Shane Kunzeman; phony Army Ranger

| February 4, 2018 | 306 Comments

Our partners at Military Phonies send us their work on this fellow, Shane Kunzeman, who operates a resume writing business called Your New Life. For some reason, he thought it would be a good idea that he should become an Army Ranger, but he came to that conclusion after he left the Army, you know, when it was too late for him to attend training or to be assigned to a Ranger unit;

He did spend less than three and a half years on active duty as a 92A automated logistical specialist in an aviation unit in Germany. The he spent about a year and a half in the Army Reserves and he worked at the Asymmetric Warfare Group (AWP) as a logistics contractor;

No training or assignments that would make him a Ranger, not even parachutist qualified.

1. HMCS(FMF) ret says:

I’m guessing that since SHANE KNUZEMAN has engaged in STOLEN VALOR, he’s into DORKING THE SQUEAKHOLE when it comes to other aspects of his pathetic little life.

DORK THE SQUEAKHOLE, SHANE!

DORK. THE. SQUEAKHOLE.

2. Frankie Cee says:

Another one of these bastards that wants to stand in the blood of better men than they. Shane Kunzeman and “Your New Life” are heading for Goooooooogle fame. It’s on, people, name him and get him the exposure that he wants.

3. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Atomic Cocksucker.

4. Skippy says:

Something tells me that Shane Kunzeman screwed the pooch

5. thebesig says:

Shane Kunzeman, phony Army Ranger, phony PSYOP says:

Whenever I got out of the military I did a lot of special ops, Psyops, as well as working in positions such as a senior level recruiter for the NSA.

Retired 37F PSYOP here. :mrgreen: His “work” demonstrates that he has little to no knowledge on psychological operations. If he did, he would attempt to present a professional appearance in all of his writing. After all, psychological operations involves “influencing and persuading”. Also, if he were PSYOP, he’d know to use the facts, and not make things up. Credibility is one of the reasons for this.

It also shows that he’s not doing good business wise, that he doesn’t have a backlog, that he tends to exercise poor judgement, etc.

If I were looking for someone to help me look for a job, his Facebook entries above screams, “run away from here”. 🙄

I’d say that he needs an editor, but he did such a botched up job that he actually needs to hire a copywriter, graphics artist, and website creator to create what essentially is his business brochure. 🙄

It looks like he’s running the Facebook site himself, another indication that his business isn’t bringing in any decent profits.

• 26Limabeans says:

“attempt to present a professional appearance in all of his writing”

Might want to tuck his shirt in also.
      And lose the dorky sweater.

• Bill R. says:

“Whenever I got out of the military”, which begs the question: How many times DID you get out of the military? His command of the written English language is such that I would not consider using him to write anything, let alone a resume.

• Cris says:

I don’t claim to be the best writer (hated English in school) but, if I am going to place an advertisement letter for my business, I’d at least read over it a couple times or get someone who has the capacity of making sense, from his ramblings, proof read it and re-write it.

6. Thunderstixx says:

So you’re saying that Shane Kunzeman and “Your New Life” are now on the great big shit list because Shane Kunzeman and “Your New Life” tried to tell the world that he was a really brave Ranger but instead, Shane Kunzeman and “Your New Life” shat all over his perfectly honorable service in the US Army…
    Shane Kunzeman and “Your New Life” is a complete moron…

7. Thunderstixx says:

Here’s his web site, I wonder why he doesn’t say anything about being a fake US Army Ranger on it ???

8. 13B/92S/42R says:

Never trust a mam who rocks the high school boy version of a goatee

9. Claw says:

92A = Repair Parts/PLL/Tech Supply Clerk.

For the older Geezers, the MOSs would have been 76S/T/D/C before the conversion to 92 something or other.

At least Shane Kunzeman didn’t claim to be a Helicopter Pilot like “Left Low Ball” Jimmy Walls did because he was the Company Parts Clerk in a Aviation unit.

10. Red Forman says:

Florida.

Again.

Let me get this straight. A guy who prepares the resumes (add the accents yourselves) for profit decided he would enhance his own by claiming he was a Ranger when he was not? Yeah, that’s a smart business move. Makes me wonder what he’s putting in others resumes to dress them up. I can see it now.

Client: “I quit school at 17. Worked at Micky Ds”

“No you didn’t. You are a non-traditionalist who was eager to enter the workforce, despite scoring, um, 1050- no, 1150–on the SAT.”

Got a feeling he might show here. If so, here’s some advice for him: grovel. Don’t bother with the threats, the calls, the crap. Just grovel. It’s your best hope.

• thebesig says:

And Shane Kunzeman, phony Army Ranger veteran, phony PSYOP, shouldn’t try to argue against the facts listed above, or against the observations and comments listed in the comment sections.

In addition to your advice, he should simply apologize to the veteran community, to his client, and make the appropriate adjustments in his websites and with his actions.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

You said it right and Shane Kunzeman groveled his ass off in a video while giving off signs that he’s still completely full of SHIT.

13. AW1Ed says:

TAH sits at 4th when Shane Kunzeman is entered in the Google search engine.

14. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I actually bothered to check his Farcebook page out and kust thought “GAWD, Shane Kunzeman is a pasty little candyassed Metrosexual city boy!” after watching just a minute of one of his videos! Oh yeah, I kinda left him a few nuggets as well, THE INTERNET IS FOREVER!

Shane Kunzeman CLAIMS on his Farcebook page that he end his outfit back up everything they say, what about your Military Service, Shane Kunzeman? FUCK the NFL and the Slobberbowl game, I’ve got most of the day, Shane Kunzeman.

• thebesig says:

Shane Kunzeman’s, phony Army Ranger, phony Special Forces, phony PSYOP, Facebook personal and business profiles, his Linkedin profile, and his YouTube, showcases himself over what his business could do.

It’s as if he is saying, “me, me, me,…” Even when he tries to make it like he is helping people out, he subconsciously makes it about him via how he presents his videos and generates his posts.

Since “locating a job for someone”, or “building a resume”, appear to be themes in what he is offering, he should look like a business professional in his Linkedin picture:

• Claw says:

Holy Moly, the linkedin page of Shane Kunzeman claims he was Top Of Class in every Army school/course he attended.

Also, Shane Kunzeman claims to have received three Army Achievement Medals during his tour of duty in Germany, but none of those AAMs appear on his DD214.

Hmmm, methinks Shane Kunzeman might just be a big fat LIAR!!

• Thunderstixx says:

Sounds like the SOTU’s we had under the last #POTUS….
        I couldn’t imagine the crap that would have come out if the #benghazibitch had been elected…
        Instead, she lost and we are never going to hear the end of it…
        And then women wonder why we turn off when they start talking…
        Present company and other specific beautiful ladies are not included in this prattling diatribe…

15. OldManchu says:

Good week for phony Army! Whooping the phony SEALs pretty good – keep it up!

16. lmn0351 says:

SHANE KUNZEMAN…..you suck

17. HMC Ret says:

He writes poorly given that his livelihood depends on his being able to write, well, well. See what I did there? The Grammar Nazi in me picked apart what he wrote and decided if I were looking for someone to gundeck my resume, it would not be this guy. I can lie and write poorly w/o having to pay for the service.

Man, I almost feel sorry for this guy. He’s in his 20s and has effectively screwed up his reputation until the end of time. Hey, Shane, ever heard of Google? Well, so has everyone you will meet and as soon as they do a check on you, you’re history.

Well, Bye for now. I do hope you will stick around for a time. You might be an interesting chew toy.

Now that you will be researching a new line of employment, you might consider some of the finer fast food establishments. I understand they are hiring. Man, why did you do it? Toad

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

It’s been a while since we had a poser or embellisher pop up on a thread, hasn’t it? It seems all we get now are sockpuppets on dead threads.

• thebesig says:

originally posted by HMC Ret:

Based on his high school graduation date, I would say he is in his 30s. Still young, with plenty of his life ahead of him, all screwed up by his actions.

He could still turn all that around if he were to take the correct courses of actions, like what’s recommended, to him, on this thread.

• HMC Ret says:

Thanks. I doubt there is enough Brasso in the world to take the rust from his reputation.

Someone mentioned sockpuppets. I really like them. Some are quite entertaining. Maybe we’ll be blessed with a sockpuppet from Shane.

Well, at least he’s an expert in asymmetrical warfare, so he has that going for him.

No kidding, some of these guys, and a few women have so screwed the pooch, if I were them I would seriously consider changing my name, starting over, and this time doing it w/o the embellishment bullshit. This guy may very well be ruined except for menial employment.

18. Joseph Williams says:

Oldmanchu , What is the score now that Shane Kunzeman has been exposed as a phony Ranger and Special Forces operator ? Joe

• thebesig says:

Shane Kunzeman, phony Army Ranger veteran, phony special operations, is also a phony when it comes to having done PSYOP given his claims that he did psychological operations.

• OldManchu says:

Joe

Unfortunately I haven’t kept exact tally. I just “freestyle”. Maybe I should stop being lazy and keep real tabs. But we (Army) are definitely making a solid start for 2018!

Ranger phonies lead the phony pony!!!!

• Claw says:

Joe, I think it’s Greybeard that is keeping up with the Poser/Embellisher by type of service stats.

Could be wrong, though.

• Graybeard says:

I forgot to report the score at the WOT – something about the boss wanting me to work or some such. But, for your Monday enjoyment, and after the addition of the weekend’s revelations of more phonies, I have:

SEALs: 5
      Army Captain: 1
      Marines: 3
      VietNam (w/real service): 1
      Navy UDT: 1
      Navy EOD: 1
      AF Pilot: 1 (and our only female to date)
      Canadians claiming ‘Nam: 3
      (One claiming SF, another Medic)
      Green Berets/SF: 3
      (does not include the Canadians, eh?)
      Rangers: 2

The phony SEALs are in the lead by two, with the phony SF guys pulling up close behind to match the phony Marines, who remain unchanged. Phony Rangers are in a distant t’ird, with the rest of the pack not to far behind.

And that is where we stand in the 2018 Race of the Phonies coming into our 2nd month.

19. Mustang Major says:

I wonder if Shane’s speciality is writing resumes for stolen valor wannabes?

20. SgtM says:

He is posting to the 4th image down. The one with the phone # in it. He was hacked, he was taken out of context…… Blah blah blah. He is not admitting to lying.

21. Frankie Cee says:

I am getting response from “Todd, primary admin for YNL”, wanting to talk by phone, offering a phone number. Sockpuppet?

22. thebesig says:

Here is his apology:

Shane Kunzeman, the phony Army Ranger, apologizes in response to one of the photos:

I hate to hear that you guys are making post about me. But let me first and foremost apologize for any statements that have been made. As per and some of these conversations it was never meant to come across as if I am an Army Ranger by any means. The fact that I did work in Special Operations is a true statement I have worked for them for quite a while and for Special Operations units. I did work for a brief time with the asymmetric Warfare group for a year doing the logistics and helping build some logistical program. But with that I’m sorry to hear that my words have somehow came out for which I am stating that I am an Army Ranger. Let me be very bold in the statement I am not an Army Ranger and nor would I perceive that to be some of these messages have been tampered with and that my friend is a fact. Anything else no matter what with the tampering or untamperable of my messages and emails let me publicly apologize if the perception of which I was saving I was an Army Ranger made people to believe that I was. I am not. I can assure you that I did not write the email for which was posted out.

23. Jimmy The Dude says:

Here he says that he never made comments about being a ranger. Sorry buddy, the screenshots at TAH say otherwise.

• 26Limabeans says:

I got about half way through it.
      I’ve never listened to some one through a windshield before. What happened to the steering wheel?
      Jesus, he’s still talking..

• Skidmark says:

There’s another video from an employee claiming to be a Vet that is defending him, go see.

• thebesig says:

In that other video, the bearded guy, stated information about Operations Specialists that leads me to believe that he is who he claims to be. For example, “Watch Sup” is short for “watch supervisor”, one of the coveted positions in Combat Information Center.

I used to be an Operations Specialist, given the ship that he was on, I could see why he would speak with pride about what he did. That’s one of the ships that want to be in if you were an Operations Specialist.

• Jonn Lilyea says:

I’m guessing that he’s in the passenger seat of his partner’s car…the other video.

• thebesig says:

Shane Kunzeman, throwing a business top right over your casual colored shirt wasn’t what we had in mind regarding proper attire when attempting to portray yourself as somebody that helps others with the resumes and with finding a job.

Like your apologies, and damage control, it appears “hasty”. I’m still waiting for you to clarify what exactly you did for special operations. Leaving it as is, in the quote above, allows enough ambiguity for people to think that you were one of those super secret squirrel operators. 🙄

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA… What does Shane Kunzeman comb his hair with, a Shop Vac®™? OH, NICE unbuttoned shirt and (OH,GAWD) BRACELETS which that variety IMHO are for hippies, I don’t see a POW/MIA or KIA one on him and if he WAS Spec Ops it’s very likely he’d have one of someone he knew there. OH, and his eyes kept bulging to where he looked like a kid’s troll doll while babbling like a politician who got caught with his hands in the proverbial cookie jar OR the nerd who got caught talking trash about the Football team when he’s cornered in the locker room about to get a swirly. I STILL think he’s more full of shit than a supertanker load of Christmas Turkeys!

• thebesig says:

I found his “special forces” patch, the “Ed Grimley” patch:

Ed Grimley

• thebesig says:

The original video taken down, Shane Kunzeman, has decided to go the “lawer” route, and claims that the DD 214 posted on him is “false”, and that the other documentations posted on him are false. He wonders if it’s even legal to obtain and post it. 🙄 He has lawyers and Facebook looking into this. 🙄 He also claims that he has a team managing his Facebook and that he is “busy” with clients.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

IMHO Shane Kunzeman still looks like a kid’s troll doll crossbred with Pee Wee Herman! OOh, did Shane Kunzeman say he was gonna lawer up? Jeez, are Shane Kunzeman’s speaking skills to where he can’t go ten seconds without saying “*uhhmm*”?

• OldManchu says:

As per umm and foremost and stings such as umm that and umm furthermore with umm legal proceeds and umm advice for umm the umm sales team emails umm and umm dd214 ummm per the umm actually proceeding to umm discharge statements ummm clearly that army rangers ummm which therefore ummm I did serve umm legal dd214 authorization and such as that for therefore foremost ummm guys I served with legal ummm I was assymetrical dick sucker ummm cock in my mouth ummm for whenever thoust therefore ummm and so ummm such as ummmm see me backing up and ummm stepping forward and ummmm legal and lawyer and ummm I look left and right ummmm on camera ummmm from special forces service for the dd214 actual over ummm roger and out ummmm copy that ummmm clients and stuff and ummm I’m a metrosexual push poser faggot ummmm who doubled my own squeak hole today ummm but legal and such and therefore and foremost and stuff and uummmm and with advice ummm from legal a and lawyers and stuff and foremost and ummmm.

• Cris says:

Dang it! Now I’ll be umming all day long after reading that.

• E4 Mafia For Life. says:

Remember the classic Miss Teen SC from 2009?

Aimee Teegarden: Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can’t locate the U. S. on a world map. Why do you think this is?

Caitlin Upton: I personally believe that U. S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don’t have maps and, uh, I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should—our education over here in the U. S. should help the U. S., uh, or, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq, and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.”

Liars must remember their lies. This is the first rule of lying, at least to have some success at it, and it takes work. People who speak the truth never have to concern themselves with what they previously said and never (occasional forgetfulness and brain cramps notwithstanding) have to work at being consistent in what they say. Nice how that works–if one is truthful.

• HMC Ret says:

As Judge Judy and my grandfather would say, if you tell the truth you don’t have to have a good memory. Jonn can vouch that my memory, well, sucks big time. I suffer mightily from CRS.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Like a speaker I remember saying “Whatever you do, DON’T LIE about your Service. Once you make up one lie, you have to make up two more to cover it and before you know it you’re living at the bottom of a swimming pool full of lies.”

25. HMCS(FMF) ret says:

ALERT
    ALERT

FOR ALL TAH READERS ON THE INTERWEBS – MESSAGE IS TO BE CONSIDERED SOOPER SEEKRIT. SET TAH DECODER RING TO DELTA GAMMA ZEBRA ONE FOUR

THE SQUEAKHOLE HAS BEEN DORKED
    THE SQUEAKHOLE HAS BEEN DORKED

THAT IS ALL

26. Duane says:

I could only stand about 2 minutes of his rambling excuse for being an idiot. You were a Loggie – quit trying to give the excuse that you worked with all these different people when all you did was push papers. I’d hate to see the final product that he presents to customers!

“I can assure you that I did not write the email for which was posted out.” S. Kunzeman

That one made me wince. He didn’t write the email? Is that because your account was hacked, you left your laptop open on a bar and someone made that entry, you didn’t write it, you just dictated it and someone else posted it, you were still unpacking after your return from Bosnia, Somalia, Iraq, and Afghanistan and were confused, or is it that you just can’t tell the truth. You could have groveled. Instead, the shit is getting deeper.

28. Wilted Willy says:

Shane Cuntsman, you have officially DORKED THE SQUEAKHOLE! You are a lying shitstain! Man up and admit you are a lying Cuntsman! Then maybe you can start begging forgiveness from the lies you have posted!
    You Shane Cuntsman are a Dorking Squeakhole!

29. Comcam says:

He posted a video 25mins ago saying he was hacked.

30. The Al says:

And he’s still deleting comments that include the screenshot where he claimed to be a Ranger. Gee, I wonder why?

31. Jeff LPH 3, 63-66 says:

3 Army, but no phony Seal posers this weekend at the TAH starting gate. Where’s the $100.00 window?

• 2/17 Air Cav says:

“Where’s the $100.00 window?”

You’re dating yourself again. (No, not that kind of dating.) There haven’t been designated windows for minimum bets for many years now. Matter of fact, there are few windows w/ parimutuel clerks manning them. It’s mainly self service nowadays. Last item: Do not bet Shane K. in the 7th at Gulfstream Park today. He’s a loser.

• Jeff LPH 3, 63-66 says:

Thanks 2/17. Last time I was at the track was in the 1970’s. Flats were Belmont, Aquaduct and Roosevelt field trotters. Even owned the Kelso class slide rule calculator made by the defunct racing form company out of Freeport, Long Island NY.

32. PLASTIC DUCK says:

……….working in positions such as a senior- level recruiter for NSA. I had developed many logistics programs that could capture analytical data and cross reference power words to maximise results in the filtering process. On my way out of getting recognition from the Pentagon for the development of these programs, I was asked to come in and be part of the new filtering schematic program for federal resumes. So basically in laymans terms I have the contra code for Nintendo. I know how to write resume code in a format that will naturally put you at the top of the heap………..

So let’s cut the bullshit and dis his references to NSA to…
    “I can read addresses on delivery lables and use ZIP codes to send the item to the right place. On being fired from my job for playing computer games in work time I decided to con people into thinking I could write their resumes. That crap I wrote means I know how to cheat at Nintendo games and you will end up at the top of the reject heap if you submit my rubbish.”

Contra code is usually called Konami Code
    The Konami Code (コナミコマンド Konami Komando?, lit. “Konami Command”) is a special combination of buttons that appears in several Konami games, including the Contra series. Since it was first revealed, the code has become part of popular culture in general, even appearing in many non-Konami games and diverse media, like clothing, advertisements and non-gaming related software.
    The code was first used in the 1986 release of Gradius for the Nintendo Entertainment System but was popularized among North American players in the NES version of Contra, for which it was also dubbed both the “Contra Code” and “30 Lives Code”, because of its nearly necessary use in the game.
    The Konami Code was created by Kazuhisa Hashimoto, who was developing the home port of the 1985 arcade game Gradius, an horizontal scrolling shooter released on the NES in 1986. Finding the game too difficult to play through during testing, he created a cheat code to give the player a full set of power-ups (normally attained gradually throughout the game). The code was still present in the released version after Hashimoto forgot to remove it. Players discovered and shared the code. The Konami Code was thus included in the series’ other sequels and spin-offs.

• GDContractor says:

“I know how to write resume code in a format that will naturally put you at the top of the heap…. ”

As does every contractor. Yawn.

• ThommyMac says:

Man oh man did that make me laugh! I’m doing a 90 day contract as AD support for field guys ands gals swapping out machines. I need Plastic Duck to write this up for me. I’ll be CIO in no time. I also have the code that pulls up the tank in GTA III.

33. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Did Shane Kunzeman ever carry a weapon, let alone fire one other than at the range for Annual Qualification?

34. Shane kunzeman loser says:

This asshole stole my money and told me he worked for NSA and was special forces. Please share this.

He is upset. He wants to make this all go away. It’s a bad dream, a nightmare. How could this have happened? His mind is racing. What’s next, that PTSD made him do it? He should have taken the advice offered and groveled. It would have been so much more painless for him. Instead, he’s taking the long walk down weasel road.

• thebesig says:

The following would’ve sufficed:

* A simple acknowledgment of his embellishments and untruths regarding his military service.

* Making the appropriate adjustments on his Facebook pages to reflect reality.

* Commentary correcting the record.

Then, he should proceed forward with the view that if he were to reference his military background, that he reference what he actually did.

Also, with regards to his businesses, the emphasis should be on his business mission and on what his business has accomplished. This is basically the bulk of what he needs to forward his business interests and to conduct marketing.

Even without mention of his military service, if his business is indeed helping veterans, this alone would get him a lot of respect in the veteran community, as well as with the community at large. If he could sufficiently prove, on his website, that he delivers, this would even be more important.

Instead, he’s backpedaling, attempting to change the history related to this, trying to play the martyr, and pulling the “legal proceedings” card.

Shane Kunzeman is pulling a Dennis Howard Chevalier a.k.a. Denny H. Chevalier.

36. Claw says:

Comment #100.

Shane Kunzeman is halfway to the Big Show.

37. 1610desig says:

This dork just keeps leading with his chin…amusing

38. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

So let’s see:

Shane Kunzeman DID serve in the US Army,but did he ever deploy to the Middle East? If he WAS a Ranger he would have.
    Shane Kunzeman has posted a couple of cheesy videos in which he really made himself look like a pasty wuss.
    Shane Kunzeman has talked about lawering up, does he have ANY idea how often that happens at TAH?
    Shane Kunzeman still looks like he does his hair with a Shop Vac®™.
    Shane Kunzeman fucketh himself.

• 2/17 Air Cav says:

“But, but, they can’t say that, right? I can stop them, right? I can sue them, right?

“That’s two no’s and a yes. The yes is that you can sue. However, suing isn’t winning and based on the law, the facts, and that outfits track record, um, well, why don’t you just paint your garage instead?”

• 1610desig says:

Perhaps he’s an SNL cone head on Rogaine?

• Graybeard says:

API, I’ve been on R&R and missed a lot of this. Do I have this AAR clear?
      “Shane Kunzeman CLAIMED to have been a US Army Ranger and it’s confirmed he was NOT.
      Shane Kunzeman still looks like he does his hair with a Shop Vac®™.
      Shane Kunzeman fucketh himself.”

(((OVER)))

Whoa! You folks are not going to believe this, but after I signed on at TAH this morning, I left the house for the day. Minutes ago, when I returned home, I realized that I had never signed off at TAH. And some SOB broke into my house and posted a bunch of comments, using my tag! I have to go now. The police should be here any minute. Later. Gosh, this is awful! I now know how Shane must feel.

Police just left. They said it must have been an inside job. Nothing was taken. No damage. No signs of a break-in. I am baffled. I guess this is how Shane feels.

• Claw says:

Check your chimney. Was the flue left open?

A certain individual has been known to gain entrance in that manner and never leave a trace of evidence he was ever there.

Well, except for the missing milk and cookies./smile

• 2/17 Air Cav says:

I checked. The soot and creosote are where they be, Claw. It’s one thing to enter my home uninvited. That’s bad. It’s quite another to post comments here using my tag. I feel so violated. I wonder if Shane does too.

Where they be? No. Where they are supposed to be? Yes.

42. GDContractor says:

Anyone have a clue what “photo by the chopper” he’s talking about?

• SgtM says:

There’s a pic taken off twitter on Military Phonies. It is of him looking right out of boot in dress greens standing by an old Huey. Sorry I am an old Jarhead and not up on Army lingo.

• Claw says:

Slight correction.

That National Guard helicopter Shane Kunzeman is fondling in the picture is a UH-60, not a Huey.

Shane Kunzeman is a Buck Private in the picture. Probably taken right after Shane Kunzeman completed his time on active duty for training only and returned to his home state to start work.

That’s why Shane Kunzeman can claim “multiple” DD-214s that aren’t being shown in the posting. The first DD214 was for the five months and change that it took to complete Basic and AIT. And that’s why he isn’t wearing an NDSM or GWOTSM, just the ASR. Only on active duty for training purposes. No real service yet.

BFD. Shane Kunzeman is still a Dumbass.

• Hondo says:

IMO that analysis is spot on, Claw.

In 2002, AR-PERSCOM was still in St Louis. The place of entry for his 2nd DD214 above was St Louis. Presumably, that was as a member of the USAR who volunteered for extended active duty during the GWOT. His assignment was to an AV unit in Germany; per his DD214 above, he was REFRAD in 2005.

That 2nd DD214 above also has a termination of reserve obligation date in Jan 2008. That in turn means he joined the military – presumably, the USAR, although it’s possible he first joined the ARNG and later transferred to the USAR – in Jan 2000. Accordingly, he’d have gone to Basic and AIT after joining the USAR. He’d have a DD214 for that earlier period of service as well; it would cover the 5 mo and change “prior active service” shown on his 2nd DD214 above.

His record above show no deployments to a combat zone; no entitlement to a campaign or expeditionary medal; no combat badges; and no Ranger/SF tab or airborne wings. His record of assignments also shows no assignment to a Ranger unit. Thus, his claims of being a “Ranger” are specious. Ditto IMO his claims of having served with Special Operations – while he may have supported the AWG as a civilian contractor, IMO that is NOT the same as serving with them. Unlike the military personnel assigned to AWG, he could give notice and leave employment anytime he wanted to. And as a logistics support contractor, he was hardly an operator – if ASW even has any operational capability. The discussion of the AWG’s mission and core functions, provided on their website (link follows), implies they don’t do operations themselves. Caveat: I was never assigned to the AWG and thus can’t discuss what they do from personal knowledge. But their website seems pretty clear regarding their mission statement and core functions.

• Claw says:

Thanks, Hondo. Happy I could help.

I’m still trying to figure out just what the Hell is a “Logistics Army Achievement Medal” versus a regular old Army Achievement Medal that everybody else receives.

But he claims on his linkedin profile to have received three of those “Logistics” AAMs, none of which appear on his DD214.

Actually, I don’t see any awards higher than the NDSM. No Good Cookie, no end of tour/active duty awards, nothing at all.

Nor do I believe for a minute that he was “Top Of Class” in every training course/class he attended while on active duty. Entries like that on a linkedin profile are major league “fluffing” IMHO.

So, Shane Kunzeman, if you’re reading this (and I know you are), just tell the truth. You were a parts clerk in the Army, nothing more. Be proud of that. Don’t crap on the service you had by telling lies.

• GDContractor says:

They must have taken the photo down. I checked there before I posted my comment, and I just checked again. A photo with him standing by a chopper is not there.

43. SgtM says:

This guy has a wife and 2 little girls relying on him. I feel sorry for them. Dude, fess up. You were given an out. I saw all the linked in stuff and extra medals. You were not a Ranger except before you tried to get money from a veteran that you told you were a Ranger. All the God stuff and faith…. Just tell the truth. Fess up, knock off the crap and grovel. I was a mechanic Sgt, fixed trucks and they carried Marines into Iraq during Desert Storm. When I see old news clips I tell people that those were my trucks and my guys kept them running. Just tell the truth.

• 2/17 Air Cav says:

It’s a new day, Shane. Consider taking SgtM’s advice and stop this now. These things don’t die on the vine, but when someone comes clean, well, that usually ends it.

• Graybeard says:

SgtM – do I copy that Intel reveals that Shane Kunzeman has a wife and daughters relying on him to tell the truth?

Shane Kunzeman, dudette, throwing yourself in the slit latrine is bad enough. Dragging your wife and daughters names in there with you? That is some epic looser going on there.

From the evidence of his writing and speaking skills, Shane Kunzeman may be liable for fraudulent representation to any clients who may have been the “beneficiaries” of his “services,” especially when they find out that he serviced them like a stray services a bitch in heat.

44. Mark L Friedman says:

This is my desk, there are many like it but this one is mine.

45. HMC Ret says:

Fess up. You have family to support. Really consider changing your name. Google will drag you down for the rest of your life. You’re too young to work menial jobs at minimum wage for the remainder of your life. You need a do-over for the benefit of your family.

Oh, and whatever your new line of work, make sure it does not require much use of the English language. Or brain cells. You can’t write for shit, man.

46. 1610desig says:

Shane Kunzeman…weekend TAH chew toy….so bad he was actually good…I’ll miss this thread…

• 2/17 Air Cav says:

It’s not going anywhere. It will keep surfacing unless Shane elects to do the right thing. If he chooses to double down and persist with the silly threats of any sort, then this thread will have real staying power. In any event, he’s on his way to Claw’s magic 200 club.

47. AztoVA says:

Just for shits and grins I reviewed the FB page of Mr. Smoot, prior service USMC ’92 – ’00 which was apparently after his time as a ranger (? Army – too many ?) and supposedly a happy client/success story.

However, Mr. Smoot currently lists his occupation as ‘unemployed’ after a brief stint as a ‘private contractor’.