John Risteau; Phony Marine

| July 17, 2017 | 81 Comments

Someone sent us their work on this fellow, John Barton Risteau, from Bozeman, Montana. He’s a member of the local Marine Corps League (Post 1050), and the way I understand the Marine Corps League, you have to be a veteran of the Marine Corps to join;

Mr Risteau, is not a veteran of the Marine Corps, according to the National Personnel Records Center;

He does have a record that the NPRC doesn’t have, but they are criminal records;

1. Jon The Mechanic says:

No vest, no dog, no do rag, no baseball cap claiming a Bronze or Silver Star?

Good Lord these people are slacking. Wait until the rest of the posers find out. They are going to be offended at this doucenozzle’s lack of commitment to the lie.

• USMCMSgt(Ret) says:

Another dead giveaway is that stupid boot red jacket he’s wearing in the photo.

Everyone knows you’re supposed to sew on patches that identify all your previous duty stations.

Cocksucker.

• JimV says:

Today I go over to Lackland AFB to get my retired military ID renewed. I turn 65 next month and become eligible for Medicare. Will Tricare for Life issue me a pooch as well as a vest, do rag and baseball cap stating that I am a veteran? 😮

2. IDC SARC says:

“Proud Catholic” and a lying fuckgnard. Great combo.

3. Combat Historian says:

John Risteau, phony sack of shit, is soon gonna be in a world of hurt from his former buddies at the MCL; it’s not gonna be pretty…

4. Claw says:

But wait, there’s more. He has pictures of a Space Shuttle Door Gunner patch posted on his FB page.

Is he implying that he’s one of those, too?

Phony Marine or not, cause if indeed he is a SSDG, you know he’s got to be legit./sarc

Dumbass.

5. Wilted Willy says:

This sack of shit isn’t even trying, he doesn’t even make a good poser, no Force Recon, no Purple Heart, my God man, he doesn’t even have the mandatory 1000 yard stare! Go back to poser school you lying sack of shit! You are a disgrace to posers everywhere!!!

6. Club Manager says:

I suspect what gave him away was been seen without two road guards and someone to count Cadence.

7. FatCircles0311 says:

Lazy Marines not doing their job of vetting members. If some Army puke on a blog can do it then there is no excuse for Marines in a Marine organization not to do it. This is embarrassing.

Semper Pie.

8. QM1 says:

…and his Facebook page is gone.

9. Mick says:

Oh. Hell. No.

— sigh —

It’s the inevitable/perpetual presence of poser assclown infiltrators like this that heavily influenced my decision to bail out of the MCL several years ago.

TINS (that’s the Marine Air Wing acronym for ‘This Is No Shit’):

A few years back I encountered a poser turd at one of the local MCL detachments who was ‘holding court’ and describing how he went through Marine Corps recruit training at ‘Paradise Island’. After being momentarily stunned into speechlessness, several of us called him on it right then and there in front of the other MCL detachment Marines, but none of the MCL detachment leadership would ultimately ever do anything about him, and I believe that that lying poser shithead is still a MCL member to this day. I guess that they must need the membership dues. Or something.

So, no more MCL for me. And I won’t go back.

• Forest Green says:

Was that the Chesapeake Chapter? I’m surprised they didn’t “blackball” him like they did with real Marine members. I suppose this guy does everything they tell him to do and never question the “elite” members.

• Mick says:

Yup.

They wouldn’t ‘blackball’ the guy because, just as you described, he’s a useful idiot for them.

By the way, the Gunny and several of our other Marine buds were also there when this happened; I thought that their heads were going to explode.

Waiting for Dave Hardin to check in….

11. Dave Hardin says:

Insofar as Mr Risteau goes; Why do they always seem to drag poor Jesus into their bullshit? Hasn’t that poor guy suffered enough?

Being Atheist, I hardly ever comment about it when they pull Christ into their lies, it just makes me feel really bad for those who actually do take their faith seriously and try to walk through life as Christ would want them to.

Do they think Jesus does not have access to their DD214? God is unfamiliar with a FOIA? I realize the big guy is busy with World Peace and all but I doubt the Omnipotent One (not Jonn…the other one) probably knows they are full of shit.

12. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I hope Ex-OS2 is alive and well somewhere, but in his absence I’ll say:

Cocksucker.

13. lily says:

I wonder why the MCL didn’t notice anything strange? Don’t they ask questions about his time in the Marine Corps? It seems the guy must have been convincing enough to fool them.

For some reason many people are surprised if they ask about my past and I mention I’m a veteran. I guess I changed so much and look a certain way as to not fulfill their expectations? I’m tall, skinny and nice so that must be it?

14. Guard Bum says:

I do not understand how the MCL lets these turds slip by either. It has always been obvious to me when someone claims to be a Marine and wasnt.

It makes me wonder if anyone in these organizations is legit or if they all have embellished so much over the years no one wants anyone to dig too deep.

15. Just An Old Dog says:

A few years back I had a friend I served with ask me about a dude he worked with.
    He had hardly mentioned his “service” until after 9-11.
    Then he started wearing USMC gear joined the MCL and did a lot of GOOD things for them. My friend remembered that he heard the guy had washed out of Boot Camp.
    I was put in contact with the President of the MCL chapter and the individual.
    He did have a DD214 … as an Entry Level Separation….
    The President looked into the regs and just as I would have thought they stated to be a Marine you had to have earned the title.
    They fucked up by letting him in as a member.
    However there was a happy ending to it. He was able to join as an auxiliary and continue to work with the chapter.
    He just couldn’t wear the emblem, vote, or hold office.
    When I talked to him he actually said he felt relieved that it had been straightened out.
    He had joined with good intentions and not tried to lie about his discharge. When he talked to Marines in the chapter he just felt awkward. When it came out he hadn’t graduated he was at odds on what to do.

Word has it that that this turd was trying to hang around ROTC, etc. Word also has it that the MCL is following up on this.

As I said, that’s the word.

This maggot is getting the gravy no more.

People know……