Charlottesville protest

| August 13, 2017 | 255 Comments

Two groups of morons met in Charlottesville, Virginia yesterday. One called their march “Unite the Right”, however, they used the most divisive language possible, not really uniting anyone, except morons. The other group were the “antifa”, anti-fascists who aren’t really sure what is fascism but they know they don’t like it. The Unite the Right folks carried tiki torches and some carried long guns.

One fellow, James Alex Fields Jr, a 20-year-old from Ohio, decided to drive his car into the crowd of anti-fascists, killing one 32-year-old woman and injuring nineteen others.

Heavy says that he was in the Army for a few months;

A James Alex Fields of the same age was briefly on active duty status with the Army, but only from August 18, 2015 to December 11, 2015. It’s not clear at this time if it’s the same Fields. However, with the name of his mother confirmed by a report in the Toledo Blade, it appears this likely is Fields’ military record.

Without more information on him, I can’t confirm or deny this. I could only find a partial birthdate of April, 1997, otherwise I’d check the SCRA website we talked about yesterday. The media is helpfully pointing out that Fields is a registered Republican – millions of Army veterans who are registered Republicans didn’t run over anyone with their cars yesterday.

By the way, there is no Army training related to driving over people with a car.

Unfortunately two state troopers were also killed in a helicopter crash while they were monitoring the antics of the two groups.

I guess the Unite the Right people were protesting the planned destruction of a Confederate Memorial, and the Leftist were protesting what they always protest – anything.

Just to be clear, no matter what the purpose of the march, or the motivations of Fields, no one deserved to die in Charlottesville, Thomas Jefferson’s hometown.

Added 8/14/17; From Fox News;

“He was, however, released from active duty due to a failure to meet training standards in December of 2015,” Army Lt. Col. LTC Paul Haverstick, a Pentagon spokesman, said. “As a result he was never awarded a military occupational skill nor was he assigned to a unit outside of basic training.”

And from DoD;

Category: Dumbass Bullshit

1. Texas Nomad says:

Purpose of the march is kind. There are tons of videos & pictures of them going full Nazi.

James Alex Fields co-opted a tactic effectively used my radical Islamic extremists. 4 months in the Army makes him an ELS washout (if that was him).

But his Facebook page has been archived and its filled the the alt-right, Nazi, white supremacist, Pro-Russia/Assad(?), and of course, pro-Trump.

Just like when the Congressmen were attacked a few weeks ago by a leftist loon, the only people with the credibility to condemn the violence and idealization of political violence are the people who share common cause. The same is true today.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

I am assuming typos: “purpose of march is kind”, “used my radical…”

Pro-Russia/Assad? I have never, not once, ever, personally met someone stating they were a Republican that was “Pro-Assad” or or “Pro-Russia”.

Quite the contrary.

Nazi isnt “right”, they are National Socialists. (And many are simply bughousse nuts, but the Hakkencruz rolls left.)

Alt-right mostly isn’t. Sure, dumb-masses use that label. There is nothing “right” about race hatred, nothing “conservative” about bringing down Liberty. The moment you say “freedom for me but not for thee” you have lost the whole point of the United States of America.

This loon is likely just that. A loon and loser that finally went off. To the degree he followed anything, it is probably simply random chance that he isn’t in multi-level marketing trips to Saturn or something equally stupid.

Once we get past the inevitable journo-crap “Who needs facts! Run with the hype!!!!” and the inevitable political sheep “SEE! SEE! -Baaaaaaaaad- people!”, we may find out a bit more about Crash Bandicoot and his off-axis squirrel cage.

Meanwhile, everyone look about your AO, and defuse any hotheads about to go off. Not helping.

• Jonn Lilyea says:

You’ll have to excuse him – he’s been waiting all day for a post about Charlotteville, so he can be holier than the rest of us. When he gets in a big hurry like that, his spelling fails.

• timactual says:

Waiting all day and his post is still incomprehensible. Not a good sign.

• Texas Nomad says:

Actual Nazis marched yesterday, but spelling Nazis are on the march every day.

“Holier than the rest of us”? Really? I thought condemning Nazis was a moral layup.

When you preach a violent ideology, violence is the expected result. This is what the left refused to understand about Islamists.

• IDC SARC says:

actual Nazis….hahahahahahahah

puhleeeze

• UpNorth says:

Did I miss your condemnation of the people wearing black and covering their faces with masks? Those people who had signs on long poles, you know, the poles that were missing the signs, turning them into weapons? Or, the #BlackLiesMatter crowd?
            If I missed it, just re-post it, mmmm-kay?
            And before you go all “equivalency” on me, yes, the Neo-Nazis are demented ass hats.

• Texas Nomad says:

Yes, you did.

But Nazis are worse, and someone that thought Nazis were swell killed someone & wounded others.

I’ve said before and will repeat: I’d prefer if they just used the cages to allow the protesters that seek violence to beat the shit out of each other. I don’t care.

• Silentium Est Aureum says:

Nazis are “worse”?

Both suck, but I think you’ll find if you consult your scorecard, the commies have racked up a MUCH higher body count.

• IDC SARC says:

Nobody ever talks about all the good things Hitler did.

• Jonn Lilyea says:

No, asshole, they’re both equally bad. If you can’t cram that into your narrow little pea-sized brain, you need to go somewhere else.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Who was worse? Nazis or Commies, Texas Nomad? Here’s your fucking body count, you useless block of stone.

Nazis: 14 million people exterminated, maybe a few hundreds of thousands missed in the body count because they were burned to ashes before the Allies arrived.

Communists:
                Stalin: somewhere between 20 million and 22 million, mass graves are still being found and excavated

Mao Tse-Tung: 30++ million Chinese people, maybe more, partly through starving them when he embraced Lysenkoism, and the executions continue to this day.

Pol Pot: 2 million plus Cambodian citizens, but I guess you’ve never heard of the Killing Fields, have you, you asshole?

Just fuck off and die, pendejo puto puta!!!

• Jonn Lilyea says:

Yeah, because I called both groups morons, but you had to make it about Nazis, because that makes you holier than me. Fuck you, and fucking go away or else I’ll make your troll ass go away.

• desert says:

I am sick of hearing this being a racist issue! They are protesting the destruction of our history, OUR HISTORY..doesn’t that matter to you liberal pukes…?

• 11B-mailclerk says:

If you really believe that this is history to be preserved,and see the rising tide of “make it go away”, get like minded folks together, fund-raise, buy them,and put them on private property and private museums.

Whole different dimension then if someone tries to take it down, eh?

Things have changed. Folks have changed. Folks views have changed. You -cannot- put it back the way it was. Not possible.

You lost the argument, int he public square, and no amount of effort will un-lose it in the public square.

So either adapt, and change your game, or watch it all erased, down to the last stone.

Your call.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

During my days as a Trucker I remember seeing a statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest With sword drawn on a horse reared up facing North alongside I-65, next to it was a sign saying that it was made of fiberglass, making repairs and/or replacement quick and easy, a slap and spit in the faces of those who wish to sanitize history so they can feel good about themselves.

“Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it.” – Robert E. Lee

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Mix in a spellcheck, grammar check, punctuation check, dude.

Reading that hurts more than the sciatica I’m dealing with right now.

2. HMCS(FMF) ret says:

“Just to be clear, no matter what the purpose of the march, or the motivations of Fields, no one deserved to die in Charlottesville, Thomas Jefferson’s hometown”.

Well put, Jonn….

3. MSG Eric says:

I read that heavy report. Basically a solid list of all the reasons why his defense attorney will use to excuse his actions.

If he was kicked out during Basic/AIT then most likely it was due to failure to complete the Soldierization process. From what they’ve shown about him and his alleged FB page, that is a good indicator that he was also having trouble playing nice with others.

Is it just better to let people protest and leave it alone? It seems this is happening way too often because of protesting and anti-protesting.

From the look of him he’s going to be a favorite for those people he doesn’t like and their cockmeat sandwiches.

4. IDC SARC says:

There have already been calls for christians to denounce this or that and republicans outraged because, white. Yanno, I’ll denounce stuff when people start calling BLM and AntiFa exactly what they are and jackasses like Al Sharpton and his minions quit perpetuating that BS that only white people can be racist.

I also heard that Unite the Right had filed and obtained the proper permits after being initially denied and that the rest of the protesting organization just showed up without authorization…..the double standard continues

• LC says:

I’m not exactly a fan of BLM in large part because there’s a disconnect between one of their key messages -disproportionate police violence towards blacks- and their actions, which have been marred by destructive, anti-white, anti-police screeds. And, as you point out, when protests get off message, there’s little condemnation of it from the higher-ups beyond the occasional lip service.

Someone can, however, reasonably identify with their core issue of police brutality , and support that, even if they don’t approve of the people going off-message.

When you have people whose very message is racist, though, it’s a different ballgame. Support there isn’t divided between those who support a reasonable message and people who take things to extremes – it’s all pretty extreme to begin with.

I’m all for crushing this notion that only white people can be racist, but I do think that the core inspiration for BLM and white nationalists are pretty different, and that makes a world of difference.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

The phrase “Black lives matter” -may- be taken as racist, as it is racially based, thus automatically suspect. One coudl easily make it explicitly non-racist by stating it “Black lives matter, too”.

However, saying one should not say “all lives matter” is absolutely and explicitly racist. To say otherwise is to say “some do, some don’t”.

Ditto head-busting by degree of factory-original suntan, is explicitly racist.

Fuck that bullshit, racist imbeciles, all of you. Bless your hearts.

• LC says:

Yeah, I don’t particularly like the semantics of ‘Black Lives Matter’ – I understand it, and the defenses of it, but I also agree that, “Black Lives Matter too!” would’ve been more inclusive and less incendiary, and thus probably better.

But their choice of words aside, and plenty of racism on all sides aside, like I said above, I think a movement centered on the notion of excessive force used against blacks (regardless of reasons, justifications, etc.) is more reasonable than one focused on one type of ‘factory-original suntan’, as you say, being invariably better than another.

• IDC SARC says:

Fukka buncha BLM…the phrase has nothing to do with their agenda.

• Texas Nomad says:

BLM has a website with an agenda:

It’s one of the most incoherent piles of bullshit I’ve ever read.

• Yef says:

The fact that you read it tells me everything I need to know about you.

I haven’t read their crap, the same way I will never read the communist manifest or mein kampf.

No rule for radicals, that’s a tactical manual for the left and I read it the same way I read anything about tactics.

But their ideology? They can eat that.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

???

One -must- study the enemy to defeat the enemy. -must-

You -have- to know how they think.

Homework: Sun Tzu, “The Art of War”. Cover to cover, every word.

Why? It was required reading at -all- levels of Soviet military and intelligence services. Leaders were expected to -memorize- key phrases. It -absolutely- explains Soviet actions and strategy. It was their team “play book” in many ways.

The Russians still use it, as does China, and others.

It was written over 2500 years ago (two thousand, five hundred) and is -still- a highly applicable textbook on War, Strategy, Espionage, etc.

Having read -that-, pick the key work of -one- enemy nation or philosophy, and read -it-.

“Know thy enemy.” That means -what- they are, not just -who-. Then you can learn how to -destroy- the enemy, not just a bunch of strangers with rifles and different shirts.

War is a -thinking- man’s game. At least for the winners.

• Perry Gaskill says:

I’d agree. If your view is, in the words of Clausewitz, “War is the continuation of politics by other means,” you can add Machiavelli to the mix with Sun Tzu. Both provide lessons in not only playing head games, but also in how to recognize when you’re being gamed.

• 11B-mailclerk says:

I find Sun Tzu to be an extremely useful “starter kit” for understanding Soviet and Post-Soviet/Lefty actions. Plus of course, intel concepts.

It is also a fairly short work, thus almost bite-sized for shorter attention spans.

• MSG Eric says:

“If you only know yourself and not the enemy, you only have a 50 percent chance of victory.”

When I went to Afghanistan, I had apps on my phone for both the Quran and the Bible so I could be somewhat coherent on the Quran to understand some of the ideology I was dealing with.

• USMC Steve says:

Quit bagging on the guy. Remember the phrase, “know your enemy”? One does that by learning what they espouse in order to better engage and defeat them. And they ARE violent as well as racist.

• Texas Nomad says:

Its a missed opportunity. If you have friends of the left and protesting variety, as I do, I find it helpful to be able to point to specific criticisms of the BLM agenda that runs counter to their other political beliefs.

Otherwise we just shout slogans and talking points back and forth and nobody learns anything.

5. Joe says:

You didn’t mention the 800-pound gorilla in the room – the fact that these are your ideas taken to their logical conclusion.

6. LC says:

I’ll also add that I don’t think the counter protests were entirely, or even mostly, antifa types. I bet if out-of-town people, some carrying actual Nazi flags, walked through most towns, you’d get a lot of locals from many different political philosophies out to look, oppose and mock them.

I, like most sane people, am anti-Nazi, but that doesn’t make me identify with the ‘antifa’.

• 1610desig says:

C’ville has UVA and is a screaming liberal bastion…plenty of Star Wars bar scene anti-right material within the city borders that didn’t require augmentation…it bothers me plenty that the city now has its martyrs…there will be parks, statues and murals commissioned to remember the massacre (and there would not have been any if it was a lefty loon running over the pro-right protesters)…good luck trying to drive down west Main Street with a Republican bumper sticker now…before you might get screamed at or have your car keyed, now who knows how bad it will get? It’s that intolerant “tolerance” thing

• MrBill says:

I haven’t heard anything about how many counter protestors came from out of town, but the woman who died was a local.

7. Tallywhagger says:

It is notable that despite Virginia being an open carry state, no one was shot–that I am aware of.

As was evidenced, law abiding gun owners, exercising their rights, did so responsibly.

8. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I’m not even remotely fond of the NeoNazis, Aryan Nation, or any of those others, let alone the Black Racist outfits. I’m all for herding them all to some remote location and let them have at each other, survivors will be patched up and sent back out for a second run!

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Herd all groups involved into a ark-type spaceship and launch them towards the sun… fuck them and their messages of hate.

Thomas Jefferson and MLK are probably crying from their lofty perch when they see things like what happened yesterday in Charlottesville.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I’d sell subscriptions to webcams for people wanting to watch, that could help finance it. Let the fanatics on both sides off each other and the rest of us can live together peacefully.

• USMC Steve says:

Sure, as long as all the black racist groups go with them. No difference, and I haven’t seen anyone make mention that prior to the eight years of the black racist socialist Obama, this didn’t really occur. This is a reaction, however bad, to the last more than eight years of liberalism running rampant. That is what turned these goofballs on.

• Tony180A says:

USMC Steve you’re full of shit! If you think this is a result of the last 8 years you’ve had your head shoved up your ass.

• Fyrfighter says:

BLM antifa, and the other violent leftist organizations were not nearly as active / emboldened before the reign of the anointed one Tony, so I don’t see how USMC Steve is so far off? The flip side is the fact that all those groups being given a pass over the last 8 years for anything / everything they’ve done, as well as illegal immigrants, and other is in large part what has given rise to the resurgence of these dumbass nazi and related groups… It’s basic physics, for every action, there’s an equal and opposite reaction… you llow radicals on one side to run rampant, and sooner or later, there will be a group or groups that are just as bad, on the opposite side of the spectrum that rise up to combat them.

• Tony180A says:

Fryfighter, no need for a lecture on extremist groups on either side. These groups didn’t spring up in the past 8 years. I’ve had more than one run in with white supremacist while on active duty.

There is a reason why students are briefed in the Q course about THE WPP (White Patriot Party), Klan and other like minded individuals who are conducting operations in some of the same training areas as the students. There is a reason minority students attending ASOT are restricted to certain locations during certain portions of the course.

During the mid 90’s my ODA was returning from a JCET via commercial air and ended up at baggage claim with a group of about 15 skinheads attending one of their frequent eat shit and bark at the moon gatherings in Burn, Tn. One of them pushed a team mate retrieving bags from the carousel and needless to say things didn’t work out so well for them.

There are extremist groups of every race, creed and color that each have their own me-my way or the highway agenda. None have the moral high ground and I treat all with scorn and disdain. To say that the last 8 years are the root cause of the current crop of shit sniffing asshole tells me you haven’t been paying attention. No better yet, it wasn’t on your radar.

I wish cooler heads on all sides could reign in the ones who’d take protest to violence but rest assured my motto is meet violence with superior violence of action!!

• Fyrfighter says:

Tony, please reread my post, I did not say it’s a root cause, I said it was an era or encouragement and resurgence. Since you told your war stories, I’ll tell mine. There’s been a number of times that I was harassed, chased, or flat out attacked, because I happened to be in the wrong neighborhood after dark..I’ve also driven lights and sirens out of a neighborhood, ducking below the window as bullets passed through my ambulance, because i was working for “Da Man”, and twice, when applying for a firefighter job, i got told “thanks for applying, but you don’t meet our targeted demographic”… Hows that for racism… So I hope you can agree that there’s plenty assholes of all colors to go around.. as for your motto, I wholeheartedly agree

• Tony180A says:

Fyrfighter we will agree to disagree on era of encouragement. Thugs, Pricks, Racists and all around general shitbags come in every color. In a perfect world there would be an equal playing field however that will never exist. Preparation and perserverence is the key to never letting a SOB limit your potential.

9. 11B-Mailclerk says:

A whole bunch of “AntiFree” / “Un-Free” types gathered in that unfortunate city, and basically played pigeon, shitting and strutting to no real purpose.

Any decency on either side is usually shouted down by the hate and lunacy of the fringes.

• SMAG says:

You hit it on the head with “Un-free”, Mailclerk. The most revealing sentence I’ve ever read about the Nazi movement (and I’ve just about read them all) was from Milton Mayer in They Thought They Were Free–“National Socialism did not make (the German people) Un-free. Unfreedom made them National Socialists”.

The headline for the article covering this non-event (located on page 12C of the local rag) should have read “A Few Clowns Protest Statue Removal”.

Instead, by indulging their pathologic compulsion to protest anything and everything, the “antifa” types broadcast the white supremacist/Neo-Nazi’s message into every home in America.

Sunlight is a great disinfectant, and freedom of speech keeps discredited racist or totalitarian ideas above ground where they are easily combated. With their drive to silence any speech and protest any movement they find objectionable (which is such an increasingly broad category as to render itself nearly meaningless), “Antifa” is sowing the seeds of something far more sinister than a pack of yokels mad about a rebel statue. Thank God they don’t have any real power outside campus.

Let ’em have their little rally. Hell, if it means that much to you progs (including one or two here on TAH–cough *Joe* cough), stand on the sidewalk in your Che t-shirt with a “Bobby Lee was a meany” sign. But be smart about it–don’t waste the quarter-mil your parents spent sending you to Bryn Maur for a transgender studies BA–keep your mouth shut and your hands to yourself. It will be far more effective than making a spectacle that finds its way into every home in America, and motivates what would otherwise be disinterested onlookers.

10. SSG E says:

If you search 26APR1997, that’s what turns up the 18AUG – 11DEC dates, but I don’t know how you differentiate that from the 08APR1997 reservist of the same name on active duty from 16JUN2015 through 29FEB2016, or for that matter, the two still-serving sailors born 19APR1997 and 22APR1997. Without some other information, the SCRA site isn’t terribly helpful for stuff like this…

• MSG Eric says:

They talked to his uncle/mom and one of the quotes was that during that time he had gone off to boot camp, came back, and wanted his trust fund that the uncle was executor for. After he got it, he ran off into the netherworld of stupidity.

Hmm. A bunch of skinhead neoNazi idiots being counter-protested by a bunch of Antifa leftist morons. Too bad they simply didn’t destroy each other with no survivors on either side.

Seems to me like both sides were Alle waren einfach Narren mit zu viel Zeit auf Ihren Händen.

12. Perry Gaskill says:

Parts of the news media have been almost gleeful in being provided with another reason to trash talk President Trump. In this case it’s because he hasn’t been harsh enough on Unite the Right, and people such as David Duke. Some pundits have even gone so far as to say anyone who voted for Trump is a Fascist.

This has included Charlottesville Mayor Mike Signer, a Progressive, who wasted no time getting in the political spotlight and pointing out what he says is a “direct line” between Unite the Right and the Trump campaign. Never mind the faults of a feckless Obama administration, or the grim prospect last Fall of Hillary Clinton.

Something that helps put this in perspective, only slightly off-topic, is the firing last week of Google engineer James Damore who was canned for writing a memo citing what may be biological gender differences that contribute to success rates. Apparently at Google, any opinion on the workplace environment needs to agree with the SJW hive mind, or you’re told to hit the bricks.

And it seems to me a main root cause for the current Charlottesville conflict is new policies on immigration. It appears to be the most common rallying point for those who oppose so-called alt-right white nationalists. Meaning apparently anybody who is not a “person of color.” That would include those who don’t want the U.S. to have open borders, a tactic for foreign “cosmopolitan” political control. Or put another way, a means to support an invasion of the U.S. by other than military force.

Race may be the most visible aspect of the conflict. The currents run deeper.

13. The Other Whitey says:

So a bunch of assholes congregated, a contest of “who’s the biggest asshole?” commenced, and events played out to their logical conclusion. The whole thing is sad in so many ways.

“Unite the Right” clearly ain’t all that interested in uniting, and the self-proclaimed “antifascists” continue to act as fascist as ever. Amazing how much both groups resemble eachother.

14. FatCircles0311 says:

The leftist narrative is already starting to collapse regarding what happened. It appears unhinged leftists with weapons were bashing vehicles with bats and bashed the wrong vehicle. There is video of people with bats beating cars right before and after the crash. MSM isn’t showing it of course.

• Jonn Lilyea says:

The Nazis and the antifa are just two sides of the same filthy coin.

• 11B-mailclerk says:

Same shit, different dorks?

• MSG Eric says:

I read online some time ago about that “political spectrum” and the spectrum is wrong. If you look at it like a circle, you see that there are a variety of us on one side and the other side of the circle is where the extremists sit, closely together.

They all have the same means to an ends justification, they all want the same power and control of their own ideology and they all think the rest of us need to either get out of their way and just “bend the knee” or join them. ISIS, Antifa, Neo-Nazis, etc. etc.

Unfortunately, the MSM spends so much time talking about the differences between left and right, they try to make them two ‘totally’ different points of view, when they really aren’t. They have a different list of “this is what we want when we win” but its all similar bullshit and tactics to get there.

• LC says:

I really hope you’re not trying to justify vehicular manslaughter by an ‘unhinged rightist’ because some ‘unhinged leftists’ hit some cars with bats? I mean, the counter-protesters did plenty of stupid things, but none of them killed anyone.

Sometimes your own side does stupid shit; you can’t excuse it or blame the MSM, you have to own it and stamp it out.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

HEY Fuckface McBabbles, just look at how often mobs of Trump Supporters attacked those who disagreed with them prior to the election, *OOP!*, it’s the other way around, ain’t it? Yeah, ONE idiotic shit-for-brains the press claims to be right wing plows into a crowd with his car and suddenly we’re the mass murderers, you might as well be a UC Berzerkely Graduate.

• LC says:

As I said, plenty of stupid shit happened on both sides at the protests, and yes, during the election.

When that stupid shit results in a loss of life, clearly things escalated way past a point that’s even remotely excusable.

Point out the Bernie / Clinton supporters that drive into a crowd of people and killed one and injuring 19 and I’ll absolutely condemn the act, not talk about it could be justified because scary conservatives were yelling at him and/or hitting his or her car with bats.

Again, I never claimed it represents all conservatives, I just said you gotta own it and call it out as unacceptable, not excuse it. Bats hitting cars doesn’t excuse vehicular manslaughter.

• OWB says:

No, I don’t gotta own what someone who in no way represents my values does. The nut in a car is responsible, not me.

Meanwhile, I haven’t seen you own what your side has done at all, yet you demand it of others? Hyporitical much??

• LC says:

I didn’t mean to imply that you personally have to own it meaning you’re responsible for it; it’s obviously not your fault. And maybe that was my error above – I just meant you can’t minimize or dismiss this because hey, sure, some guy killed someone, but some other guys hit cars with bats. Those two are not equal in ‘narrative value’.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Do answer my question, o marshmallow-brained cotton candy-assed heart-on-the-sleeve harebrain, WHEN did anyone ever see mobs of Trump supporters assaulting Hitlery or Bernie rally attendees like we did vice versa?

• LC says:

I don’t know what you’re looking for here – do you want me to condemn the mobs who attack Trump supporters? Because I absolutely do. And that’s something the liberals need to own, as the whole ‘resist’ things needs to be updated to ‘resist peacefully’. And while they haven’t been at rallies, I can point you towards plenty of attacks by Trump supporters on liberals. But again, I don’t know what you’re trying to prove here.

People on the left need to reign in the crazies on the left, and people on the right need to reign in the crazies on the right… that is, own it. Not dismiss it as the fault of lefties. It applies equally. That’s how my marshmallow brain sees it anyway. Introspection. Neither side is going to listen to the other one when it comes to their own crazies, they’re going to downplay it and dismiss it… and when shit like this happens, you gotta step up and seek to fix the cancer within.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I DO NOT own even a single one of those inbred shit-for-brained NeoNazi dregs and I’m all for putting both them and the leftist thugs out in some remote location to wipe each other off the face of the Earth.

• LC says:

Never said you did. And I don’t own a single BLM shirt or stuff like that. But I still try to call out the crazy shit on the left whenever possible. It’s up to the non-crazies to reign in the crazies, period. I wish we weren’t at that point, but it seems we are.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I still say relocate the crazies on both sides to some remote location and let them wipe each other out.

• LC says:

@API. Works for me. I don’t know whatever remote location we pick deserves such a hell, but I’m tired of them occupying all the airwaves here.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

LC,

I want you to seriously reconsider what you just said, one rational human being to another.

Are you proposing that in this hypothetical:

I am sitting in my car. A crowd of demonstrably -angry- people begin bashing my car with baseball bats, a deadly weapon in any jurisdiction I know. I am protected by … -glass- that can survive one or two good hits, and maybe not even one if the other guy is moderately fit and ever played organized baseball.

If I get hit in the head with a bat, and I manage to survive it, I will suffer permanent debilitating damage almost every time. As the bat is wearing smashed glass, I will be badly cut, which may itself be fatal and will permanently disfigure me. Assuming, of course, that I survive that hit. Assuming the angry folks do not -keep- hitting me, or anyone else in my vehicle.

Now are you -seriously- saying that if I kill my hypothetical attackers, -I- am somehow in the wrong?

Seriously?

Because if so, my response is a) “Fuck that bullshit.” and b) “-I- am driving out of that ambush.”

So perhaps I misunderstood what you were suggesting?

• LC says:

No, of course not – if you’re being attacked, obviously you can defend yourself.

But in this case, if the guy was being attacked and trying to ‘flee’, he could’ve taken the less populated side streets. If he was trying to hit his attackers, well, he wouldn’t have had to drive two blocks down the road to ram into people not associated with them. And if he was under attack by people with bats, they’re the weakest assailants ever because they hadn’t broken his windows or anything. He was under no threat, so making one up about cars possibly being attacked by bat-wielding perps as justification for his choice to ram into a different crowd at high speed is… pretty sad.

Defend yourself from your attackers, by all means. Don’t attack random innocents and try to justify it by saying someone else maybe, might’ve attacked you, and that’s why you killed someone.

• Fyrfighter says:

From what I had read, his car was hit with a rock / brick, not bats, and he turned around after the fact, and then ran down the antifa thugs.. So, in my humble opinion,
                1.WHILE he was under direct attack, he had every right to do what he needed to protect himself / get out of there, including running the thugs over.
                2. Since he was out of danger and went back into the crowd, the above no longer applied
                3. the left and news media is complicit in this violence by intentionally leaving out the fact that he was attacked and provoked before he went full retard .
                As I said, just my 2c

• OWB says:

Get a grip! Assuming you are correct in assuming the driver leaned right politically, so what? That would be, one among the very long list of destructive acts done in the name of free speech or someone’s personal agenda lately?

Killing people is wrong, and for the most part illegal. Willfully driving a car into people, even if they are wrecking cars, probably also is illegal.

What’s your point? Keeping score about which side makes more headlines is just silly. But, if you are gonna insist upon doing it, your side is the one doing most/all of the damage and destruction with their events.

And, yes, I can (and will) blame the msm for their choices in how they report the disparity.

• LC says:

My ‘unhinged rightist’ bit was in response to FC’s ‘unhinged leftist’ bit; if you’re gonna label one side politically, it’s only fair to label the other with their politics, no? Never mind the fact that I’m pretty sure opposition to a white nationalist march goes beyond just ‘leftists’.

And it’s not about keeping score. It’s that you can’t make excuses for a loss of life because, ooh, one side might’ve hit cars with bats, so hey, that whole vehicular manslaughter bit is totally fine because both sides are bad. Yes, both sides are bad… but that doesn’t justify some asshole ramming a crowd with a car.

That’s my point. My only point. You can’t wave your hands and say, “Sure, sure.. that guy killed someone, but oh my god leftists were beating cars with bats! So it’s all equal!” I saw enough video of both sides punching, throwing shit, kicking people, screaming, etc.,… but only one of somebody killing someone else.

• IDC SARC says:

“That’s my point. My only point. You can’t wave your hands and say, “Sure, sure.. that guy killed someone, but oh my god leftists were beating cars with bats! So it’s all equal!””

Nah, I just wish they’d all drop dead.

• OWB says:

Meanwhile, if anyone here said that it was OK, I sure missed it. The message from the commenters here has been very clearly against stupid, illegal violence and assorted other illegal acts. Even people doing and saying stupid stuff when it might be perfectly legal to act stupid in public.

• IDC SARC says:

I don’t condone it (violence), but when the MSM and every racist minority group is calling White people racist nazis every time they try to have a discussion eventually one of two things is going to happen.

1. The rhetoric will subside and a discussion will finally happen.

2. Violent retribution

That’s generally human history.

• FatCircles0311 says:

DIAF.

That is all.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

LC – The neo-Nazi’s, or whatever you want to call them, DO NOT represent me or my beliefs. Don’t go putting me and others here in with those “groups” and telling me or others that I have to own it because those groups do stupid shit.

I’ve read your viewpoints on various topics here, and like I’ve said before, I wouldn’t mind sitting down with you and a few others here and having a few drinks and just talking.

Lumping people into generalized “left-wing/right-wing camps” because of their viewpoints – all it does is make the spit between people larger, not smaller.

• LC says:

Never meant to imply they do, HMCS. It was poor wording on my part, and I apologize for that. By ‘own it’, I meant don’t excuse by made-up things like bat-wielding leftists for which there is zero evidence. Even if he was attacked by them prior to this, he chose to ram into a populated area of innocent people.

When I said ‘own it’, I simply meant we need to accept the reality that this was an unprovoked attack on innocent people. When you start blaming ‘leftists’ for what a seemingly right-wing sort did, you can’t say all the blame rests with ‘leftists’. There’s a time for introspection and acknowledging the problems on your own (not your meaning you personally) side of the political fence.

And before you ask, yes, I have plenty of problems with the violence and ‘white-shaming’ (to name a term) of the BLM types on the left. And plenty of problems with PC culture as well. Hell, I criticize the left more than the right. Liberals need to own that and change that. Let’s be honest, change is only going to come from within, right? There’s no way in hell liberals are going to change on conservatives’ demands, even if they have a point, and vice-versa as well.

That said, I agree the labels are annoying. In part, I used the ‘rightist’ one in response to FC’s ‘leftist’ one. I don’t like labels either.

Anyway, my intent wasn’t to throw the blame at this to conservatives in general, but rather to say that these people who were marching identify more as conservatives, so the power to silence or change them rests mostly with conservatives. So they’ve got to own it and change things for the better. I try to do the same pretty often with the liberal side of the fence.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

They’re extremists – plain and simple. All of the extremists groups scream “liberal” or “conservative” just to try and show others that they are “aligned” with that group.

All they want is anarchy… they don’t give a damn about the average John or Jane in America. It’s all about them and they will burn, loot and cause physical harm to others to get their way.

If both Liberals and Conservatives were SERIOUS about this, they would permanently stop the hate mongering and rhetoric and turn the individuals over to law enforcement and push the system to PUNISH them to the max allowed.

• LC says:

I agree. I got into this can of worms because it seemed to me, and maybe I’m wrong, that FC’s post implied that the vehicular manslaughter was a ‘leftist narrative’ and was ‘unraveling’ because, maybe, maybe the guy was just fleeing people bashing his car with bats or something. And I think when we choose to dismiss or shift the blame for the extremism that more closely aligns with our own political ideology, we’re not helping the situation.

• USMC Steve says:

So what? They are dangerous at any time. One of the prime reasons I got a concealed carry permit. When you are dealing with a liberal and particularly a snowflake subvariety, if you don’t immediately go on guard and be ready for violence, you are stupid. This whole episode gave me no one to root for.

• Texas Nomad says:

Who is showing it. The crash video doesn’t show any of that. And I don’t see any damage on the vehicle other than where it rammed into people on the after pics.

• @ TEXAS NOMAD:

That’s the whole point!

The mainstream mass news media edited that part out of all news reporting.

The guys protesting the removal of the Robert E. Lee statue had a permit allowing them to march, and they were obeying the law, not looking to stir up trouble.

The “anti-fa” crowd (in reality, the Communist Party USA), did not have permit, were there illegally, intent on starting fights (to get publicity?).

Although the normal procedure would be to keep the opposing groups separated, the police apparently were under orders to stay back, thereby deliberately creating a violent situation (for political uses?).

And, as you’ve pointed out, there is no video of the communist crowd vandalizing vehicles.

Even the police stated that they thought the guy panicked when he saw the vehicles being vandalized.

• Commissar says:

There are photos and video of the car before the incident. All the way to the moment of impact with the first protester. People were not attacking the car.

• @ UP NORTH:

Thank you for posting that.

It’s the first evidence I’ve seen that indicates the police statement might be correct, i.e., that they thought the guy panicked.

• UpNorth says:

You claimed that no one attacked the car, the photos seem to prove that to be a lie.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Bbbles McButthead, someone could tell you that water is wet, fire is hot, SHIT STINKS and you’s STILL argue that while whipping out your impotent bullshit you call “Empirical Evidence”.
            If you read an article from the lamestream liberal media saying they thought eating fresh dogshit was good for you, would you do it?

• Commissar says:

A picture of protestors attacking the car AFTER the car slammed into them does not support your bullshit narrative that the protestors attacked the car first.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I see you have answered my question with an undeniable “YES” via the intellectually devoid effluvia you never cease to regurgitate here in your rants, Babbles McButthead!

• Commissar says:

You are so full of crap.

There is zero evidence his car was attacked before he drove into the protestors. The one photo you two have produced is a still that this video proves was taken AFTER the attack on the protestors.

• Commissar says:

The level of mental gymnastics, absurd conspiracy theories, overall selectivity biases and cognitive dissonance you are displaying in order to cling to the belief that this guy was acting out of fear is revolting.

This guy is a military washout with a history of violent behavior and an avowed white supremacist who ran a vehicle into a crowd.

If you did not agree with his politics you would not be trying so hard to paint him as an innocent victim of the “violent left”, or the victim of a false flag media narrative.

It says a a lot how motivated you are to defend him and how much you see him as one of your own.

• Fyrfighter says:

I don’t pretend to speak for API, but this guy is a piece of rat shit, and deserves to fry. That being said, it’s also disingenuous to say that there’s no media spin involved. While they are happy to call out any clown they can even barely claim as on the right, they are more than happy to ignore any and all violence done by the left. So it seems that its completely valid and consistent to disavow this idiot and his nazi friends, and still believe that the media is, as always, spinning this to their advantage.

• UpNorth says:

And the brake lights being on in the photo you linked to seem to fly in face of the narrative you’re peddling that the driver took aim, stomped on the gas pedal and mowed down a crowd of people.

• David says:

Watching the video, the brake light ONLY come on when the car is at the end of its first pass and stopped. Once the back-up lights come on (which is apparently when people are attacking the car) the brake lights never even flash.

Regardless, it is obvious that universal background checks and waiting periods MUST be enacted on those who would buy silver Challengers.

• 11B-mailclerk says:

As far as I can tell, all of the footage is from non-neutral sources.

Inherently suspect, especially well after the fact.

Did you see the interview with the Anti-Free who was saying it had no tag and that police waved it through because it looks like a police car?

The supplied footage and stills do not correlate even remotely to that shitbag. So who is holding that little shit-stirrer’s feet to the fire? He was inciting riot. He was also trying to get cops targeted.

I have yet to see a police-livery Challenger. (Although that would be one sweet patrol machine.)

So, the narrative was already queued up by the Anti-free types facts be damned.

• Fyrfighter says:

No surprise there 11B, but as to the charger, the local constabulary out here in the sticks has two of them, one white, one black… and the rat bastards are very good at hiding around curves!!! lol..they do look like really rough duty, and i’d be shocked if the assigned to them hadn’t put them through significant “acceptance testing”

• 11B-mailclerk says:

The car used in the homicide was a Challenger, not a Charger. The lines are distinct.

Also, I noticed significant back-glass impact damage at the 11 second mark, right side of the back glass, apparently occurring between 10 and 11, which suggests a projectile impact. My first impression was “bullet hit”, but it could also have been a slingshot-launched marble (common Anti-fee item of mayhem), or a -really- well thrown rock.

Having been in a car hit by a high-velocity stone, I can vouch for the fact that people riding in the vehicle will react as if it was a gunshot. They can be more immediately distracting to the driver than the hole in the glass.

Racist shitbags are subject to panic, same as other critters.

Where is the footage from the far end of that street, where the Challenger started in? The Anti-Free and co-belligerents -always- video their antics. Always. So does almost anyone at an event under the age of thirty.

That car likely passed checkpoints, under video surveillance, and security cameras. We can assume no presstitutes have independent footage, or they would have run it, editing to suit their narrative, but showing -something-.

Only -one- camera in a mob that size is almost unbelieveable for 2017.

Such footage would tend to show what happened when. Corroborating or not. Looking forward to seeing it.

• Fyrfighter says:

Sorry 11B, that was a typo on my part. I meant to say Challenger.. Once upon a time, I owned a 68 Charger, and a 72 Challenger.. it’s interesting how back then, the Charger was the big dog, now the roles are reversed.. anyway, the local Sheriff does indeed have two Challengers…

15. It’s always the Communist Party, USA (by whatever name) who provoke this organized violence against anything representing traditional white, male, heterosexual, Christian, America.

Yes, it’s even a repeat of what happened in Germany during the rise of the Third Reich, when the German people were reacting to the threat of Bolshevism.

• OWB says:

Uh, John? You DO understand that the CP is bent upon destroying all of America, right? Your traditional white, male, heterosexual, Christian is hardly the only target. But, they seem to have successfully made you think that everyone else is indeed the enemy now.

Sad. Very sad.

• _________________________________

“I am not in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people – – – ”

“I am in favor of the race to which I belong, having the superior position.”

Abraham Lincoln
      _________________________________

Because I’m now an old man, I was an eyewitness to the so-called “Civil Rights Movement”, growing up as an “Army brat” in the racially segregated Southern community of Spring Lake, Cumberland County, North Carolina, just outside the main gate of Fort Bragg.

I remember when the Ku Klux Klan held a rally on the Lumbee Indian Reservation in Robeson County, and the Lumbee Indians attacked them and drove them away, which had all of us kids laughing at the Ku Klux Klan.

When driving my car and crossing the state line from Virginia into North Carolina, there was a huge billboard by the side of the Interstate depicting a Ku Klux Klansman mounted on a rearing stallion, holding a Confederate banner, with the words, “WELCOME TO NORTH CAROLINA! THIS IS KU KLUX KLAN COUNTRY!”

As an idealistic youth in North Carolina, I thought that all races were equal and that all men were brothers, and therefore, racial integration was going to be a good thing.

But, many years have passed, and having witnessed the actual results of racial integration, my opinions have drastically changed, i.e., all races are not equal, and all men are not brothers (or at least, don’t act like it).

I did once know a guy who claimed to be a member of the Ku Klux Klan, but all he ever did was show off his membership card.

By the way, life in a racially segregated community was a lot safer, cleaner, more orderly, better educated, and more courteous than our society is today.

Our ancestors enacted Racial Segregation and “Jim Crow” legislation, not to persecute black people, but for the protection of white people, having seen what blacks would do when the Southern states were being so sorely oppressed during the horrible days of Reconstruction.

Don’t take my word for it.

Read the history books.

• MSG Eric says:

I grew up in Hawaii. One of the most (probably THE MOST) diverse locations in the United States. There are people there from all different ethnicities, religions, races, creeds, even Star Trek and Star Wars extreme fans get along fine. People treat each other with respect and actually respect each other’s views and opinions.

It is safer, cleaner, less violent, than most of the rest of the US. The big problem they have for the last 20 years is with crystal meth, but that problem crosses all divides just as much.

But hey, what do I know, I’ve only been a resident there since the 80s.

• Commissar says:

Someone that would argue that the Nazis were the victims of communists in pre-wired Germany does not know a damn thing about the rise of fascism in Germany.

16. Texas Nomad says:

James Alex Fields HS history teacher said he tried to join the Army after HS but was rejected for taking too many psychotropic medications. He also said Fields was very into Nazi glorification.

Rumors at the moment, but fits nicely with what we know.

• 11B-mailclerk says:

If he was taking “psychotropic” medication, he may as well have fixated on anything, the philosophy of the Daleks, weird fringe politics, or watched “Death race 2000” at the wrong moment. Nuts is Nuts.

• IDC SARC says:

a teacher saying he was on “psychotropic” drugs means nothing without more information.

Many people take prescriptions for mental disorders that are no where within the realm of “crazy”

Of course he may have actually been on antipsychotics and diagnosed with a psychotic disorder….but psychotropic is a bullshit generalization, caffeine could be considered a psychotropic.

Even then, the vast majority of people with psychotic disorders never attempt a murder.

• MSG Eric says:

If he was taking those kinds of medications, it is doubtful he’d have been able to join the Army while taking them. (it is possible he kept them a secret from the Army)

But, could also be the reason why he was an ELS chapter/separation.

• Texas Nomad says:

Army confirmed it was an ELS and he failed to meet standards.

The same Army that said Chelsea Manning & Bowe Bergdahl were fit to fight. Maybe they’re getting better at spotting traitors, or not as desperate for volunteers.

• MSG Eric says:

Differences being that Manning went through MI school, in which being a bit weird is more common. Though, even for MI types he is on the extreme side of batshit crazy. But, didn’t espouse anything to peers, merely kept it to himself.

Berhdahl kept his wacky point of view to himself until he decided to go walk about looking for the goat of his dreams. I doubt he had any intention of doing what he did until he arrived in his Islamic Paradise and saw how wonderful things were.

I’m guessing 99% that Fields was talking shit about blacks, jews, other minorities from about day 5 in Basic and they finally had enough and put him on blast for it.

17. 11B-mailclerk says:

Let us not forget the full cost of this little Anti-Free / Un-Free fiasco.

In addition to the mass-casualty event courtesy of “Crash Bandikook”, two good men, Virginia Troopers, died when their helicopter crashed. They were trying to keep an eye on the safety of the locals who had to endure the manure that came calling in their town.

So to the assholes on both sides who just -can’t- handle living in a free country, on behalf of an annoyed nation y’all go fuck yourselves.

Freedom of assembly, free speech, and all the rest do not include the right to kill people and to destroy property.

This really isn’t all that complicated. Bad behavior and thuggery are abominations and mostly illegal no matter who does it or what excuse might be used for it.

19. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Why is any right wing (Alleged or otherwise) gathering called a “hate mob” by the left wing press while they hail the likes of BLM and other mobs as civil rights crusaders? Many a left wing media moonbat is trying to blame that inbred Nazi mob on President Trump, so maybe we should call for President Trump’s predecessor to shoulder the blame for things like the Baltimore and Ferguson riots as well as the murders of LEO’s by BLM types and their ilk?

Okay, either these asinine protests over real American history are stopped before they start, or more people are going to be hurt and killed.

While you are all squawking over this, you should be aware that someone drove a car into the crowd of protesters, killing 1 person and injuring 19 others. This is not what protests are about. PERIOD.

And as of this evening, 3 people are now dead. http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/08/state-of-emergency-in-va-after-white-nationalist-rally.html

This is unacceptable, I don’t care who started the movement or the rampages or whatever, this is absolutely unacceptable under any circumstances. When someone does this kind of thing, s/he is no better than those scum in Europe that have driven into crowds of people simply to run them down.

21. HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Police told to stand down? Where have we heard that before?

“Brittany Caine-Conley, a minister in training at Sojourners United Church of Christ, who had come with other faith leaders to protest against the white nationalists, said she was horrified to see officers in the park watching the violence take place outside in the street.

“There was no police presence,’’ she said. “We were watching people punch each other; people were bleeding all the while police were inside of barricades at the park watching. It was essentially just brawling on the street and community members trying to protect each other.” “

• Ex-PH2 says:

Jan Schakowski was out at the Chicago Trump Tower with a microphone this afternoon, running her mouth about it, when she should have been speaking about the corruption in the state legislature and how Chicago gets more tax money for schools than any other district in the entire state.
      But you see, real-world concerns like that don’t matter nearly as much as another opportunity to be on TV. All I saw in that protest at Trump Tower was a bunch of white people protesting white people. You have to wonder if they ever see themselves in the mirror.

22. Jim Bob says:

Waiting on the forensics of the fallen officers and their aircraft while hoping that ground fire was not a cause of the crash.

23. Thunderstixx says:

The worst part of the whole situation is that when these pansyass SJW fucks call people the disagree with Nazi’s, it demeans the entire history of evil that is the prelude to and the fight of WWII against a very strong enemy that was hell bent for leather on world domination.
    By doing that they lessen the degree to which so many of our grandparents generation stood up for all that was good in the world and especially in America as the Arsenal of Democracy…
    The real SJW’s stood and fought then as they always have throughout the history of the great land of ours.
    That cheapening of their sacrifice is the worst part of all of it.

24. GrndItOut says:

What I want to know is who this pos in the 82nd hat is

25. Just An Old Dog says:

Meanwhile the statues of Confederate Leaders, which was supposedly the center of both sides of the protest will be yanked down in the middle of the night by the leftists.

26. HT3 '83-'87 says:

The knucklehead ratio on Saturday was off the charts. Watching a douche with a KKK/White Supremacy flag scream obscenities at a douche with a Black Nationalist flag while he screamed obscenities back makes me weep for the future. Those two idiots don’t realize they are the “same guy”. Both sides showed up in their own riot gear and got what they wanted…a fracas…a donnybrook…not the way this guy here would ever want to spend a Saturday.

27. Silentium Est Aureum says:

Here’s a thought: I’ll be perfectly happy when the Klan/nationalist/BLM/Antifa/fringe whack jobs all link arms, start singing Kum-Bah-Yah and walk together.

Preferably into the intake of a jet engine.

• Ex-PH2 says:

I have a better idea.

Round them up, all of them on both sides of the coin/fence/whatever. Take them to a really, really, really big football stadium. Offer a fat prize to whoever survives – winner take all, etc. – and let them have at each other until there is only one left alive.

The more they gather on opposite sides of some imaginary line and scream bloody freakin’ hell at each other, the more they drive people away from whatever “cause” they think they stand for or support.

Let them beat each other to death while the rest of us just get out of their way. This isn’t about politics or civil rights. It is just anarchy.

28. Jonn Lilyea says:

CPUSA was fine with Nazis until Operation Barbarossa.

29. Jonn Lilyea says:

Added 8/14/17; From Fox News;

And from DoD;

30. Jason Peters says:

Tell us Lilyea. Why did YOU get kicked out of the Army after 14 years?

31. SFC D says:

Wouldn’t give a pinch of shit for anyone involved in this clusterfuck, both sides are ass deep in racist bigots. Racist bigots come in all colors, sexes, shapes and sizes. As the old song goes, fuck ’em all.

32. Joe says:

One positive effect of this awful event, if anything related to it can be called positive – confederate monuments are going to be coming down all over the south at a greatly accelerated rate. About time.

• Fyrfighter says:

Joe, you’re an idiot! Stop trying to erase history, just because you screech loud enough to get a monument torn down doesn’t mean that the history goes away. but then again, you’re not nearly intelligent enough to understand that.. go back to your gay bar in boulder, and please, for the love of God, STOP SNIFFING GLUE!

• Joe says:

Kinda like in Germany where they have all these statues of Adolph Hitler, Josef Goebbels, Hermann Goering, celebrating their German”heritage”? Oh that’s right, they’re smart enough to know that you don’t celebrate or commemorate shit like that.

• Redacted1775 says:

Yeah because they’re entirely the same thing. Can people tell you’re trying to think by the smoke billowing out of your ears?

• Joe says:

“Yeah because they’re entirely the same thing”. Pretty damn close.

• Joe says:

One went on for 12 years, the other went on for centuries.

• Fyrfighter says:

The ones you mention tried to exterminate a race, and as such were war criminals.. Please explain to me how the average Confederate soldier, or even the bulk of the Confederate officers, including Robert E Lee were war criminals…..And for the record, I’m pretty sure there are various memorials to soldiers / sailors in Germany, commemorating their sacrifices..
              Nice try..

• Joe says:

The ones you’re in love with just killed people one or two at a time for a couple of centuries instead of industrial grade slaughter. But we’re splitting hairs…..

• Fyrfighter says:

I know it’s well beyond your level of reading comprehension, but you could try reading my post again, and please tell em exactly where you go the idea that I’m in love with anyone killing anyone..Idiots like you fail to recall that your preferred ideology has killed more people in the last century than any other ideology has in it’s entire existence, (though your preferred religion of islam is gaining ground) Speaking of that “religion of peace” you seem to forget that it’s the only group of people that still practice slavery in large numbers.. just like you forget that whites didn’t go to Africa, and steal or kidnap slaves. As reprehensible (I know it’s a big word, look it up)as their actions were, they were not the only ones involved.. BLACKS in Africa sold those slaves to the white slave traders, a part of the narrative you leftists revisionist fools always leave out. Please learn to read, write, and study history before you come back to the boards, because right now it seems, as the joke goes, “you’re not really here for hunting are you?”

• Joe says:

If that’s how you feel, then you agree the monuments must go.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

HEY JOE, ‘yo Momma/Aunt and ‘yo Daddy/Uncle must be bragging about you ALL OVER their trailer court!

• Joe says:

In any case, the people you support fly the nazi flag, the swastika. That says it all. Your parents and grandparents, who killed Nazis, would disown you.

• Fyrfighter says:

Wrong answer asshole, I never have, and never will support any douche that flys a nazi flag. Unlike you who probably flys your own hammer and sickle flag.

• Ex-PH2 says:

It’s obvious that Joey needs a timeout. Not only is he deaf to anyone else’s point of view, he’s also blind to reality, both of which are the enemies of freedom. He seems to place no real value on freedom and won’t until it’s taken away from him. On the other hand, he’s never had to live under a communist dictatorship and I know people who DID and who were so desperate to escape that they left everything at the exit gate, and had only the clothes on their backs when they came to America. They weren’t the freeloading illegal aliens coming here now. They came in through the front door and started working.
                    Joey is nothing but an echo chamber for beasts like Pol Pot and Pinochet and Maduro.

• Joe says:

You can’t even tolerate a tepid criticism of American Nazis without qualifying, rationalizing, equivocating – “Yes, having a full blown Nazi torchlight hate parade is probably not great, but socialists (antifa, liberals, socialists, communists, Mao, Stalin) are a lot worse. You have become a full blown Nazi sympathizer.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Keep it up, Joey. You are shit on a stick. My objecting to Communist sympathizers like YOU, you fucking assjole, does NOT make me a Nazi sympathizer. Both are despicable, and that includes you, you commie weasel. I have ZERO tolerance3 for you, your commie buddies and your fascisti shithead buddies. You are all cut from the same cloth.

Oh, lookie here, lookie here! JOEY THE COMMIE SYMPATHIZER is calling me a Nazi sympathizer here, when he has no proof: http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=73978&cpage=1#comment-3026022

That’s really rich coming from someone who doesn’t like being labeled a Commie himself. It’s a declarative statment based on the lies he tells himself when he’s high.

I am not a Nazi nor am I a Nazi sympathizer, nor do I have to be one of those creatures to be offended by this statement from JOEY THE PIMPLE ON THE ASS OF HUMANITY.

I find it especially offensive since half of my family is Jewish and lost family to the Nazi gas chambers and death camps.

Go ahead, Joey, make my day. You’re a stinking cockroach feeding off the rest of us. Your wit’s as diseased as your politics. If I could drop you off in Stalin’s era, I would do so in a heartbeat.

Since Joey the COMMIE ASSHOLE SYMPATHIZER doesn’t know anything about the Nazis, the Fascisti or the rest of those evil slime at all, I put him right up there with Stalin’s KGB slime that came out of the walls at night and abducted people just because their neighbors reported them for nothing.

Joey, you are a pimple on the ass of humanity.

Go squeeze yourself until empty. No one else wants to touch you.

34. Mick says:

So when do we have to start renaming all of the Army bases that are currently named after Confederate general officers, i.e. Fort Bragg, Fort Jackson, Fort Lee, etc.?

That’s what I wanna know.

How about these as potential replacements?

– Fort Hillary

– Fort Maxine Waters

– Fort Chris Matthews

– Fort Kardashian

– Fort Anthony Weiner

– Fort Ho Chi Minh

– and so on…

The opportunities for politically correct change are endless!

I get a shiver up my leg just thinking about it!

• Ex-PH2 says:

How about I drill a hole in your head, Mick, and let the sun shine into it? I know you’re kidding on that crap, but there are people who would actually fall for it.

• Mick says:

Ha; you’re right. It’s mind-boggling, but yeah, there are some people who would think that all of that would be a good idea. No point in giving them any ideas.

I guess that I should have added a strongly-worded ‘sarc’ tag, eh?

By the way, I left ‘Fort Che Guevara’, ‘Fort Madonna’, and ‘Fort Castro’ off the list.

(ducks and steps back out of arm’s reach)

• Ex-PH2 says:

Yes, unfortunately, there are people who will take it seriously.