Jessica Baeder; Miss America’s Outstanding Teen accepted at West Point

| April 10, 2018 | 47 Comments

MCPO sends us a link to the news that Jessica Baeder, from Alabama, who was named last year as Miss America’s Outstanding Teen accepted an appointment at West Point.

Miss America’s Outstanding Teen announces that its national titleholder, Jessica Baeder, has accepted an appointment to the United States Military Academy at West Point. “In joining the Long Gray Line, I am honored to continue the military legacy of my father, grandfathers and great-grandfathers, who all served in the military,” says Baeder. “This has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl.”

Baeder was especially influenced by her father, Patrick, who was an Army Ranger and was serving with the much-celebrated 10th Mountain Division in New York when she was born. Her grandfather was a career soldier in the U.S. Army Special Forces and a founding member of the elite Delta Force unit, where he served for more than 35 years, with an additional decade of service with the Defense Intelligence Agency.

Baeder, an 18-year-old honors student at Auburn High School in Auburn, Alabama, will attend the Academy this fall for military leadership training and plans to pursue an engineering degree with an emphasis on biomedical sciences.

Category: Army News

1. Wilted Willy says:

I sure wouldn’t mind doing close order drill with her!! What an outstanding young woman! I’m sure she will drive the moonbats crazy!! Go gettem Girl!!!

• rgr1480 says:

Dude! Did you read what her father and grandfather were???

• Graybeard says:

Which means that they probably have taught her more ways to kill a guy than most SF guys can dream of.

And I bet she shoots well, too.

• M S says:

She holds black belts in both Taekwondo and Hapkido. Her father is a Master level martial artist under Col. GM Julian S. Lim (U.S. Army SF honorary Col. and Col. in Malaysian Special Forces). Her father runs Auburn Academy of Martial Arts. She is an extremely capable martial artist and guaranteed she would push your nose through your face.

The very best of luck to this young woman. To her family’s outstanding credentials, she has now added begun to add her own. Congrats.

3. Retired Master says:

Congratulations, wishing you nothing but the best!!

4. ChipNASA says:

TAH Hot womens trifecta in play.
    😛
    Good on her.

5. David says:

Just think, Jonn, a bevy of girls like today’s lot served piping hot every day and you’d get more hits than HuffPo. Some would come for the pics, but there would always be the faithful who would read the articles and reviews.

6. HMC Ret says:

You go, girl. My hat is off to you and all women who choose this path. Mrs. HMC Ret, the Russian, tells me of certain ‘difficulties’ when she joined in 1970. While it is vastly improved from that time, IMO, and just IMO, it takes a woman with certain fortitude to enter into what is still, in large part, a man’s world. Yes, vastly improved but still certain challenges remain. My hat is off to all women who seek this path. You go, girl. And, BTW, you are simply gorgeous.

7. AW1Ed says:

Congrats, young lady! With her bloodline was there ever any doubt?

That being said, Go Navy, Beat Army!

I think she’s done a fine job, and I wish her well in her career.

9. Airborne says:

Mom was Miss NC, married a General first

10. Carlton G. Long says:

I knew the future wasn’t hopeless. It will be particularly and ironically amusing when her first company command in the Army includes Pvt David Hogg, who has enlisted because he has $300,000 in student loan debt yet can’t find a job more lucrative than Starbucks barrista…

11. MrFace says:

That is, also, one right fit bird.

Cheers,
    MrFace

12. 26Limabeans says:

“engineering degree”

a wise choice.

13. Sparks says:

Best of luck and good fortune to you Miss Baeder!

I couldn’t imagine the demerits I would get for “eye ballin’ the area” if she was nearby.

14. Club Manager, USA ret. says:

Only problem I see is Auburn HS. Rolllllll tide.

15. MCPO NYC USN Ret. says:

Perhaps in 5 years this young officer can look a terrorist straight in the eyes and say, “I know what you are looking at, you wretched piece of crap, and using the skills my father and grandfather taught me, along with my USMA experience, I am going to kill you now … with my bare hands”.