Just How Paranoid Are You? A Sunday Silly?

| January 27, 2013 | 37 Comments

Are they coming?

Where does it stop?

Category: Geezer Alert!

Uh oh. “Military style choppas!” I want that reporter quarantined, STAT!

2. Dogrease says:

Preparation for taking away weapons from citizens, already trying to take out the sheriffs back east.

3. Bam Bam says:

I wish they would ban

4. Bam Bam says:

Argh! Sorry…

…Ban those military style choppers. Who needs the same choppers as the military? Nut jobs that’s who!

5. Ugh says:

160th SOAR practicing, let’s not get fricking crazy now

Durn! Where’s Jesse Ventura in all this?

@4 – Those ARE military choppers. It was a joint drill with military/police.

Wonder how many innocent civilians were transported during this for chest pains, collapsing due to fright, etc.

8. I saw that video at one of those conspiracy sites, and watched it twice trying to see the machine gun fire over Miami. Those people would freak out here on this farm, as we have as many as 5 different types of military fixed wing acft, and 3 different types of Helicopters flying over in the same day, most at very low altitude.

Regular Blackhaw and Huey flights over my house, CG orange-and-silvers, too. I go out and wave at them.

10. Bam Bam says:

<- 1500 hours flying kiowas…yea I know they are real military helicopters. I'll try and drip even more sarcasm from my mouth next time.

11. UpNorth says:

I’ve got Blackhawks and Ch-53′s flying over, not to mention medevac flights to and from Grand Rapids. I do what PH2 does, when I can. If they’re flying with the doors open, in the summer, I usually get a wave back.

12. ComancheDoc says:

Growing up my family would go camping down along the missouri/arkansas border and there were many nights stealth bombers would fly overhead just above the trees, freaky the first time, awesome every time after. I know its not the same but OhNoes! they be trainin….lol

13. pete says:

i wish they would train-up like that over Dearborn,Mich!

@12, in view of some of the odd UFO reports by cops claiming they’ve seen some weird kind of flying machines at night, is it possible they’ve been seeing stealth planes and simply didn’t know it?

I only ask because I see planes heading into various airports at night around where I live, all with navigation lights in plain view, some of them bright lit with floodlights on their fuselages, and one person I know is positive that they are alien spacecraft. Seriously. He can’t be convinced otherwise.

15. streetsweeper says:

Zero & Frankie must be watching my commenting to those that posted this one, lol. Some of ‘em git down right butt hurt!

Takes all kinds, Ex-PH2. There are some folks who seriously believe Elvis is still alive.

17. 16 Hondo: Elvis isn’t alive?

18. Southern Class #17: Of course he is.

Nope. Died in 1977.

Of course, there is that “Bubba Ho-Tep” theory . . . . (smile)

@10 — I thought you were serious. Sorry.

21. Dayum, Southern Class, didn’t you know that?

22. Bam Bam says:

No worries ;)

I saw Elvis at Walmart the third Tuesday of last week. I did. In the TV-electronics section.

24. Slause says:

Those helo’s are flying around the men in their pretty white coats… Be ready.

I saw Elvis once in Vegas, had no idea he was Asian.

25. B Woodman says:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Alright already. One Blackhawk flying by, a couple of recons, what sounded like M60 fire (from the recons?).
    Other then that, the “news” (such as it wasn’t), was all about “we think there’s something going on, we don’t know what, we think it’s a military training exercise, other then that, it’s a slow night but we gots to earn our paycheck by panicking the public.”

Reminded me of the (1965?) Buffallo Springfield song, “For What It’s Worth”.
    “There’s something happening here,
    What it is ain’t exactly clear,
    There’s a man with a gun over there,
    Tellin’ me I gots to beware . . . “

26. ComancheDoc says:

@14, its possible, i cant for the life of me remember the name of the base they were flying out of(we were down around bull shoals lake area, maybe whitman??) but i know they were the bombers that were all straight angles; I can see someone who didnt know any better mistaking them for something like a UFO, but the locals around there knew about them and thought it was cool as long as they didnt “lose” any ordnance…

Well, no one except the government knew about the Blackbird until the program was ended.

Beautiful plane, but definitely looked like some alien craft.

(Cue the Twilight Zone theme…)

When I was about 4, we lived in Odessa, Texas. There was one afternoon when everyone in the neighborhood was outside pointing at the sky and something in it.

It was a glass bubble with what looked like a dragonfly’s tail behind it, flying through the air. My mother kept insisting it was a UFO.

It was actually a Bell 47 helicopter, which was in use for many, many years, starting in 1950.

And Area 51 has been so hammered by civilians trying to find out what super-secret stuff is being developed there that they’ve moved their R&D aviation to another base.

“Bubba Ho-Tep”

One of my favorite Bruce Campbell movies, right up there with Army of Darkness.

30. Blackshoe says:

It’s the Butcher of Bakersfield!

31. BinhTuy66 says:

About 1982 or 1983(?). I was living near Eureka CA and had a senior friend that relocated. He had recentley retired from Lockheed. He was a laminates specialist. Never told me much about what he did at Lockheed. He had a huge shop that always had CNN news on (before FOX). One day I was visiting him in his shop and CNN announced a breaking story of an Air Force fighter jet that crashed during a training flight in a remote part of Nevada and the AF had cordoned off a five square mile area around the crash site. I remarked that it was strange for the AF to close such a large area for a training accident.

My friend looked at me and said: Steve, you don’t have any idea of what’s flying up there… that’s why the huge area that was closed. Years later, found out it was one of the stealth fighters that crashed during a test night flight.

Later on, after the covers came off, learned my friend had worked on all the stealth projects, in the laminates department.

On a side note: He was also a Second Lt. with the 101st ABN and dropped into Normandy on that fateful night. No, he is not a phony… he was the real thing. If any of the regulars here wish to check him out, contact me.

BinhTuy66 (Steve)

32. Roger in Republic says:

Just because you are paranoid it does not mean that they are not out to get you!

33. BinhTuy66 says:

Correction: I think my mind might be failing me. My friend who worked at the “Skunks Work” for Lockheed and was with the 101st ABN. His name was Ted Wyma, has already passed on. He was at the Ardennes and jumped into Germany or somewhere around there? This was my mistake about Normandy… It’s been several years now. I guess I’m not as sharp as I used to be. WTF, at least I don’t buy the hill and nobama good friends sheet.

34. Scubasteve says:

“Blank rounds, pinging off the buildings…”

Bwahaaahaaaaaahaaaaa!

35. Reaperman says:

Silly reactions aside, there seems to have been some pretty poor choices made here.

36. Crusty says:

Living out in the sticks near JRTC Ft. polk I get to see a lot of air traffic. sometimes so low it makes the tops of the trees sway. Not to mention sometimes the pictures fall off the wall from the range. I get a kick out of it when I have company from Houston at the house!

37. Eggs says:

I did see Elvis in the mid 1990s during one of my many Tucson-Las Vegas road trips. He was in Wickenburg, at the Kentucky Fried Chicken drive thru window in a red Honda Civic.

Or maybe it was Tortelvis, they (Dread Zeppelin) were touring the southwest around that time. I went to one of their shows at the old Fremont Street Reggae and Blues Club. Great show.