Eagle tries to snatch child

| December 19, 2012 | 179 Comments

Obviously, we need some sort of government legislation that would prevent these raptors from trying to steal our children;

Category: Who knows

Sites That Link to this Post

@13-Hondo–I’ll go ya one as well…when I was stationed in Guam, there was a species of bird which was extremely aggressive if you got anywhere their nests and would actually dive-bomb you.

Anyone who has been running on Site III or NAVSTA can tell you that a lot of times we would go out running with badminton rackets to keep them from bombing us–and yes, those who didn’t occasionally got tagged to the point of drawing blood.

And these birds were nowhere near the size of a golden eagle.

2. Twist says:

Go to Alaska where eagle attacks happen quite frequently.

3. YAG YAS says:

Oh dollface, I said I was going to stop talking to Hondo because it’s not helpful to distract him from getting the help he needs. You, on the other hand, I can talk to all day.

Gag-boy: Realizes the argument is lost, launches a last ad hominem attack, and then quits. Right out of the playbook.

God, you tools are SO predictable!

Personally, I think you just got your panties in a wad (yes, that term was deliberate – and for you, IMO apropos) because you realize Jonn used it to make a point you didn’t agree with – clearly, concisely, and effectively. Tough, pal. Live with it.

Now, go grab your blankie and mat. It’s nappy time for children like you.

Bird sees small object and thinks to self, “Hmmmm…that looks tasty.” Bird swoops down and tries to carry away said object, but it’s too heavy and it’s dropped.

Now SAY GAY, does it really fucking matter if said small object is a gopher, rabbit, poodle, or small child?

6. YAG YAS says:

It matters of the video of it is real you colossal fucking dunce. This one isn’t. Mark my words.

So basically you’re saying that because a video COULD be faked, therefore shit like that doesn’t happen?

You must be dizzy as fuck right now, SAY GAY.

8. Susan says:

I don’t know whether it is real or “faked” but I do know one thing for certain: Birds are EVIL. All of them. They tried to kill us with the Bird Flu, the attack us (see the movie The Birds – it is a documentary). They are filthy and have little heads, sharp beaks and beady eyes. I repeat they are Evil. Except maybe the bald eagle – and only when it is WAY away from me. Did I mention I really hate birds?

9. YAG YAS says:

NHSparky, are you being deliberately obtuse or are you really that fucking stupid?

10. Twist says:

I’m still waiting for an explanation on how the video is “obviously fake”.

11. YAG YAS says:

I wasn’t aware that I owed you one. Watch it in slow motion and decide for yourself. If you come to the wrong conclusion that’s your problem.

Susan, birds are really only interested in making nests, having babies, bringing them up, and getting on with their lives. They don’t hate us. They think we’re frakking ridiculous most of the time.

But if you’re nice to them, they’ll be nice right back to you, which means if you don’t like them, then you simply leave them alone.

Hitchcock’s film ‘The Birds’ was not a documentary, it was a horro movie. Ray Berwick was the bird trainer and John Cardos was the bird wrangler. The crows in the scene near the schoolhouse were highly trained.

Crows and all corvids are, in fact, the most intelligent bird species on the planet. Yes, smarter than parrot species. Crows and ravens have distinct vocalizations and vocabulary, just as cetaceans do, and long, long memories, and what they learn about humans, they pass on to their children and subsequent descendants. And they mate for life.

Looks like he’s bypassing “changing the subject” and “strawman argument” with you and moving right into “invective and insult”, NHSparky. Maybe he didn’t like the results of his previous attempts at those elsewhere. Although I guess if you squint hard enough, you might be able to see that as an attempt to change the subject.

Geez, this tool seems so dull he can’t use the parts of the playbook that require intellect.

Geezo pete, gagus withaspoon is still here?

I thought it was going away.

Let me translate comment 61: “I don’t have any proof and I’m too lazy to try and find any. But my mommie is gone for the day and left her computer logged on, and the sitter is watching game shows. So I can get online and insult people while I’m supposed to be taking a nap.”

16. Twist says:

@61, So what you are saying is that you don’t have an explanation? Thats what I thought.

17. YAG YAS says:

You should probably learn to read PH2.

18. smoke-check says:

My head hurts. Yag yas what is your connection to this video? Why are you acting like its a personal insult to you that people think this could be real? I am just trying to understand why you so aggressive in your position that this is faked?

19. Common Sense says:

My son was 2 when he was attacked by a goose at the park. Birds are just as aggressive as any other wild animal.

Large raptors are quite capable of snatching small dogs so I’m not surprised one tried to take a baby. My dogs are about 12 lbs and are never allowed outside without us for just this reason. We live in a wetlands area with hawks, coyotes, foxes, and the occasional eagle or mountain lion.

I really worry most about the coyotes since one night this fall when I was covering my tomatoes, heard steps in the rock at the edge of the yard, and turned my head to see a coyote standing about 20 ft from me. Although I was able to chase it away, it didn’t run and wasn’t scare of me. It would have taken one of my dogs in a heartbeat especially since my dogs would have run right up to it, barking their fool heads off (because all mini dachshunds think they are wolves).

SAY GAY, do you still beat your boyfriend?

Same kind of logic. Seriously, whether you think the video is faked or not is basically irrelevant. Those of us who have been raised in rural (and some not-so-rural) areas know raptors (psstt..that means “eagles, hawks, etc.”) can and have picked up larger than rodent type objects for food, and that children can and have been taken by not only raptors but other animals in the wild.

So what about those facts confuses you so, m’boy?

It is better the Eagle tried to make off with the child than some wierdo such as YAG YAS or BH Austin (among others).

Tools they are.

22. YAG YAS says:

Holy shit this place is like an abattoir for rational thinking.

And you’re the one to break the spell held over us, SAY GAY?

This oughta be good.

24. YAG YAS says:

Nothing about that confuses me NH, the only thing that does is how you made it through grade school. Holy shit, whether or not the video is fake isn’t irrelevant, it’s the entire fucking point. Please copy and past the part where I say things like this don’t ever happen.

Most of you guys have seen that picture of my Mikey the Large and in Charge, right? He weighs in at 19 pounds. He’s about the size of the child in that video. A golden eagle could easily pick Mikey up and fly away with him.

“watch it in slow motion”? I stopped the frame. Went through it frame by frame. Don’t need slow motion when stop motion is available.

I don’t know what it takes for this anal orifice to get that he’s wrong; he’s ignorant of facts; he has no credentials to prove that the video is a fake; and he’s a boring attention whore with nothing important to say.

26. crucible says:

That kid almost gets taken by an eagle, but Say Gay is around and posting 2/3’s of the posts in this thread.

Does that seem right to you?

Jubal Early

PH2–they’re so cute at that age, aren’t they?

Okay, no. Not really.

And SAY GAY, your degree is in what, again? I’ve got one in Applied Science/Engineering, and I’m by no means the smartest person on the board. Not even close.

Although I HAVE been on “Win Ben Stein’s Money” back in the day, and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

28. Jonn Lilyea says:

If we all said that the video was fake, Dude or whichever name he was using when I whacked him last time, would argue that its real. That’s the kind of childish behavior that got you moderated, dingus.

Oh, it’s HIM.

Nevermind. Just another stray scooting on the carpet again.

Oh, they are cute, Sparky, but they grow up and want the keys to the car and don’t refill the gas tank and party when you’re gone. And never mind the backtalk.

31. YAG YAS says:

Actually Jonn, if you said it was fake I would be shocked to discover that you’re not completely retarded. And NH I have absolutely no doubts that weren’t the smartest in anything you’ve ever done.

Don’t think it’s who you are thinking of, NHSparky. This tool’s posting from Scottsdale. “The Dude” and “DUIDave” are/were from NJ. So unless “The Dude” relocated or is vacationing in Scottsdale, I doubt it’s the same “Fine Individual” (just use the acronym).

33. Jonn Lilyea says:

He’s masking his IP address.

“no doubts that weren’t the smartest in anything”

Can anyone translate this gibberish?

Hmmm. Thanks, Jonn – I didn’t realize GoDaddy offered that service. Have to keep that in mind.

Or maybe it’s just Todd the Fake posting from work again. That wouldn’t surprise me a bit. And it would also explain both the lack of intellect and the anger.

36. YAG YAS says:

I see … So whenever someone comes on here rightly pointing out that you’re an idiot you assume it’s some dude with a top secret ip hiding device? I think you need to join Commander Happy Meal on an extended trip to Crazytown.

37. pete says:

@say gay,,,,how bout you go back to the basement,,lay down by you’re dish and take you’re med’s hon!

Hondo, Jonn — is it possible he’s found a way to reroute his IP source through several services so you can’t track him down?

39. YAG YAS says:

88 How about you go back to second grade for a lecture on the differences between your and you’re.

40. Twist says:

@87, Yet you have yet to point out how anybody is wrong except to call us all “morons”.

41. Twist says:

“It matters of the video of it is real you colossal fucking dunce.”

“How about you go back to second grade for a lecture on the differences between your and you’re.”

You could cut the irony with a knife.

42. YAG YAS says:

Yes I hit O when I meant to hit I. That’s called a typo. Your buddy pete doesn’t know the difference between your and you’re. That’s stupidity.

Ex-PH2: there are ways to do that, Ex-PH2. It’s not that hard if you have access to the right servers and some terminal emulation software.

It also could be just Hamilton posting from his current day-job location. He previously was in Chandler, and Scottsdale is not very far away. And we have seen a variant of this tool’s screen name (“You Ain’t Grunt You Ain’t Shit”) posting from a location in that vicinity in the past – specifically, in Tempe.

Hamilton’s got an IT background, so him working an IT job would make sense. And some IT jobs support multiple locations, shuttling people from place to place as required.

Doesn’t really matter, though. His “winning personality” and “superior intellect” shines through every time.

Yes, I’m being sarcastic. Thought I should probably make that clear for Todd-boy.

44. YAG YAS says:

I don’t know who Todd is, but he can’t possibly be dumber than you.

pete: shhhh. Don’t tip Gag-boy’s babysitter that he’s skipping nappy-time and using mommie’s computer to surf instead! His mommie will be angry if she find out!

46. Twist says:

How do you know pete’s wasn’t a typo? By your yard stick you don’t know the difference between of and in.

“Sorry if I’ve just pulled the tablecloth outvfrom under everything you thought real.”

If you are going to call out other’s grammer and spelling you should probably watch YOUR own.

Sure you don’t know who Todd is, tool. Uh huh. Yeah. Sure.

48. YAG YAS says:

Surely you can link me to 50 relevant links on the matter.

SAY GAY–you’re right–I’ve no illusions that in a world of nearly 7 billion people, I’m the best at ANYTHING.

But at some things which require at least three functional brain cells, I’m pretty well up there.

Again, what was your MOS/NEC? I was (among others) a 3363. Look it up. Then go ahead and call me stupid. I’m merely remarking the fact that despite my mental prowess, there are many others here who hold more technical jobs and who hold many advanced degrees which I will not attain in this lifetime.

Oh, and you may go now.

50. JAGC says:

The tip off about this Internet commando can be found at post 27. That post appears to identify him as another person who has an ax to grind against the military and veterans, while also seemingly engaged in the lonely endeavor of actually supporting valor thieves and those who otherwise dishonor service for their own tangible or emotional gain. The validity of the video here is inconsequential… The video could show that the sky is blue and he would find some excuse to demean the people here.