Ruben Lopez; phony SEAL

| March 13, 2018 | 59 Comments

Our partners at Military Phonies share their work on this fellow, Ruben Lopez, who claims that he was a wounded Navy SEAL who participated in the Grenada Operation and Afghanistan in his more than 30 years of Naval service;

The Navy doesn’t remember it that way;

Ruben Lopez served in the United States Navy from December 1979 to November 1989. That is 21 fewer years than he claims. He left the Navy as a Construction Electricians Mate 2nd Class (E5). His medals include 2 Good Conduct Medals and one Expert Rifle Medal. His records show no schools associated with SEAL Training or a Purple Heart Medal.

1. RCAF-CHAIRBORNE says:

Perfectly good, honourable service that he should have been proud of…..right down the shitter

Electricians earn good money, don’t they?

What do real SEALs do when they leave the Navy? Not hire themselves out as plumbers, right?

This is just silly. And stupid. And dimwitted. And I wouldn’t trust him to change my light bulbs or find the circuit breaker box or install the new blower motor in my furnace.

What an idiot!

3. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

A cueball-headed cocksucker with more hair on his head than brains.

4. Radioactive G-spot says:

A 10-year Bee, 2 good cookies, a few cruises/overseas assignments and he shits it away. I’ll never understand the need to be something/someone else.

5. MCPO NYC USN Ret. says:

What he meant to say was that as a CB he was stationed in Rosey Roads (RR) and saw some SEALs from NSW Unit FOUR at RR and then he promoted himself to a retired MCPO SEAL after his failed attempt as an honorable Sailor.

• NECCSEABEECPO says:

Well the NMCB camp is next to the NSW camp. PW where he was, is also near it not next to it. We NMCB partyed with them alltime also had a project on the camp in 89. We would also fight from time to time, just to do something. We had a bar on our camp. I had key to the passage gate between both camps does that count. Also did Dive test in the compound, so that counts.

6. Guard Bum says:

He did study at the “naval Collage” though…..

7. Wilted Willy says:

Just another phony cocksucking poser that couldn’t wipe a real SEAL’s ass! I say drop him off at Coronado during Hell week and the the SEAL’s have a new beach toy?

8. Jay says:

What is this…have we hit double digits on fake SEALs yet this year?

Interesting that the last line on his record of assignments is completely blacked out. That’s unusual.

In fact, the only time I can remember most/all of a line on a record of assignments being blacked out in a FOIA reply is when context indicated the blacked out entry contained something that could be considered derogatory. Dunno if that’s the case here or not, though.

10. USAF RET says:

What the hell? What is the thought process behind this idiocy? He’s done his service for 10 years now living in LV doing his thing. Why start lying about your service all these years later. He punched the day I commissioned, so I can say I never served with the fool.

11. HMCS(FMF) ret says:

I hope that RUBEN LOPEZ will drop on by and regale us with his phony stories of SOOPER SEEKRIT SQUEAKHOLE OPS while he was a PHONEY E-9 and NAVY SEAL!

Fucking cocksucking assclown…

12. Sandman says:

Well Ole Ruben blocked me,,but not before I shared his TAH link on all his reviews,,,,which he cannot delete.

13. 1610desig says:

Dude has an affinity for wearing fucked up hats

14. Combat Historian says:

Ten good years flushed down the sewer…now just another lying POS…too bad…

15. 11B-Mailclerk says:

One of the Cowboys I shoot with monthly is a retired SeaBee. (And at 80+, can still shoot pretty darn good) He gets tons of respect.

Why on earth would someone not believe CB to be boast-worthy service ?

Sheeeeesh.

16. Atkron says:

Ruben Lopez…Dude, you were a Seabee. That in and of itself is nothing to be ashamed of. Had I not gone into the Aviation side, that is probably where I would have wanted to go.

Damn…now you done pissed off all your whole hive.

17. lily says:

It’s better to be a private e-1 with an OTH who served in combat arms than be a Navy vet with 10 years of service and an honorable discharge and be a phony Navy Seal.

18. Rock says:

Personally, if I was a Bee, I would brag about being a Bee. When I was at NCTAMS (the big commstas) I used to drink with the Bees attached to us and heard pretty cool stories about the job. The RMs/ITs I know that went Bee seemed to love it as well. I thought about going Bee, but they sent me to the sandbox another way instead. Go Seabees!

Oh, yes the Bees at TAMS had cake jobs. Make sure the generators work, the batteries work, and the phones worked. The only requirement was they had to either have TS or S, I forgot which….I remember we still had to sanitize when they came into our spaces thought.

19. Scotty says:

His spousal unit made an appearance on the military phonies blog.
    Her excuse is that we only have the first 10 years of his service record.

• Hondo says:

Highly doubtful. The Navy was using SSNs for ID numbers by the time this guy served. Any subsequent service would use the same SSN – and would show up when records were first checked. In fact, I strongly suspect his records (or a copy thereof) would have been requested from archives and “married up” with his newer ones after a break in service.

Plus, USNR service is Federal service. So if he’s trying to claim RC service, that would be listed there also. And last time I checked, the Navy was the only service (AC or RC) that had SEALs.

Of course, he could always prove his claim by sending (or having his spouse send) a copy of “the rest of his service records” to either Jonn or to Military Phonies. I’d love to see precisely what “the rest of his service records” looks like.

If they exist, that is. I’m guessing they don’t.

• IDC SARC says:

10 years of service would put him on the edge(likely over)of the maximum age qualification requirements to apply for BUDS…if there’s any significant out time after 89′ even if he went in when he was eighteen, he would have needed an age waiver for BUDS training.

Ruben Lopez might be a phony SEAL but he is a real-deal Turd….!

21. Jeff LPH 3, 63-66 says:

Hey Ruben; How long is a short circuit. Is he from Florida??????

• Hondo says:

One of the screen captures above says he lives in the Vegas area now, but was originally from Hialeah, FL. But given his apparent false claims concerning his military record, maybe those claims are false too.

22. Civilwarrior says:

I was a 31M. That’s pretty much an Army Ranger, or a SEAL, or Space Shuttle Door Gunner.

Fleet dominoes champion 1981 and 1982. That’s nothing to sneeze at.

24. radar says:

My sergeant in Okinawa was roommates at an off-base apartment with a Seabee, and I got to know a few of them through him. They were pretty impressive guys who did some amazing things. Why being a Seabee isn’t enough for some people, I’ll never understand.