Tuesday Feel Good Stories

| December 4, 2018 | 53 Comments

glocks flag

With video- caution may be disturbing to children and anti-gun proponents, but for different reasons.
WATCH: Kidnapping Suspect Opens Fire on Police, Takes Fatal Head Shot
AWR Hawkins

A kidnapping suspect with multiple warrants opened fire on Ogden, Utah, police Friday and was quickly killed with a head shot.

The Salt Lake Tribune reports that the suspect, 37-year-old Richard Galvan, “held a woman he had previously dated hostage for much of the day before abandoning her minutes before his fatal confrontation with police.”

Ogden police Chief Randy Watt said the woman awoke to Galvan in her home and that he shifted between “homicidal and suicidal” talk while holding her. Later in the day he forced her to drive him to the downtown area, where he got out of the car and walked away from the woman.

The woman sped off, found an officer, told him of the kidnapping and warned him that Galvan was armed in the downtown area.

Police were able to locate Galvan on surveillance cameras and when an officer approached, Galvin turned away then quickly spun around and opened fire. Galvan missed and was immediately shot in the head, thereafter collapsing lifelessly to the ground.

The entire article may be viewed at Breitbart News

I suppose a Mozambique Drill is a bit much to expect, but Mom did just fine anyway.
Police: Detroit woman getting ready for church shoots, kills man during home invasion
Fatima Bangura

DETROIT (WXYZ) – Detroit police are investigating a home invasion turned fatal shooting on Mark Twain Street Sunday morning.

According to officers, around 10:30 a.m., a mother and daughter were getting ready to leave their home for church when an unknown man approached and tried grabbing one of them.

The mother and daughter then went back inside their home, but the suspect “forced his way inside,” according to police.

The 55-year-old mother then retrieved a gun and fired two shots at the suspect, hitting him at least once in the chest. Medics pronounced him dead at the scene.

Police say the shooting was in self-defense and no arrests will be made.

Read the rest of the article here at WXYZ Detroit

Category: Feel Good Stories

1. OldManchu says:

If you are good enough to shoot the perp in the head, then you could have shot him in the leg instead and saved a life!

The Ogden Utah shooting video is rated G. Film of the JFK assassination and most any video game are much worse. The first officer did not await backup, was in the open, nearing a blind corner, and the shooter had the advantage, got off at least one shot at him but, thankfully, missed. That first officer fired, missed, and dove for cover. Two police cars arrived and became the shooter’s new targets. One of the officers put the shooter down. The shooter must have changed his name. I saw his mug shot and he looks like a Juan Pedro Diego Martinez Fernandez, not a Richard Galvan.

3. 26Limabeans says:

“Galvan missed and was immediately shot in the head”

Thus galvanizing his place in history.

4. 26Limabeans says:

The photo.
    Pair of semiautomatic pistols kissing in the dark.
    Not Kahr? ha ha

• AW1Ed says:

Not Kahr. Hint- the pistol with a face only a mother could love, rhymes with “Block.”

• Kahr!!!!!!!!!. I may have told this story already but anyway, back in 2008, I purchased the Kahr PM sub compact .45 from Delray Shooting Center. Salesman told me that the slide was hard to rack due to the heavy spring. Without thinking, I purchased the weapon because one of the reasons was the narrow width of the frame/slide. Took it home without firing it and it was very hard to rack it and I had to put stippled rubber gloves on just to grab the slide. At the time I worked out in our clubhouse gym and did a lot of flyes and other pec routines but trying to work that slide put a hurting on my chest muscles and I should have brought it back to the dealer right away but I went back a week later and tried it out in their range and it was rough. Next thing I knew, the mag fell out after each shot so I made the gun safe and was going to show the owners son the weapon and while still standing in the shooting point, I noticed a a square piece missing from the slides end/rear on the floor. I went out and showed the owners son the weapon and he looked at me in a way maybe thinking that I dropped the weapon on the floor. I’ll give you a refund he said but I said that I’d rather make a swap and traded in the Kahr for the XDSC 3 in. barrel in .40 Cal. The .40 was actually cheaper than the .45. Later on, I called a Member of the Freeport LI, NY police range and shooting club and told him what happened. Right away, he tells me that Kahr at the time had a quality control problem. Forgot to mention that the owners son tried to cop an excuse saying that a lot of the NYC Police officers used Kahr .009’S as back ups. Not a nice place to shoot. You have to buy their ammo so I bought their ammo and loaded my own ammo into their 50 rd labeled boxes. Very un friendly place and a lot of shooters whom I talked to agreed.

• Ex-PH2 says:

I like that photo. I may borrow it.

5. IDC SARC says:

Dead assholes…lolz

It’s Tuesday morning, ahmmm already drunk, armed and don’t give a shit. Oh, and I haz BACON!

America:Fukk Yeah!

I shall never forgive Twist for introducing me to the video, “Makin’ Bacon Pancakes.” And…Making Bacon Pancakes, Making Bacon Pancakes, take some bacon and I put in some pancakes… (And, now, for at least the next three hours…Making pancakes, makin’ bacon pancakes…)

Two perps attempting serious crimes involving force, two taxpayer relief shots.

I can certainly live with that, even if some (including the ex-perps) can’t.

8. What was so graphic on the perp getting shot. I see a guy firing a hand gun then falls on the ground which is covered by a square blob. There is worse stuff on the hollyweird movies that are shown in theaters and on tv. I don’t get it.

9. Grandma says he was a good boy, maybe should get search warrant of grandma’s house and check all the goodies he gave his grandma. Funny how all the fella’s are always described as pretty much a pillar of the community and have such a long criminal history.

10. Just some info, Chris Watts, killer of pregnant wife and 2 young daughters and sentenced to life without parole in Colorado, has been transferred to a undisclosed prison out of state for his own safety. Sure is nice of folks here worried about a person’s safety after he pleads self out of death penalty for 3 deaths of family, where’s Bubba when you need him.