Obama staff were briefed that Benghazi was an attack not a protest

| January 15, 2014 | 9 Comments

Paul sends us a link to Fox News which reports that when AFRICOM commander, General Carter Ham briefed the president’s staff on the events at the consulate in Benghazi on September 11th, 2012, he told them that it was an attack, not a protest over a video;

“In your discussions with General Dempsey and Secretary Panetta,” McKeon asked, “was there any mention of a demonstration or was all discussion about an attack?” Ham initially testified that there was some “peripheral” discussion of this subject, but added “at that initial meeting, we knew that a U.S. facility had been attacked and was under attack, and we knew at that point that we had two individuals, Ambassador Stevens and Mr. [Sean] Smith, unaccounted for.”

Rep. Brad Wenstrup, R-Ohio, a first-term lawmaker with experience as an Iraq war veteran and Army reserve officer, pressed Ham further on the point, prodding the 29-year Army veteran to admit that “the nature of the conversation” he had with Panetta and Dempsey was that “this was a terrorist attack.”

Category: Barack Obama/Joe Biden, Terror War

Loading Facebook Comments ...

Comments (9)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. 2/17 Air Cav says:

    These guys slay me. There were a thousand and one opportunities since 11 September 2012 to get some truth out to the public and none of them, to protect their own assess, took one of those opportunities. Instead, after 16 months, and a mopuntain of lies and circumventing games, a few legislators are pulling out some truth, bit by bit. I wish that, like Cousin Vinnie, the quiestioners, when finished questioning each, would say, “I got no more use for this guy.” This whole sordid tale is sickening, as are each of these clowns who have kept their mouths shut for their own benefit. F each of them, the hard way.

  2. Hondo says:

    So, I guess this means that the current administration lied through its teeth concerning Benghazi.

    I’m shocked, shocked at such conduct from this administration.

  3. OWB says:

    This is my shocked face…

    Oh, never mind.

  4. RM3(SS) says:

    Yet in the mainstream media, crickets about this. But hey! look at the shiny objects, and American Idol is on tonight!
    Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.

  5. 68W58 says:

    They don’t have to come clean because they know that the media will cover for them and enough people will either be fooled or won’t care. Lefties hate the concept of responsibility-nothing is ever anyone’s fault (except for their political enemies who are the source of all the world’s problems). Because they are so self evidently good and well-intentioned they obviously get a pass on anything that goes wrong.

    This is the ideology that rules the country today.

  6. Bobo says:

    That might explain the early change of command at AFRICOM and retirement.

  7. Sparks says:

    The mainstream media has always played the three card monte with the American masses in favor of the liberal administration. That is why “All of the world is watching America and all of America is watching…TV”. Sad state of affairs.

  8. Flagwaver says:

    I’m surprised nobody in the media has mentioned how racist any of these people are to contradict what the messiah-in-chief said.

    Personally, everyone KNEW it was an attack. The administration just needed to hold the truth off for politics until after the election. Afterwards, what difference does it make? They won.

  9. David says:

    It wasn’t a demonstration over a YouTube video that got a little out of hand? I’m shocked…SHOCKED, to learn this.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *