WTAF?

| April 15, 2018 | 148 Comments

I don’t know what is going on in this video, but I’m pretty sure I don’t like it;

Category: Air Force

1. Ret_25X says:

she must identify as a sock puppet

2. AW1Ed says:

Sock puppet re-enlistment?

Because nothing says “Warfighter” like a sock puppet re-enlistment!

How far we have fallen….

3. borderbill (a NIMBY/BANANA) says:

Well——(?)

4. HMCS(FMF) ret says:

JEEZUZ… WTF was that? And coming from a SNCO!?!?!

Can’t wait for ChipNASA and the other AF brethren to chime in on this farce…

5. A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

Oh. Fuck. No. Not even remotely funny and IMHO both parties involved need to have their asses reamed.

6. The Guvna says:

What a mockery of the oath I have taken 3 times.

7. IDC SARC says:

So..you’re saying this ISN’T normal for the Air Force?

8. AW1Ed says:

Sea Story Alert.
    There I was, my last re-enlistment. I chose to have the ceremony performed in-flight, on the mighty P-3 Orion, with my DivO administering. We moseyed up to the flight station, and I grabbed a NB-8 Navy Backpack parachute on the way up. The Ell-Tee first discharged me from the Navy, and was a bit surprised when I began to don the parachute.

“AW1Ed, what are you doing?”
    “Just Mr.Ed now, sir. Please ask the Flight Station to depressurize, ’cause I’ll be getting out here.”

His look was priceless, and the Flight Engineer couldn’t stop laughing through the rest of the ceremony.

9. 1610desig says:

So, I’m guessing this is the Tennessee Air National Guard? Very high standards. I see two assholes, and two assholes dumb enough to have themselves videotaped…for that I thank them…

10. Frankie Cee says:

Well, it IS Tennessee. Ho-hum.

11. The Stranger says:

I would be smoking EVERYBODY involved in this, including the cameraman, family members, and anyone unfortunate enough to be in the path of the Smoke-nado!

12. David says:

Uh…if you look at her hand as she drops it, you see it change from sockpuppet to bare hand. Is it still Photoshop if it is video?

13. Sapper3307 says:

Before it breeds!!!

14. Michael Yates says:

That damn officer should be relieved and the poor excuse of a SNCO should be demoted to a pay grade commensurate to her mentality, CIVILIAN. Wonder if she uses the sock puppet in counciling and training younger troops? Disgraceful!

• A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

Amen to that, how in the ever-loving fuckety-fuck does she ever expect anyone to take her seriously after some stupid stunt like that? I’m sure they’ll get a shitstorm of well-deserved ass-reamings very soon if they haven’t started to already.

Looking for a brick wall….

What in the actual fuck?

17. MSG Eric says:

Even for the Air National Guard this is ridiculous.

Yeah, they won’t last long after this goes viral and someone at the Pentagon has to brief it to a 4 star or even Mattis.

• CWORet says:

Brief it to Mattis. Yea. Wouldn’t want to the guy that has to brief that. “Good Lord! Mattis just ate the messenger!” If it was a joke, well, some jokes just aren’t meant to be video taped and shared amongst the masses.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

People would be barking like foxes if they had to brief this to the SECDEF… and the ass reaming they would be getting in return would shake the establishment.

18. Skyjumper says:

Youse guys have it all wrong!

She’s just beginning to learn the hand motions for the “Chicken Dance”! 😉

19. JimV says:

I have only had a reenlistment ceremony one time. That was the first time I re-upped. All other times I just signed some paperwork.

The last time I reenlisted I really wasn’t planning on doing so. I was over 20 and was planning on getting out of the the military. Our reenlistment NCO just assumed that I was going to re-up.

I said to the re-up NCO when she brought me some paperwork to sign for six more years, “what makes you think that I want to reenlist?” The NCO thought I was just kidding. “Sign your contract, I am busy and have other things to do.” I signed it.

I later told the NCO that I was serious and wasn’t planning on reenlisting. She was shocked and told me that she would tear up the contract if I wanted. “Nah, don’t bother, six more years!”

Two years later, while returning to Fort Knox Kentucky on a Saturday night, I was hit head-on by a drunk driver and almost killed. I spent over four months in the hospital learning how to walk again. Funny how things happen.

20. Sparks says:

I don’t know what the fuck that was but I know I damned well don’t like it. Not one bit. That is a solemn oath which I took for our nation and it should not be a source of humor or laugh tracks. Fuck her and the guy who took her oath for being party to it. I hope both of them stand tall before the man for this.

21. Jus Bill says:

I just have no words…

Actually I do, but they’re NSFW.

22. Duane says:

I’m sincerely hoping that by now, someone higher up at ANGRC is being asked the questions that have been raised here. I served 30 years in the WA ANG, and I would have been in jail for kicking someone’s ass for doing a stunt like this – I was proud to take the oath and all it stands for. This just chaps my ass!

23. SFC D says:

There is serious seismic activity at the gravesite of LtCol D, USAAF/USAF. Dad never forgot his Army roots and would’ve brought serious pee to bear on these misguided assclowns. You should’ve heard him the first time that “Army of One” shit aired. Does article 134 of the UCMJ cover this level of dumbassery?

24. JimV says:

Female looks a little chunky.

25. Forest Green says:

God help us and God help me if I were ever present for that Bullshit. I guess I need to move to the mountains somewhere; snow or not.

26. CWORet says:

I took the Oath of Enlistment several times, and the Oath of Appointment just once. They are solemn and binding. This is Bullshit.

27. Sapper3307 says:

Observe her right hand as she lowers it, it is some good editing and got our fur up.

28. Toasty Coastie says:

How is that even allowed? I think I agree with a couple others, this looks like it was edited. I sure do hope that is the case…

Anyone have any idea why I cannot view videos posted here?

30. Mason says:

The real question is did the colonel sign a letter of appreciation for her life partner?

31. Yef says:

Wow. I have never seen an officer reading the Oath during a reenlistment.

32. OldManchu says:

Fucking DROP!!!!!!

Start pushing.

(Leave them there for days)

33. Every day I find another reason to be embarrassed of my service branch.

34. Mike Kozlowski says:

…Holy Mother of God and all Her Wacky Nephews.

I am going after this one – hopefully with a bunch of other retired and former NCOs, but alone if need be. The only possible words for this are ‘farking disgrace”.

Heard a bunch of bad jokes over the years at the expense of USAF, but this just about takes the cake. Whoever put this hot mess together needs some serious counseling.

36. Couver says:

Maybe she is representing the way the new military has become? To become even “more” Sr Enlisted you have to tell the O ranks everything is just the way they think it should be and then shut up and color. 🙂

Of course at the end of the day it is HER re-enlistment. I’ve seen them done from horseback and in a lot of non military ways. As long as the oath is sworn and they mean it who cares about the bells and whistles.

Flame on I’m sure. However it’s done they reupped and are subject to the same UCMJ we all are at the end of the day.

37. ocean12 says:

As a SNCO who as served on active duty in the Navy and in the Navy and Air Force reserve, this is absolutely appalling.

I retire shortly after 33 years of service. Thankfully I have never witnessed something like this in person.

I had a Lt(jg) reenlist me in 1994 and he more squared away than the two in this video. My blood is boiling.

38. FatCircles0311 says:

Looks like she’s wearing maternity uniform as well. That guy reading the paper doing the ceremony looks like a real winner too.

This is “military” service now days.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

All I can think is that must be one really Goober McGunk Hee-haw excuse of an Air Guard Unit, those two did ONE HELLUVA JOB at perpetuating the stereotype that AD Personnel have of Guard Units. I’ve served with NG Units that made some of the AD Units I served with and alongside look tame but I once again mention the Weapons Grade Shitty Publicity they gave the Guard…

39. The Stranger says:

And by the way, if the video was edited to troll people, that isn’t really much better. Especially if anyone in the video was involved in that.

40. The Stranger says:

Hey all, off topic but I just heard that R. Lee Ermey just passed away.

41. Guard Bum says:

It looks pretty clear to me it is an edited video from my big computer screen and if she is wearing a maternity uniform so the fuck what? Do we only want old maids and lesbians serving now?

Not sure why all the dog pile on this MSgt who appears to be the victim of some a-hole posting a doctored video but good grief.

If this is real they both ought to be charged and the reenlistment voided but I wear tri-focals…and they are dirty…and I can see the video editing.

Maybe we should be trying to find out who is trolling us and who thought it was a good idea to make this Airman look so bad.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

As I commented above, since the vid requires greatly reducing security/privacy settings, this might not be just some assholes’ clickbait trolling.

When the OPFOR says “Hey! Hey! Lookee over here!!!!” …….

Of course, it could just be some assholes being assholes.

• 2/17 Air Cav says:

Yes, it’s real. The officer said he failed to do his duty and will do better next time. (Hell, he ought to be fired just for that alone.”) The NCO said she was making the video, suggesting it wasn’t real, for her children but then some hard questions were asked, such as ‘So, you didn’t re-enlist?’ and ‘There was another oath taken?’ Turns out that she also forgot to tell people who complained to Public Affairs which, by the way, issued a reply, that she works for Public Affairs!

• Jonp says:

How about we re-enlist soldiers that can deploy. The military isnt a daycare service

42. HMC Ret says:

In the dictionary this falls somewhere between immaturity and what the fuck. I’m surprised either would be party to this. Does their CO know of this bullshit? Do the Air Force higher ups know? If not, they soon will. This is disgraceful.

43. Prior Service says:

Because I memorized the oath, I was able to look everyone I ever reenlisted in the eye as I did so. This guy looks to be reading the oath right from the paper. Probably completely unaware of the mockery of the ceremony going on immediately in front of him. Can’t believe nobody is putting a stop to this stuff.

44. 3E9 says:

Well hell. I have to hope this is a joke. If it isn’t then both of them need to be choked. I would have lost my shit if I had been present for this. I did six year in the ARNG and 14+ in the USAFR and never saw shit this silly. Thanks assholes, the AF doesn’t have image issues as it is and now you two shitbirds do this.

45. MrFace says:

Ge the fuck out of my Air Force.

Re-enlistment denied.

There is a dumpster I need to hatefuck.

46. QMC says:

If you pause it at the last second as her hand is dropping, it looks like the sock puppet disappears somewhat. Someone probably had some time on their hands and edited this video.

47. Dinotanker says:

Among many military experiences, the most humbling and stirring ones was when a soldier asked me to re-enlist them. Even in the USAR this is deeply important duty and honor for anyone to administer to Oath. For a senior officer to allow such a mockery to occur is WRONG. A Serviceman, signing up to serve our nation is not a trivial thing. A re-enlistment means that, once again, that individual is putting US before their own personal situation.

I get that some humor should be allowed, AW1ed’s story about the parachute is pretty damn funny. 🙂

I hope that someone channels the ghost of Curtis Lemay and lays some serious ass whuppin’ on these two.

48. USAFRetired says:

She does show up in the AFGAL in the 118 MSG as a student. That Wing in the TN ANG now has an RPA mission with attendant intel functions, one of which purports to be imagery analysis. I suspect there are more than one individual in such a unit who could doctor up a video toembarass some folks.

49. Jonp says: