Friday morning feel good stories

| February 17, 2017

Wilted Willy sends us a link from St Petersburg, Florida where an intruder was shot by the woman who lived in the home that he was invading. He’s expected to survive his injuries.

A 22-year veteran police officer was on his way home from work, in Houston, Texas when his alarm company notified him of an intruder in his home. When the officer arrived there, the thief confronted him with a pickle fork so the officer shot him in the leg. The crook is expected to recover.

24-year-old Tre’von Johnson approached a victim in St Louis County, Missouri and attempted to rob him. A neighbor saw him pull a gun on the victim, so the neighbor pulled his own gun and shot the criminal a number of times. Johnson drove himself to the hospital where police matched descriptions of the thief and the caliber of the bullet holes.

Category: Feel Good Stories

Three perps; all three are in custody after undergoing high-speed heavy metal injection therapy under unsanitary field conditions.

In baseball terms, that’s a 3-for-3 day with 3 extra-base hits. Helluva good day at the plate for the armed citizens.

• Deplorable B Woodman says:

But no “D”s (DOT, DRT, etc). That means the taxpayer is on the hook for these miscreants; medical care, trial, jail.

• Devtun says:

How is the prison industrial complex supposed to survive if you keep DRTing the BGs? Man, think about the jerbs that would be lost.

2. Doc Savage says:

*sigh*…center mass, people…center mass.

• Hondo says:

With modern trauma care, sometimes even that isn’t enough. But it does usually result in a perp that’s severely injured and thus off the streets – as well as a living intended victim.

• Graybeard says:

True. The Houston trauma hospital Ben Taub is especially skilled at taking folks with knife-wounds to the heart and keeping them alive. Their bullet-wound care is impressive as well.

If a perp survives (s)he at least has some time to contemplate his/her choices.

• Doc Savage says:

I’m not one to preach about home defense rounds, but I find that my wife’s 10mm using 180gr Hydra-Shok JHP leaves a rather nasty cavitation and wound tract that is usually hard to survive even if the perp is on the door step of a Level I trauma room ( I was shooting gelatin )

I don’t like to leave a home invader any energy to continue an attack or move further into my home.

*note: the above pic is not mine.

3. 26Limabeans says:

“she shot him with a large caliber revolver”

Apparently not large enough for a permanent fix to the threat.
    Always use the largest caliber that you feel safe and confident of your ability with.
    Small bullets may expand but big ones don’t have to. Small bullets may travel at high velocity and cause a thru and thru wound that could injure an innocent person.
    Big bullets don’t have that problem.
    Yeah, I’m a big fan of the .45 ACP.

• Mick says:

‘…The bullet’s center-post hollow-point design provides optimized penetration with consistent, threat-stopping expansion.’

• 26Limabeans says:

Yep, that’s my round. I tried the 165gr version but felt it was to light for me.
        The recoil is not much less either.
        “More mass center mass”

• Doc Savage says:

“Federal Premium® Personal Defense® Hydra-Shok® .45 ACP 230gr jacketed hollow-point ammunition.”

This right here; That’s my brand, though I use the 10mm 180gr.

• Graybeard says:

I remember an account of a US service member who was shot at point-blank range by an insurgent in Iraq using a .45ACP – and shot the insurgent dead. The bullet hit his jaw and exited under his right ear, if I remember correctly. (Continuing to points unknown, BTW.)

I keep preaching “Location, location, location.” Depending on bullet size alone is foolish.

• Devtun says:

Handguns aren’t death rays (9MM, 45 ACP or even 44 mags) as the old saying goes. They are a trade off for portability, and simply lack the energy to inflict massive tissue trauma of a rifle round.

4. Dapandico says:

Tre’Von didn’t join the other Trayvon aka St. Skittles.

5. 1610desig says:

“Tre’von”…..such wasted potential…

6. Foxbat40 says:

Someone brought a fork to a gun fight….

• HMC Ret says:

Not just a fork, a damn pickle fork. I didn’t know such a thing existed.

Motto: Never bring a pickle fork to a gunfight.

7. Skyjumper says:

HMC Ret, other than the “stabbing dill pickles” type fork, there is also one for removing “ball joints”.

There’s an opening for comments. 😉

8. NR Pax says:

You know how people complain that folks given names like “Tre’von” get stereotyped? This might contribute to that line of thought.