Feel good Wednesday story

| February 20, 2013 | 18 Comments

UpNorth sends today’s feel good story – this one strangely enough, comes from California when an armed thief entered a store looking for an easy cash withdrawal. The employees had been robbed before and drew a line in the sand – one drilled the thug;

According to Ramos, the shooting appeared to be justified, but the investigation was still in its early stages.

“You can use deadly force if you decide your life is in imminent danger. This guy comes in with a gun, you can assume he intends to do you harm,” said Sgt. Ramos.

Officials continue to question store employees, witnesses and review surveillance footage.

Sacramento residents are marginally safer today.

Category: Crime

1. MCPO NYC USN (Ret.) says:

Thank you SGT Ramos for speaking clearly on this one:

“YOU can use deadly force if YOU decide YOUR life is in imminent danger. This guy comes in with a gun, YOU can assume he intends to do YOU harm,” said Sgt. Ramos.

2. MAJMike says:

I guess he wasn’t collecting for the Red Cross.

3. streetsweeper says:

It’s a two fer day!

4. streetsweeper says:

Kudo’s to the employee’s. Sgt. Ramos and his officers don’t have to worry about finding this one.

Some years ago, in a sleepy little corner of Baltimore County, Maryland, two guys walked into a bank to rob it. They walked the employees to the bank’s vault and executed each of them. I have never forgotten that sad story.

There will always be folks who advise compliance with the demands of someone holding a gun. There’s only one reason the gun is there. In this case, an employee realized that. It took one shot to end the threat. Nice.

6. OldSoldier54 says:

@6 Air Cav

EXACTLY.

7. pigmypuncher says:

Sadly, I suspect they will ultimately be terminated for their choice to protect themselves….

8. Stuart Clark says:

Living in the Sacramento area, I know that area well; high crime area. Good on her!!! I never go around that area unless I’m carrying.

9. UpNorth says:

@6. Exactly, like OldSoldier said. If he/she is carrying a gun, you can plan on them being ready to use it on you.

10. A Proud Infidel says:

…And one less punk that the taxpayers have to feed, clothe, and bed!

11. Veritas Omnia Vincit says:

Two dead pieces of human garbage, and no dead taxpayers and decent citizens….indeed a very good story and outcome.

At some point we need to make criminals fear us instead of the other way around, we don’t kill nearly enough violent criminals. We waste valuable prison space and tax dollars warehousing people who have a zero chance of being re-integrated into society as functional, decent taxpaying contributors. Perhaps if we start looking at what outcome we are trying to achieve with incarceration and release into society it will be easier to determine what criminals should be put to death because they will never be anything other than a predatory parasite. Prison should be a place of punishment for those who will be capable of reintegration some day after they serve their time and learn some useful civilian skills. It should not be a long term warehouse where gangs can dictate the behavior, super max should be a short term facility until we put their useless, parasitic bodies into the ground. Criminals should fear super max because they know it is a death sentence, they shouldn’t consider it a way point on their rise in the gang hierarchy.

Once you decide the best way for you to advance in our society is the use of violence to separate an honest person from their property or life, you should understand that we as a decent society no longer care about you or your life and that we intend to make it as short and hellish as possible until you are no longer among the living.

I’m not even torn on this one. Good for her.

13. Dirt Dart says:

I know- great story: but its all fun and games when the crusading DA or ADA want to charge her with some BULLS*&^ crime to mke them look good. I have no faith in California Legal or Politcal System

14. FatCircles0311 says:

I like how the news kept their political correctness and is calling the dead guy killed during a robbery a “suspect”.

God bless you California.

I have no faith in California Legal or Politcal System

Which is why I left. Seven years and still don’t miss it.

16. Dirt Dart says:

Me Too, 14 years and still hating it! I’d turn the keys if they let me…

17. Roger in Republic says:

@15. While he was not proven guilty, I suspect that he will still be DEAD this time tomorrow.