Jaguar Power Sports pushes back in JAX

| April 17, 2018 | 77 Comments

In Jacksonville, Florida, Melinda Power, a city inspector tried to cite Jaguar Power Sports, a local business, for flying flags from their rooftop;

A veteran who happened to be in the shop as a customer confronted Power and News 4 Jax reported the conversation;

At one point, the video shows Power getting in the man’s face.

“She says, ‘What did you do for this country?’ He says, ‘I took three bullets to the leg. I almost lost my life for this country. I’m retired. I’m a veteran.’ She gets in his face this close and says, ‘You did nothing for this country,'” store employee Katie Klasse said.

Well, the mayor interceded;

So it looks like the situation has been resolved, except for the fact that Melinda Powers are everywhere.

Category: Dumbass Bullshit

1. OldSoldier54 says:

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and sate:

Obama voter.

Tool.

2. JimV says:

Is there a city ordinance against flying flags on business rooftops? BTW, a military flag is NOT the same as the American flag. I’m sorry, it just isn’t.

3. USAF RET says:

What a Be-otch. And those pants make her ass look fat….or it’s her ass that makes her ass look fat.

4. Michael Yates says:

Is Mz Powers still employed? Is her supervisor still employed? If so you have solved nothing, you only kicked the can down the road.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Was thinking the same thing… but both are probably government employee union members so they are “protected”.

• IDC SARC says:

Due process is a double edged sword, but as a gubbament employee I’m glad it exists. I have been a thorn in the side of people that want to abandon academic integrity where I train military personnel. Having a system in place, so I can’t be fired for not sukking someone’s dick that has an agenda benefits the forces.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

I have no problem with those that do their jobs and call out those that abuse the system/authority, IDC SARC. Just hate the ones that abuse their authority or fail to protect the ones that they are responsible for.

Melinda Power is in the second category…

• QMC says:

I bet she has having all kinds of regrets right now. Even with a city job, I’m pretty sure she’s nervous about her future employment.

5. IDC SARC says:

I believe that she has earned the title and should be here after referred to as That Cunt, Melinda Power.

6. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Hey Melinda Power, SHIT IN your Momma and Daddy’s face for breeding you, I bet you were a Car Accident, one that happened in the back seat!

7. Mason says:

WTF? Give a petty bureaucrat a little authority and she let’s it go to her head. This mentality runs rampant in government.

8. 26Limabeans says:

Maybe she was just looking to get her palm greased.

Well, Ms Toad In The Road Power, you claim you’re married to a vet and your father was a vet.

PROVE IT, BITCH. Put up or shut up.

Resign your position and find something else to do with your self-centered life.

10. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Okay, I watched the video of Melinda Power getting up in that Vet’s face and she/it looked like a washed-up has-been Government Bureaucrat on a power trip and IMHO Melinda Power is one has-been fatassed tiny-titted UGLY power-tripping bleach blonde who has to make herself feel important by shitting on anyone she can who has actually accomplished something in this life. I’m sure she’s a Code Punk, I mean Pink type as well. Hey Melinda Power, enjoy tour newfound internet fame, you Atomic Thundercunt!

11. CPT11A says:

I’ve never been to Jacksonville. But I hopped on Google Maps and plopped the Street View guy down in front of 1350 7th St W. It was my first guess, only based on a general knowledge of what shithole neighborhoods look like on maps. The yard is badly overgrown, the façade is deteriorating with pickets falling off the fence and trash laying in the walk. There are several other homes on the block that look similarly terrible.

And yet, Melinda Powers finds her way, with a supervisor, to a storefront which looks completely presentable and professional, all because of some flags that were harming no one, and causing no amount of ugliness? Bullshit.

PS, no wonder Powers works as a slightly glorified meter maid. Her spelling and writing sucks ass. Surprised she’s able to write a valid citation at all.

PSS, what have city inspectors done for their country? Bueller? Bueller?

• 26Limabeans says:

When I was kid the city inspectors just went around “shaking hands”. It was the way business was conducted in a friendly city environment. No need to write citations. Just “shake hands” and agree to keep the business thriving and well.

• timactual says:

I suspect “handshakes” also take place at higher levels. I once worked for the “Bold New City of the South” and my partner and I were instructed not to cite a large business north of town for repeated air pollution violations. Things must have changed because some years later I read in a newspaper that the company had finally been cited for the exact same violation.

12. The Other Whitey says:

Melinda Power is clearly a fucking cunt.

13. Tallywhagger says:

Well, she totally sucks as a media troll, maybe she can flourish as school teacher or government indoctrinator.

And, yeah, your face does make you ass look big.

14. Skyjumper says:

A couple of questions.

She states that here son-in-law is a retired
    “MARINE COUDIN BRIGADIER GENERAL”.

I Googled different variations of that comment and found nothing.

Can any of you Marines here enlighten me?

Also, she claims her Dad is a WWII former POW.
    It would be interesting to find out his name and be able to do a search.

15. 26Limabeans says:

Inspector: That’s not code.
    Businessman: What’s the code say?
    Inspector: C-note. Weekly.
    Businessman: Fridays good for you?
    Inspector: I’ll have Vito stop by.

16. The Stranger says:

I hereby nominate this fine public servant for the Mountain of Insults!

17. Jeff LPH 3, 63-66 says:

melinda, peeps like you in your case are the reason that abortions should be legalized or just take a couple of tablespoons of Zyklon B in your next cup of java.
    /SARC

18. Sparks says:

Melinda Powers = Piece of Shit.

19. Atkron says:

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that Melinda Powers is a relative newcomer to Jacksonville.

I was stationed there (NAS JAX and NAS Cecil Field) for well over eight years of my life. My wife was born and raised there. While the city and the Navy may have had differences throughout the years. That City was a Navy Town, a large part of the economy was due to the Officers, Sailors, and civilians that worked at the three bases within city limits.

Hell, they have a Lone Sailor replica statue down on the Riverwalk.

The Jaguars brought in a lot of new businesses when they were formed 23 years ago…but I don’t think for a moment that city forgot its roots…well until now.

Fuck You Melinda Powers…go clean up the West and Northside residential areas of Jacksonville.

20. Jus Bill says:

That idiot and her supervisor should be transferred to somewhere like Public Works to count the blades of grass stuck in power mowers and remove them, one by one, until they quit.

21. E-6 type, 1 ea says:

I’m taking issue with the mayor’s comment referring to the people of Jacksonville as the city’s customers. Last I checked, you worked for them, not the other way around.

Seems like an internal renovation of the local city government is in order down there.

• Deckie says:

I cringed that he also used “r” in place of “are.”

Nickpicking? Maybe. But sheesh…. type and spell like a professional, not a 14 year old texting friends at the mall.

• timactual says:

I have always been irritated by that idea of citizens as customers of the bureaucracy; we are the effing OWNERS, by dam.

• 2/17 Air Cav says:

timactual. That’s another one of those myths that’s been dispelled time and again. There are no public servants. There are only public employees. The public employees, uninspired by a profit motive, drag their asses into the workplace and suffer us. They know who has the power. What are we going to do, stop patronizing the MVA, the IRS, or the VA as we would a restaurant that offered lousy fare or a shop that treated us rudely? No, we work for them. And don’t forget to Press 2 for English. It’s no longer the default language.

Disgusting all the way around on this one. Petty tyrant with a City ID, stupid non-apology, goofy statement by the mayor. None of it even close to satisfactory. But, if the business owner and the vet who was insulted and threatened are satisfied, I will go along with them.

How does that work in your world, Ms Power – claiming relatives who served in the military gives you some sort of “special” status? I’ll see your claims and raise you ancestors serving in the US Army from each generation since the US Revolution, and for the King of England before that. My own generation added service with the Corps and USAF. I have ancestors who died in most of the wars of this country. You?

Not that any of that is relevant to this mess. You screwed up, Ms Power. Big time, and then compounded your original error with more errors. THAT is all that is relevant. Attempting to deflect it all with claims having nothing to do with your original false assertions just makes you look even less capable than you already did.

23. Mark Lauer says:

This is the kind of shit that happens when government sticks it’s nose into things it has no business sticking it’s nose into.
    You want to fly flags on your business? Go ahead. It’s not breaking my leg or picking my pocket.
    You want to fly a Nazi flag? Go ahead; I guarantee you won’t get much business, and that flag will come down in short order, not because some government official tells you to, but because your CUSTOMERS will—with their wallets—by not opening them in your business.

Sayeth the mayor of Jax:

“What I saw reported is 100 percent inconsistent with how I expect every city employee to interact with our citizens.”
    […]

“I will not tolerate disparagement or disrespect of the men and women who serve or served. On behalf of the City of Jacksonville I apologize to veterans and service members who are rightly troubled by the events that have been reported.”

And the money shot:

“I have ordered a review of the actions of the employee and pending the completion of that review, the employee and her supervisor have been placed on leave.”

• OWB says:

Paid leave, of course?

At least the Mayor’s words and the wording are an improvement.

Everyone has a bad day occasionally. Have overloaded a few times myself. We all have. Mature adult recognize it, apologize when they do, and generally atone for the unwarranted action to everyone it is due. It’s called limiting the damage as well as just being the right thing to do.

Meanwhile, this fool obviously lacks the self control to be around the citizens who pay her. This was beyond having a bad day stuff and saying something she regrets. She didn’t just inartfully use some inappropriate words. She needs to be swept to the curb.

25. Inbred Redneck says:

Might be interesting for somebody here with interwebs skills to find her maiden name and verify that her father was really a WWII POW. Not sayin’ that I don’t believe her, only that I ain’t too inclined to believe her without proof.

26. Chockblock says:

All too often we give some idiot with a title and a clipboard too much power.

Why the hell should inoffensive flags be the responsibility of her office?

The proper response should be tar and feathers for this wannabe commissar.

DON’T TURN AROUND, UH OH! MELINDA POWERS IS IN TOWN OH NO!