Mike Webb revisited

| April 21, 2017 | 188 Comments

You might remember Mike Webb from last year when he ran for a congressional seat in Virginia. Webb’s strategy revolved around his military career, hinged on his time as the legal clerk for one of the Ranger Battalions.

He became famous when he used screen shots that included his pr0n habits.

He made an appearance on the Daily Show because of that gaffe. They wrote about him in the Washington Post and at Daily Caller. When he lost the primary election, he looked around for someone to blame for his loss, and, of course, it was TAH. He tried to get the Commonwealth of Virginia to pay for his lawsuit against us for disparaging his reputation. Luckily, the judge declined to participate.

That election didn’t assuage his political aspirations, though. Now he’s running for a local school board seat. His strategy this time is to change his name to include his rank when he retired from the Virginia National Guard. He sent this out yesterday;

The main reason that he fails in these elections is because he comes off as a nut, things like this don’t change that perspective of the voting public.

Category: General Whackos

1. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Another fake Ranger running for a School Board seat? I’m sure that turds like him run for seats like that due to local elections having low voter turnout, thus he sees an easy meal ticket.

• Toasty Coastie says:

Turds don’t run Proud….they roll…

Sorry way to early to adult right now haha!

• Commissar says:

If he graduated rip and served in a battalion he is not a fake ranger.

• Ex-PH2 says:

English, Lars, do you speak it? He was a LEGAL CLERK for a Ranger battalion.

Not enough caffeine yet, huh?

• Commissar says:

Yes, he graduated RASP and served in regiment so he was a ranger. He earned the scroll. That is a fact. Your lack of understanding of how people become a ranger does not change that.

• Irving Percival Finklestein says:

Many Vets including myself do not consider one to be a U.S. Army Ranger unless they have completed the school and earned their tab. The flake mentioned in this thread had a rear echelon job as a member of the Regiment and has paraded himself around like a retarded version of a circus clown like you do every time you screech here while wetting your britches in front of us.

• Commissar says:

It does not matter what “many vets” feel. The regiment considers soldiers who completed RASP/RIP and earned the scroll as “rangers”. So he was a former ranger.

• IDC SARC says:

The verbiage based in opinion seems to be coming from you.

I understand what you’re point is, but these aren’t vets…these are active duty troops and the Ranger that has the administrative authority at this command.As I said, this has been consistent as long as I’ve been here and when I was a student. The Navy guys in the SARC pipeline have graduated BRC, but until they graduate the pipeline…they aren’t SARCs.

If going to RIP/RASP makes you a Ranger, then why is awarding the tab dependent upon graduating Ranger School?

• IDC SARC says:

ADDENDUM: I just polled the Tabbed Rangers and RIP/RASP guys I’m teaching and short story without be stating my opinion…they explained it the same way I just did.

so..carry on

• Commissar says:

Two different rangers. Ranger regiment rangers. Serving in the special operations community in ranger regiment and ranger school rangers. Graduatesof ranger school. Both are “rangers”. You do not need to graduate ranger school to serve in regiment. And graduating ranger school does not mean you will serve in regiment. One is a school and the other is essentially a way of life. Serving in a ranger regiment is a challenging assignment. Even for a clerk. The standards and expectations are high and everyone is expected to meet them regardless of MOS or duty position.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Can you improve your Composition and Grammar skills to that above a third grade level when you’re babbling like the angry little POOP STAIN you’re being today?

• IDC SARC says:

When I spoke to the barrel chested freedom fighters I didn’t use the verbiage in a way it included the word regiment when I questioned them.

I just used it here, because I am not experienced with the actual organization of the ranger community.

I’m not trying to change your mind, just understand the truth and since I’m pretty much getting it from the source community …well…carry on

• Jonp says:

I’d give it up, lars. IDC SARC just punked you big time. I’m kinda believing him at this point

• 2/17 Air Cav says:

When we did that cadence thing in BCT, “I want to be an Airborne Ranger; I want to live a life of danger…,” we were singing about a legal clerk? Sonuvabitch.

• ArmyATC says:

From all accounts, Webb never attended Airborne school – a requirement to be a Ranger – and supposedly only finished two weeks of what was then a three week program. That does not a Ranger make.

• Commissar says:

He graduated airborne school. And he served in regiment. To serve in regiment he almost certainly graduated RASP. And he claims he did.

• rgr769 says:

He was a very REMFy REMF. Calling himself a Ranger as a legal clerk and implying he served in combat says it all for me. He is a phony embellisher as far as we are concerned. Likely, the only time he was ever a trigger-puller was on the rifle range in basic. The fact that he changed his first name to “Major” says it all. Anyone stupid enough to vote for him deserves what they will get.

• UpNorth says:

Almost certainly“? Talk about trying to parse things.
                Shouldn’t you be circling the campus at Berzerkley, looking for someone to hit with a bicycle lock wrapped in a sock?

• Ex-PH2 says:

Oh, shit! I didn’t read that one. I went to get some lunch. That is the MOST priceless piece of dumbassery EVER! And it came out of YOUR EMPTY HEAD, too!!! Holy Cow!

‘To serve in regiment he almost certainly graduated RASP.’ No, he did NOT even attend RASP. He dropped out or was dismissed from RI after two weeks.

In what part of your demented, addled mind, LARS TAYLOR, does working as legal clerk translate to graduating from RASP?

That is THE DUMBEST thing you have said so far this year. It really is. It is EXACTLY the same thing as saying that an SK2, storekeeper, someone who is in support JUST LIKE WEBB, working for a SEAL team in Coronado or Virgnia, is a SEAL, just by being associated with the Teams. And since the Teams consist of several SpecOps Units within them, that requires figuring out which Unit and which Team the SK2 belongs to. Obviously, a storekeeper will be along to do inventory on bullets fired and MREs consumed! How many pairs of socks are needed!

Webb dropped or was dismissed from RI after two weeks. He therefor did not attend or graduate from RASP.

But YOU, Oh, Lars the High and Mighty Cloud Dwelling Leafless Twig, have determined that even though Webb dropped a preliminary screening after TWO WEEKS of a THREE WEEK course, he somehow still went gallivanting off to RASP, the REAL Ranger training, even though he didn’t.

I will tell everyone I can find that all you have to do now to graduate from BUD/S is go over to Great Lakes, swim a couple of laps, hold your breath underwater for a couple of minutes, take a stroll through one of the local forest preserves with a picnic lunch and a blanket, and you’ll get your SEAL/BUD/S quals certification right on the spot!!!

Meantime, I will be over here in the corner, breathless with anticipation over how many more ways you can find to embarrass yourself in public like this.

Have a nice weekend.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

“Am I alone in thinking that LARS TAYLOR is so far off the deep end that he needs a tow into shore?”

IMHO that would likely be a waste of time because as soon as you or anyone else began to tow him toward reality I’m certain that he would cuss you for trying to help while he cut the rope and paddled himself further away from the proverbial shore.

• Cris says:

As an artillery Ops Chief, I served in an infantry battalion as the 81mm Mortars Plt Sgt. It doesn’t give me the right to claim to be an infantryman.
                    Party w/ Arty

• The Other Whitey says:

Nah, give him an anchor on a 6-foot chain.

• Jonp says:

I went through Recondo School and Jump School. That makes me Rangery, right?

• Ex-PH2 says:

Your lack of understanding is a plain as the nose on your silly face, Lars, you dumb stump-sucking twig.

Military education: Legal Specialist – 12 wks APR 92; Combat Lifesaver Course 1 wk JAN 94; OCS 14 wks 2-94 APR 94; NOTHING FOLLOWS.

I don’t see anything in there about Rangers or Ranger training.

Oh, yeah: “His time at the 2/75th Rangers was spent as the battalion legal clerk – a Specialist (E-4.” “He wants you to think that he was an infantryman while he was there, but he really wasn’t. …he’s saying that because he completed two weeks of the Ranger Indoctrination Program, he’s a Airborne Ranger. I’m not sure how changing the name of RIP to RASP saved lives, but there you go.”

That’s from the original post on Webb. So, see, Lars, he didn’t complete RASP, he just thinks he did.

I said you were at least 10 degrees smarter than Webb, but I was wrong. Your comprehension level is somewhere below 1 degree more than his, between 1 and ZERO.

• Commissar says:

Assessment programs do not necessarily get entered on DD214s. Because they are not regarded as training courses. I completed SFAS and only one of my DD214s has it. And that may have been an error on the part of the guy that prepared it.

• IDC SARC says:

I dunno, I never got to go to Ranger school, but where I work and have been stationed and assigned as an NCOIC, none of the students here from the regiment are considered Rangers until they’re tabbed….The RIs we’ve had over the years have been consistent in expressing that.

• Commissar says:

I think you are conflating ranger school with serving in regiment. If you graduate rasp and serve in regiment you earn the scroll and tan beret. You are a ranger. If you go to ranger school you are again not considered a ranger until you graduate. But that is for the training culture of the school. Though in most cases a person from the regiment who fails out of ranger school will be kicked out of regiment.

• Commissar says:

Besides, that is his OCS DD214. Only schools and training he completed during that period of active service are likely to be listed. He ranger service was enlisted and would be on a prior DD214.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Hogwash. He was a legal clerk for a Ranger battalion. He did NOT complete RI, left after the 2nd week, and did NOT attend RASP. He was NOT a Ranger, period. He was a law clerk. PERIOD. And THAT comes from ALL 3 of his DDs posted.
              So – You’re wrong, as usual, and you just get more and more wrong because you lack comprehension and attention to detail.

• Just An Old Dog says:

Don’t spill the truth on Lars.
                I would have hated to be in the same unit as Lars.
                As a senior NCO you can make or break an officer. Lars is the type I would have broken, not that he would need much help.
                He comes off as the type that was made the battalion volleyball equipment management officer.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Babble, babble, babble, babble.

• Ex-PH2 says:

And IN CONCLUSION, LARS, get your eyes checked. You must be as blind as a prehensile toad moth.

HE DID NOT ATTEND RANGER SCHOOL. HE IS NOT WEARING A RANGER TAB. HE IS NOT A RANGER.

• Club Manager says:

Having had the privilege of serving two tours support rangers (i.e. Fort Lewis and Dugway PG), this dirt bag was NOT an Army Ranger because RANGERS LEAD THE WAY! Take what courses you want, put what you want on your uniform, but unless you graduate the full multi phase ranger course and serve with a Ranger Regiment in a company, just like with the Air Cav, you ain’t shit. Ummmm, may have to modify that because this turd is certainly a piece of shit.

2. sj says:

His FB page is mind numbing. Worth a scroll through but you probably won’t be able to stand it for long.

3. Combat Historian says:

This major really is a minor, and a rather petulant one too…

4. The Other Whitey says:

This guy’s a got the intellect of Lars Taylor!

• Ex-PH2 says:

Oh, puh-leezze! Lars is at least 10 degrees smarter than this leafless twig.

• Commissar says:

This kind of name dropping is unnecessary. Nobody is impressed that you pretend to know me.

• Der Kommissar says:

You are more right than you could ever know!

• Ex-PH2 says:

Amazing, isn’t it? You drop the breadcrumbs and the dickiebird shows up. That was far too easy.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Someone’s up in the Peoples’s Republic and all “wee-wee’d” up this morning…

How are you doing, LARS TAYLOR?

• Commissar says:

Please stop using my full name in posts. That is something most online communities respect. Why a community of veterans is incapable of that basic courtesy is beyond me.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Wow, what did I do to earn the word “please” in a post from you? And in a very well written post!

I don’t know what to say…

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Also, you talk about basic courtesy, yet you treat others with disdain, such as the following statement:

“worthless little spineless shitbag troll”

“Treat others as you would want to be treated” is some good advice for you to follow, especially if you want things to change here for you…

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

As usual, you’re about as thick-skinned as an overinflated rubber balloon, Babbles McButthead!

• Commissar says:

Use you real name if you think I am being thin skinned about it.

• Commissar says:

And calling a former ranger out for being a fake ranger when he wasn’t makes you an ignorant shitbag.

• Commissar says:

And doing it anonymously makes you spineless.

• 2/17 Air Cav says:

As I’ve asked previously, is Commissar your first or last name? Sure, we know who you are, Lars Taylor, but that’s only b/c you phuked up earlier on in visiting here. So, it comes across as more than a tad silly for a guy using his (what’s it, now?) 5th or 6th screen name to call out anyone wise enough not to post under his actual name.

• Commissar says:

My “Fuck up” was not realizing so many spineless little shitbag trolls and posers this board contained. I posted using my real name to stand by my posts. Which I am still willing to do. What is bullshit is the tendency for the posers on this board to use my name in their posts.

• 2/17 Air Cav says:

That makes no sense whatsoever and is wholly beside the point, which is that you call a coward and spineless all of us who do not, for damn good reasons, use our real names and, yet, neither do you. Go back to using Lars Taylor and you’ll still be dead wrong but, at least, consistent.

• Hondo says:

Thus Spake der Poodle:

No. Not even close to the truth.

Your screw-up was fourfold. And it was the result of your own shortcomings.

First, you didn’t bother to do your homework before running your yap. Had you done so, you’d have realized there is a damn good reason many here choose to remain anonymous.

Second, you made at least two assumptions. The first was that your Berkeley “brethren” would never see the site. The second was that you were smarter than anyone else here. In both cases your assumption resulted in the first four letters of the word: “Ass U”.

Your third screw-up was acting like an omniscient and infallible sage when in fact you were little more than an intellectually lazy Leftist parrot with few if any original ideas. Then when you got heat for both your opinions and lack of backing for same, you “doubled-down” by going into full-blown insufferable jerk mode.

Finally, your fourth screw-up was in being a damned hypocrite. You yourself freely chose to comment here initially using your real name. You did that because you were too damn lazy to think things through and/or do your homework ahead of time. You later realized that had a downside – your Berkeley acquaintances might see what you said here and disapprove. But rather than man up and accept the consequences of your screw-up, you then tried – and continue to try – to blame others for the predictable results of your own mistake. In other words, you were a “good little Leftist” in that respect; you tried to blame others for your own errors and shortcomings.

How about you simply man up and accept responsibility for your own actions? And, for good measure, why don’t you also quit acting like a complete a-hole?

• Eden says:

Give it up, Lars. You are bringing upon yourself every epithet and insult heaped on you. You earned it, now own it. Every time you open your pie hole here, you succeed in earning yourself another round of the same. A person with even an iota of intelligence and self-respect would have either fixed his stuff or disappeared long before now. It is clear you have neither intelligence nor self-respect.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Ain’t you an angry little POOP STAIN today! 😝😄😎

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Uh, OH!!! Now you’ve done it!!! LARS TAYLOR IS WEEELY ANGREEE!!!!

• The Other Whitey says:

We know all we need to know about you, Lars. Including your name, which you proclaimed for months, then bitched when othersccalled you by it. You’ve continually put your arrogance, hypocrisy, laziness, stupidity, and pathetic insecurities on display for all to see, so do you really want to talk about who doesn’t impress anyone?

• Eden says:

No one is pretending to know you, Lars. If you wouldn’t throw a wall-eyed fit every time someone uses your real name, no one would bother with it. I think you just crave the attention it gives you.

5. Retired Grunt says:

If he is retired, and he was a Major at that time, he can already use that honorific. He did not have to change his name.

• Ex-PH2 says:

If he’s retired, isn’t he getting a pension? He could put himself to good use by doing Meals on Wheels thing for shut-ins, or ferrying vets to appointments if he’s bored. But noooooo! He has to make a public ass of himself, how many times now?

• Commissar says:

If it is a reserve retirement he does not collect it until 60 minus one month for each month served in a combat zone. So for him…. 60.

• Mike Miller says:

I agree. The petition Webb filed requesting waiver of court filing fees and costs for his frivolous lawsuit against John stated that Webb was receiving VA 100% service connected disability compensation which Webb said is for a diagnosis of bi-polar disorder. The strange thing is that Webb later said that before he enlisted, he had to drop out of college for a year because of bi-polar disorder and even posted a copy of his doctor’s diagnosis. Since bi-polar disorder is a serious life-long illness and it was severe enough to force him out of college for a year, it seems unlikely that the Army would have accepted such an applicant if it had known about his mental illness. It raises the question of whether Webb disclosed his mental illness on his enlistment application or lied.

He’s also on his 2nd 26 months of DC unemployment compensation of $425/wk after being fired from his last job for gross misconduct, according to the termination letter and DC UI payment documents on his Facebook page.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Hmmm, maybe a possible case of Fraudulent Enlistment? I see more layers of his cake that are yet to be revealed.

“He’s also on his 2nd 26 months of DC unemployment compensation of $425/wk after being fired from his last job for gross misconduct,…”

I wonder what we’ll find next? It’s obvious that Stolen Valor is the rancid cherry atop yet another Shit Sundae.

• Retired Grunt says:

If he was able to get in without that diagnosis being discovered then under military rules after seven years the military owns the problem.

I’m changing my name to Charles Michael Oscar Mann and, when the court order is received, I will be able to identify myself as a CMOH recipient.

Except that last name and initial pose a problem. Beat yer to it!

Dude really does need to find a new hobby, one that pays him cash, doesn’t require explaining himself to people, or looking any dumber than he is.

9. 26Limabeans says:

Anybody remember Major Mudd?

10. Club Manager says:

There is a retired colonel who legally changed his first name to colonel so he could get it on the ballot because titles are not permitted in Arkansas. Thankfully he has never been elected. He claimed he was entitled to use “colonel” on the ballot because it was his nickname, and we permit nicknames. I caught it and Secretary of State removed it. It was about then son-in-law completed C&GS and I went off on this jerk big-time knowing what son-in-law had to go through with getting his tickets punched and mandatory education to deserve being promoted to LTC; and the sacrifices our daughter made to support him. To her credit, she never joined the Officers’ Wives Club and now that I think about it, neither did her mother. I told this “colonel” he didn’t sell fried chicken (Colonel Sanders) and didn’t manage Elvis (Colonel Parker); his rank was earned not bestowed, but maybe in his case it was not. Thankfully he has not surfaced lately but people like him are like a bad penny.

11. Cpl/Major Mike says:

I might have to change my name to avoid the confusion.

12. HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Should have changed his name to Major Jack Ass… and that FB page is real crazy.

Just what a local school board needs… NOT!

13. Mick says:

ex-OS2:

Bring it.

Cleared hot.

Is this because it’s Friday in the middle of Spring, and the Crackpot Hidden Underground Dopes are emerging from their cocoons?

15. ChipNASA says:

Again, unless there’s a massive backlash from the TAH community, the only Wall of Insults®™ this guy is going to get is this…

Fuck You, you Lying Jerkoff. I hope you enjoy your Internet Fame. Your Mom should have swallowed.

16. Nicki says:

How desperate for attention and respect do you have to be to change your name to your military rank? Seriously, this guy is desperate to ride his rather unremarkable military service to a modicum of respect. Also, since he’s bankrupt and crazy, he probably thinks this will deflect the attention away from that and direct people to his veteran status. No amount of “LOOK AT ME! I’M A VETERAN! I’M A RETIRED MAJOR! YEAH! MAJOR!” is going to deflect from the fact that he’s a loon.

Trying to get around kids?

Fuck this dude.

18. Yef says:

Was he really a MAJ?

19. Commissar says:

This guy may be a crackpot.

However, it appears he graduated airborne school and the Ranger Assessment and Selection Program and served in the regiment. Which means he earned his scroll and justly can refer to himself as a former ranger, regardless of the MOS he held in the regiment.

Calling him out on his other bullshit is one thing. But implying he is a liar for calling himself a former ranger is bullshit.

As for the RIP changed to RASP; the recruiter gave him a nonsense answer but the name RIP was changed to RASP. Probably to be in line with the names of other special operations assessment and selection processes.

20. Dennis - not chevy says:

‘Remember Catch-22 when Captain Major Major Major was promoted to Major by Ex-PFC Wintergreen? Beauty book, eh?

21. ex-OS2 says:

Is it just me or does Lars have a hard-on for Mike Webb? By the looks of how he is slurping over him, one would think they are newlyweds.

• Commissar says:

No. I think he is a nitwit.

But, I think it is bullshit that a bunch of “veterans” are calling out another veteran for being a liar when he likely was not lying. They just do not understand how someone can serve as a “ranger” in a non-combat MOS or without graduating ranger school.

They can, and it appears he did. You certainly have not shown he didn’t. But called him out as a liar anyway.

• ex-OS2 says:

“But called him out as a liar anyway.”

I did? Where?

• UpNorth says:

Lars, “likely” and “almost certainly” don’t mean what you obviously think they mean.

• Silentium Est Aureum says:

You and Webb are two “ossifers” who would likely have had something akin to the following on your fitness reports:

“His troops faithfully follow him, if only because of morbid curiosity, and witness what he will fuck up next.”

• Ex-PH2 says:

In what part of your demented, addled mind, LARS TAYLOR, does working as legal clerk translate to graduating from Ranger school?

YOU, Oh, Lars the High and Mighty Cloud-Dwelling Leafless Twit, have determined that even though Webb dropped a preliminary screening after TWO WEEKS of a THREE WEEK course, he somehow still went gallivanting off to the REAL Ranger training, even though he did not.

He did NOT get a tab. He did NOT get a scroll. HE DID NOT QUALIFY AS ANYTHING RANGER. He was a law clerk. That’s ALL.

Geez, if working in support, which is what a legal clerk is doing, is all it takes to be a Ranger, than I’ll just let every wannabe SEAL know that all you have to do is go over to Great Lakes, swim a couple of laps, try not to drown, take a brief hike in the forest preserve and get picture while you’re at it, and then go back to your job as storekeeper WORKING FOR A SEAL TEAM, because YOU are a SEAL BY ASSOCIATION, juts like Webb is a RANGER BY ASSOCIATION in Lars Taylor’s brain locker.

Have a nice weekend

• 2/75 says:

Lars is right on this one, and you’re being a ridiculous old lady (I say this as a guy who disagrees with everything else Lars has ever said). Your comparison to BUDS being a couple of laps around a lake is terrible and it shows a highly overactive imagination with no grounding in reality.

You have no idea what RIP is, and you are not qualified to declare others a Ranger or not.

I dare you to go over to this forum and call out every untabbed bitch, saying they are not a real Ranger https://armyranger.com/forums.html

I dare you to e-mail Marty Skovlund and tell him he’s not a real Ranger. I dare you to e-mail Leo Jenkins and tell him he’s not a real Ranger.

I dare you to go to the 75th Ranger Regiment facebook page and tell every PFC who has been KIA (they put their pictures up every day) that they weren’t real Rangers.

I dare you to tell Jonn that he wasn’t a real Ranger. He may deny it, but Jonn was a legit Ranger, and I consider him a brother.

Just shut up and let Lars have this one. Webb was a Ranger. That doesn’t make him a good person, or even a competent soldier. Some of the worst soldiers I know graduated RIP/ROP and RASP, and some of the biggest idiots I know passed SFAS and the Q course. That doesn’t make them good people or good soldiers, it just means they can suck up a certain amount of pain. It also does not, for that matter, strip them of their accomplishment.

Nobody in Batt gives a shit about this guy, honestly, but he graduated RIP, so he’s a Ranger. Batt needs cooks and clerks because we don’t want people who haven’t been through what we have been through to be anywhere near us. As a result, we get some shitbags and they are dealt with. Not nearly as much as everywhere else in the Army. I’m not sure anyone at Batt gives a shit about old people who don’t know what they are talking about moving the goalposts either. He and I are in the same tribe. He’s a weakling, reject member of that tribe, and I don’t claim him or want association with him, but he’s a member just the same.

• ex-OS2 says:

“and you’re being a ridiculous old lady”

I triple-dog dare you to say that to Ex-PH2 face to face.

He only made it through two weeks of RIP, wasn’t it 4 four weeks in his service time frame?

I believe Mike Webb is implying that he was an Airborne Ranger, not a Ranger who served in the 2/75. Excuse my squid ignorance, but that is how I interpret it.

Here is a gem from Mike Webb:

And, at that elite unit, I was ordered to forgo Ranger School to attend Officer Candidate School after being identified as one of the top five Rangers in a company of more than 140 Rangers.

When you have done half of that, you might be able to brag, too, and not steal my valor.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Lars, what the fuck is it with your use of “veterans” in the above statement – are you questioning us about our service? If you are, your making a motherfucking big mistake – there are some of us here that have more time in service than you do and made a hell of a lot more sacrifices than you.

Every damn time you show up here at TAH, you show the entire world what a fucking pompous asshole you are – and to prove what point? You wave your academic credentials around and spew the same lefty/libtard/socialist/communist bullshit and then beat on your keyboard whenever someone speaks out against you. THIS ISN’T FUCKING BEZERKLEY, TAYLOR! If you have the need to regurgitate the latest lefty talking points, Kos would probably be more than happy to take your ass in. – I’m sure he’d welcome you with open arms.

• Commissar says:

I know most of you are legit veterans. And many have more years of service and made more sacrifices.

However, I do think some on this board are full of shit about their service. When I see someone post that they don’t believe there are liberals in the military (a post last year), or someone who claims infantry service but does not understand what a “Ranger” is, I seriously question the nature or length of their service of whether they even served at all.

This is an anonymous board. We just have to trust that everyone on here is what they claim to be. I think a few are not.

22. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

He could have been honest and merely said he served in the 75th Ranger Regiment but instead he falsely presented himself as a fully tabbed US Army Ranger along with dressing up and acting like a lobotomized one-eyed circus clown on LSD thus he’s getting the ridicule he richly deserves while some clown from UC Berserkely parades himself inviting everyone to pelt him with rotten tomatoes and bawls when it happens.

• Commissar says:

He aggrandize the risk he took completing RASP. It has far fewer training deaths than he implies.

But he never presented himself as a fully tabbed US Army Ranger.

23. Mick says:

OK, kids; let’s do a quick review here so that I’m sure that I understand all of this.

According to the ‘reasoning’ being presented above by a particularly obtuse and voluble on-line personality, if I had merely completed Aviation Indoctrination at Navy Flight School in Pensacola, but never went on to complete the Navy’s prescribed Primary, Intermediate, and Advanced flight training syllabi and thus never actually earned my Naval Aviator wings, I could still claim to be a Naval Aviator and strut around wearing gold Naval Aviator wings just by going on to serve in a line squadron in some capacity or another that didn’t actually involve flying.

Does that pretty much sum it up?

If so, then I really wasted a lot of time going through the formal syllabi in the Naval Air Training Command.

Who knew that I could have simply just gone out to a squadron after Aviation Indoctrination, gun-decked all of my qualifications just by being present, and then gone on to bask gloriously in my phony Naval Aviator awesomeness forevermore.

Silly me!

24. 19D2OR4 - Smitty says:

Ranger School is a combat leadership school. Anyone of any MOS can attend it. Graduation from which gets you the Ranger Tab. It has nothing to do with the 75th other than being a requirement to serve in a leadership position, just as it is in most combat arms units. Ranger School is currently ran by the ARTB at Ft Benning.

In order for ANYONE to serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment, they have to go RASP (formerly RIP) and Airborne. Every single person must meet those requirements from the trigger pullers in the RRD to the cooks and admin personnel. It is not like other SOF units whose support personnel are just assigned to them. All must pass and be selected in order to serve in the 75th. If they wore the scroll on their left shoulder, then they are ‘real’ Rangers. It is not required for them to get tabbed until they are an NCO or officer.

Caveat to all of this. The above are the current standards for entry into the 75th. I do not know if they were the same in the early 90s.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Yes, Smitty, but the point is that Webb either dropped out or was dropped after two weeks of the preliminary. And he has no scroll. It’s those details that are being ignored.

• 19D2OR4 - Smitty says:

If he served in 2/75, and the original article states he did, then he did have the Scroll. Which at least under todays standards, means he had to have gone through selection like every other Ranger in the 75th.

• Ex-PH2 says:

I just bring it up because everyone gets so picky about it, that’s all. I meant tab, not scroll. And anyway, he did drop or was dropped from the preliminary screening after two weeks out of three.

• 19D2OR4 - Smitty says:

Which doesn’t make sense. They don’t reward you with an assignment to the 75th if you quit or fail RIP/RASP. They just kick you down the road to a conventional unit. So he had to have passed it at some point.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Ah! That’s the one thing that’s missing, which would settle the whole matter.

At this point, I will give up and let anyone else take it.

At the same time, he’s such a loose screw that I shudder to think what might happen if he really did get elected to any important office. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

• IDC SARC says:

“As much as I hate to chime in on this, Lars is correct. You all are equating Ranger School and the Ranger Regiment, which are two entirely separate things.”

Nope…I was just telling anyone that read it what a group of Rangers(Tabbed/scrolled/otherwise)all told me real time on Fort Bragg while we were having this discussion. it is what it is

• Commissar says:

Thanks, I did not see your post until just now. After I posted a very long explanation of the difference between Ranger School and Ranger Regiment.

25. Claw says:

Hmmm, I wonder if a Legal Clerk working in the Regiment S-1 Personnel Administration section has access to blank, pre-signed RIP Graduation Certificates?

Naw. Something like that would never happen.

Or could it?

• rgr769 says:

I have a folder full of certificates from the Infantry School, including one for Ranger School, and in almost every case, the signature was printed on the form before my name was typed in, along with the date. So, I guess they had to sit in a file drawer someplace (probably in an admin office) before they were completed with the graduates’ names.

• 2/75 says:

No, because he would have to pass RIP to have access to those certificates anyway.

26. Pineywoods NCO says:

Lars..

O…Lars….

LARS!!

On behalf of all honorable members of this community…

GO FUCK YOURSELF!!

27. Mike Miller says:

This is how Webb started a long post on his Facebook page today about changing his first name to “Major:”

“Just to claim the title and rank of major, awarded after 20 years of service in the U.S. Army, volunteering as an infantryman for Operation Desert Storm immediately after Iraqi tanks rolled into the sovereign nation of Kuwait, volunteering at the age of 26 to serve in the Ranger Regiment, where the average age and fitness of soldiers is 19,…”

He implies that he fought in Desert Storm despite NEVER having deployed in his entire 20 years in the military. And, he won’t stop doing it. The Board of Elections doesn’t allow titles on the ballot. So he’s changed his first name to “Major” in hopes that the Board of Elections will buy it and it will impress voters.

• Just An Old Dog says:

LOL… the average fitness is 19…
      The NCO/ SNCO courses in the USMC in the mid 90s for west of the Mississippi was in El Toro.
      There was the Sgts Course, the SNCO (E-6 SSGT or selectee) Academy and the Advanced Course (E-7 GySgt).
      The Sgts, while having SOME of the higher scoring PFTs came in last in the average PFT Scores.
      As a rule Marines ( and I would guess Soldiers) tend to peak in fitness around age 26-30.
      As a 38 year Old I still had a PFT Score higher than the average Marine graduating Boot Camp, and I was far from being a stud.

So, following his “logic,” I should continue to wear awards issued to former units which I was authorized to wear while a member of that unit but not after leaving the unit? Just because? Sure, I can say that my old unit was awarded a whole bunch of prestigious awards – most of them were received well before my being there. Honest, mature people make sure that they do not leave the impression they were part of earning those awards.

Didn’t those in the know a good while back school us on the fact that while assigned to the Regiment everyone wore the beret but they could not later claim being a Ranger because they were not? Sounded at the time exactly like my deal with awards of the unit being authorized for wear while in the unit but they did not follow you to your next unit.

• Commissar says:

That is nonsense. He is not wearing any awards from previous units.

And “no” your comment about people in the “know” is bullshit.

If you EARNED the scroll and beret you do not continue to wear it after you leave the Regiment. He is NOT wearing it. He is not even wearing the Ranger regimental affiliation crest.

But he sure has shit has the right to claim he was a “former” ranger. Which is all he did.

29. Commissar says:

There are TWO kinds of rangers in the Army.

Those assigned to duty positions in the Ranger Regiment.

And those that graduated ranger school.

Most leaders in Regiment are “both” kinds”, but all soldiers in the regiment that have earned the scroll and beret by completing RIP or RASP are called “RANGERS”.

The Ranger Regiment is a special operations light infantry regiment. Their primary mission is special operations direct action missions that require larger troop formations than found in CAG, Army special forces or SEALS. Such as seizing airfields, providing outer security for CAG, SEAL, or Special Forces missions, or clearing critical enemy controlled targets held by the equivalent of company or higher strength forces etc.

Ranger school is a rigorous LEADERSHIP school for combat arms troops, troops assigned to “G” or “V” duty positions, and special operations troops etc. Its students are primarily infantry leaders though.

To be assigned to a ranger regiment you need to be “selected” and trained by completing the Ranger Assessment and Selection Program or “RASP”, (formerly RIP; Ranger Indoctrination Program, but the curriculum has changed).

Once you complete RASP and are selected and ASSIGNED to regiment you have earned the Ranger scroll and tan beret. You have also earned the title of RANGER and are referred to as “ranger” by your leaders and peers. EVERYONE in regiment, regardless of MOS or duty position, is a called a “RANGER” if they completed RASP and earned the scroll and beret.

Once you leave regiment you are a “former” ranger and can justly call yourself a “former ranger”.

Not everyone who goes to ranger school if from the ranger regiment, in fact MOST are not. Most are infantry leaders who will hold leadership positions in OTHER conventional infantry units. Particularly lighter units such as 82nd, 101st, 25ID etc.

After you graduate ranger school you are called “Ranger” by the cadre at graduation and earn the ranger tab, a permanent award that you wear regardless of assignment. It is expected that all leaders in ranger regiment complete ranger school. But not all those in regiment are in a leadership position so many E-4s and below and a handful of E-5s have not completed it.

Ironically there is a debate whether ranger school graduates are “real” rangers. Because they never performed in a duty position in ranger regiment.

Nobody debates that those assigned to a ranger regiment are “rangers”.

I, and most people regard BOTH as rangers. Rangers in regiment are special operators. Ranger school graduates are well trained leaders that have proven themselves by completing the Army premier leadership school and earned the ranger tab.

Webb was formerly the FIRST kind of ranger. A soldier that “triple” volunteered. Volunteered for the army, completed basic and AIT, volunteered for Airborne, completed Airborne, volunteered for Ranger Regiment, and complete RASP, and was SELECTED and ASSIGNED to a ranger regiment.

He earned the scroll and beret. And can refer to himself as a “former” ranger. Just as any of you can refer to yourselves as “former” pilots, infantrymen, photographers, cooks, truck drivers, commanders etc. And a few of you can refer to yourselves as former “paratroopers” or “special operators” etc.

It is not lying to do so if you completed the proper training and served in the duty position or unit corresponding to whatever you claimed to have been.

30. Commissar says:

There does appear to be a missing DD214 in his records. He has a parachutist badge confirmed on the DD214 but no mention of completing airborne training.

The period of service he completed Airborne school is almost certainly the period of service in which he would have served in regiment. That is the DD214 I would like to see.