Cori LeCinda Pierce; phony veteran

| July 3, 2018 | 165 Comments

Someone sent us their work on this Cori LeCinda Pierce person, now going by Cori Byrd, who claims that she is a veteran, and of course, for proof, she has a service dog;

She spent a whole 41 days in the Army before they kicked her to the curb;

Last time I checked, it takes more than 41 days at Relaxin’ Jackson for someone to be considered a veteran. She must’ve caught the PTSD that day that the PX ran out of Skittles and LCDs (little chocolate donuts).

Skidmark’s conversation with her;

1. 26Limabeans says:

PFC in 41 days?

• Martinjmpr says:

Probably had enough college to come in as a PFC. Or JROTC.

• USMCMSgt (Ret) says:

AND she received the coveted NDSM!

(Nothing Follows)

• Adam says:

boot camp awarded upon entry. Being considered a vet she is NOT. Not a disabled Veteran by any stretch. A little research will tell her how one becomes a vet.

• MrBill says:

Came in as a PFC; date of rank is the same as the date she entered AD.

• Steve says:

I was just about to ask the same thing – din’t even know you could do that.

• Some Guy says:

It gets even better: You can enlist straight as a SPC if you have a college degree! Some of my Marine colleagues were surprised by that as well.
        But wait, there’s more: say you have a degree and enlist as an 09S (officer candidate). You complete BCT as an E-4, then get promoted to E-5 as soon as you begin OCS. In the national guard they even promote you straight up to E-6.
        Of course nothing beats a direct commission in terms of advancement without TIS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_S._Knudsen 😉

• Mason says:

Anyone ever know anyone with band experience to come in at a higher rank? I remember a rumor that you could be brought in at up to E-6 if you were a musician enlisting for one of the big service bands. Probably just wild junior enlisted rumor.

• Forest Green says:

Yes, the Marine Corps Band and the Drum and Bugle Corps members start as SNCOs. They are professional musicians and compete for those positions with some of the best available. They aren’t found in boot camp.

• Nicki says:

Yep. I went in as an E-4 after I graduated Hopkins. And yes, you do start as an E-6 in the Marine Corps band. These guys are INCREDIBLE! Absolutely top notch!

• Top W Kone says:

When I was a Drill SGT in 99-01 we had several band members come through. They were E4 in BCT, no AIT required and most were E6 at graduation

We had one who had a PhD in something musical (chello or the like) that was an E7 at graduation.

This ment he out ranked me at graduation

• timactual says:

Date of rank = date entered active duty, 7/14/08. Evidently enlisting as an E3 is an option in the new, all-volunteer Army.

I guess if the Army can issue a medal for completing training they can promote you for enlisting.

• SFAlphageek says:

I came in as a PFC with guaranteed advancement to Specialist in 4 months in 1986. The bump to PFC for 4 years of JROTC or 2 years of college or Eagle Scout has been around a long time.

• Martinjmpr says:

Yeah, this is nothing new. I saw it in the 1980’s

IIRC the way “enlist as an E-4” worked was that you actually enlisted as an E-3 with an automatic promotion to E-4 once you completed IET (Basic and AIT.)

IOW, you’re still a private in basic training.

• J.R. Johnson says:

In the 1990’s it was: E-2 (get a buddy to enlist with you), E-3 (get two buddies to enlist with you, or JROTC/ROTC/ at least 60 credit hours of college), and E-4 have a bachelors or higher degree…or completed all degree requirements prior to enlisting. I came in as a PFC and had my military record corrected because I was just waiting on my final exams to be graded and degree to be issued (took two tries because the Records board for some reason thought I left basic to take my exams). Worked out better for me because I caught less shit, and just got a nice back dated pay check. When I made e-4 by merit (and it freed up a slot the next month for someone else).

• Skippy says:

If I would have went officer instead of enlisted I would have been a E-4
        Until I graduated basic then E-5. Instead I went enlisted with hopes of being
        A warrant officer so I did basic as a E-3 AIT as a E-4
        Crazy thing we had 7 people in my basic rotation that were all going
        To DLA and were all officer or soon to be officers two of them were
        Freaking out because they were supposed to go to Jackson and not Sill
        I couldn’t understand why basic was a blast and for a older guy like
        Me Fun Fun and more Fun

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

When I enlisted I had three years of JROTC along with 90+ College Course Hours along with 2 years of College ROTC so I came in as an E3.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

A whopping 41 days at “Relaxin’ Jackson”, less time in Active Service than John Giduck!

• NHSparky says:

There are a number of programs where one comes on AD as an E-3.

Navy Nukes high on that list.

• MSG Eric says:

When I came in, if you suckered your friends into joining as well, you got rank as well. I hooked up a friend of mine and signed something saying he recruited me in so he could go to Basic as an E-2.

I’m sure that hasn’t changed, especially since the Army is hurting so badly for troops at this point. Good thing we did such a massive drawdown a couple years back….

• 26Limabeans says:

In my Basic the DI picked one guy to be his rat bastard. Went to a ROTC guy named Bertram. I hope he is reading this
        50 years later and had a long miserable military career followed by selling used cars.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Such was the case when I first enlisted in the early 90s, one of our DS’s went through the ranks asking anyone with a mosquito wings or PFC rank “Were you a ROTC Puke or did you fuck your buddy on the way in?”

2. Sj says:

My 2 dogs just lay around. Eat and fart. I’ve got to get their butts up and moving and get in on the service dog scam. Where do you get the doggie vests?

3. USAF RET says:

Nice hat – idiot. Another “LOOK AT ME” poser

4. Sj says:

BTW: Florida. Again.

5. USMCMSgt (Ret) says:

DD214 Block 11 PRIMARY SPECIALTY reads: “NONE”.

Fuck yeah. That about sums her up.

6. The Stranger says:

Paging IDC SARC!

7. jim h says:

ok, help me out here. what again did she call the police after being asked to leave? does she, in fact, understand the differences between service animal and emotional support animal? what sort of disability is she trying to scam?

• Martinjmpr says:

I think I can answer your questions:

what again did she call the police after being asked to leave?

Hurt Feelings would be my guess.

I’d guess she DOES understand the difference between the two, but what she hopes is that the people who operate businesses where she wants to bring her pet DON’T understand the difference.

what sort of disability is she trying to scam?

I have no idea and couldn’t really figure it out from a brief scan of her FB.

Nevertheless, the whole “service animal” scam is one of the biggest ones going now.

I’m not, in general, a fan of more laws or government interference in peoples lives but it’s pretty clear that the whole “service animal” thing is out of control.

And the problem is that any business has to tread very carefully, even when obvious scammers bring in their ill-behaved pets to place where pets are not allowed, because the risk is all on the employer.

IMO legitimate “service animals” should be documented and validated in the same way that handicapped parking placards are – by requiring the applicant to submit a medical report and state, under oath, that they need an animal and exactly what they need the animal to do. They can then be issued a license by the state that is valid for 3 years an then they have to apply again.

“Comfort” animals wouldn’t qualify. Sorry, I know having Muffy or BunBun might help you relax but I don’t want to step in Muffy’s shit when I walk out the door and I don’t want my child or grandchild bit by your untrained animal that only qualifies as an ’emotional support animal’ because you bought a vest off of Amazon.

Rant over…. >:(

• USMCMSgt (Ret) says:

Agreed. The “service dog” issue is getting out of control.

“Emotional support animal”? What the fuck does someone need an “emotional support animal” for?

To contrast, I’m familiar with one guy who has a medical alert dog that’s needed in case he’s about to have a seizure and shits himself – but I don’t understand why folks need a dog while they’re away from their safe space.

• MSG Eric says:

Based on the reason why we have “pets” in our lives at all, any pet would be considered an emotional support animal. Even my fish. Meaning, if I could carry my 125 gallon saltwater tank with me onto an airplane, they’d have to accommodate it under the same provisions these dumbasses expect.

It’s just another reason to be “special” and get attention.

• Veritas Omnia Vincit says:

Martinjmpr, as someone who holds youth events for young athletes we have a strict no dog policy on the premises for obvious reasons and most of the fields we use already have a NO DOGS on the field policy. Usually in bright red letters, the number of douchebags pretending to have a service animal to bring their pet on the premises is amazing….most of them get pissy when Rover shits on the ground and I tell them they have to leave because the ADA allows me to eject them whenever their beloved service animal is not properly trained.

We see countless liars and shitbags every tournament season trying to scam the world with bullshit service dog claims…so much so that I am at the point where whenever I see a service dog I assume it’s somebody who’s full of shit…which is sad because I recognize legitimate animals provide a valuable service for their owner, but I’m done with turds who bullshit their way around all the time.

• Thunderstixx says:

Fibromyalgia is her disability claim.
        I’m not saying that it doesn’t exist, but you can list me as skeptical after 25 years as a Nurse and more than one person, coworkers, patients, and a couple of girlfriends had the thing.
        To me it is more of a dodge to get out of stuff and I seriously doubt that she is drawing disability for it but I am not up on the latest SSDI stuff…

• 5JC says:

People call the police for all kinds of stupid reasons. Rejection of emotional support dogs is one of them. You might ask what kind of moron takes an emotional support animal to a bar? That would be the kind of person that the only emotional support that they need is ego reinforcement due to the realization deep inside that they are a worthless POS. Just like this one.

8. 26Limabeans says:

Nice fangs

I am sick and tired of so-called service dogs. If a person isn’t blind and is walking around a store with a dog, phuk you. It’s not the dog’s fault so I’ll the dog out of it. (Most look embarrassed, anyway.) If you are so unstable that you can’t get a doorknob at Home Depot w/o your dog, you need to be hospitalized. And don’t let me dare see you near the firearms section at WalMart. I’ll freakin’ pull the fire alarm.

10. JBUSMC says:

I feel sorry for the dogs of all the frauds. I bet they get treated like shit when no one is looking

11. SFC D says:

C 1/34. I remember that place. Except my experience was different than Cori’s. I completed BCT. Cori, being a whiny, entitled, fraudulent bitch may seem like a disability to you, but to the rest of us, your just a whiny, entitled, fraudulent bitch. Enjoy your google fame.

“Sir, you can’t bring that animal in here.”

“Sure I can. He’s a service horse. Can’t you see the sign on his saddle?”

13. Dave Hardin says:

Ewe People have no idea what kind of dedication it takes to train one of these dogs to assist wounded warriors.

Not all scars can be seen and not all scars heal.

I guess 22 a day is ok with Ewe People … her heart is in the right place and thats all the really matters.

14. Jonn Lilyea says:

My wife pushes her French Bulldogs around in a baby carriage for dogs. She takes them in most stores unless the staff ask her to leave with the dogs. Phonies with fake service dogs are just assholes waiting to happen.

15. Skidmark says:

She’s currently on FB, even though her FB is on lockdown, her Fiancee’s is open…Send em’ the love…

• Sparks says:

Fiancee is a great looking guy. NOT! Another daddy loser riding on her SSDI dole. It’s like the big ass, wide loads you see at the store with a guy who weighs a buck ten and he walks behind her, pointing the chips and snacks he wants.

• Thunderstixx says:

He looks like that Ranger guy on TV advertising for the new Tac Shades.
        When he points two fingers at his eyes and then points at something ahead of him in the swamp I just start laughing !!!
        He does it with such a stupid face that I just can’t help myself from laughing !!!
        Oh, then his GF or whatever she is comes on with her putting her glasses on and nodding her head !!!
        Talk about a couple of dweebs, these clowns are the next stars of the TAC Shades commercials !!!

• HMC Ret says:

Sparks: You notice that, too? Why is it the ‘female’ weighs in at around 250 and the guy is 115? She’s putting the chips, ice cream, candy, pizza and all sort of shit foods in the cart. She won’t even let him touch the cart. It’s usually her pointing to stuff for him to get, usually stuff she can’t bend over to get. They sometimes have several kids who are running the aisles gathering crap foods to put in the cart. I particularly like the chicks whose shirt doesn’t cover their belly button and shorts that leave nothing to the imagination. I move a few aisles away from those people and hope to not encounter then again. I understand being overweight … I do. I don’t understand being a horribly dressed slovenly pig with greasy hair and skin and being physically repulsive.

• Skippy says:

White trash all the way…
      Or
      “Straight outta the Trailer Park”

BHWHAHAHAHA !!!!!!

16. AnotherPat says:

Tin cup time for Cori LeCinda Pierce Byrd!

BTW: Why do some folks feel the need to bring their service dogs to a movie theater/dentist or doctor’s office all decked out in “LOOK AT ME…I AM A WAR VETERAN”!T-Shirts with Ballcaps? (Rhetorical Question and yes, I have seen it).

• 5JC says:

It looks like it is for the dog. I will donate only if know the sog will be taken someplace safe away from crazy scammer woman and not be forced to hang out in bars while she gets ploughed.

• Thunderstixx says:

Boy, she’s just killing them out there with her $115.00 out of a $300.00 goal !!!

• Jarhead says:

Down a bit from the earlier paragraph where it says, “Read update”….it mentions her bus leaves Sunday. Greyhound from Dothan, Al one way for ONE PERSON is Sunday $88…Monday is $78….Tuesday is $66. She’s begging for $300 hoping gullible suckers will fill her cup when they see she will have to cover costs for her Emotional Cripple dog, two nights in a hotel in Tampa, a second bag of luggage, and meals. If this is what she really thinks is financially possible; I’d guess the $300 she is begging for will also get her limo service for a couple of days. Does the dog’s vest have a couple of pockets which read above them….”Need food and shelter. Please donate”.
      BTW, just below her picture at top of this page it says she has changed her name to Cori Byrd. Begging will be exponentially more successful were she to change her name to Shit Bird.

17. My, My, My says:

Reservoir Bar has a facebook as well, and I am sure the GM and the bar would love a link to this story from a vindication perspective.

They block FB at my office; I cant do it. But I think this is it: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reservoir-Bar/163668463661940

18. Martinjmpr says:

Who wants to start a countdown before Cori claims MST (Military Sexual Trauma) as both the reason for her short career in the Army and her disability?

19. Dustoff says:

Nothing says the need for a dog with a vest like 41 days at Jackson.

20. Dennis - not chevy says:

I had a basset hound who passed the test to be allowed to visit hospitals, nursing homes, and the like; you try getting a basset hound to pass anything, it ain’t easy. The test was hard, the dog was given two chances and had he failed after the second chance he was done for life. Then I had to take a test including understanding where I could and could not take the dog. The dog’s certificate would have been voided had I broken the rules. This is why I don’t understand the nerve of the people I see in stores, trains, and elsewhere with dogs that have no training.

• Roger in Republic says:

My wife had one of her German Shepherds certified as a therapy dog. She (the dog) was the sweetest animal you ever saw. Just petting her could drop your blood pressure by 30 points. The wife would take Jeannie to the local nursing home and allow the old folks to interact with her. She was the hit of the season with them. One little lady stroked her head and started talking to her like an old friend. The nurses said that these were the first words any of them had ever heard her speak. There is great power in the love of a dog.

• David says:

Our mutt is AKC therapy dog tested for disposition training, etc. but it is explicitly spelled out that she is NOT a service dog and her certification will be yanked should the owner try to claim it. Oh, and fyi, as long as the dog isn’t screwing up, Home Depot allows ’em.

• David says:

My bad, wife says the temperament testing is similar to AKC testing but not the same as the AKC Good Citizen test. She also says REAL service dogs get 4 years plus training… and as far as she knows, ain’t no such thing as a fibromyalgia service dog.

21. Skidmark says:

Since I’m only half computer literate, Jonn, Please check your email for the screenshots of the convo I’ve been having with Cori.

22. Skidmark says:

I want them shared here…Just not sure how to do it. lol…Convo is ongoing still. I want all to see it.

• Skidmark says:

Thanks and sorry. I’ll get more savy as time goes on I hope.
        According to Dallas Wiggenfeld or whatever his name is, I’m already a SuperSecretNinjaWarrior that leads you and Shipley. I was the leader of the sabotage, assassination, conspiracy and death of DAB. What do I have to lose right? lolol.
        He has a website dedicated to Don, you and I. It’s insane!

23. bombstopr says:

From messaging I had with her ex-husband: “Good. She cheated on me with my best friend Shaun while he was 16 or 17 while she was 25. Add that.
    Then married him when he turned 18 and even cheated on him again when he got injured on a job site
    She relies on other people to take care of her. She was always conning my dad into giving us money when we were married.”

24. SgtM says:

How long has that dog been in training? Looks like years. If it is not trained by now, it is untrainable. Where did her kids go? She can feed the dog and over feed herself, but the kids seem to be gone.

Well. I read her input in those screenshots up there and she says she had fibromyalgia which prevented her from RE-enlisting.

Okay, well, but that isn’t something that was caused by the Army. If she had it when she arrived, and it was evident while she was on AD, then I’d be delighted to know how she thinks she could claim she caught it in the Army????

It’s not like it’s some kind of thing you pick up from eating Low-T food in the mess hall, is it?

Or if you mistook a wad of plastic explosive for chocolate chip cookie dough because it was the same color and had brown spots, and it made you go climb the flagpole and sit up there singing cloud songs and counting purple sheep, that wouldn’t exactly be a disability issue, would it?

So essentially, she’s trying to run a scam at the expense of her dog, whose pack instinct tells it to go along to get along, and – well, I’m just thinking that maybe I could find a feral shelter cat, buy a little vest for it, and take it with me to some overpriced yuppie pit stop in the Loop and tell the waiter it’s my service cat and wants fish done just so.

Just trying to understand here, that’s all.

• sj says:

Re-enlisting after only 40 days or so? I’ve been out too long but is that even done?

• AW1Ed says:

Mrs. AW1Ed has it, most likely years of being a horse-woman and ER Tech caught up with her. Very painful and debilitating. She’s been to more pain docs than I can remember, and has been on very heavy meds for years. If this young lady has it, my sympathies, but Ex is correct. It isn’t something one gets in boot like the famous company-wide crud. That dog won’t hunt.

*pun intended*

26. sj says:

Re Skidmark’s conversation with her. See she also supposedly has fibromyalgia. Friend who has to deal with SSI claimants says that fibromyalgia is right up there with PTSD as why they can’t work and need a handout. Pisses me off for the folks who really do have it.

Didn’t know SLuuRPer41 was back in action on the www. I thought Dan did all his webwork.

• Skidmark says:

Unfortunately no. DW has a website that has me mixed up with about 4 different people but as one person. A reporter from Texas called me months ago about it, sent me the link and everything else about it. I saw it. Called my Lawyer. Blocked all traffic about it. Left it alone.
      I’m guessing it’s still up, but I don’t care.
      Actually I’m kind of proud…I’m able to give orders to Senior Chief Shipley, Jonn and Company? Please? I’m honored. lolol

27. JimV says:

We have therapy dogs that visit our patients at the VA Hospital. The patients seem to enjoy the visits. Therapy dogs are specially trained animals and not just some pooch wearing a vest.

28. HMC Ret says:

It’s sad she had plans to RE-enlist at 41 days but got canned b/c military service AGGRAVATED a pre-existing condition. Can’t support her FOUR kids but can shell out bucks for booze. I have zip sympathy for you, honey. I think you’re a professional con artist. Do you plan to file for the PTSD you caught in boot? Were you traumatized b/c you were inappropriately touched? I see where this is going. Saw it frequently at the VA. Hell, in five years you can be scamming the system for 3-4 K a year.
    Pardon my insensitivity. Or not.

29. Troy says:

I gladly reenlisted in the US Navy on my second day of bootcamp in Great Mistakes Il. Would have done it the first day but we arrived around 0300. That’s 3:00 AM for the non veterans. Who loves you baby?

She’s a professional mooch. Run her name in GFM: Cori Byrd. She claimed to have four kids but that her fiance left her holding all the bills. She wanted to “bring my babies home for Christmas.” Some saps came up with $145 for her. Then there’s the GFM b/c she’s such a great writer, vanity publishers contacted her and invited her to be published by them! And, of course, there’s the doggie vest GFM. What a POS. Four kids and regularly hitting a “dive bar” as she called it. Mother of the Year nominee.

31. Skippy says:

From what I can see from the Tex conversation above and the DD214
    She is a wash out but her story about her husband if true and she had any
    Kiddos would have landed her a one way pass out of the Army
    No questions asked.. know as far as her condition goes, me personally
    I call BULLSHIT I have a former GF still BFF who is a GS- 15 or 16
    “As of 3 years ago” she has stated to me and my wife that’s a go too
    Condition to try to get a check from social security.
    I also would call BULLSHIT if she was injured in the army because
    It’s also automatic they would have ran her through a pre-med board
    To see if they could have done anything to fix her.
    Before I was retired from the Army
    I was med-vacd or cassvac’d what ever you want to call it
    from treater I spent a week in a hospital in Germany
    Then to Bethesda or what is now known as the new Walter Reed hosp
    After that was sent to a WTU at Ft Lewis so they could retire me,
    Our company was called medvac because we were either seriously injured
    Or wounded outside of CONUS there was another company from seriously injured CONUS and the other company’s were NCOs or Junior Enlisted
    who were being med boarded because there bodies had taken a beating from years of service
    then the last one was people who every one
    “Probably the Leadership too” that was call full of shit company
    Or malingering company
    I never passed judgment on anybody but some of the people in the later
    Had epic storytelling capabilities that make our phonies on here look like
    Pre-school kids.
    I’d love to say more but in the years to come I see a lot more of these
    Clowns coming out of the cracks
    BHWHAHAHAHA!!!!
    BTW
    I was given a Dog while I was at NiCOe It was my wife and NCMs idea to cheer me up because I was seriously depressed, he’s a blue heeler
    And he’s a fucking pain in the ass but he snapped me out of a low spot
    “And believe it this Blog Too”
    Now he’s a full time baby sitter for our two daughters
    And Now I’ll close my trap
    Keep up the great work Jonn

32. fsckity fsck says:

“They will eventually get it out of their systems”

She doesn’t know us very well.

Cori LeCinda Pierce – the turd who defrauds with a dog!

33. Jimmy Bell says:

I don’t know but it seems like it would be a great job for some private detective type to investigate some of these and bust them for fraud if they were scamming. I think insurance companies do that, don’t they?