Shane Kunzeman; phony Army Ranger

| February 4, 2018 | 305 Comments

Our partners at Military Phonies send us their work on this fellow, Shane Kunzeman, who operates a resume writing business called Your New Life. For some reason, he thought it would be a good idea that he should become an Army Ranger, but he came to that conclusion after he left the Army, you know, when it was too late for him to attend training or to be assigned to a Ranger unit;

He did spend less than three and a half years on active duty as a 92A automated logistical specialist in an aviation unit in Germany. The he spent about a year and a half in the Army Reserves and he worked at the Asymmetric Warfare Group (AWP) as a logistics contractor;

No training or assignments that would make him a Ranger, not even parachutist qualified.

1. Shane Kunzeman says:

Hello everyone, I figure after the seven death threats that I’ve gotten this morning, and the man who called from an unknown number saying he’ll be at my office doorstep today and I’m sure a lot of you guys out there are extremely happy about that maybe another veteran will get killed who is a father and a husband and you can say that guy got what he deserved and since you guys decided to threatened my wife and kids and the attacks on my friends and clients maybe you all should know a few things.
    Remember you’re only seeing one side of the story , and if I’m going to be able to prosecute the people accordingly I can only say so much other than just reassuring you that it wasn’t me.
    So from the bottom of my heart, I am. Sorry for you all seeing this… I really am. I’m very much focused on doing so many other things for YOUR NEW LIFE THAT I am literally fighting for TIME I WAS GIVING MY CLIENT EVERY MINUTE OF IT. I couldn’t help everybody all at once so I had to start hiring A-Team. And a team turned into more veterans employed in working for me I couldn’t send out hundreds of emails myself because I was so busy trying to make sure I did everything right and helping other people that I had others sending emails to clients for me and helping me out with social media and doing my social media for me… because we just had a lot of people that needed help and that we were trying to help… I IN TURN NEEDED HELP. It is definitely a big lesson learned that they misunderstood me as far as working with Army Rangers and or being one. It is definitely my mistake I’m taking ownership of it all. I pray that the Rangers out there and many other soldiers forgive me but also got the Lord forgives me and sees my HEART. HAVE Spent And been working 20 hour days for the past year… PLEASE PLEASE KNOW WE ARE really helping a lot of PEOPLE SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE HAD Success WITH OUR PROGRAM…. I correction… THE LORD… WORKING THROUGH Myself and the YNL veteran team. brought people off of the streets and we’ve gotten lots of people jobs among many other THINGS. We’ve been able to lead over a hundred and fifty Seven Soldiers back to Christ and trust in the Lord. I’ve worked more hours and you could possibly imagine fighting the try and get these people employed. We have helped the veteran father be able to come home and actually look his wife in the eyes and be able to put food on the table. We’ve been able to help a single mom who couldn’t feed her daughter… I’m sorry that you have to see such things like this that was portrayed by Scott Hudges and Jason grundy… and then judge me accordingly. I know that honestly you look and it seems like alot of you guys out there that are frustrated actually really are good people…. probably just frustrated to see stuff like this. Trust me I’m way more frustrated. Especially as I wake because I have had over 7 death threats on me just today, and my wife and 2 children are now being attacked as well… I know Shirley all of you guys believe that I deserve that. Just another dead veteran. I don’t know what else to tell you but I refuse to give up on all those other veterans out there that need us that are hurting and need a hand up. We really truly do help people and I’m sorry that you don’t see that And that it’s hard to see past the accusations that are falsely presented without knowing both sides of the story. But due to the extreme nature of the situation and death threats on myself and wife and kids… So I’m sorry if we delete comments, we’re trying to protect the amazing people we do help and would be honored to help in the future. But surely your continue to tax on our business site is important so that way you can take away more veteran jobs, and hopefully you could possibly continue to post this stuff out there so that the few crazy people exist will show up and take me out with a single bullet like the man told me this am.

• Jonn Lilyea says:

No one believes that you got any death threats. The stolen valor issue is important to us, but not so much that it’s worth a life. You should call the police and make a report, though, if you believe it.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Shane – I got a headache trying to read your post. Edit it… mix in something resembling sentence structure, punctuation. It sounds like a little kid that got caught in a lie.

If you’re truly sincere about apologizing for this, stop hiding behind your business, friends, family, wife, kids, neighbors, other vets, the dog next door, etc. We’ve heard this type of drivel before, and frankly, it’s boring. If you’re apologizing, then MAN UP and do it. Otherwise, go away and deal with your lies.

As for the “death threats” – take Jonn’s advice and call the police.

• 1610desig says:

Let us know verifiable specifics on your reporting of those alleged death threats…BTW, lying to LE is a serious offense…White boys don’t get the privilege of being let off the hook for a hoax. And anyway, why would anyone want to kill you for being a phoney….you’re self-destructing well enough. I do have sympathy for your family though, even though it’s your actions creating this mess. What’s next, you check into rehab?

• Graybeard says:

If you have received death threats, report the details to your local LEO.

But please be aware that filing false reports can get you some free lodging in the jail.

Personally, I think you are either (a) delusional or (b) lying or (c) all the above plus some.

• Anonymous says:

Say what? Dude, lay off the speed.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I wholeheartedly agree that you need to report any and every death threat you receive to Law Enforcement ASAP. As to your post, LIGHTEN UP just a little bit, you sound like you made your morning coffee with Red Bull ®™️ and you’re ranting like a lobotomized 2LT on LSD! You fucked up, got called on it, and now it’s time for you to man up, admit it and drive on in life! Seriously, I got more convincing rebuttals from my Son when I or my Missus caught him in the cookie jar or ice cream!

• SFC D says:

What you need is remedial English and a swift kick in the nuts. I don’t care what order. Go get a shovel and clean up your mess, and I hope your wife and kids can forgive your lies. And don’t call me Shirley, you lying sack of shit.

• EODJay says:

That statement is akin to Hillary explaining her greatest accomplishment at State. Rambling, disjointed bullshit.

• C2Show says:

LOL what a drama queen and a liar. Why do you guys always do this? Everytime someone catches you bullshitting…you pull the “I am getting threats” card hoping it will make things go away or you will get sympathy.

Own up to your shit.

• The Old Maj says:

WTF?

Firstly this explains a lot about supply issues in the Army. Secondly This guy gets paid to write resumes for people looking for jobs? Does anyone actually get hired?

• Craig says:

I think this guy is upset because he screwed me out of $800 for his shit service. I can go on and on about the lack of professionalism and organization. His service didn’t provide a single resume to any of the supposed contacts he provided.
      Regardless, he also said his Mother and Daughter died and that’s why he failed at his service. Weird, his dead daughter got death threats? Yet another damn lie.

2. ChipNASA says:

Shane Kunzeman

Well he’s half right

😀

3. Frankie Cee says:

Shane Cuntman just called me, returning the call that I had attempted yesterday. He insists that I am his buddy, calling me “Buddy” dozens of times in the few minutes he was on the phone. After telling me that someone did in fact use his e-mail to send the lies, an ex employee, I asked him a very simple, very straight forward question: “Do you know who used your e-mail to lie about you?”, and he just began talking over me, not answering, then hanging up. Before hanging up on me, he did admit that in working with Special Operations types that he had not put on body armor and picked up a weapon, but was an office working type. I compared that to the Dominoes Guy that delivered a pizza to 7th Special Forces Group being able to claim that he “works with 7th Group”. I wasn’t convinced of his innocence in the call. When I tried to call him back to complete our phone conversation, he hung up again. Heezaturd.

• Graybeard says:

And he (it?) remains true to phony form.

Shane Kunzeman – word of advice: when you find yourself in a hole, quit diggin’, boy.

• 2/17 Air Cav says:

Shane. Frankie Cee has a well earned reputation here (and elsewhere) for taking matters to their sources. In that regard, he is known to his local sheriff’s dept and for all the the right reasons. I have no doubt that he gave you some sage advice, but that you were evasive and talked over and around him instead of answering him. You screwed the pooch on that, Shane, and then made matters worse by hanging up on him when he called you back. Believe me, if you had told HIM the unvarnished truth, he would have said so right here and this would probably be at an end now. Alas, it continues. And again, get that police report done, if there’s any truth to your claim of threats against you.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Shane Kunzeman is tap dancing like a Vaudeville Performer on Meth!

Shane has some issues. On the one hand, he says he apologizes and takes ownership of his fictional claims. On the other hand, he now asserts (more than once) that he has received death threats and that his wife and children “are being attacked as well.” As Jonn said, no one here would ever do such a thing and, Shane, make that police report. As for FB comments that you don’t like, may I suggest that you get the hell off FB? Try establishing a website for your business and keep your business separate from social media. And do try to rid yourself of the victimhood you have assumed. It’s quite unbecoming and you don’t play the role convincingly.

5. Claw says:

Shane Kunzeman is currently waiting in the on-deck circle for his chance to make it into the Big Show.

At the rate the comments were being posted, this one should just about put him over the top.

Is he there yet?

6. Dallas Wittgenfeld’s Bunghole says:

I do NOT tolerate competition…fess up boy and stop being an asshole

7. Frankie Cee says:

“over 7 death threats”, and how were they delivered? By phone? you have the number, since you use a cell phone. By e-mail, simple to track back as well. By a message taped to a rock and pitched through your living room window? That would be harder to trace, but not impossible. If, in fact, you did have actual death threats, I am sure that you would not waste your time with us, but would be sitting on the lap of law enforcement, telling them of the threats and showing them the proof. I once had a death threat, one that I chose not to handle myself because it truly did involve my wife and kids, and it was delivered via the ol’ message taped to a rock and tossed through my living room window, during Sunday evening TV when the family was watching “The Wonderful World of Disney”. I went to the police on that one, (42 years ago), because it did involve my kids. A neighbor, knowing what I was dealing with, (a trade union), snapped a photo of the tag on the car. The owner was arrested, and later prosecuted for multiple crimes, that threat among them. There is a way to handle things that actually take place, but coming, whining, to a blog is really not productive at all, Shane Kunzeman.

8. swormy says:

Shane says on his facebook page that TAH doesnt have all the info, something about a missing DD214 from 2000-2002. According to his ERB, he didnt start basic training until 2002. I’d like to see this magical DD214 he speaks of but not holding my breath.

• Claw says:

There is a DD214 for that time period, but it is meaningless.

It would be the DD214 covering his five months and 11 days when he was on active duty only for training purposes (BCT/AIT).

He then returned to his home station and a little later went active duty and was shipped directly over to Germany.

But, it’s not like the unit in Germany was any kind of a front line Divisional unit. That Aviation outfit (214th) provided the helicopters that flew all the VIP type Big Wigs from USAREUR headquarters around. Ash and Trash General Support missions were their stock in trade.

And he was just a parts clerk that probably drove back and forth picking up the repair parts that had been placed on requisition and came available for pick-up.

But probably not very good at even being a parts clerk. He was never awarded a Good Conduct Medal (although eligible), nor a Army Commendation Medal, and wasn’t even awarded a Army Achievement Medal (and the Army awards AAMs by the bucket loads) either for singular performance or as an end-of-tour/ETS award.

But as Shane Kunzeman slides into obscurity having had his day in the spotlight, why don’t we all give him a hearty AMF* and See Ya Later.

*AMF – Adios, Mother Fucker – (It’s a Nam Thing)

• swormy says:

I noticed that after I hit send, my bad. Agreed on the additional time for training.

It appears he’s going by the poser playbook though, someone else made those comments about being a Ranger and jumping out of planes, wasn’t me.

He could have been satisfied with his honorable discharge but decided to shit on it, thinking it would boost business somehow.

• Hondo says:

The earliest entry on the ERB above isn’t for Basic. It’s his reporting in for processing to go on AD from RC status. Two weeks later, he was in Germany; Basic is substantially longer than that, let alone AIT.

As Claw noted, the 5 mo and change of additional active service referenced on his DD214 above was for his Basic and AIT. He did those after first joining, then left active duty and was assigned to the Reserve Components.

There would be a second, separate DD214 for that time frame. That earlier DD214 apparently wasn’t provided in response to the FOIA request that received the above docs as a reply. However, as I recall 5 mo (give or take) is about right for many MOSs for the combo of Basic, AIT, and some transit time between the two.

9. Frankie Cee says:

I remember, several years ago when some commenter at some blog made up some “Wanted” posters on various users of society. One of those guys chose to attempt to make the posters show as a “Dead or Alive” thing, when no where on them it suggested anything of the sort. That guy went to a blog to complain of “death threats”, even attempting a law suit, and got nowhere, but deep into a South Florida piney woods. I remember.

10. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Maybe Shane Kunzeman could have saved himself a shit ton of self-inflicted heartburn if he had just come out and said something like “Yeah, I fucked up by claiming to have done things I really didn’t do, I was full of shit when I said it.” instead of spinning like a chihuahua chasing its tail while on LSD.

11. JACK SHIT says:

Shane Kunzeman does not know me.

• The ghost of Daniel Bernath’s Bunghole says:

And I thought I was up your creek after the crash…to be unknown to Jack Shit is just too damn awful to contemplate…I think I’m getting an afterlife case of the piles

12. 26Limabeans says:

Why would some one need to pay to have a simple resume drawn up? I learned how to do that in high school. And again in college.
    Always wrote my own and I always got the job.
    I can see where some jobs might require a bit more bullshit to get in the door but geezze it’s not like you can’t find a typewriter and pound out some truth about yourself. Ironic that this guy would be in the embelishment racket.

• Hack Stone says:

What’s a typewriter?

Signed,

Clueless Millenial

• 26Limabeans says:

“Typewrighter”

One who corrects that which is typed in error.

Jonn has that power but I am told he rarely uses it. Sorry for the typo. /s

• Hack Stone says:

Not a jab at you. You did spell it correctly. Hack’s comment was a jab at the younger generations unfamiliar with what they consider to be obsolete hardware. When Hack first retired, he worked for a Defense Contractor in Arlington VA, and one of the new hires had no concept of long playing records. Hack did his best to explain it, but the young man thought that he was being jerked around by an old-timer.

13. A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I see that Shane Kunzeman is still tap dancing in the Farcebook comments, what a bunny fart!

14. Scotty says:

You claimed the phone number that was provided on your response back to the questions that I asked you on facebook was you personal cell number Shane Kunzeman. The same number you gave me when I asked you to vett yourself.
    Bosnia? Iraq? Afghanistan? Somalia? Turkey?, and all over the CONUS? You was one busy secret squirrel stationed in a warehouse in Germany son.
    We would love to hear about what Army Ranger Units that you were in? (Assigned to) SERE school? YOU, or someone that you claim works for you made those statements to me directly. So either you own it or you’re tossing someone under the bus. https://militaryphonies.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/screenshot011.jpg

• 26Limbeans says:

“where I jumped out of airplanes”

Ok, where? We’re all ears Shane Kunzeman.
      Was it on the tarmac when you tripped going down the stairs and did a triple gainer into a chock block?

15. Shane Kunzeman says:

Hello,

To the owner of this site, I am reaching out to you to ask if you would drop the information about me from your site as well as I wanted to formally apologize to the VETS that this upset, and take ownership as a Veteran and as a brother in Christ. I would like to address the situation to that you may know my intentions and know that I didn’t mean to upset you and mislead anyone. I was taught a valuable lesson from this as an owner of a company that is impacting many VETERAN lives and trying to help them. I will make sure that I am number 1 very specific with my verbiage with talking about my affiliations, and just plain down right not mention special ops or the Army Rangers at all….and I will just leave it out completely and offer our services with the word of mouth testimonials we have Already so you will not see any more mistakes from my self and my team moving forward.

I pray you will forgive me and please take this down from the site. It is making it extremely hard for our creditability that we have worked so hard for. I know that some of you will make some more comments and say here is the “BEGGING” But honestly the LIVES OF VETS and the future of the VETS that work for me are WAY MORE VALUABLE THAN MY EGO….And I just can stand by and not help these VETS OUT THERE THAT NEED OUR SERVICES….. So please consider removing this completely as I WANT TO HELP VETS AND I CANT MAKE AS BIG OF IMPACT WITH THIS ON MY NECK…. PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGY.

I have uploaded a video and addressed the issues at hand but mainly. I am just taking ownership…and if you won’t offer the forgiveness then I understand.

Please know I am deeply sorry and I have attached a video link to my google drive with an apology.

• 26Limabeans says:

“I have contacted CID, ICE, FBI and the local Authorities”

You left out NASA, NOAA and the National Weather Service.

• Skidmark says:

It won’t come down, you made your bed, now lie in it. However, you made the 1st baby step, sort of, but you’re still making excuses about being hacked etc.
      If you’re truly “owning” it, then own it and fess up completely without the excuses. Your Military Docs haven’t been compromised when they come directly from the source, that excuse doesn’t hold water.
      You’re getting there, but you still haven’t grasped the lesson.

• OWB says:

IF that is an honest apology, only time will tell. IF you follow through and quit lying about your military experience, I will consider forgiving you your bad behavior.

It’s up to you, Shane. This episode will not be forgotten. Forgiven? Maybe, some day, but it all depends upon how you act going forward.

Lying to and about veterans is NOT helping veterans. You express a desire to help veterans, but apparently were not willing to do the hard work required to do so. IF that has changed, you are the only one who can do the work to recover a rep worthy of support by the same people you have dishonored.

It won’t be easy but it can be done. But only you can do it. We are not going to pretend otherwise.

• 2/17 Air Cav says:

Well, I’m good with Shane’s message and this is my last comment about him.

• Frankie Cee says:

I see no apology that says “It was me that made the false claims and I am sorry that I made those claims. And, on the “over 7 death threats”, and it looks like there is a claim that one was acted on, traced to Utah. In all the apologies, I see no heartfelt apology, just a plea to leave him alone, so he can continue with his business. I am not convinced of his sincerity.

• NHSparky says:

Take it down?

Uh, yeah–NO.

And which “local authority” might that be, Scooter?

• Graybeard says:

Shane Kunzeman:
      You made your bed out of a pack of lies.
      You claim to be “a brother in Christ”, and I throw the BS flag on your lying adz.
      ““You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.”
      Or, more precisely:
      “ὑμεῖς ἐκ τοῦ πατρὸς τοῦ διαβόλου ἐστὲ καὶ τὰς ἐπιθυμίας τοῦ πατρὸς ὑμῶν θέλετε ποιεῖν ἐκεῖνος ἀνθρωποκτόνος ἦν ἀπ’ ἀρχῆς καὶ ἐν τῇ ἀληθείᾳ οὐκ ἔστηκεν ὅτι οὐκ ἔστιν ἀλήθεια ἐν αὐτῷ ὅταν λαλῇ τὸ ψεῦδος ἐκ τῶν ἰδίων λαλεῖ ὅτι ψεύστης ἐστὶν καὶ ὁ πατὴρ αὐτοῦ”

You, Shane Kunzeman, by maintaining your lies, are not behaving “as a brother in Christ” but, rather, as a son of Satan.

From what I can see, the only thing you are sorry about is being caught out as a liar and a fraud. Your continued protestations that you are trying to help veterans and others smell like a feedlot. I retract that – a feedlot smells better.

There are few things that make me angrier than a fraud hiding behind the pretense of being a Christian. But what I should warn you is that God Himself will punish those who claim to be following Him:
      ““And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’”
      “καὶ τότε ὁμολογήσω αὐτοῖς ὅτι οὐδέποτε ἔγνων ὑμᾶς ἀποχωρεῖτε ἀπ’ ἐμοῦ οἱ ἐργαζόμενοι τὴν ἀνομίαν”

The Lake of Fire awaits those who do that.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Shane – YOU shot your credibility in the foot the SECOND you claimed you were an Army Ranger and LIED about your service.

Here’s a little news item that showed up today – about a couple of former NFL players that FUCKED over VETERANS:

Take a few minutes and read it carefully – this may happen to you if you’re fucking over people that you claim to be helping.

“Stolen Valor is the tip of the iceberg…”

• Ret_25X says:

“PLEASE KNOW I HAVE RECEIVED DEATH THREATS and I have had my emails hacked into and my military documents and personal information compromised. I have contacted CID, ICE, FBI and the local Authorities, and thankfully we were able to trace it to UT and the proper authorities have the information…. I HAVE A CASE NUMBER from the local authorities for the death threats as well…… SO1835695 for which I know that some of you didn’t believe me.”

Listen carefully, child. No. One. Cares. You could have a million case numbers for your lies and it would still add up to zero.

You decided to be google famous. Congratulations on the reward for your hard work!

I’m willing to be you were told at least once by a Sr NCO not to write checks your ass cannot cash. You should have listened.

Stop sniveling, dry your eyes, and get real with yourself. No one like a poser. Truth to tell, you don’t like posers. Not only does it diminish your actual service, it is an attempt to diminish ours as well by creating a perception that veterans are either liars or fabulists.

Finally, I’ll give you the advice I have given children like you for years, when you get tired of fucking up, get on top. Get on top of your lies and own them. Get on top of the lazy assed way of dealing with the world through shortcuts and put in the work.

Want respect? Earn it.

• Jake Ray says:

This mans company cost me over $1000 dollars. He ripped me off and I am a one hundred percent veteran from Buffalo NY. He lied cheated and scammed me. My resume looks like the paragraph up above. Mis spelling punctuation errors. This man is not helping veterans and after asking for a simple refund I will make it my priority to expose him. He has stolen thousands of dollars from veterans and even had the audacity to ask me to tip him or send him s limo for him and his wife. Wonder what it is like for her to be married to a fraud. 20/20 and Dateline here you come. Please if you were scammed by this man reach out to me as I plan on going to authorities in Florida and in NY..

• Craig says:

This would have never happened if you had some fucking integrity and owned your mistakes and came clean with it.
      You could have refunded the money but your ignorance and pride have gotten the better of you.
      I gave you every chance to make the wrong right.
      Now you can lay in the pile of shit you have created.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

He begged for the removal of this thread, TOUGH SHIT, the internet is forever! As to those he has ripped off and done half-assed work for, I hope they find this thread and keep the Google ®™️ fame a’ coming his way. IMHO Shane Kunzeman still has a long way to go before he comes clean.

• Craig says:

You made the choice to poke the bear and now you will suffer his full rath!

You had a choice.

16. bombstopr says:

I got suspicious when I noticed praises and referrals were screen shots and not actual posts on his FB page. I’m not an internet guru but I tried to see if any of the testimonials on his site were real. I only found one that seemed to be a real person. His FB page lists his employment starting in Sep 2017 as “doing tbat stuff” whatever that is. Doesn’t sound to me like the “Senior Executive Position” Shane helped him get.

• C2Show says:

I noticed that Military Phonies guys closed the comments section. But I saw your post there, I was going to reply that even his testimonials are questionable.

Ole Shane posted a iPhone screenshot of some guy saying he was referred for GS13 in DC and GS9 in Louisville. Huge difference between 13 and a damn 9. But referrals don’t mean shit on USAJOBS. He is showing people that as proof that he is good at federal resumes? Come on.

Shane-O, better start using better referrals, pal.

17. C2Show says:

Few people are actually saying they were scammed by Shane.

18. SFC D says:

I started my day with 12 fucks, and as of 1143L, I still have them all. Nice try Shane. I award you zero points, and we are all now dumber for having read your “apology”. May God have mercy on your soul.

19. Mick says:

ChipNASA: this thread might be a good opportunity to try out your new Official TAH Bingo Card.

20. thebesig says:

Shane Kunzeman: To the owner of this site, I am reaching out to you to ask if you would drop the information about me from your site

The fact of the matter is that you made claims, on Facebook and elsewhere, about previously being an Army Ranger. You also made claims about doing special operations and psychological operations. Based on commentary from somebody that knows you, at Asymmetrical Warfare Group, you have a history of making these kinds of claims.

When one of these individuals contacted you, you had a perfect opportunity to clarify yourself. Doing what we recommended here, when someone from the original website first contacted you about your being an Army Ranger veteran, may have averted you getting a special mention on this website.

Now that you are featured here, the article on you is going to stay. I say this based on previous requests made to the site owner. The best thing that you can do is to resist the urge to argue against the facts on you. Doing what we recommend here would be a start. Continuously tap dancing, as you have been doing since we saw this article, will only get you more responses and mentions.

By extension, continued activity on this article, and mentions of your name, ensures that this website hovers at the top of Google search listings.

Shane Kunzeman: as well as I wanted to formally apologize to the VETS that this upset, and take ownership as a Veteran

Any apology that you provide should meet the recommendations mentioned earlier in this thread. Again:

Acknowledge that you made the claims that you made here.

Provide a sincere apology that admits your fault with the initial claims of being an Army Ranger. Your apologies should not attempt to save face for you. Inform us of how you intend to move forward doing the right thing.

Post a similar version of this apology on your websites.

Taking ownership of this includes taking ownership of the fact that it was you, not some errant employee, not some hacker, but you that made these Army Ranger, special operations, psychological operations claims.

If you are attempting to blame someone, or something, for making those comments, if you are trying to distance yourself from those actual acts, your apology would mean nothing.

If you truly want to take ownership of this, you would not insist that this article be taken down. Knowing the history of similar requests to the site owner, I recommend getting used to the idea that as long as the site is up, this article on you will remain up.

Previously featured individuals, who have made similar requests, were not accommodated.

Shane Kunzeman: and as a brother in Christ.

It doesn’t help your case when you claim to be a brother in Christ, but exercise something inconsistent with that concept. By distancing yourself and attempting to point to some other cause for the original Army Ranger claims, you’re practicing a form of deception that a “brother in Christ” would not engage in against other “brothers in Christ”.

Shane Kunzeman: I would like to address the situation to that you may know my intentions and know that I didn’t mean to upset you and mislead anyone.

Address the situation based on the recommendations that we provided you on this thread. This begins with an acknowledgment of your responsibility regarding the original claims being made. What you offered wasn’t a sincere explanation or apology. It was an attempt to save face, to rewrite this specific history, to maintain whatever persona you are attempting to portray, in a way that you thought would also meet the standards of a proper apology.

You claim that you didn’t mean to upset or mislead the reader. Unfortunately, this current apology does exactly that. Taking ownership of the overall fiasco, but not of what caused it, is not taking ownership at all. It’s misleading. Also, the more you do this, the more you upset many of the readers… The more you get mentioned here.

Shane Kunzeman: I was taught a valuable lesson from this as an owner of a company that is impacting many VETERAN lives and trying to help them.

No, you did not learn a valuable lesson from this. You, as the owner of the company, should understand that whatever software, and personnel, that “fall under your command”, as well as your clients, depend on you to represent yourself accordingly. As a leader, you should understand the concept of a “selfless act”.

One of the things that keeps showing up, as a trend in your comments, is your ego. You’re putting your ego ahead of your company, ahead of your fellow associates, ahead of your clients, as well as ahead of the veteran community. If you truly cared about the many veteran lives that you have impacted, you would swallow your pride, follow our recommendations here, and move forward based on how we recommend you move forward.

• thebesig says:

Shane Kunzeman: I will make sure that I am number 1 very specific with my verbiage with talking about my affiliations, and just plain down right not mention special ops or the Army Rangers at all….and I will just leave it out completely and offer our services with the word of mouth testimonials we have Already so you will not see any more mistakes from my self and my team moving forward.

Your mentioning the “downright not mentioning special operations or Army Rangers”, is an attempt to deceive. In fact, in our replies, we mentioned Army Ranger multiple times. The reader can see the context of the statements, and not walk away thinking that we were one. We simply did not make that claim.

You can mention these groups, same as they are mentioned here, without making people believe that you were one of them, operating side-by-side with them, being an operator.

In fact, you should not even have to do this when trying to advertise your business. You’re a veteran, you should simply mention your business as a veteran owned and operated business. People will respect that. However, if your marketing performance depends on you mentioning “working with” one of the special operations units, then your marketing is weak.

Your business performance, centering on the number of successes versus non-successes for your clients, should be sufficient for your marketing efforts.

This part of your reply is only a part of the apology, which should follow your acknowledgment, and taking responsibility, for originally making claims of being an Army Ranger. Don’t shift the blame or try to isolate it outside of you as the cause.

Shane Kunzeman: I pray you will forgive me

If you give us a real, sincere, apology meeting the recommendations we provided for you on this thread, then carry out doing the right thing regarding this in your future actions, most would forgive you here.

However, with the way that you are trying to tap dance here, that you are trying to save face, that you are trying to make this disappear, and are trying to put time behind it, does not lend most here to forgiving your actions. To forgive and forget your actions, based on your recent apology tap dances, would only enable you. Nobody here wants to enable you.

Shane Kunzeman: and please take this down from the site. It is making it extremely hard for our creditability that we have worked so hard for.

Understand that this website is not what is making it extremely hard for your credibility. YOU are making it extremely hard for your company’s, and your, credibility. You are also trashing everything that you worked for, as well trashing your military service.

Follow the advice that we’ve provided you on this thread, and you would find it possible to recover your credibility and to salvage what you have done. People can understand that others will make mistakes. They will respect you for following our recommendations for an apology, our recommendations for moving forward, and, additionally, they will respect you for what you can deliver for your clients.

You did all the actions necessary; with your Army Ranger claims, then coming here with your attempts to play by the “Phony/Embellisher Playbook”, its chapter on denial, to your refusal to truly acknowledge yourself as a catalyst for all of this happening. You made those Army Ranger claims, not some hacker or someone working for you.

You did all the work necessary for doing what you blame this website for doing. Military Phonies, Jonn, and others simply gathered the information on you and posted it. If it were not for your work in building your embellished persona, this article and posts on you wouldn’t exist.

Shane Kunzeman: I know that some of you will make some more comments and say here is the “BEGGING”

“Begging” is just part of the equation. You’re not just begging, you are tap dancing trying to have it both ways. On one hand, you want this to all disappear. On the other hand, you want to continue with your antics.

As someone already mentioned, you have to “grovel”. Others here, and I, followed that up by defining exactly what was meant by “grovel”. Not the type of groveling that you are doing here. Again, go back and read the posts informing you on what you need to do regarding an apology and future actions.

• thebesig says:

Shane Kunzeman: But honestly the LIVES OF VETS and the future of the VETS that work for me are WAY MORE VALUABLE THAN MY EGO….And I just can stand by and not help these VETS OUT THERE THAT NEED OUR SERVICES….. So please consider removing this completely as I WANT TO HELP VETS AND I CANT MAKE AS BIG OF IMPACT WITH THIS ON MY NECK…. PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGY.

Your constant insistence on having this article, and associated thread, removed indicates “control issues”. These are the same “control issues” that motivated you to make your false/deceptive Army Ranger, special operations, psychological operations, etc., claims. Your insistence on having this removed, by offering a non-apology, also indicates control issues.

If you are so concerned about the other veterans, if you are concerned about their welfare, their future, as well as your ability to assist them, you would swallow your pride. Then, you would go back and read our comments on what you need to do to offer a sincere apology. Then you would follow our recommendations on how to move forward.

Your commentary is also a symptom of somebody who realizes that he is losing control. You want to continue doing what you have been doing. You do not want to be held accountable for your actions. You are insisting that certain things occur, and are attempting to describe the negative impacts this is having on your company and client.

You don’t have control over what those on this site do. However, you have control over your own actions. If you are concerned about veterans that need your services, about your need to help other veterans, then follow our recommendations on providing a sincere apology.

Hint: your “apologies” in your videos, and here, are precisely what we will consider “what not to do” with regards to real apologies. You are trying to have it both ways. If veterans are more important than your ego, you would swallow your ego and follow our recommendations regarding sincere apologies.

Shane Kunzeman: I have uploaded a video and addressed the issues at hand but mainly.

I clicked onto that video link, your video shows a similar form of desperation that you’re showing in your postings here and elsewhere. You do the same thing, with the video, that you do on the keyboard. The look on your face shows that this is getting to you. You want to move forward without having to do what you need to do to get the outcome that you are seeking.

Most of it anyway; chances are good that the above article on you will remain up.

If you can’t do what we recommend, in the order that we recommend, we’re not going to have confidence in your insinuations that you’re “turning a new leaf”. What’s preventing you from doing what we recommend, regarding a sincere apology, is what drove you to initially claim to be an Army Ranger, Special Operations, Psychological Operations, etc.

Shane Kunzeman: I am just taking ownership…

The way to take ownership of this is to drop the “hacker” or the “somebody else” did it explanation. Your explanations attempt to distance yourself, or excuse yourself from responsibility, from the original commentaries made that led to all of this.

Let’s take your initial explanations. You attempted to explain away the rapid disappearances of posts on your business Facebook account to “people working for you”. Normally, in something like this, the business owner would approve of any action taken on any website presenting the business.

Meaning, your “employees” would not take something down from your Facebook account without your authority. If they are making unauthorized postings, or taking unauthorized actions on your company Facebook account, or on your website, then that would be a demonstration of their lack of respect for you and for your authority.

However, since many of us, on the site, have seen similar claims, we strongly believe that you are the one that made the original Army Ranger claims, and that you, or someone working closely to you and with your authority, removed unflattering Facebook posts from your company Facebook page.

Shane Kunzeman: and if you won’t offer the forgiveness then I understand. Please know we are VETS HELPING VETS I want you to know that We are doing the right thing we are helping people and not being greedy, we give much more than we receive and we offer services to vets out there hurting and need our help.

That forgiveness is being offered contingent on your following the steps needed to obtain that forgiveness. Mainly, acknowledgment of your culpability with those comments, a sincere apology, a commitment to do the right thing, steps you will take moving forward, etc. You’d do this if the welfare of your clients, as well as that of other veterans, is important to you.

As a leader of a company, you should put the interests of those who work for you, and of your clients, ahead of your ego. You don’t seem to be willing to do that based on your previous commentary. Your tap dancing here is not going to get you that forgiveness. Instead, it will earn you additional commentary regarding your statements, to include additional mentions of your name.

• thebesig says:

Shane Kunzeman: Please know I am deeply sorry

No, you are not deeply sorry for your actions. You’re only sorry for the fact that you got caught. If you are truly sorry, you would follow our recommendations for providing a proper apology and for moving forward.

Shane Kunzeman: and I have attached a video link to my google drive with an apology.

Providing a video with a speech parallel to what you’ve posted here and elsewhere, making the same mistakes with regards to how to make an apology, does not help your situation. In fact, looking at how you present yourself in that video, and your surrounding background, actually works against your business image. You actually did more harm to yourself with that video attempt.

This is just an example of you attempting to control the situation, rather than control your actions.

Shane Kunzeman: PLEASE KNOW I HAVE RECEIVED DEATH THREATS and I have had my emails hacked into and my military documents and personal information compromised. I have contacted CID, ICE, FBI and the local Authorities, and thankfully we were able to trace it to UT and the proper authorities have the information…. I HAVE A CASE NUMBER from the local authorities for the death threats as well…… SO1835695 for which I know that some of you didn’t believe me.

Chances are that if you were hacked, someone was after information related to your company. Additionally, they may have interest in any other potential “high money victim” that they could go after as well. They won’t just go after your personal information regarding your military documentations and personal information, unless it will gain the hackers something valuable.

I can’t think of something, at the moment, that’d drive someone to glean something valuable from your military documents.

As a precaution, you should list this “hacking” event on your website, provide any precautions that you have implemented to protect your clients’ information, and what they could do moving forward.

Having said that, your statements regarding hacking of your personal information, and the death threats, will not change the course of action being taken on this thread. We are going to hold you “accountable” by consistently calling you out the way we’ve been doing it here. We provided you with a path forward, starting with an actual apology. Not a “half-baked” apology that’s intended to help you save face, to help you maintain the status quo, to satisfy your need to control a situation you have no control over, etc.

Shane Kunzeman: Regardless, I hope that you can see my impact and what I am doing to make an impact to the VETERAN community and I and working and have been working so hard to help more VETS. This of course is something that I pray ALL OF YOU OTHER VETS can see that my impact is more important than my CARELESS mistake and I hope that you would please take my info down so that we may be able to help more VETS like we have thus far.

If people are not seeing the positive impact, that you are having, on the veteran community, it’s not anything that is being said here, or on what was posted above about you. It is your actions, your tap dancing, your “half-baked” apologies, your refusal to completely own up to the original comments that you made, etc.

These are what’s “hiding” your actual accomplishments. It’s you that is setting up the smokescreens that is masking much of what you are doing for the veteran community.

You’re hiding behind your company’s mission, behind your claims of being a “brother in Christ”, and behind other “benevolent” activities as an attempt to escape what you need to do to move forward with this.

Nobody here is denying that people are free from mistakes. People make mistakes. Most of us will gladly view your accomplishments over your mistake if you would simply follow our recommendations here regarding an apology.

As long as you attempt to control a situation that you do not have control over, as long as you attempt to gain an outcome that allows you to save face without having to take complete ownership of the original comments that led to this, we’re going to keep focusing on your specific actions rather than on what you have done for veterans.

This is partly a credibility issue. If I needed resume services, and I saw this article, your actions on this thread, your comments on your Facebook page, your conduct while videotaping yourself… I would steer clear of your services. Your observable actions are like a business card. They speak volumes about your persona. This is a business ethics issue.

21. SFC D says:

the besig,
    Eloquent, well written, and brutally honest as always. Nobody can dismantle a poser the way you do.

Shane,
    Read his words slowly and carefully. Not only is it incredible advice on how to un-fuck yourself, it’s what properly written English looks like. Read it. Learn it. Live it.

22. Atkron says:

Jimmy cracked corn, and I don’t give a shit about you or your company.

YOU made the claims, now YOU get to be Google famous for the rest of your life as a liar.

Nothing wrong with having been a supply dude, nothing wrong with it at all.

Hmm. I always wondered what a human version of Sesame Street’s “Beaker” would look like.

However, I seem to remember someone else Jonn’s crossed swords with (figuratively speaking, of course) in the past already has that nickname here at TAH. So maybe this guy should be nicknamed “Beaker II”.

24. Carlos says:

Would anyone like to know this guy’s real service record? I was his First Sergeant for 3 years. I was sent a link to Military Phony from someone on Facebook, didn’t surprise me to see Kunzeman on this web site. I dimed him out on Facebook to all of the people in our unit, B Co. 1/214th AVN., we were stationed in Wiesbaden, Germany. Everyone was pretty upset. Judging by the replies here, you all are upset too. I understand. If you want to know about his tenure in the Army, I will be glad to explain it. Thanks,

• OWB says:

Sure. Fill us in on his “real service record.” Is it different from what is posted? Or are you just offering to fill in some of the gaps?

• Claw says:

You betcha, 1SG. Give us all the good poop. We always want to hear the “Rest of the Story.”

Kuntsman has already gotten enough comments to have made it to the Big Show, with some more you can make him an All-Star.

• Carlos says:

He was with us as a 92A Supply, just a regular supply guy that was Armor qualified, not an aviation supply. Spent most of his time in the front leaning rest position. He was never “down Range” at any time. Only Germany. No combat time or deployments. He ETS and left with an honorable discharge.

Having said that: an earlier posting someone had mentioned he didn’t have a Good Conduct Medal, an AAM, or ARCOM. He was eligible for a good conduct medal for 3 years of service but the commander and myself decided he did not qualify for it, nor did he deserve a AAM or ARCOM for his service. He did not meet the requirements specified in the regulations. I did give him a parting gift for his service to our country. I let him keep his canteen cup from CIF. I told him he may need it when he’s in the “soup line”. No, shit, I gave him a canteen cup. As I expected, he may use it. I was hoping he would take the point I was trying to make and try to do better in life. Guess it didn’t sink in. I am disappointed that he chose to use the “Vet helping Vet” thing. I will not go into great detail about his time in the company, as for the record, he served, he was discharged Honorably and that is that.
        I hope he can move on from this incident, no one’s fault but his own, throughout the years since 2005, he has kept in contact with me and the others from the company. I guess he fell in with a bad crowd of fake people posing as “Business People” doing tbat thang. Whatever! He needs to get a real job, do the 9-5 like everyone else, and move on. Hope this clarifies some of the questions about his time while serving.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

You gave him a Canteen Cup and told him…

CLASSIC!!!

• SFC D says:

I’m kinda upset about that canteen cup thing. Pissed because I wish I woulda thought of it! That’s hall-of-fame awesome! Thanks for the info Carlos, stick around, I think you’ll like it here.

• The Stranger says:

And the fucked up thing is that I can’t find mine and they don’t sell them in the PX anymore! The folks at Indiantown Gap gave me a business card for a surplus store….

• Claw says:

The Canteen Cup/Soup Line story just made him an All-Star. Thank You for that, 1SG.

Being the old Supply Sergeant that I am,I would also have made him sign a Statement of Charges for it on the spot before finally signing out of the Company./smile

• Graybeard says:

Thanks for the intel, 1stSgt.

We can hope he gets his life in line and grows up. But the choice is his to make.

Hope to hear more from you in future postings.

• OWB says:

Thanks muchly for the additional information. We often wonder around here what the backstories include. We have to assume that an honorable discharge means that a poser/embellisher served well enough to not get a downgraded discharge. But that can include everything from minor incompetence to exemplary behavior.

Not that everyone is a hard charger. Don’t really need for all recruits to be hard chargers. Sounds like you did the best you could for this one.

• shane kunzeman says:

I have discontinued the company. My deepenst apology.I wanted nothing more than to help veterans. And I want my family and and others to be safe. This has obviously changed my life for the worst. I honestly worked hard for the vets and I did my very best. We were just not able to continue due to many reasons. Please accept this apology. Hopefully I can get things back on track for my family and future. As honestly all I want to do is help people from the bottom of my heart. I have learned many lessons in this company and with veterans. I can assure you that I am deeply sorry. God bless.
            Shane