I’m So Thrilled I Just HAD to Share

| January 29, 2013 | 27 Comments

Senate confirms Kerry nomination for State Dept.

Someone mentioned this in a comment below….But I had to verify.

The Senate overwhelmingly confirmed President Barack Obama‘s choice of five-term Sen. John Kerry to be secretary of state, with Republicans and Democrats praising him as the ideal successor to Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Of course I feel betrayed… but, sadly, not surprised.

I just broke my alcohol fast. Queries about my blood sugar and/or rage can be addressed to: Nothing much matters on FB.

Category: Geezer Alert!, John Kerry, Politics

Isn’t that just super duper. As somebody said somewhere, if we are going to select persons for high office, even if military service is not required, shouldn’t that service at least be honorable???

But I actually can not argue with the sentiment that he is an ideal successor to the hildebeast, if you happen to like that sort of thing.

2. malclave says:

I’m sure John Kerry-Heinz will be proud to continue the State Department’s legacy of “what difference does it make?”

3. Just an Old Dog says:

Somehow I feel a kinship with the old Legionnaires who watched helplessly during the last days of Rome, as a great republic rotted from the inside.

4. Biermann says:

What’s the name of this blog? The second part just became MUCH clearer.

5. streetsweeper says:

Yep! BOHICA!

6. GruntSgt says:

I’m with Old Dog on this one and not the least bit surprised. Nothing the Pussies on the Potomac do could surprise, only depress.

7. Just Plain Jason says:

Hey at least he isn’t in the senate any more…Fuck that’s all I got.

8. DefendUSA says:

I’m gonna throw up. Really.

And the Republic takes one more step towards oblivion. What point will future historians point towards as the tipping point where freedom in this country died?

It won’t be this one, but it’ll sure have helped it along.

@2. To this day, I swear, I do not buy ANY Heinz product. I’d rather bleed on my onw cheeseburger and pretend it’s ketchup than use the chick’s glop.

Air Cav–ditto. If forced to put ANYTHING on a steak (I prefer a dab of blue cheese butter with salt and pepper, thanks) it’ll be A1, not Heinz 57.

12. WkAvngr211 says:

Wow, just wow. There truly is no honor among thieves. Diplomatically, our remaining credibility has just gone out the window.

13. Common Sense says:

Only 3 Repubs stuck with their principles (and constituents) and voted against him.

It’s not just the Democratic Party that is the enemy.

14. DaveO says:

Eh, the Republicans believe Scott Brown can pick up Kerry’s seat.

What is nice is that Kerry is no longer exempt from following the law. So, next time he parks his mega-million dollar yacht in Rhode Island, he can picked up for tax evasion and any number of felonies you care to assess.

15. DaveO #14: You are quite right. This administration does have a reputation for following what you and I might foolishly call laws.

DaveO–I don’t think Brown is running for Senate. Look for him to run for MA governor.

Zero: bingo. Especially that guy in charge of enforcing Federal laws over at DoJ.

18. B Woodman says:

Zero,
    Make mine scotch, a double, preferably a single malt. If I’m going off the wagon, I’ll do it with class and style.

19. UpNorth says:

DaveO, you assume that Taxachusets would actually enforce the law on a dem? Laws are for peons, not the sKerrys and Kennedys and the like. Just ask Eric Holder.

@3 Old Dog — Remember, the Praetorian Guard frequently assassinated the Caesars themselves.

I want everyone to know that the Twinkie may have just found a new home!

22. Just Plain Jason says:

Is there anyone in Masshole that can run? Hell just lie and add Kennedy onto your last name, say that you are Ringo’s nephew no one will be the wiser. If someone calls you on it just say your grandma said so and they don’t need to look any further.

23. Poetrooper says:

As one of the older dogs here, and one who was directly maligned by Kerry’s traitorous lies and behavior I have only this to say; should I fail to outlive the sorry bastard I will have inscribed on my headstone:

“His one regret was in failing to piss on John Kerry’s grave.”

24. UpNorth says:

^^Like^^ for #23

Poetrooper: may I suggest modifying that epitaph to add a certain individual named Jane?

26. NR Pax says:

Just give me the bottle of Laphroaig, a quiet corner and have a taxi on speed dial ready to dump my body off at home.

27. Spade says:

@3, is this just a thing throughout history with those involved with government at the lowest level? You get to stare at your hard work and wonder why while the politicians get rich and powerful?