Papotia Reginald Wright in the news

| January 3, 2018 | 78 Comments

Stars & Stripes gets an opportunity to interview Papotia Reginald Wright who we featured last month when we caught him pretending to be a retired sergeant major of the Special Forces variety. He told S&S that he didn’t mean to deceive anyone, that it was just an honorary rank;

Wright, who goes by “Reggie,” told Stars and Stripes that his rank is honorary, not an attempt to mislead.

“Because I started the unit (the Honor Guard), I was the top NCO there,” he said. Wright has said he never claimed to be in Special Forces specifically, but that he drove trucks for the 75th Ranger Regiment and 5th Special Forces Group as an attachment.

Yeah, well, wearing a special forces tab, a Purple Heart medal, parachutist wings, none of which he earned, is an attempt to deceive, dumbass.

The article goes on to discuss Wright’s pudgy little adjutant, pretend-major Tammy Feliciano;

The post was signed by Maj. Tammy Feliciano from the group’s S-1 office, referring to personnel management sections in Army headquarters units.

The Guardians of the Green Beret claim they have been able to find no evidence that Feliciano served in the military after a Freedom of Information Act request to the National Personnel Records Center.

“She is calling herself a major. She was not active duty, she was not in the Guard, she was not in the Reserves,” Antson said. Wright says Feliciano is a civilian and the title was honorary. “She’s never been in the military and she’s never portrayed herself to be in the military.”

She could not be reached by Stars and Stripes for comment.

Yeah, her title was honorary, too, not an attempt to deceive. Here’s a picture of her wearing a Special Forces patch, with a Special Forces tab improperly displayed (worn only by soldiers who completed training);

She’s just a wee bit over the body fat limit, ain’t she?

Only way she gets in an MRAP is by greasing her ass and throwing in a cheesecake.

2. 26Limabeans says:

It’s like an honor vest. Bikers wear them all the time. It’s all about honor…

• Hondo says:

It’s all about honor…

Or the lack thereof.

“Not an attempt to mislead” my ass. “Reggie” here knew full well (or should have known) exactly what he was doing in wearing all that unearned stuff. And if the “Major” didn’t because of having never served, he should have set her straight.

My guess is that they’re simply riding this as a cash cow. I’d love to see an independent audit of their “group’s” finances.

• Cpl/Major Mike says:

What does a vest or bike have to do with this article, or anything else for that matter? I know plenty of guys with vests and a few with bikes, I also know they served. BTW, I own neither.

• 26limabeans says:

It’s a reference to one of the common excuses used by posers. I should mark my snark with a /s.

• Cpl/Major Mike says:

Vests and bikes seem to be pretty much a Vietnam thing so I wonder what the standard Iraq/Afghan poser will choose to wear in order to look the look in a few years, but gotta include a Trident and wraparound sunglasses for sure.

• Hondo says:

Demographics at work. With Harleys costing well north of $20k these days, many if not most Harley riders are senior (which generally also means “older”) professionals. Most Iraq/Afghanistan vets aren’t that far along in their careers yet and thus can’t afford to spend $20k on a bike they ride on weekends/trips only.

3. USAFRetired says:

How does wearing a uniform not “portray herself to be in the military.”

Does this clown count towards both 2017 and 2018 stats?

4. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Maybe her next claim will to have been a Cadet major in JROTC thus she felt entitled to calling herself that rank? She needs to wear a striped outfit so one can tell if she’s walking or rolling down the street!

• Combat Historian says:

When I was in high school JROTC, we had some hardcore gals in our unit who later went on to be RA, ARNG, and USAR field-grade officers. They would have taken one look at this pudgy little ‘tard and told her to either shape up or ship out to the glee club…

5. IDC SARC says:

I’d hit it.

6. 1610desig says:

I’m sure I saw the “Major” floating by during the 2017 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade, farting for propulsion…an obscene zeppelin

7. sj says:

Seems we once had an Honorary CPO? Wonder what happened to him? /sarc

8. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

From the S & S Article:

“The 8th Special Forces New York Honor Guard is officially defunct, Wright told Stars and Stripes in December.

“If people don’t want us to bury veterans, that’s a shame. That is what our mission was,” he said.”

Hmmmm, Victim Card Display while flipping and flopping around?

• PFM says:

Yeah, why use the NYARNG when you can use these jackwagons.

• Graybeard says:

When we buried my father, we had to settle for some ROTC members. Don’t know why they couldn’t get some NG or a veteran’s group to do the flag.

That said, those ROTC boys did an outstanding job.

• Hondo says:

Because the NYNG does it as a duty and these other “fine individuals” only want “donations”.

Well, that’s IMO what those other “fine individuals” probably would say.

• SSG Kane says:

I won’t do funerals anymore. And its not because I want to be paid for my time, or collect donations for a charity, or that I can’t get orders.

I’ve quite simply done too many. Its emotionally exhausting work, young or old, and seeing the tears, the recriminations, and the standing there while taps is played or the final roll call kills is harder on me than Iraq or Afghanistan was.

Hell man, I’d rather go back to NTC in July…

So now, I’m resolved to do them when I have a personal connection and thats it.

• Jay says:

I feel you bro: between 2001-2007 I did 113 funeral details, including 7 KIAs and 2 CACOs. To this day I STILL hate driving by a cemetery, especially when they have the awning tents set up. SHit is hard man.

• SSG Kane says:

Pardon the expression, but Holy Fuck. Props to you for for that.

I had to stop after 35. And I never had CACO duty. It got to the point I couldn’t watch scenes in movies or on TV that showed those services.

You are a stronger man than I.

• Graybeard says:

As a family member (although my WWII-vet father died of old age, so I may not count):

Thank you both, SSG Kane and Jay, for that most difficult of duties. You’ll hear no recriminations from me for having to stop.

• SSG Kane says:

Thank you.

Young, old, KIA, suicide, accident, old age, it all matters and counts.

We had a hard time filling out teh honor guard for my grandfather (small town not many vets) and because it mattered to me I told myself I’d volunteer if the opportunity every arose.

• Hondo says:

Jay, SSG Kane: my thanks. Duty isn’t always pleasant. But that one is IMO particularly important.

FWIW: I’m not sure I could have lasted anywhere near as long as either of you in that role. It’s one of the “short straw” duties I never drew.

• PFM says:

I traveled all over the Southern Tier of NY for a few years doing the detail for the NYARNG – froze my butt off many a time :). Most memorable service was one where the pastor forgot to show – was an awkward moment when he arrived an hour late. We performed the ceremonies, and a group of Marine Corps League gents provided the firing party. Was a distinct honor providing that service for veterans, from the tiniest backwoods cemetery to the Federal level. Many a time at the national cemetery in Bath there would be us, the funeral director and the VA director – no family or friends. Sad way to go, but at least someone was present to send the deceased off. This was 10 years ago, and the number of WWII and Korea vets passing weekly was astounding. I’m sure that they are well into the Vietnam era vets, now.

9. OldManchu says:

This is why I don’t join or participate in jackshit regarding veteran this and veteran that.

10. Graybeard says:

Papotia Reginald Wright and Tammy Feliciano are a pair of liars.
    Papotia Reginald Wright and Tammy Feliciano share more body fat than a pen of corn-fed hogs.
    Papotia Reginald Wright and Tammy Feliciano are unable to carry the full battle rattle of a real veteran.
    Papotia Reginald Wright and Tammy Feliciano are brainless doofuses.
    Papotia Reginald Wright and Tammy Feliciano possibly, but unconfirmed, tag-team the winos behind the Flying J.

Papotia Reginald Wright and Tammy Feliciano should be exposed to all humiliation due them and their lies and excuses.

11. HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Papotia Reginald Wright = Special Feces

12. SSG Kane says:

This honorary rank/title shit is cropping up more and more in the Army Reserves (at least). The unit I just left had an E-7 (Sergeant First Class) is insist we call her “First Sergeant” (Top to her friends) because she was the highest ranking NCO in the company.

Our BN Sergeant Major was an E-8, who told us we needed to call him Sergeant Major because he was the acting Sergeant Major.

Neither of them were “promotable” (didn’t have time in grade or NCOES).

I’ve had members of the RPAC tell me I needed to address them by their “honorary title” of captian, major, and commander, rather than just Mr or Ms.

That’s not how this shit works. Ranks are not titles. They are earned.

13. Jeff LPH 3, 63-66 says:

Is that a Battle of New Orleans combat action ribbon (1814) awarded to him from Gen. Andrew Jackson? This guy should have started on the WRIGHT track and not deceive people.

14. Martinjmpr says:

I think y’all are missing the opportunity to expand the definition of the term “honorary.”

Just think of the possibilities: “No, judge, I didn’t embezzle the $2 million entrusted to me by the victim. I made myself an ‘honorary’ wealthy man with it. It was HONORARY!”

“No, your honor, I wasn’t illegally selling drugs. I made myself an honorary pharmacist, selling needed medicine to the community’s unfortunate drug addicts.”

“I wasn’t trying to escape from the police when I led them on that high speed chase across 6 counties. I made myself an honorary NASCAR driver and the highway became an honorary race track!”

“When I shot that guy who I suspected of sleeping with my wife, I was an honorary Navy SEAL and he was an honorary terrorist, so actually, I’m an honorary HERO!”

The possibilities are endless….

15. Sparks says:

She’s fat enough I think she shit him out.

16. Dave Hardin says:

All of us are guilty of being disingenuous from time to time. The Soviet recently busted me doing it while we were out.

I told the twinkled toed dipshit that tried to jump his quarters over mine on the pool table, “I’m not trying to be an asshole but…”

Zoya was quick to point out to everyone, “You’re always an asshole”.

A good spousal unit keeps us honest.

• Duane says:

Dave,
      You should have known that you don’t open the door with a comment like that and not expect the Russian to correct you! My Irish better half does the same to me frequently 🙂

17. smoke-check says:

Its just about honor you guys. She never joined the military so she just velcroed badges on ‘er over sized uniform.

18. JimV says:

Tisk Tisk Tisk. Sharp classes for the group.

19. W2 says:

HAHA, all you Army dudes focusing on her BS special forces patch and you didn’t notice the dipshit to its left in the picture wearing service dress cinder block (ACU’s) with his flag patch on backwards. That’s some straight up USN attention to detail right there and you’re welcome.

OK, now batteries release.

20. 26Limabeans says:

Can she even see without those coke bottles?