Marty Allen passes

| February 13, 2018 | 14 Comments

Bobo sends us the sad news that comedian Marty Allen (born Morton David Alpern) passed at the age of 95 yesterday from pneumonia complications.

He served in Italy during World War II. According to Wiki;

He was stationed in Italy where he attained the rank of sergeant and earned a Soldier’s Medal for his bravery during a fire which happened while a plane was being refueled. His heroism also earned him a full-dress parade.

Category: We Remember

Hello dere!

2. Sparks says:

Rest in peace Mr. Allen. Thanks for the laughs.

3. Graybeard says:

Marty Allen: “Hello, dere.”
    St. Peter: “Hello, yourself. Welcome to the show. I’d say go out and kill ’em, but everyone here has already died their allotted once.”

4. Ex-Garbage Gun Shooter says:

Way back when I was in high school I worked at the coffee shop in the Sahara Hotel as a busboy. One evening Marty Allen went back behind the partition were did this and that and started fixing himself a sandwich. I told him to take a hike. Didn’t know he was a star… He gave read me the riot act in two languages, almost got me fired, and then he than after finishing his meal Marty left me a very impressive tip ($$$) before he headed back to his show.

Rest easy, Marty and thank you for the many smiles I’ve enjoyed while recalling our meeting.

Hello dere!

Got to see him in a small venue once. A superbly funny man.

6. RGR 4-78 says:

Rest in Peace.

7. Commissioner Wretched says:

From the Hollywood Squares:

Peter Marshall: Marty, you’re from Pittsburgh, right?
    Marty Allen: Pittsburgh, yeah.
    PM: Well, what does a guy from Philadelphia dunk his pretzel in?
    MA: A girl from New Jersey!

Thanks for the laughs, Mr. Allen. I’m sure you got a rousing “Hello dere!” when you got to the Pearly Gates.

8. 26Limabeans says:

That troll hair!
    Funny guy on all the late nite shows.

Rest in peace brother.