Yesterday, I wrote about Afgan President Karzai’s contention that special forces troops had been misbehaving in Wardak Province in Afghanistan and that they had two weeks to withdraw from operations there. Not surprisingly, NATO has found no evidence of malfeasance on the part of troops there says the Associated Press.
German Gen. Gunter Katz said on Monday that the International Security Assistance Force will work with the government to find a solution to the concerns of Afghans.
Katz’s comments come a day after President Hamid Karzai ordered all U.S. special forces to leave Wardak province within two weeks because of allegations that Afghans working with them are torturing and abusing other Afghans.
The article ends with the comment that Karzai’s order came as a surprise. Really? He’s been interfering in operations since before this administration took over the war with his persistent blather worried more about his peace talks with the Taliban than prosecuting the war against them. There should be a foot race back to the airbases with everything the troops can carry on their backs and withdraw in order to hasten the inevitable beheading of Karzai by Taliban forces.