Joe Bite Me: New gun laws not a panacea for gun violence

| February 1, 2013 | 30 Comments

According to Politico, Joe Bite Me ran off his rails and waved off his handlers to tell reporters that new gun regulations aren’t going to guarantee an end to gun violence in the country, but, he admits, it’s most important that the hand-wringers see the government do something, anything, effective or, most likely, otherwise;

“The point I was making was, you know, the visual image of those 20 innocent children being riddled with bullets has absolutely not only traumatized the nation, but it has caused, it’s like the straw that broke the camel’s backs,” Biden said.

Biden said the change in opinion is so stark that there is now an expectation for Congress to act.

“I believe that the American people will not understand and I think everyone in there, I know everyone in that caucus agrees with me, will not understand if we don’t act,” Biden said.

It’s like I’ve been saying since the beginning of this – its not about ending gun violence, it’s about those emotional creeps who are still emoting over the sight of broken young bodies – it’s how that made them feel bad and they don’t want to feel like that again. it’s not about the tragedy of dead children or the broken families, its about how it made them feel. And if they do something, they’ll feel better about themselves and if they get to take rights away from other Americans while they’re doing something, well, that’s just gravy. It proves that they did something hard and justifies what they did to us.

That’s why they think they can make us feel bad about ourselves by saying that we’re cowardly because we feel that we need guns to protect ourselves. That’s the kind of thing that would make them feel bad, so they think that we run on emotions just like them.

Category: Gun Grabbing Fascists

Having to kill someone while defending my home would indeed make me feel “bad”. It’s not something I ever want to have to do.

However: attending a loved one’s funeral because the police got there 2 minutes too late – and living with the knowledge that I possibly could have prevented that – would make me feel one helluva lot worse.

What say you, Comrade Joseph, Socialist Hero of Rock Climbing for Greater Glory Socialist Republic of Durango? You OK with attending a loved one’s funeral rather than defending yourself?

2. NR Pax says:

Hondo, I’m willing to bet that as long as he can claim the “Moral High Ground” he’s fine with any hypothetical you can throw out.

3. RaptorFire22 says:

Had a string of break ins on base. Our garage door was broken and we hhad to leave it open. Some creep tried to break down the door while my wife was home alone. Luckily the dog barking scared them off. But tonight i pick up my brand new Mossberg 500. Already ordered the collapsible stock and grip for the pump. Next time we will be ready.

4. ComancheDoc says:

I have it on good authority that shotgun will do wonders for your home defense. Hope you never have to use it.

5. USMCE8Ret says:

Great points, Jonn. Spot on.

Any time Joe Biden’s name is brought up, Joe the Troll shows up. Countdown anyone?

6. FatCircles0311 says:

Honestly what did you expect in a nation where more people watch people crying on American Idol than know about Benghazi?

This man is the Vice President of the United States of America.

*blood shoots from eyes*

7. LanceCooley says:

The reaction to this entire thing is just ridiculous. I cannot for the life of me fathom why folks would just cower in fear rather than being prepared to defend themselves and then try and tell me that their sheeple attitude is the “moral” high ground. If they are Christian pacifists, I ask this (leaving out Luke 22:36ff): Which is more loving, to protect your family and indeed your own life which is a gift of God, or preserve the one who would do evil to them/you? Not to bring religion into this, but you cannot dictate the “moral” high ground where you have no knowledge or foundation.

8. David says:

In this case I agree with Biden, that Congress needs to DO SOMETHING!!! Suggestions: 1) Remove all personal bodyguards from Washington, DC. Make them live like the rest of us.
    2) Suspend their incomes until a budget is passed. Not their Congressional pay, but ALL income. Most of ‘em don’t need that mere pittance they get for pay – so go after the big bucks. 3) Throw some of that Vice Presidential, or better Presidential, weight behind enforcing the EXISTING gun laws. Try all that for a year or so…. THEN see what needs to be done.

9. Swamper says:

Here are some dim bulbs in the video link below. This is the mindset with which we are dealing. As Lt. Col. Grossman said (and I paraphrase), these people do not like the sheepdogs because they look too much like the wolf.

10. FatCircles0311 says:

@9: Apparently telling people to be responsible for their families safety is illegal, irresponsible, and not leader like.

NBC is literally infested with hysterical coward children.

11. Twist says:

The Liberals also fail to understand the implication of Sen Di-Fi’s statement about working on the gun control bill. The fact that she had been working on it for months shows that she was just waiting for a tragedy to happen that she could exploit before unveiling it.

12. Reaperman says:

Well if we just need congress to do *something* and don’t much care what it is, just have congress draft up a letter condemning child murder. American people get congress to ‘do something,’ congress doesn’t have to do any real work, and everybody has the same rights that they have now. How much money and time we’d save not having to deal with lawyers, judges, debates, negative ads, training and enforcement.

@7 – ‘ I cannot for the life of me fathom why folks would just cower in fear rather than being prepared to defend themselves.’

The $64,000 question has just been asked.

14. Hondo #1: Dropping the hammer on someone to protect me and mine would not make me feel bad in the least.

I’d certainly feel bad for their family, but NOT about MY actions.

To be clear… that is my mindset, but the reality may well be different.

A complex issue indeed. And one that deserves exploration by each of us who thinks a firearm is something more than a tool for hunting.

15. Jonn Lilyea says:

Actually, I feel bad for the guy who breaks into my house – I only have my scary-looking black rifles loaded because now I have to justify my ownership of them. And I anticipate that the engagement will involve at least one magazine change.

We who honor life in general would have some residual “feel bad” for taking the life of another human being, but that should not equate to regretting having done so in defense of our own life or that of another. It was not we who decided that a life was going to be taken that day when someone threatens us and we use appropriate force to neutralize that threat.

17. Just Plain Jason says:

I know this is kinda off the subject, but I wonder what kind of support for the war in Afghanistan we could get if they would publicize the brutality to young women and girls that goes on there every day like they do with the “gun violence” here in the US.

18. Jonn #15: Ya need more practice! A whole magazine?

Oh wait, I forgot zombies, never mind.

19. streetsweeper says:

Well said, OWB.

20. MAJMike says:

I do not choose to rely upon the tender mercies of thugs and criminals. I will not cower. If I am to die, I will make it as expensive as possible to my adversary.

Thanks, street.

MAJMike, I always said that I might not win the fight but I was gonna do some damage on my way down. Now that I am older, I may have to rely more on firepower than my good looks. Besides, I can’t run nearly as fast these days!

22. USMCE8Ret says:

@17 – With your permission, I’ll use the point you made in next weeks office dicussion.

I work with a lot of other retired military members, and I waas surprised how many liberals are around me. Some are ABSOLUTELY, DIE HARD against guns.

Maybe I’m nieve, but I just can’t vision a military person so much against guns as some of these people are.

OWB–amen. I ain’t running, might as well stand my ground and defend it.

That’s called reality, Jonn. Then again, I notice the people making those points have Secret Service protection, and I’m guessing they’re pretty well armed and trained, when they’re not chasing Colombian hookers.

24. Just Plain Jason says:

USMCE8Ret you feel free to you that, I was just sitting here thinking about that. I also find it odd that some women here will think that equality=free birth control, but have no clue what can happen to a young girl who just wants to learn to read in some parts of the world.

25. USMCE8Ret says:

I know, Jason. It’s insane. It was surreal when s hadji kid walked up wiht a heavy jacket on in July while we were in the outskirts of Karbala, and he blew himself into a pink mist with glubes and globs of guts flying in all directions in our area. Tends to put a different perspective on thins in such a manner. I don’t know how to quite and describe the carnage. Its a surral dream, managed a few years later wiwth effexor and ambien. Its so foreign to women in combat, and its particulaly visious when women arein the center of it.

@USMC8Ret: You write up what you went through. Whether you publish it or let it sit in a desk drawer, you document it.

People thought that war was glorious and wonderful until pioneer photographers like Matthew Brady went onto the Civil War battlefields and documented the carnage.

27. streetsweeper says:

Caroline Van Zorg has a link up over on FB regarding the National Sheriffs Association’s position on gun control and enforcing current and proposed new laws. From their website, the resolution in .pdf file.

National Sheriffs Association

28. streetsweeper says:

Dang it, I forgot to add the link to their Executive Summary on firearms in my comment above. Have fun with this, troll Joe.

29. enderr says:

What images is he talking about? I have not seen any images of bullet riddled bodies. Even a google search just turns up class photos. They are exploiting this tragedy for political gain.

enderr–this is the same mouth-breathing moron who claims he was golfing and could hear the shooting at the Amish schoolhouse back in 2006.

Uh, no. Nice try, Joe. Not a chance.