Busted; Simon Nytes

| February 6, 2013 | 83 Comments

ecook sends us this video from someone who encountered a phony, Simon Nytes, at a local radio station, Power 96.5 in Springfield, Missouri;

Apparently, Simon has taken down his Facebook page for some reason.

ADDED: From Power 96.5’s Facebook page;

Power 96.5

1. Old Trooper says:

Oops. Somebody done f’ed up.

2. JDC (OUT FRONT) CAV says:

I think he will be hearing about this alot for a long time, dip squat.

3. Mustang says:

Looks like that local radio station is about to get a lot more popular.

4. john Miska says:

Can I use your line about no patches tabs etc? I was same as I worked with such guys and around a few operators in my day. My problem with the posers is I actually had a so secret job and the first refuge of the posers is secret squirrel story…. while I cannot talk aout my job I can say where I was trained etc and name guys I worked with…Posers cannot!
    I often feel that I am a poser when at Walter Reed as when I am with guys who were on tip of spear having served myself way down the handle I am forced to realise how easy I had it as an Intel Dweeb.
    I feel guilty about hot meals A/C bunk with sheets and pillows…hell we even had a swimming pool!

5. Yat Yas 1833 says:

Two words to say…HOLY $H1T!!!

Someone’s in DEEP DOODOO! I’m glad it ain’t me.

6. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

I just left a message on his answering machine. I recommended that he publically apologize for claiming to be a US Army SPEC FOR Delta Team guy. I doubt he will.

7. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

Journal Broadcast Group
    2330 W. Grand Street
    Springfield, MO 65802
    Request : 417.862.9965
    Phone: 417.865.6614

8. JDC (OUT FRONT) CAV says:

My question is was he even ever in any branch of the military? Probaly played with a GIJOE doll as a kid and every one knows that is like the real thing…..

9. Virtual Insanity says:

“THUD.”

An “18A Corporal” in the early 1990s, eh? That’s certainly a new one. (smile)

I have contact info for the station’s management. Let’s see if the tool comes clean.

Station management has been notified.

11. JoekNYC says:

It would appear his blog, Facebook page and twitter account all just got deactivated. Poof! You’re a pumpkin!

12. Bruce says:

“Don’t clam to be what your not. Just be who you are, that should be more then enough”.

I don’t know why people do this kind of thing. Just be your
    self, be proud of who you are.

13. Lucky says:

BURN!!! Also, John Miska, I think you know my Dad…. PM me at some point…

14. JDC (OUT FRONT) CAV says:

I think I’m going to call that request line.

15. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

@ 12 … he should not claim who he really is.

He is spinning Beyonce records for 13 year old girls.

I listened to the radio show for a few minutes.

It is God awful. I would rather get a tooth extracted by a grizzley bear than listen to or admit that was my job!

16. Joe Williams says:

The stration’s hot line must be blazing right now. Joe

17. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

EVERYONE CALL THE STATION NOW … DO IT FOR YOUR FAMILY, YOUR UNIT, DO IT FOR THE US ARMY, DO IT FOR YOUR COUNTRY, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD … DO IT FOR EVERLASTING FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY … oh and the exposure of POS like Simon Nytes!

18. FatCircles0311 says:

What was this scumfuck’s relation to the radio station?

Anyone know the story behind Brian Brawdy? I caught some of Doomsday Preppers last night and up came his military affiliation as “Military Weapons Specialist”. He might be legit, but is he claiming SF 18B? that’s the only weapon specialist I’ve heard about in the military. Just curious because that’s all I can find concerning his military claims.

@18, No, he’s claiming to be 18A.

Oops! Sorry, FC, mistook your inquiry to be about Simon Nytes. My mistake.

FatCircles0311: He’s their “evening drive” DJ and also their Program Director.

Station management has been made aware that the video is posted online, and that they probably should consider having the guy “come clean” to get ahead of this one before it snowballs.

22. JDC (OUT FRONT) CAV says:

@21 too late. he is still a pos poser.

23. MCPO getting popcorn says:

It is going to be a long night.

24. Mustang says:

The station also has a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Power965fm

25. JBS says:

I’m not sure but I think this may a try at a practical joke. It looks as though it may be one of Simon Nytes’ modus.

26. Mustang says:

@25 That’s always a possibility but the person who posted the video has over 100 videos going back several years, several of which are “military” in nature.

27. JBS says:

@26 I meant a try at a joke by Simon Nytes against the person who posted the video. I believe the video is real, it’s just that he may have been the brunt of a joke that failed.

28. Mustang says:

Ah, got you.

29. Lucky says:

Joke or no, Simon is a moron, not like that South African Simon from that movie series from a while back, that was a smart, smart Simon

30. MCPO in PJ's with Popcorn says:

Ok. Let’s rock. What time is it in MO and is he on the radio now? You can hear live on web site. Let’s light his ass up.

31. MCPO in PJ's with Popcorn says:

The author of vid if you cross check comes up as Army vet, cross fit trainer, possible Blackwater guy. Bryan hood. I hate bb blobbing … Can’t see shit.

32. ComancheDoc says:

At the tone it is 6:25pm in MO; Beeeeeep…

33. ComancheDoc says:

They’ve posted on their FB page that dude has been fired

ComancheDoc: good news if true. And if true – damn, that was quick.

As well as completely deserved.

35. ComancheDoc says:

Most of us in MO have a fairly good opinion of military service so someone like that doesnt get let off easy.

36. Tony says:

My favorite part was the “ongoing joke” defense.

37. MCPO in PJ's with Popcorn says:

Holy Sweet Mother of Baby Jesus. I was hoping this would play out. Shit what do I do for the rest of the night?

For Pete’s sake, Master Chief, you’re married, aren’t you? You have someone to cuddle with.

I have only Mikey the Large and In Charge.

39. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

@ Ex-PH2 … yeah … I know … I do … But this IS so much fun!

40. malclave says:

@8

It’s an action figure!

Sounds like the radio station was proactive and did the right thing.

Master chief, you already have popcorn.

I highly recommend a chick flick, something with girl tears, so that you may render aid and comfort when the blubbering starts.

Meantime, I shall return to what I was doing before I got sidetracked by another troll.

À bientôt!

43. Old and Tired SNCO says:

This is my first time posting so be gentle. First I want to say kudos to you SF, Ranger, and Seal types. You guys are nuts, in a nice way :). I have been Comm for 30 years, love it but its not what is used to be.
    Anyway, I want to know why these fakers never mention the ribbons the military never issues and we don’t wear but have to many of in our minds. The ribbons we get for leaving our children, missing special days with our families that we can never get back because we believe in what we do.
    I do not mean to demean any military award, the heroes that have them are incredible as are the awards.
    I have enjoyed this blog for a year, reading these posts reminds me of the military I joined, old, dirty, and a little deranged but fun as hell.

44. JBS says:

@37 Before the radio station pulled all this guy’s stuff, he had videos of practical jokes. That’s where my “guess” came from. Not a defense. Alas, I am big enough to admit that it looks as if I was wrong in my guessing. In the end I’m glad he got what he got.

45. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

The web site has scubbed his DNA from content. I wonder how the termination went down.

Station Manager: “Simon, were you ever assigned to DELTA”.

Simon: “No”, as he threw up in his mouth.

Station Manager: “Simon, were you ever in the US Army”.

Simon: “No”, as he wet his pants.

Station Manager: “Simon, were you ever in the armed forces”.

Simon: “No”, as he fell to his knees clutching his chest.

Station Manager: “Simon, you are a pussy, a disgrace to this fine company, you have disrespected the people we serve and the US armed forces. YOU ARE FIRED. GET OUT OF MY OFFICE”.

Chief of Security: “Give me your ID Card and follow me, you piece of shit”.

Simon: “But, but … can I go and clean out my cubicle”?

Chief of Security: “Nope, already done”.

Simon: “But, but … what did you do with my Brady Bunch and Partridge Family collectables … and what about my signed concert ticket stubs from Justin Beiber, Boyz II Men, and the Backstreet Boy”?

Chief of Security: “Oh is that what all that crap was … sorry”, as he tosses the former DJ poser DELTA man out on the sidewalk.

46. Bryan Hood says:

I’m the guy who made the vid. I was informed today that he had been fired. This was not a witch hunt. He just told the wrong lie to the wrong guy. The truth set him free.

47. Anonymous says:

Where is the video? I don’t see anything. Is there a different link?

48. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

Great video. Good job!

49. RunPatRun says:

Must be gone, I saw it once then poof. Served it’s purpose.

Great job, Bryan.