Greg Quillen; phony SEAL

| February 14, 2018 | 60 Comments

Our partners at Military Phonies share their work on this fellow, Greg Quillen, who claims to be a Navy SEAL.

Perhaps more incredible is his claim that he was struck by lightning seven times.

There was a fellow who was struck by lightning seven times – Roy Sullivan;

In case you’re wondering, the odds of getting struck by lightning are about one in 280,000,000. The odds of getting struck by lightning seven times are 4.15 in 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

When Sullivan did pass away, it was a bullet, not a bolt, that did him in. He died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in 1983 at the age of 71, perhaps tired of constantly fearing a fatal strike.

Since Quillen isn’t Sullivan, we have to doubt his claim, otherwise he’d be Sullivan-famous.

Anyway, Quillen is not a SEAL – he was a PR1 when he retired after twenty years – a parachute rigger E-6.

No SEAL training.

1. Graybeard says:

I think he was misunderstood – he got aholt of some bad White Light’n 7 times and woke up in the gutter with a pounding headache and unable to remember where he had been or where he was.

/sarc

• The Stranger says:

More like a pounding ass ache…

• Wilted Willy says:

I really was struck by lightning once and that was enough! That really lit up my ass! I was just happy to survive that, much less 7 times? I call bullshit on this one!

• Graybeard says:

My favorite son-in-law was trying to repair a water leak, laying on the ground in the rain with his arm in a hole up to his shoulder when a bolt hit a tree about 10′ away. We’re lucky that he is still alive.

I was in an old wall-tent, in my cot, when a largish bolt hit the tree about 8′ away and blew debris all over.

I was close enough that I could not hear the concussion because I was inside it.

It took me years to not get a wee bit anxious whenever I heard thunder. I’ll be happy to never have that experience again.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

He meant to say that he was DORKED IN THE SQUEAKHOLE at least SEVEN TIMES… in one afternoon!

GREG QUILLEN = STOLEN VALOR ASSCLOWN

2. 1610desig says:

Dude’s forehead has undergone a tectonic plate shift…years of adrenaline-fueled stress packing those chutes

3. Ret_25X says:

rigger–SEAL…I mean, what’s the difference?

Oh, that….

LOL

4. ChipNASA says:

This Mo Fo sure is a doubling down Legend In His Own Mind.

5. Jeff LPH 3, 63-66 says:

Is he from Florida? Are the Seals still behind at the TAH starting gate this week?

6. Bill R. says:

When I was a kid, one of my Little League teammates had been struck by lightning twice and electrocuted once. I don’t think we ever decided whether he was lucky to be alive or unlucky around electricity.

7. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

He looks like his head caught on fire and someone beat it out with an Ugly Club®™!

Good news for those keeping state scores. He wrote that he was looking forward to moving BACK to Florida. That’s gotta be worth a half point, at least.

9. Sandman says:

Anyone remember the other Navy rigger who claimed SEAL by association? I’ll give you a hint, his name rhymes with Fucklew!

10. Claw says:

You people out there who don’t Facebook are really missing out on seeing what kind of groups he belongs to.

Here’s just a couple of them:

Kinky facebook singles

Dating With Herpes

Other names of groups you have to run through a foreign language translation program and I’m not even going to hazard a guess as to what they are.

11. JURRASSICHM says:

Riggers used to get jump qualified at training. Maybe he hit his head really really hard once and woke up believing he was a SEAL. I bet his nickname was Cro-Magnon.

12. Slick Goodlin says:

Side note:

Are any military branch parachute riggers, other than the U.S. Army, required to be parachute qualified?

I know U.S. Army parachute riggers must be parachute qualified and jump parachutes that they have personally packed.

13. Sandman says:

I showed Quillen the way here, if he shows should be interesting.

• Daisy Cutter says:

He’s a fruit loop, based on his comments.

He doesn’t like to talk background information on an open channel, as he claims.

He doesn’t realize that Facebook is a SCIF, so he should be good. Besides, what’s discussed on Facebook or TAH, stays on Facebook or TAH.

• Daisy Cutter says:

Quillen claims that: “You won’t be able to confirm anything thru nsa, cia, or fbi. To many leaks in the system.”

I thought that you all should know, just so we can manage expectations.

14. Old 1SG, US Army (retired) says:

Now that’s really low, Stolen Lore…

Claiming to have been struck by lightning seven times – very disrespectful to our uniformed personnel in the National Park Service!

Darn Park Rangers never get a break, they won’t let them wear Ranger tabs on their uniforms and now this…

15. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Greg Quillen looks like he’s at least half Caveman, definitely the product of an orgy at some family reunion.

16. Atkron says:

Fighting the bad guys one at a time with his Singer.

• AW1Ed says:

Hey Quillen, got my fukkin’ name tags made up yet?

(I would never speak to a squadron para-rigger this way- I made sure to let them know how much I appreciated what they did for me)

17. MCPO NYC USN Ret. says:

This guy has some bad luck, aye?

18. E4 Mafia For Life. says:

He didn’t ask anyone for a 57″ 4K TV or a front tire for his Harley?

19. RCAF-CHAIRBORNE says:

He looks like the Darwinian ‘Missing Link’ to our evolution. I wonder if he can make fire?? Does he fingerpaint hunting and nature scenes on the walls and ceiling??
    Greg Quillan = Homo Phonniass Neanderthalis

20. O-4E says:

Go easy on this primitive

He’s only the second generation in his family to walk upright

This loser has taken multiple pumps in his two-hole.

22. jeff monroe says:

So he retires and does 20 and a PR to boot and yet he had to go do the Special Operations crap and in Norfolks Beach Area stupid as stupid does!!

23. Mark Lauer says:

Honorable career fucked by stupid.

24. RM3(SS) says:

Bet he likes some French Fried Taters, mmmmm humm

20 years and not even a retirement NAM.

I’ll leave it to you to speculate why.