These are the 23 executive orders signed this morning by da prez in regard to gun control.
Here, according to the White House, are what the 23 executive actions will do, without congressional approval:
1. “Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.”
2. “Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.”
3. “Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.”
4. “Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.”
5. “Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.”
6. “Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. “Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.”
8. “Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).”
9. “Issue a presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.”
10. “Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.”
11. “Nominate an ATF director.”
12. “Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.”
13. “Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.”
14. “Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.”
15. “Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.”
16. “Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.”
17. “Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.”
18. “Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.”
19. “Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.”
20. “Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.”
21. “Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.”
22. “Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.”
23. “Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.”
Opponents led by the National Rifle Association promise to fight any measures they say will violate the constitutional right to bear arms.
I like this ad very much. It speaks directly to how the elitist turds want to run your life for you. That’s why Schumer and company all have weapons permits, but don’t want you having them. Similarly your children are not as important as their children…..
It’s time to let these sh1tbags know we are well aware of the “truths” they speak….
This basically destroy all Libtard thought process regarding this issue. Not only are there not “shootouts” like certain Libtards would want you to believe, but literally EVERYTHING society deems worth protecting involves the use of firearms EXCEPT when it comes to public schools. If these Libtards were truly for the cause as they say we’d wouldn’t have armed individuals at airports and they most certainly wouldn’t send their own kids to private schools that hire armed guards.
The Lib-Cong don’t care about child safety. They’re all about control. Governments prefer to deal with unarmed peasants.
All the police can do is string crime scene tape around the site of the shooting. When seconds count, the police are minutes away. An armed citizenry is the best defense against crime, at every level including governmental.
Sounds like HIPAA will be scrapped. Insurance companies will profit by the sudden opening of the medical records of America.
#16: have to go through the legislative process to do that.
Seems like whomever does the actual legwork will be committing a number of felonies, which won’t be prosecuted by DOJ, but can be prosecuted by state and local DA and at a later time. Any local LEO going to play that lottery?
#18 Resource Officer? WTF is a Resource Officer? Sounds like a payoff to the NEA, again.
#23 I guess we don’t have a Surgeon General? What’s Duncan going to do? Overlook pedophilia in the nation’s schools? He’s already doing that.
All in all, looks like Obama’s off-the-shelf EO contradicts Obamacare, HIPAA, and since today is conspiracy day: no change from current gun laws. That’s a conspiracy!
@7, a resource officer, at least here in STL, is a police officer with badge, gun, belt, car…a regular cop who hangs out at the school while class is in session. I cant think of a single school in this area that Doesnt have one, they started introducing them back when i was in high school over 10 years ago… so NRA is crazy to suggest armed guards in schools but when O says it, its a good thing, somehow. I also remember reading somewhere that this money was taken out of the last budget considerations.