Clayton Pressley III sentenced again

| May 17, 2018 | 23 Comments

Last year, we talked about Clayton Pressley III, a former sailor when he was sentenced for identity theft of his subordinate sailors. He got 50 months in prison for that. It seems that while investigators dug into that charge, they discovered that there was a larger plot afoot according to the Virginian-Pilot;

The Bronze Star recipient was also ripping off the Navy through an elaborate procurement fraud scheme.

Pressley was sentenced Tuesday to two years in federal prison in connection with the $2.3 million fraud. That is on top of four years and two months he received in the identity theft case, in which he fraudulently obtained $24,000 in loans.

The fraud charges stem from Pressley’s efforts in 2014 to manipulate the Navy’s procurement process for personal profit. According to court documents, Pressley, then a senior chief petty officer, and unnamed co-conspirators were selling Navy “inert training aids,” or fake bombs, that were never shipped but marked as delivered.

According to court documents, an unnamed Navy officer who had purchasing authority ordered the aids from two vendors, identified as Firm D and Firm V.

Friendly sales representatives from those firms funneled orders to Firm G, a Tucson, Ariz.-based business that served as a front for Pressley, the mother of one of his children and other co-conspirators. No goods were ever delivered, documents said.

Who knew that there was that much money in training aids?

Thanks to Mick for the link.

Category: Dumbass Bullshit

I am surprised All-Points Logistics has not reached out to this guy.

2. Animal says:

50 months for $24k in fraud, 24 months for $2.3M. Something isn’t matching up.

• 2/17 Air Cav says:

The first conviction was especially egregious. He ripped off individual sailors by stealing their identities and taking loans. Stealing 2.3 million from us nameless taxpayers ain’t all that. Just look at what Congress takes and what it does with it.

• Animal says:

Indeed. They should’ve let the sailors he stole from deal with that problem. I inherited a Marine as a new 2nd Lt that stole a bunch of crap from his buddies, run up a bunch of charges on a dead Marine’s phone card and then deserted before they went on deployment. When they came home I picked up the platoon and he got caught and brought back to Lejeune. Somebody decided to put him right back in my platoon while he awaited his BCD paperwork to get finished. He got tuned up a couple of nights before the 1st Sgt dumped him at the Driftwood outside the front gate. Justice served.

• borderbill (a NIMBY/BANANA) says:

You tell a tall tale- sounds like bullshit to me. Succinctly-I do not believe you.

• Animal says:

His name was Pvt Stamps. He was from Chicago. The year was 1992. I got to India Co. 3/8 in Aug of 93. I took over Wpns Plt. Stamps stole Walkman’s and other devices from the Marines in Wpns plt. The Marine had been killed in a car wreck. I don’t remember his name because I never knew him. He also cut the tires of his section leaders truck. His MOS was 0331. That’s a machine gunner if you’re not Marine Corps oriented. Stamps spent 6 months in the brig as part of his BCD package. When he got out he spent 3 weeks in my platoon before he was unceremoniously dumped at the Driftwood by 1st Sgt Ashbolt. If you have a hard time believing Marines would tune up a piece of shit like Stamps then that’s your problem. Actually it’s all your problem. I don’t give a flying fuck if you believe me or not. The only issue that I have a problem with is that we can’t meet face to face for you to call me a liar. Since that’s not going to happen then I respectfully suggest you fuck off.

• Animal says:

One more note. If you’re brave enough to give me your personal info I’ll have 1st Sgt Ashbolt give you a call. He was like a kindly uncle to me as a Lt and we’re still friends and keep in touch.

• ETCS (SW/AW) (Ret) says:

Uh yeah, Banana Bill, I’d say you just got your ass rightfully handed to you.

3. Jeff LPH 3, 63-66 says:

You can now start to sing Jail house Rock Pressley

4. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Given what he did to Subordinate Sailors, I hope he gets it from Bubba & Thor on his first day.

5. Atkron says:

I bet whomever sat on his selection board regrets the day they allowed him into the Locker.

A damn disgrace to the uniform and the naval service….makes me wonder if he cooked up his Bronze Star, Ala Kerry.

6. AW1Ed says:

Could have had an E-8 retirement and a cake government job in Acquisition, but instead he went buddy-fucker and thief. Lap it up, asshole.

7. Cheese Eater McBlobfish says:

I know how he feels, not being able to trust any of what he thinks might be a fart. After an experience like that, crap just passes through you. That problem started for me this year.

Cheese,
    Dennis Howard Chevalier
    Denny H Chevalier

• Ex-PH2 says:

I found the perfect place for you, Cheesefish! If you go to France, there are festivals all over France in which cheese is a large part of the menu. In some places such as Livarot, a distinctly pungent cheese is named for the ville de l’origine du fromage.

You will love it. I suggest that you embark immediately on the nearest and fastest Pan Am Clipper.

• Cheese Eater McBlobfish says:

Unfortunately, I’m banned from all over France when they have those festivals. Something about eating all the cheese before they could use it. Cutting the cheese right afterwards did not help me one bit either.

Since the end of February, I could not even cut the cheese. Every time I try, I end up crapping.

Cheese,