Space Force; Trump trolls media

| March 14, 2018 | 71 Comments

The president is always looking for ways to toss the media out of it’s orbit. His latest was at a San Diego Marine Corps base where he audibly ruminated about a “Space Force” to battle an enemy outside of our atmosphere, according to Associated Press.

Saying his national security strategy “recognizes that space is a war-fighting domain, just like the land, air and sea,” Trump said at a San Diego Marine Corps base that he’s considering “a space force” that would be the equivalent of the Air Force, Army and Navy.

Trump said at first he wasn’t serious when he floated the concept, but “then I said what a great idea, maybe we’ll have to do that.”

Last week we were treated to the media reaction to Trump’s apparent embracing of the idea of a President for life. This week, it’s hand-wringing over the United Federation of Planets taking over the solar system.

Expert level trolling.

Category: Politics

1. SgtM says:

I’m gonna sign up. Hope I get to shower with all those hot chicks.

2. Combat Historian says:

It should be a combined coalition force so that our allies can share the cost, with Space Battleship YAMATO as the flagship…

United Space Fleet, consisting of Search & Rescue ships (Angels) to snatch populations in danger of decimation by the Enemy of All Humankind and Juggernaughts full of USFMarines — yeah, I’m on it!

Way ahead of DTrump! I was there firstest!

I’d better get my Space Shuttle Doorgunner cert framed!

4. Sgt Fon says:

The only good bug is a dead bug!

• Ex-PH2 says:

Yeah, it’s a bug hunt!

• Fjardeson says:

A Xenomorph? What?

“It’s a bug hunt.”

• The Other Whitey says:

I’m ready, man! Check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna fuck with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don’t worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Fwap ! Fry half a city with this puppy! We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks…

5. Mason says:

The media doesn’t get it. He really gets off on making them panic every day. They think they’re showing the world how crazy he is, but they come off like Chicken Littles as they push a super pro-DNC agenda.

Meanwhile Trump’s supposed lack of understanding of international affairs has the Norks coming to the negotiating tables, apparently willing to denuclearize.

6. Sgt Fon says:

I need a corporal. You’re it, until you’re dead or I find someone better….

7. Sgt Fon says:

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the Galaxy. Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?

8. Dustoff says:

Not needed. The Javelin penetrates all known Martian armour.
    tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxpjdytEPdo

9. Sgt Fon says:

if your wondering, Starship Troopers was the only movie i had on my first toure in Iraq 🙂

10. USAF RET says:

I’m in as long I don’t have to wear the red uniform. Those dudes always get killed first. At least on the old Trek.

11. 26Limabeans says:

Trump is Rod Serling and the media is his Twilight Zone.

12. Graybeard says:

Somewhere Robert Heinlein and Gene Rodenberry are smiling.

13. AW1Ed says:

Private Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?

Private Vasquez: No. Have you?

*grin*

14. Roh-Dog says:

“Nuke the [fake news orgs] from orbit–it’s the only way to be sure”

15. Sparks says:

I’ll sign up, as long as they’ll still use Hueys.

• Claw says:

Roger That!!

When the very last UH-60 Blackhawk is deleted from the active Army property books, a Huey will sling load it out to the boneyard./smile

• The Other Whitey says:

I just found out that my department is planning on replacing our Huey fleet statewide with Blackhawks. Needless to say, this sacrilege faces widespread resistance (not that they care what we think, but still) on grounds of practicality as well as principle.

They are citing increased capability. We are saying, “Like what? Higher cost? Increased maintenance? More expensive parts? Type-transition training for pilots? Much larger required LZs? Much lower ground clearance for rotor blade tips? Increased fuel consumption?”

Not saying the Blackhawk is a bad aircraft, because it’s not. It outperforms the Huey in a lot of roles. But the Huey does more things better for less money, especially in the wide world of wildland firefighting. Blackhawks have been commercially available for decades, but Hueys—especially long-body single-engine H models—have been the mainstay of firefighting, because they are simply better for it. Big enough to carry a decent load without needing five clear, flat acres to land on, maneuverable, versatile, easy to fly (as helicopters go, anyway), and easy to fix. Even LA County Fire, the first to put a civvie Blackhawk on the fireline, still runs more Hueys, because they’re just better birds for the job.

• SFC D says:

I saw a pic once in the 80’s, a CH-54 slingloading a Chinook, a Huey slung below that, and a Loach slung below the Huey. Anybody know if that’s actually possible?

• The Other Whitey says:

Anything is possible with Photoshop!

Actually wouldn’t surprise me. Skycranes (as we call the CH-54) can do some really amazing things.

• Claw says:

Nope. Don’t think so. A set-up like that would create too much of an oscillation to pull off.

Saw me a Skycrane once with two Hueys strapped together side by side as a sling load, but I’m thinking having too many birds single file hanging under wouldn’t be possible to either hook up or unhook.

Just my thoughts as a Huey Crew Chief.

• SFC D says:

This was pre-photoshop. My thoughts were that a load that long with differing weights at intervals would set up some kind of sine wave and cause some major pilot intestinal issues.

• Dinotanker says:

There was an aerial logging company out of North Bend (Washington) that used to run Skycranes (I saw two). The last time I went through there, I went to look for them but the company had gone out of business. Always thought aerial logging was spendy as hell, but it was great to see a Skycrane for real.

• The Other Whitey says:

Go someplace that’s on fire. You’ll see Skycranes with slingload buckets and modular tanks. Take your pick.

• Dinotanker says:

Thanks TOW! 🙂

My team was going to get sent up to a huge fire in NE WA a few years back. There was a decommissioned Uranium mine that was in the path of the fire and some folks in Western WA were concerned that if the area burned over there would be huge release of radioactive material. The thought was to do several series of air samples for radiochemical analyses. So we got ready to roll, someone reminded our Director that the fire was mostly on the Spokane Reservation and that we actually better ask permission to show up. The IC said thanks, but unless you are sending a fire engine with your radiation dudes, no thanks. I was willing to go, but we probably would have had to have a team of firefighters with us to provide some kind of safety and that would have removed a much needed elsewhere asset. Calmer minds prevailed and we stayed out of the way.

But I do love helimochoppers and the Skycrane is one awesome helo!

16. Arby says:

Hey, not all illegal aliens come into the US by land, sea, or air. We need to be protected on all fronts.

17. 11B-Mailclerk says:

Marvin the Martian unavailable for comment….

18. FatCircles0311 says:

He’s not trolling though. Liberals are hysterical about anything military and defense unless it involve a gay parade fornication in public that is.