Friday Feel Good Stories

| November 9, 2018

police

Fences make for good neighbors. Of course, there wasn’t one.
CBS Austin News

Drunk brother grabs sister, and it gets all stabby.
Muskegon Live

Don’t bring pepper spray to, well, you know.
Delaware On Line

Here liberals become pro-gun after getting mugged. In Romania it takes a house breaking.
Romania Insider

Adding insult to injury, same Romanian fined.
Romania Insider, Again

Category: Feel Good Stories

1. David says:

Used to read the feel good stories with interest. Now it’s click a link to another site for their video clip. Reminds me of a Yahoo article based on Twitter. I may be in a minority, but to me this is not a good change.

• AW1Ed says:

Feedback is cheerfully accepted. I can easily post the article with the link, just trying to save some space and time.

• David says:

I miss the snarky accompanying commentary most, I guess.

• 5th/77th FA says:

We had some pretty good snarky commentary with today’s feel good stories, IMHO. YMMV….Sure had a nice crop of play stupid games, win stupid prizes contestants. Odd that the Romania burglar had a key AND the alarm was off.

2. My, My, My says:

Well, that was one hell of an introduction down in Austin.

3. 26Limabeans says:

“Thomas Hardin and a relative of his”

Nah, couldn’t be. Or could it?

4. David says:

The Romanian stories foreshadow what they want to do here… man’s house is broken into while he is home, he is burglarized, and among other things loses an unsecured gun. HE is fined for not securing it.

• mogrith says:

Wonder if that can be used as a defense? I was afraid he was going to get my other gun so I had to shoot!

5. HMC Ret says:

DENVER — Police are investigating after a homeowner fatally shot a man who allegedly broke into a home on Friday night, the Denver Police Department said.

According to police, Rickie Casias, 36, was shot by a homeowner in the 1400 block of Downing Street one block south of East Colfax Avenue.

Police said Casias broke into the home about 8 p.m. Friday and had an altercation with the homeowner when he refused to leave before he was shot.

The suspect was pronounced dead from a gunshot wound inside the home.

The homeowner is cooperating police as they continue to investigate the incident.

Police have not said if the incident falls under Colorado’s “Make My Day” law, which allows people to kill a home intruder if they believe they are in danger.

No arrests have been made.