Studios. I can also tell you how the got the shot Gregory Peck as Ahab tangled in the ropes on the back of Moby Dick in the 1956 movie “Moby Dick” and how many makeup changes Lon Chaney went through in his version of “The Wolfman”. I can also relay how the ghosts were done in CGI for “Ghostbusters”, and the early CGI morphing that allowed a conversion from human to wolf form in “American Werewolf in London”.

It was my job to know how to do these things, because I got paid to do them, too, on film.

The video is not a fake. Tablecloth still on the table, no dishes brokenn.

But Gag Mewithaspoon, you certainly are.

Ah, Elgin! Yes, not too far away. Thank you, MElle.

44. pete says:

Where Eagles Dare,,the sequel! lol

45. YAG YAS says:

Hondo, please provide Pete with no less than five linked examples that Where Eagles Dare is actually a WWII film and that this video couldn’t possibly be a sequel to it.

Gagger-boy: geez, are you incapable of reading and comprehending English?

Your first post above called everyone here “morons” for getting fooled by an “obviously fake video”. Hello – the only place I’ve even seen which questioned the video’s authenticity doesn’t go that far – they say it may be a well executed fake.

Well executed fakes, by definition, are not “obviously fake”? Are you getting that, fool? Are you even capable of getting that?

There are only two rational explanations for calling that video “obviously fake” without providing additional information. One is that you believe the event is impossible. The second is that you believe the event is so rare as that it is virtually impossible to document an occurrence of same.

My comment (30) above citing sources was intended prove that the event depicted is neither impossible nor so rare as to be virtually impossible to document. Anyone with common sense and an IQ of 80 or higher should have been able to figure that out.

By the way: I haven’t even bothered to watch the video. I’ve merely been replying to your idiotic rantings because I enjoy exposing idiots. In your case, it was pretty easy.

Now, run along and find a good coloring book to play with before nappy-time.

If pete wants sources, he can go find them himself. Or maybe you can act as his “best boy” and do that for him.

Geez, you can’t even get screen names from the previous post right!

I think Pete already knows it’s a movie. He include “the sequel” in his post. Oh, but you didn’t read that part, did you, gaggerboy?

This isn’t about whether or not the video is a fake. It’s about whether or not you can generate all the attention you don’t get from your mommy, who is probably at work and doesn’t know what you’re up to.

Did you do your homework? Prove it. Did you clean up your room? Prove it. Did you take out the trash, lazy butt? Prove it.

49. YAG YAS says:

You’re the only one doing any kind of ranting here, and now you’re telling me that you’re ranting over the veracity of something you haven’t even bothered to watch? You had all that time go on google and look up instances of eagles attacking humans, now and thousands of years ago, but you wouldn’t take one minute of that time to watch the video in question? Ok, Captain Fruitcake, I’m going to stop talking to you now and suggest that you contact your nearest mental ward. You should probably check yourself in for an extended stay. When you check out I’m sure this hoax will have been roundly debunked and then you can go wear a dunce cap and sit in the corner.

Oh, please don’t tease us!!!

Geez, I stopped that video at the frame just before the eagle touches the kid. Yes, it’s possible to do that if you know, or have even the faintest idea, what you’re doing, and I do.

There is a shadow — however small, it is still a shadow — behind the kid. It is a small shadow because of the angle of the sun, which in the video frame is at the 7 o’clock location. Picture a clock with markings. 7 is slightly to the left of 6. Oh, that’s hard to visualize if you don’t know is, isn’t it?

You just don’t like being told that you’re wrong. If you’re really leaving, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.