Agenda Confirmed; Mechanism Identified?

| January 9, 2013 | 81 Comments

“Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”

Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D-N.Y.

Yeah, he was allegedly talking  last week about a new potential ban on “assault weapons” (whatever the hell those are) might work in NY.  But everyone knows that’s merely a convenient “stalking horse” for their real agenda:  gutting the 2nd Amendment.

But he’s apparently not alone.  As Jonn noted here a few minutes ago, it looks like that “great scholar” Biden is also considering recommending the POTUS practice legislation via Executive Order on this issue.  I’m guessing Joe the Scholar is recommending that since he knows chances of getting any kind of meaningful Federal gun control law passed anytime soon are about the same as those of a June or July snowfall in Phoenix, AZ.  Even many of his Democratic colleagues aren’t that crazy.

But what does the Left have to lose?  When you can’t get what you want legally, illegal subterfuge is just about all you have left.

Category: Gun Grabbing Fascists

1. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

FROM MY COLD .

2. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

DEAD

3. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

HANDS.

4. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

The GOV is about to speak any minute now!

It will be covered nationally!

Some are theorizing that GOV will speak first … then WH!

5. Jonn Lilyea says:

What I found fascinating about the article I read about Cuomo is that the journalist admitted that New York had some of the toughest gun laws in the country (they do) and that gun manufacturers made weapons that circumvented NY’s laws. So, the guns are still legal, right? I mean that’s what the laws were written for, so that gun manufacturers would have to conform to the laws. But the journalist made it sound like they were doing something illegal when they really couldn’t.

I wonder how many New Yorkers are going to lose their jobs in Ilion when Remington leaves for friendlier climes.

6. Thor says:

Permitting wouldn’t have helped in the Newtown, CT. school shootings. After all, he basically stole those weapons from his mom.

The we COULD get into all of the inconsistencies of the Newtown shootings. I don’t know which bugs me more.

7. ConcernedCitizen says:

Considering that Remington has received over five million dollars in subsidies from New York since 2007, it is questionable on how much they want to say and how much more local officials want them to.

8. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

NOAA and NWS are reporting that a HUGE CAT 5 SH!T STORM is about to hit the State House in Albany, NY!

9. FatCircles0311 says:

Firearms owner taxation is enroute.

What is it about, “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED” that these fucking clowns don’t get?

Jonn–I thought the same thing until Thompson/Center Arms here closed a couple of years back. This week they sold the property and are razing it/clearing it to put in a car dealership.

Thompson/Center, meanwhile, moved to Mass. I wish I was kidding.

12. SFC Holland says:

Holy Shit. Losing my mind over reading this. Imagine him saying we are suspending first ammendment rights, or we have decided to house troops in civilian homes. This is America?

13. LIRight says:

Vets with diagnosed PTS are at serious risk at being able to “keep and bear arms.”

This all happening a little too quickly…..

14. LIRight says:

Is it me, or is the time stamp for comments off by one hour?

•To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them” ~George Mason

•Those who possess and can wield arms are in a position to decide whether the Constitution is to continue or not” ~Aristotle

17. rb325th says:

A Veteran going for PTS Counseling, who has not been legally comitted IS NOT reported UNLESS, they are deemed a threat to themselves or others.
    Veterans who have been legally committed for mental health issues and who are deemed a danger to themself or others are reported (as all such cases supposed to be) to the FBI who maintains a list of indivuals who should not be issued a license. You can only be placed on that list if you have certain disorders (and PTS is not one of them) or again are deemed a threat to yourself or others.
    This BS Executive order crap is stomping all over the Constitution and the Separation of Powers though.

18. Joe says:

Yippee! (Love all the old, archaic, flowery quotes by the way).

19. JP says:

Only to an idiot like Joe, would the idea of liberty be “archaic”.

20. Joe says:

Only an idiot like JP would choose live in the far distant
    past (like 2 1/2 centuries ago).

21. LIRight says:

@rb325th

I think part of the problem remains. I have knowledge of Vets prescribed Zoloft, Ambien and other drugs. The potential problem could exist during the renewal process for a carry, or general pistol permit on the municipal level with questions on the application referring to psychological treatment and/or drugs prescribed….and I don’t mean anti-psychotic drugs. Anti depressants could be exclusionary.

22. Tango9 says:

I’m good on ammo. I’m buying ropes. Think we’ll need a few before it’s over. And a big tree.

23. PintoNag says:

@22 MELATONIN could be exclusionary, and that’s the hell of it. ASPIRIN could be exclusionary. It has NOTHING TO DO with the proper concern for mental illness. If I thought for one minute that they gave a damn about who they were going to hurt, I’d sleep better at night. It’s the fact that it’s all a power play, and that something like 80 MILLION AMERICANS ARE GOING TO BE DECLARED CRIMINALS that has me almost sick with worry.

24. LIRight says:

@PintoNag

The first three comments by MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) say it all for me.

25. PintoNag says:

@LIRight

I think it was Truman who said you can’t treat a bully like a gentleman. The real fight is about to begin, I think.

God help us all.

26. Tango9 says:

#26
    God help them. They’re going to need it.

27. Tango9 says:

we have 23 million warriors trained in COIN. Most of us have been fighting since we were 18.

This is not a fight they want to pick.

28. Joe says:

So how’s the command and control thing gonna work with your 23 million footsoldiers Tango?

29. Powerpoint Ranger says:

For all of Joe’s blathering about people supposedly wanting to live 2 1/2 centuries ago, I think the thing that really bothers him is that he wants to go back several more centuries. If we’re talking about throwback living, the ideal Joe timeframe seems to be found at the height of feudalism, where the serfs and peasants knew their place and centered their lives around providing for a nobility that dictated every aspect of daily life and society.

Then and now (with the likes of tax cheat Geithner, DC gun criminal David Gregory and robber baron Jon Corzine as shining examples), the laws laid down for the serfs and peasants are of very little consequence to the nobility, as long as they do the royal bidding and properly kiss the ring (among other places). So when you hear Joe harping on this like he did in #21, just realize that he wants to take things back a couple more centuries.

On a related note, our good buddy Josh Boston acquitted himself quite well while debating Joe’s neo-feudalist fellow traveler Piers Morgan. You can see the frustration in Piers’ face as he realizes that Josh is standing his ground and not giving him any Alex Jones moments.

30. GruntSgt says:

These assholes think because they say something or issue a decree that we will bend over and let them have their way without a fight. They really think millions of gun owners are going to march down to the nearest police station or sheriffs office, line up, sign up, and become a target for confiscation down the road. It’s galling to think they sit in their towers and issue edicts and really don’t have any idea about the biggest part of this country or the people in it. Only they now what’s good for us Peons because they learned it in the faculty lounge. Yeah, I’ll bendover so they can kiss my red, white, and blue ass!

31. Joe says:

Break out the tricorn hats!

32. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

Joe … tone it down … at first you are amusing … then annoying … now your just dripping with liberal drabblespunckisms!

33. Powerpoint Ranger says:

It’s ok Joe, if we have to wear Tricorn hats you can still don your own choice of historical regalia.

34. Old 21B says:

How many times can Obama bypass congress and just issue an executive order and push through illegal “laws” before people will wake up? Will he issue an executive order doing away with presidential term limits followed by an executive order doing away with elections? Of course all for the “good of the country.”

35. Tango9 says:

Joe Says:
    January 9th, 2013 at 5:23 pm

heh. you’re so naive it’s actually funny. You gonna be here all week? I’ll tip the waitresses.

36. Joe says:

PPR,
    Does it come with a pair of oxen?

37. Tango9 says:

and that’s not “footsoldiers” it’s “veterans.”

I’m sure you’re unfamiliar with Arlington and a sense of service to anything other than your boyfriend but bear with me a little and I’ll drop you some knowledge.

Veterans are the people that signed a blank check that said “up to and including my life” so that dumbasses like you could be dumbasses. We don’t care if you care. We didn’t sign on based on a poll of thankful citizens. We did it because we’re men. Protectors. Warriors. Fathers. Defenders.

Even of the useless.

38. ANCCPT says:

It’s a crying shame that when my buddies and I were camping in the Superstition Mountains last week, someone up and stole all our weapons. Every single one of em. We threw the ammo left over in the lake because we didn’t want some poor kid to find it and get hurt.

From the Future Crime Prevention Files:
    Report it? What? No, sorry officer. We didn’t. We didn’t want to trouble the County Sheriff, on account of all the weapon theft going on. Dang shame about all that, I thought us Arizonans were such law abidin’ folk, who just wanted to be left alone.
    Well, Good luck on your hunt for those guns officer. I’m sure you’ll turn some up somewhere. If you want to search my house, come back with a warrant. I’ll be up in the Superstitions, ‘camping’.

I could go into the historical necessity of private ownership of arms, but most of here are on the same page and understand that an armed society is a free society. I won’t though, but come confiscation day, I’m going to be having one heck of a camping trip. Who’s in for it?

39. Tango9 says:

#39 you too! I was out walking my dog, left the house unlocked and dangit if every one of my guns and all the ammo wasn’t stolen! Didn’t report it because I didn’t want to admit to being stupid.

Damned shame.

40. Old Trooper says:

@38: Preach it, brother!!

Can I get an Amen?!?!

41. Joe says:

I’ve been camping and hiking in the Superstitions on a number of occasions, and come to think of it I did hear a lot of gun shots in the distance.

42. Old Trooper says:

@39: Count me in!

43. dghi says:

@#31, Their frame of reference is the State of Hawaii where the President just vacationed. People are enduring up to 9 hour waits in line, up to 3 hours at a time to 1) apply for a permit to acquire a gun, 2) pick up the permit to purchase the gun, 3) register the weapon within 72 hours of purchase. That’s the requirement for ALL firearms, the waits are due to the large number of people involved. State constitution echoes the 2nd Amendment, and we are a May Issue State (although nobody has been issued a CCW) but they get us with all the little admin regulations. So yeah, they think they can get away with it.

44. USMCE8Ret says:

Joe. I’ll say this as nicely as I can.

Go fuck yourself.

Adults are having a discussion.

45. ANCCPT says:

“What is a ´Wolverine´ ?”
    “A small animal. . .like a badger, but terribly ferocious.
    It is also the name of the local school sports collective.”

46. PintoNag says:

“The steady drip of water will wear away stone.”

47. Old Trooper says:

What Joe doesn’t understand about the military or Vets is that we know what to do, how to set up “command and control” and how to organize ourselves, because we were trained to do so. We don’t need some stumblefuck politician or community organizer to do it for us, unlike leftists.

48. LIRight says:

Like my late father used to say, “he’s like a fart in a gale of wind!” A decidedly proud Irishman.

@Joe is pushing all the right buttons and we’re responding to the taunts…..

I’m curious though….camping and hiking in the Superstitions? I think perhaps camping and hiking at Occupy Wall Street is more like it.

49. streetsweeper says:

And THAT, Joey is the way it is. How’s Alcatraz Island these days? You polishing door knobs, keeping ‘em bright and shiny for the tourists?