AJ Dicken; most decorated SEAL

| February 15, 2013 | 88 Comments

AJ DICKENS

Our buddy, Dan Noyes, out in San Francisco’s ABC channel 7 reports on a fake SEAL, AJ Dicken, who he busted recently. Dicken claimed to have 35 years in special naval warfare operations, but it turns out that the Navy, nor any other branch of service can verify even a day of military service;

“My wife and I met AJ, we were at a sports bar in Lake Tahoe; he was a bartender,” Harry Vested said.

Unlike most real Navy SEALs the I-Team’s Dan Noyes has met, Vested says Dicken was quick to talk about his exploits and that he wore his credentials openly.

“He had on his, I’ll just call it his Navy SEAL hat, with a trident on the brim and a little identification button on the side with a rank,” Vested said.

Vested is a television producer who thought Dicken’s experience could make a good documentary.

Dicken closed the deal with a DD-214 — discharge papers saying he served 35 years in naval special warfare, 291 classified central intelligence operations, Vietnam, Panama, Iraq, awarded the bronze Star, Silver Star, Navy Cross, two Purple Hearts, six counter-terrorist service medals, and nine presidential citations.

I guess when Dicken claimed that he was the SEAL who shot bin Laden, Vested started getting over his infatuation with Dicken. But not before Dicken took him for $50,000. Noyes also finds other investors in Dicken’s venture to the tune of almost a $million. But stolen valor is a victimless crime.

1. A Proud Infidel says:

Losers like that stupidassed snot-spined poser would tell a crowd of Roman Catholics he’s a Cardinal if he thought he could get away with it! That loser sounds like he’s so stupid, he’d take the #5 bus twice to make up for missing the #10!

Whatta SCHMUCK!!

It looks like Dan Noyes is indeed one of the “good guys”. Well done, Mr. Noyes – and thanks.

3. A Proud Infidel says:

Amen to that, Hondo, I got so steamed over that poser schmuck, I overlooked Noyes’s handiwork, Kudos to him!

4. AW1 Tim says:

Reading these stories so early in the morning is almost enough to drive a man to drink.

5. Islandofmisfittoys says:

Kudos to someone doing their job and doing some research. Stolen Valor and wearing the uniform or doing cute little fake photos for facebook is bad enough this tool took it to a new level with a fake DD-214 and taking peoples money. Is there a way he can be dropped into AF or the NW Provinces of PK and then he can experince some real stuff to talk about.

Tim–you drive me to drink, I’ll pay for the gas.

Hopefully it’s to the bar where this douchetool works so I can dickpunch this worthless fucker. I have a feeling by the end of the day of DBPP (Death By PowerPoint) I’m gonna need to hurt SOMETHING.

7. MSGRetired says:

Wow video is gone already, that didnt take long !

8. MSGRetired says:

Ah its there the link didnt work for some reason ??

9. streetsweeper says:

Holy jumping SEAL shit! That is one hell of a score there, Dan Noyes! *JACKPOT*! I’ll wager this new poser *assclown* will be the number one, king shit poser on our McBallduster list, hands down! Yes Hondo, Dan is one of the good guys. I’m glad that Harry Vestor caught on to his act and rang the bell. I’m trying to figure out how in the hell he could get such a large chunk of money out of those two doctors too. WOW!

10. streetsweeper says:

It’s there, Sarge. I’m replaying it again.

11. Steve says:

How the fuck do these guys get millions of dollars for teaching shit they know nothing about? I’m a freaking SF guy and I cant find a job,lol.

12. Mandrax says:

You know, after watching that video, I think I’m of the mind that his victims deserved to get taken for being so fucking STUPID. This tub of lard was a goddamn bartender claiming to be the most highly decorated SEAL of all time, and it never occurred to any of these fucking idiots to ask around within the Navy Special Warfare community to verify the guy’s credentials? Never occurred to them to spend 5 minutes googling “SEAL verification” and sending out a few emails? None of them ever thought, “hmm, what is this guy doing as a bartender if he has this background…why isn’t he working as a consultant, security contractor, author of a bestselling book, etc?” No, they just accepted everything this disgusting douchebag said at face value… hurrrr durrrr durrr…

Vietnam, huh? How old is this guy? He looks like he’s about 50, maybe 55,so when was he there? When he was 10?

NEVER EVER give someone money without back checking. NEVER!!! These jerks make con artists look like chumps.

Defrauding people is a crime, period. I do hope this chunk of dried bubulum stercus gets hit hard.

Makes one wonder if perhaps operatives of foreign govenments might take care of this issue more swiftly than our schizophrenic justice system would. Some of those guys have no sense of humor whatever.

Geez – this dipstick Dickens may be a good con man, but he can’t count worth a damn.

Noyes’ article says Dickens is 56. That means he was born no earlier than Feb 1956. This in turn means he turned 17 no earlier than Feb 1973.

US combat operations in Vietnam ceased on 28 Mar 1973; the last SEAL advisor left Vietnam that month. Even inf Dickens joined the Navy on his 17th birthday, he would still have been in training at that time.

I’m fairly sure there weren’t any SEALs involved in the evac of Saigon, either. That was pretty much exclusively Air America and USMC/Naval aviation.

Bottom line: Dickens’ claim to have served in Vietnam was stupid – he just ain’t old enough. Anyone with a calculator and Internet access can figure that out.

16. FatCircles0311 says:

How is this turd not in jail yet?

I like the idea of local news being used for public shaming. Keep it up.

17. 68W58 says:

I’m interested to see the second part of this story, any chance of an update tomorrow?

@17. The Noyes piece at Fisco’s KGO-TV ends with this: “Dicken’s conduct on that trip had his entourage fearing for their lives — that story Friday on ABC7 News at 6. You’ll also see how his schemes begin to unravel, when a real Navy SEAL takes him on.” wanna bet there is hair in Dickens’ future?

@16. If Dickens obtained contracts based on claims of specilaized skills which he did not possess,that is fraud. The story just broke yesterday so we’ll see whether criminal and civil actions result. My money says yes, as to both.

19. Sgt Pepper says:

He had six counterterrorism service medals. Wow, I never knew they existed. Never seen one before. They must be some super secret CIA award. I am 55 and when I enlisted, I missed Vietnam by several years. What a douchebag.

20. Hack Stone says:

Well, Hondo, to be fair, I am sure that you have read the book Stolen Valor. There was a segment about a guy running for some local or state election claiming staus as a Vitenam veteran. His opponents wife got a little suspicious, and with littel effort determined that he was amybe 13 or 14 when the Vietnam War ended. His defense? Growing up watching the Vietnam War on the news, this somehow made him a veteran of the war. By that extension, I am a WWII vet, because I grew up watching Hogan’s Heroes. I am sure it’s the same thing with this guy.

Another thing lending credability to a SEAL/Bartender caeer trajectory. Didn’t you know that the food service industry is the logical next step for special warfare personnel? If they aren’t tending bar, they are restocking the salad bar at The Olive Garden.

21. 68W58 says:

2/17 Air Cav-in circumstances like this I’m sure that the chief would make a special visit to the west coast to dish out punishment. That isn’t usually necessary as his hair can reach out across the continent to throttle posers, but in cases like this the chief prefers to be personally present as opposed to being represented by his coiffure.

Hack: certainly have. Burkett and his co-author opened a helluva lot of eyes with that work.

MSGRetired: if the link in the article above doesn’t work for you, try the linked article from KGO-TV. If neither works, you may need to enable scripts to enable the video to play correctly.

23. kp32 says:

@12- I was thinking the same thing. Mary Shantag outed this guy a long time ago and Don Shipley featured him on phony SEAL of the week. It would have taken a few minutes on the google machine.

24. Veritas Omnia Vincit says:

@20 “If they aren’t tending bar, they are restocking the salad bar at The Olive Garden.”

So that’s how Olive Garden keeps up with the endless soup and salad for lunch, highly trained SF tomato trimmers and lettuce crispers…..and SF bartenders specializing in the rimming of a margarita glass with an appropriate amount of salt, thanks for shedding light on a well kept industry secret.

The only thing this dude looks capable of rimming is, well let’s just stop there….

OK, OK, OK. I’m a vetgran of the Korean War, because I watched all seasons of “MASH”, plus all those Army “Big Picture” episodes on the neighbor’s TV when I was 6. I’m an in-country vet of Vietnam because I watched “Tour of Duty” and I’m gonna watch it again on DVDs this afternoon, and I also watched “China Beach” every week. And I was in the Navy during WWII because I watched “Victory At Sea” when it was on TV, and Walter Cronkite’s “Air Power” on Sundays, too.

When does this mierda stop? When do these pataks stop BSsing? I keep hoping I’ll run into one when I have a large cold soda in my hands, so that I can share it with him. (or her)

OOOO! I left out watching “Combat” when I was in high school.

27. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

From CRYPTOME:

10 December 2012

AJ Dicken

——————————————————————————–

A sends:

Subject: UN WSA Africa resources rape and weapon trafficking neo-Nazi

Primary Name: Authur James Dicken

Aliases: AJ Dicken, Arthur James Dicken Jr.

Aurthur James Dicken, a white supremist and convicted felon, carries a full United Nations WSA IGO diplomatic passport and makes claims to be both a retired SEAL as well as current CIA operative. He claims to have worked at Executive Outcomes in Sierra Leone and that he planned that operation with the EO founders.

Dicken has been observed handling weapons that are possibly illegal for felons. (See photos and video captures below). Videos found online indicate he has handled pistols, AR-15s, and even a Barrett .50 calibre rifle.

Dicken is the chief of security and is named as the sole provider of security and logistics for all 28 sovereign nations of WSA (wsaigo.org), part of the United Nations Millenium Goals for 2015/2025. You can see him making presentations during the WSA Burundi meeting back in September 2012.

The diplomatic passport which Dicken carries, along with various forged documents, have been reported to be used in attempts to create international bank accounts and conceal funds.

A (front?) company named “Curtis Whitney Holdings” (aka “CW Holdings”) is known to have provided backing to Dicken with resources and access to partners for resource exploitation in Africa, specifically gold, diamonds, and uranium are primary resources.

Dicken spent at least two weeks in October, 2012 in Burundi, Africa meeting with defense ministers there. See Dicken dressed in tan in photo #4.

Per photographic evidence (Photo #5), it appears that Alian Lemiux, president of the WSA IGO may have first-hand contact with Dicken. The diplomatic passport issuance suggests Dicken has further contacts and alliances within the umbrella of the United Nations.

Don Shipley is not too happy that this is a fake SEAL either:

From the WSA IGO itself there is further info:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make sure we get to see that part, too. PLEASE.

29. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

This guy HAS to be the REAL DEAL.

Look at his tee-shirt and his desert cammie boots.

And 9 Presidential Unit Citations (PUC’s) … count them: nine, 9, 8+1=9, 9-0=9, 3×3=9, 9×1=9, no matter how you score it … he has 9 PUC’s … how many do you have?

The PUC is not awarded very often and he nas NINE …

REAL DEAL!

LOOK IT UP!

30. bullnav says:

Heh. Maybe he was on PARCHE for her entire life. She received 9 PUC’s…

31. A_Proud_Infidel says:

1. Rope.
    2. Tree.
    3. Poser / Conman

Some assembly required.

32. Hack Stone says:

Veritas Omnia Vincit@24, how else does the food service industry keep the recipes of the secret sauces secret unless they are wiiling to avail themselves of America’s finest? Some high school kid making 15 cents over minimum wage would tell Al Qaida or the Republican Guard the ratio of ketchup to mayonaise in a New York minute. These guys would go to the grave keeping that from unauthorized sources.

I like Don’s mom. She’s the real deal.

34. kp32 says:

@29- Master Chief, he’s so awesome that he counts as a unit by himself.

35. Old 21B says:

Isn’t bilking investors the same as lying to score with chicks? I think that is the argument that pro-fakers use.

36. Twist says:

@29, I guess I’m a failure since I only recieved 1 VUA. :)

Yet another combat bartender.

38. Tman says:

Looks like people continue to be fooled.

The thing is this guy probably showed everyone his “credentials” and to the average joe citizen all that paperwork and medals look “legit.”

That’s more than what most poseurs do and they STILL get their claims taken at face value by an ignorant public.

By the way, did he go around showing all his bling to investors? Do people actually go around giving money to people simply because they believe they were super duper secret ops guys? That alone is stupid.

@38.

I had this clown tell me once at a bar that he went to “French Commando School”. Ok.

I ask him what he was in service. A 25 something or another in the Army.(he was also a GO driver in Germany, his duty station).

The General “authorized” him to go. So I ask about his background: no Ranger, no SF, no jump, no nothing. Prerequites if you will.

I call bullshit. So he goes out to his car and brings in this PILE of paperwork. No shit. Seemed he had done that song and dance before.(Divorce going on I guess; his explanation for all of the shit being in his trunk)

He shows me this ratty DD-214. I look it over. The last name is the same but the first is different. It was his brother’ DD-214 from the USMC.

He had a hard time explaining that one. Told him to beat it. He did the duffle bag drag out the door and that was the end of it.

Turd.

Sidenote: his brother received a OTH. Wow. When it rains, it pours.

40. Veritas Omnia Vincit says:

@40 with a name like “Dicken” it’s hard to believe so many folks got “dicked” out of money….

@VOV, there are so many jokes waiting to be told in that name.

The way this tool acts, his name should be “I. M. Richard Head”.

43. Don Everson says:

This asswipe still have a facebook page ?

44. kp32 says:

On the sales contract, he is identified as ‘CMC,’ which is Construction Mechanic Chief (a Seabee Rate). High-year tenure for Chief is 24 years. But other than that, he’s legit.

45. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

@ 45 … He claimed Command Master Chief (CMC) of ST-6.

I can certify with 100 % confidence he was never a CMC!

46. C2/2000AF says:

I remember this guy being outed by Shipley with his comical tactics training. Only a matter of time before he resurfaced. all that money he conned, looking like he has a nice house in a nice neighborhood. I wonder if his wife knows how messed up he is.

47. Luke says:

How is this not fraud? The lie is shameful but not illegal. I get that. However, lying to bilk investors is fraud and totally illegal. I bet the court burns this POS.

48. Tman says:

lol Green Thumb, what a tool.

another way to spot poseurs is when they have mounds of paperwork and medals to conveniently show off in their car trunks lol

Has anyone investigated this clown for tax fraud?

50. Anonymous says:

@46- Master Chief, CMDCM? Maybe I’m being too technical. I have verbally heard CMC, but not seen as an actual title, but you’ve been around longer than me.