Actress Chooses Army Over Hollywood

| March 14, 2019 | 38 Comments

Actress Carly Schroeder of “Lizzie McGuire” fame has just enlisted in the Army according to a FoxNews article.

“I’ve been considering it for a while and it is a big choice, but thankfully my parents and my little brother were very supportive of me,” Schroeder, 28, told TMZ on Wednesday. “My dad was actually in the Army, he was a Green Beret medic, and my little brother Hunter, he’s in the Marines now.”

The article went on to quote her…

She announced her move in February, writing on Instagram, “For 22 years, I’ve played dress up for a living. As an actress I’ve been kidnapped, gone blind, nearly eaten by lions and murdered on more than one occasion. I tormented Lizzie McGuire’s little brother on the Disney Channel, was a dolphin trainer, the first female soccer player on an all boys team and Harrison Ford once rescued me during an intense home invasion.”

Yeah, how hard can it be?   Seriously, I applaud her for doing so.

“Serving my country will give my voice more validity. I can better serve and advocate for veterans once I am a part of their community,” she added. “The military is a family and family always has each others back.”

Category: Politics

1. Daisy Cutter says:

Yes, and you can do all this and more in the U.S. Army. I can hear the recruiter now.

2. Trent says:

Good for her. I hope she does well. She can add some sanity to the Hollywood community.

3. Keepin' It Real says:

She appears to be a tough young lady. I’ll bet they can throw all they have at her and she can take it.

In fact, I bet she won’t break down and cry… until she gets that first paycheck.

• MSG Eric says:

Yeah but everybody cries when they get their first military paycheck.

• SEAL TWO says:

I didn’t. That first paycheck was more money than I’d ever made digging post-holes, slaughtering hogs and picking up dead chickens on my grandfather’s farm. The military was an escape from hell, and I got paid for it (and I didn’t even have to smell mule farts).

4. USAF RET says:

Good for her. A young lady with her head on straight. Good parenting kept the stupidity of Hollywood out her decision-making process

5. thebesig says:

Good move on her part. She’s going to be in for a culture shock for many reasons. For example, the military’s version of “make-believe” involves Situational Training Exercises (STX) and Field Training Exercises (FTX) that involves a script that isn’t given in advance, but is “developed” on the spot as the scenario evolves. When her career gets underway, she would be more susceptible to being “red pilled”, which would be a good thing.

6. Roh-Dog says:

F**k yeah, that’s a win. Being a real citizen > Hollyweird.
    Just remember, YAAYAS (You Ain’t Airborne…)

7. A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

Good for her, and I wish her success along with some good, intense and realistic training!

8. 26Limabeans says:

War is not a movie. Hope she gets that.

9. docduracoat says:

How unusual for a denizen of Hollywood.
    What a good person wanting to serve her country.
    There is hope for our young people!

10. 5th/77th FA says:

You go girl! Prolly make her Papa proud. I know I am.

GO ARMY BEAT NAVY

Good move on her part. I hope she makes it all the way through and past the rough spots ahead.

12. Slow Joe says:

I want to see the DD 214, or whatever you call the ERB, on her dad…..

13. Tallywhagger says:

What a cutie!

14. Sparks says:

A great young lady and it’s hard to say how proud I am of her. I wish you all the best in your service.

Meanwhile, back in the back rooms of Hollywood, her name is being scratched off the lists of more than she can count. Not just while she is serving but afterward as well. I hope she does well in the Army and in her acting career afterward but I fear she is just too conservative for them now.

15. 5JC says:

Good for her. I will keep an eye out for stuff in the future.

16. OldManchu says:

Miley Cyrus’ Dad Billy Ray wants to know where the hell he went wrong…

17. FatCircles0311 says:

Hahaha the poor marine is n for it now when other marines find out his sister is a babe.

18. Jeffery D Monroe says:

Ole Marine brother LOL Sister a cutie. Blank Billy Ray Cyrus and his total skank family.

19. DinoSquid says:

Her Instagram >> https://www.instagram.com/carlyfries18/

Her Wiki >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carly_Schroeder

She wants to go into Mil-Intel after OCS.

She loves to shoot.

Pretty sure that given her level of publicity, if her bro wasn’t USMC and/or her pops wasn’t S/F medic, she would have been called out on it.

I wish her the absolute best!

20. SgtBob says:

Why do some have to be so mean spirited? Here’s a young woman does what 99% of Americans won’t or can’t do, and you want to cast aspersions on her motivation and honesty. Some of you, I’m glad I didn’t have to see your faces and put up with your stuff every day.

21. The Old Sarge says:

What could possibly go wrong? I’ll wait for updates with bated breath.