Teen murders Texas Tech police officer

| October 10, 2017 | 59 Comments

According to ABC13 a nineteen year-old student shot and killed a Texas Tech University police officer late last night;

University spokesman Chris Cook said that campus police made a student welfare check Monday evening and – upon entering the room – found evidence of drugs and drug paraphernalia. Officers then brought the suspect to the police station for standard debriefing.

While at the station, Cook said the suspect pulled out a gun and shot an officer in the head, killing him. The suspect then fled on foot before being apprehended a short time later.

Before gun-control advocates blame this crime on Texas’ new laws allowing students to be armed on campus, we should probably look at the law first, something gun control fascists won’t bother to do before they start shooting off their mouths.

First, the law only grants that privilege to students older than 21 years if they have a state license, unless they are in the military. The youngster in Texas Tech was only 19, so he shouldn’t have had a gun.

Students are not allowed to keep the guns in their rooms – another violation for this student. But then, they’re not allowed to have drugs and drug paraphernalia in their rooms either – criminals don’t follow the rules, that’s why we call them criminals.

The officer still should have patted the student down for firearms, something he apparently neglected to do in this case.

Our prayers go out to his family and his fellow officers.

ADDED: Like I said;

As news of the shooting was breaking late Monday, the Texas Democrats’ Twitter account posted, “Allowing concealed guns on college campuses was a dumb and dangerous idea.”

[…]

Texas Democratic Party Deputy Executive Director Manny Garcia said in a statement Tuesday that “our words were inadequate, hurried and we apologize,” adding that the tweet has been removed.

Category: Guns

1. HMC Ret says:

Rest in Peace, Officer, and that you for your service.

2. IDC SARC says:

RIP

Sad…basic rule everyone is armed until proven otherwise.

3. Mark Lauer says:

I was gonna say; the narrative will become about the gun on campus, and Texas allowing concealed carry on campus.
    There will be scant coverage of the fact that this little hair bag had illegal drugs in his dorm room ON CAMPUS, that having illegal drugs ON CAMPUS is ILLEGAL (duh). They will not ask any questions as to why he was being checked on for his own welfare. Were his parents worried about him? Were his friends? Were his drug customers?
    What kind of background did this kid have before being allowed into college?
    This kid sure doesn’t sound like he came from your average white, middle class neighborhood so much as your low rent, I been on COPS about 40 times in my life, trailer park chic.

• Fyrfighter says:

Mark, from what I read, the kid is actually from a very well to do family, one that owns multiple movie theaters, and dad was a councilman back in the 90’s. That being said, this was apparently his second run in with law on campus for drugs, and he had at least one traffic citation as well.. And I agree with everything else you said on it

4. Yef says:

Well, since the ethnicity of the criminal have not been stated, should it be assumed some type of minority status?

• Weekend Warrior in Texas says:

I think he is Caucasian scumbag.

• CWORet says:

Naw. They got his smirking white stank-ass hippie mugshot plastered on a few sites. Capital murder of a peace officer in Texas. Please do the officer justice, people of Texas. Only thing that isn’t known yet is whether it was his weapon or the officers. Either way, Capital Murder over some silly possession charge is ridiculous. Yep, you’d have been expelled and going back to mom’s house, but now you’re getting re-sized by the boyz.

• Foxbat40 says:

At Texas Tech there aren’t very many minorities. The locals are very down to earth people. It may not even cross their mind to describe the person’s race.

Yes in Texas this kid will get the death penalty. There is probably video footage or multiple witnesses.

• CWORet says:

Well good. Thanks Fox. Set the whole damn world on fire for some petty bullshit possession charge. At 19. Smirky ass POS MFr. You got it coming you murdering POS Hollis Daniels. Rich kid too. 5 million bail? Don’t think daddy’s pockets are that deep. Have fun. No, I hope you don’t have fun. Not one minute. 48 year old Floyd East Jr was the victim. Wife, and two daughters. Sounds like POS Hollis Daniels pulled his own piece, not the officers’ but that still isn’t clear. You LEO’s out there, you know complacency kills. Just like when we were deployed or training. If you have reasonable cause to detain me; do it. And make sure you search and dis-arm me (I normally am). I won’t like it, I will (probably) complain about it, but I will comply. You may have to deal with IA, but you get to go home and prepare. This should not have happened. It’s stupid beyond comprehension. Be careful out there.

/I’m really angry about this. The officer seems(d) like a decent guy, probably dealing with an immature EMO he tried to help. And this happens. If I pissed anyone off, I apologize.

‘Ret out…

• Jonn Lilyea says:

Seriously? A cop is dead and you’re more concerned with superficial BS like melanin levels? What about the cop’s race?

• MrBill says:

(Open mouth, insert foot)

• SFC D says:

Hush Yef. Grown folks are talking. Dumbass.

• Yef says:

You know what?
        You are probably right. Every time I open my extremely sexy and pretty mouth you guys gang up on me for no reason at all.

I ask because it is SOP for the fake media to hide minority status for criminals while portraiting around white criminals, as in fact happened in this case.

My failure was in not realizing there was a picture out of the perp.

But I don’t click on links, not even if they come from Jonn, so there you go.

I blame all my failures on Jonn for not posting a picture of that dude heading this article.

And yes, you all suck and I need my safe space.

• OWB says:

Yeah, right. So you must really enjoy acting like a caricature of the typical millennial.

Those of us who disdain media fixation on race aren’t amused when commenters here display the same crap. The shooter is a criminal. That is all that matters. The sooner all criminals are held accountable for their actions the sooner we can get back to being a civil society for everyone. Race is never an excuse for being delusional.

• Bruno Stachel says:

“I blame all my failures on Jonn for not posting a picture of that dude heading this article”

“And yes, you all suck”

This is Jonn’s blog, Yef, and you are most definitely not in charge here.

Hopefully you have finally pushed it too far.

• Bruno Stachel says:

Yef: are you always this much of a clueless jackass, or are you putting out an extra special effort for us here today?

• timactual says:

” should it be assumed some type of minority status?”

Should we care?

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Yef, you’re worse than a lobotomized cherry 2LT on LSD.

5. Fjardeson says:

19 and life. Stupid kids.

So even college campuses are not a good place to send your kids to nowadays.

How about trade schools? Are they okay?

• MCPO NYC USN Ret. says:

Yes, they are. Journeyman level work in diesel, HVAC, plumbing and electrical can pull down 100k a year easy too.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

Get the best of both worlds: work your way through a useful degree via a skilled trade.

Smugly look at the lack of a student loan millstone in your financial rucksack, packed full of life-choice options instead.

• Steve1371 says:

I believe that working people of all races see each other as equals and see past things like skin color etc. We are all in the same boat rowing in the same direction. I also believe we have a much thicker skin than say pro football players.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

That and having a Journeyman’s card puts one in much higher demand than many four year degrees do in today’s job market.

• 10thMountainMan says:

I went to TSTC Waco, Electrical Power and Controls degree. 100% job placement for graduates. Really should be 400% job placement since everyone of us had at least four job offers. The lowest paying job I saw somebody take was a 19-year-old kid getting $25-26 an hour.

I graduated several years ago, but I believe I broke $100k my third year in the work force.

I just left a company for a new job and the negotiations went like this:

“Sure I’ll come over. My buddy is there with you guys and said it’s all good. I want a new Dodge Ram with the 5.7 Hemi for work and personal use. $20,000 up front sign-on, $50 an hour with double time Sundays and I want you to hire my friend coming home from Iraq in December.”

The trades are excellent. I know there is some Bible verse somewhere about skilled craftsmen not standing before shit-heads (paraphrased).

I would also like to point out to all of you young veterans that are finding it difficult to get into your groove as a civilian, that the trades convey a very deep “insider” status that comes with deep camaraderie, joys, and friendships that aren’t so different than platoons and MOS’s. The other great thing about the trades is that the money and promotions have NOTHING to do with birthright or golf skills. It’s all how much you know and you are able to do.

The president of the largest electrical testing company in the world only has an associates degree. He started with a hard hat and sweated/studied his way to the top.

/rant over/

But seriously, don’t overlook the trades or the trade schools.

7. The Other Whitey says:

At least Texas will most likely give the little bastard a nice little potassium OD.

This officer would’ve been shot with or without the new campus gun law, not that that will make a difference to the gun-grabbers.

8. Rb325th says:

Why the hell didn’t they search him? Rest in Peace Officer.

• Geetwillickers says:

Good question. But… it happens. More often than you would think. Cops are humans too, and sometimes (often) have so much to think about and do all at once, and most of it life and death, that they do screw up. Like in this video:

(Video is graphic… meaning you can see blood and brains outside their normal habitat. So, you’ve been warned.)

• MustangCryppie says:

This video was shown to us in the academy a couple of times. You just have to assume everyone is armed.

RIP brother.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

-all- humans are armed, -always-.

We are the most violent, most deadly critter on the planet, with the best of humanity having only a thin veneer of civilization, and the worst of humans possess the cunning to fake it.

• Steve1371 says:

I was expecting to see his head explode like a deer getting hit with a 30-30.

• MustangCryppie says:

One time, one of my beat partners was getting ready to transport a juvenile. Wasn’t even a criminal case. Just a transport.

I asked him if he had searched and he said no.

I did. Didn’t find anything, but that’s not the point. When I was a cop, I didn’t care what sex, what age, whatever you were. You got searched. A 13 year old or a 90 year old can kill you just as dead.

• Graybeard says:

Once, a long time ago, some Houston PD officers were at an event for Explorers (coed program of the BSA) doing demonstrations.

Long story short, one officer would stage a scene, using Explorers, for the other officer to respond to. He put my eldest son and his girlfriend in a car as an escaped drug dealer & his girlfriend (driver). The other LEO drove up, had the girlfriend get out, searched her, put her in the back. He realized that there was another suspect, had him get out. Saw he had a knife on his belt, had him toss it in the grass. Searched him and found a 2nd knife. Stuffed him – and had missed his 3rd knife.

It is easy to think you’ve found all the possible weapons and still miss one. It is hard to remember to search each suspect thoroughly for all possible weapons.

9. Sparks says:

Rest in peace Officer. God be with your family.

Is he armed? Should never be an unanswered question. I don’t care if he’s a 19 year old college student or a 9 year old altar boy.

10. Veritas Omnia Vincit says:

I’m of two minds on this…sorry for the loss of the officer, and sorry for the family on this terrible outcome..but drug prohibition kills a lot of people every year so this officer is not at all alone.

I’m more libertarian than conservative though and prohibition never works as we saw with alcohol. All we’ve done is create a violent atmosphere around the drug trade. The war on drugs is a joke and an affront to our personal liberties. The fourth amendment has been butchered by drug laws and the Patriot Act…

If you’re not free to consume a plant that you can grow yourself, you’re not free.

No doubt the statists among you will be arguing about why it’s important to keep them illegal and I understand your concern I just don’t share them. Some folks will abuse them the same as alcohol and some folks will die from that abuse.

The pursuit of happiness never guaranteed a perfect outcome for every life and not every individual is capable of surviving a truly free society. Drug prohibition has done nothing to benefit US citizens. It’s time for a different approach, one similar to alcohol which still kills a lot of people every year but is no longer illegal and consequently there is no longer a violent trade in alcohol.

11. Wilted Willy says:

May God be with the fallen officer and his family, I will be praying for all of you.
    God bless you all.

12. Herbert J Messkit says:

Read one report that the kid was not handcuffed and the booking officer was working at a computer with his back to him. Officer’s weapon was still in his holster

13. MrBill says:

Speaking of foot-in-mouth disease, the Texas Democratic Party has apologized after initially blaming the shooting on Texas’ campus carry law: http://www.kvia.com/news/texas/tx-democratic-party-apologizes-for-campus-carry-tweet-linked-to-texas-tech-shooting/635535853

• David says:

Let no tragedy go unexploited… cash green money someone said “yeah, we will have to retract it but it will still be out there, and more people will see the original tweet than will hear of a retraction.”

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

“Never let a good crisis go to waste.” – Rahm Emanuel

The left will never quit parading their true colors for all to see.

14. MCPO NYC USN Ret. says:

Search incident to arrest or Terry search should always be done.

However, some colleges and universities will never go hands on a student for the stupid/obvious reasons if today.

A certified PD would, I wonder if these officers and or college PD had a no hands on rule.

Very sad.